Mass casualty event Astroworldfest. Multiple dead. Hundreds injured

FartingMonk

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its amazing how people listen to Travis Scott

but not Zro, Slim Thug , Scarface, Lil Keke, Paul Wall, Big Pokey, etc

CounterPoint.gif

Travis Scott wisely hooked up with one of the Jenner/Kardashian Klan. 

Good list, but Paul Wall sucks. 

Scarface not making it big is a small tragedy. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

"Festival Seating" at concerts should be illegal. I was crushed against the stage about 4 rows back at a Rush concert in Seattle. Had to literally fight my way to the edge and gtfo. 

Yep. I will never get in that type of situation again. I’ll watch from the cheap seats…damn. 

I'm claustrophobic so there is a zero percent chance that I would ever be close enough to the stage to get crushed like that.  I get wanting to see your "idol" or favorite group as close as possible, but I don't get putting yourself into a crowd like that.  It's gross being that close to people I don't know anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I'm claustrophobic so there is a zero percent chance that I would ever be close enough to the stage to get crushed like that.  I get wanting to see your "idol" or favorite group as close as possible, but I don't get putting yourself into a crowd like that.  It's gross being that close to people I don't know anyway.

Years ago I had it happen at the Galveston Mardis Gras - (but never had any issues in New Orleans). Anyway, there were chicks with us and I was pretty scared for them. It was hard enough for me to get to a side street. I think until it happens to you, it is a little hard to imagine the force of a crowd.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Years ago I had it happen at the Galveston Mardis Gras - (but never had any issues in New Orleans). Anyway, there were chicks with us and I was pretty scared for them. It was hard enough for me to get to a side street. I think until it happens to you, it is a little hard to imagine the force of a crowd.

Agree as I’ve been in a few situations where you have not choice but to move with the crowd. Many festivals or sport events go too cheap on security and crowd control. They think that putting security at the front is enough, when the problem can be with the people in the back pushing forward.

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Seeing this video and others like it from earlier in the day is pretty chilling bc crowd was already nuts well before the concert. 

I guess he'd be cool with people dying if it was an artist he liked more. 

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I am now a balcony only Mardi Gras person. Instead of consorting with the riffraff on equal terms, I choose to lob trinkets to the rabble in exchange for small sexual favors. 

• Drool 1

54 minutes ago, Hate said:

My son is a Travis Scott fan and has been wanting to go to Astroworld.  He's 13 so there is no chance I'm letting hi go yet, but I'll have to use this as a teachable moment about what can happen if you go to a Travis Scott show.  Maybe he'll rethink it. 

This could happen at any concert, not just Travis Scott. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Of course it can. But my son doesn’t want to go to any other concert and I have no desire to go to a Travis Scott show along with him until he is old enough to go on his own.

Just now, Pancho said:

Yep. Absolutely. No question. When it comes to liability (criminal or civil) Scott may have a specific problem in that he’s encouraged his crowds to rush the stage on numerous occasions. There is going to be a lot of blame going around for sure. But this has happened at all types of concerts etc…with this type of set up. It’s a terrifying thing to be in and hopefully lessons will be learned here. It’s tragic that people just wanted to have a good time and didn’t come home from a concert. 

When you see all the videos from earlier in the day it’s hard to imagine this not happening. So tragic. 

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

Of course it can. But my son doesn’t want to go to any other concert and I have no desire to go to a Travis Scott show along with him until he is old enough to go on his own.

Uncle Pancho will take him.  (And by take him I mean let him watch on tv while I’m there so he can get a glimpse of what concert life is like with Travis Kardashian.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

“Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said over 360 police officers and 241 security officers were stationed at the event Friday.

Pena and Finner said many questions remain and an investigation into the mass fatality event is ongoing.

“Nobody could have dreamed of this, but we’re here. I think it’s very important that none of us speculate. Nobody has the answers tonight,“ Finner said. “I want to thank Live Nation. I want to thank NRG, HFD, our frontline police officers. Nobody has had the opportunity to review any video. And Live Nation has told us that they will allow us to review the video. I want to say this because there’s a lot of rumors going around and if you don’t have the facts, you don’t have the evidence, I’m not going to speak against that. We have hurting families out here.”

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Uncle Pancho will take him.  (And by take him I mean let him watch on tv while I’m there so he can get a glimpse of what concert life is like with Travis Kardashian.)

If I had known it was streaming I would have let him watch it.  Maybe next year?

53 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Seeing this video and others like it from earlier in the day is pretty chilling bc crowd was already nuts well before the concert. 

All of that for a fucking Travis Scott concert? Really? 

My former co-worker's three daughters went to this event, I'm worried about them. 

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

“Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said over 360 police officers and 241 security officers were stationed at the event Friday.

"We had literally two hundred thousand police officers there. You can't place any liability with us."

3 minutes ago, FOXHOUND said:

All of that for a fucking Travis Scott concert? Really? 

My former co-worker's three daughters went to this event, I'm worried about them. 

As mentioned it can happen anywhere. But ya the crowd was already out of control well before the music started. Twitter from last night is heartbreaking with people posting pics of loved ones that they hadn’t located/heard from. One of those is a picture of a guy who can later be seen being worked on by paramedics in other videos/pictures. 

Where I get pissed is seeing the fuckers dancing on top of the ambulances in the crowd trying to get to victims. Fuck those assholes. 

Edited by Nicole44

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Never knew I was claustrophobic until I got caught in a crowd crush at a wet t-shirt contest during spring break in Matomoros in ‘93.     

Since then, I can barely get on an airplane.  I was a hair’s breadth from a full in panic attack waiting to get into George Strait’s last show at the Dome - and that crowd was pretty orderly.

This story triggers me badly.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Pena and Finner said many questions remain and an investigation into the mass fatality event is ongoing.

“Nobody could have dreamed of this, but we’re here. I think it’s very important that none of us speculate. Nobody has the answers tonight,“ Finner said. “I want to thank Live Nation. I want to thank NRG, HFD, our frontline police officers. Nobody has had the opportunity to review any video. And Live Nation has told us that they will allow us to review the video. I want to say this because there’s a lot of rumors going around and if you don’t have the facts, you don’t have the evidence, I’m not going to speak against that. We have hurting families out here.”

You don’t usually see so many thank you’s for a mass casualty event…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Shit doesn’t happen at jimmy buffet concerts.  Just saying..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Ok, but what about the part of the story that says there were two separate incidents? One the crushing stampede incident and the other a cardiac event later? 

This is where the HFD chief was talking about rumors but here you go. Very scary if true:

7:30 AM PT -- A source connected to Astroworld tells TMZ, someone in the crowd went crazy and began injecting people with some sort of drug, which caused panic and then a surge. The source says authorities are trying to determine if those who went into cardiac arrest were the ones injected. We're told one of those who died is a 10-year-old. The source says it appears to be a targeted attack. We have not confirmed this report, but the source is a key person involved in the festival.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/06/travis-scott-astroworld-concert-stampede-dead-drake/

• Hook 'Em 1