Mass casualty event Astroworldfest. Multiple dead. Hundreds injured

FartingMonk

8 minutes ago, VivaNaranja said:

So his parents should be charged even though they didn't violate the law? They made a poor decision - one that I wouldn't make.  They didn't commit a crime and its cruel and asinine to say they should be charged with a crime after losing their child in a tragic accident.

A 6 year old girl died in the Aurora movie theater shooting.  Should we charge her paralyzed mother for bringing her daughter to an R rated movie?

I’m not advocating for charged but this isn’t even close to being an appropriate comparison. 
Travis Scott is known for exhorting his crowds to rush stage, get amped up etc

Having a 9 year old in middle of that was a terrible decision. Setting aside lyrics, drug use etc going on. Just from a being in a scrum of people aspect it makes zero sense. 

The dad is going to have to live with his poor decision the rest of his life. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’m not advocating for charged but this isn’t even close to being an appropriate comparison. 
Travis Scott is known for exhorting his crowds to rush stage, get amped up etc

Having a 9 year old in middle of that was a terrible decision. Setting aside lyrics, drug use etc going on. Just from a being in a scrum of people aspect it makes zero sense. 

The dad is going to have to live with his poor decision the rest of his life. 

I'm not defending the dad's decision, and I would not make the same decision with my kids.  I just think it's terrible to blame grieving parents right now. But hey, it's the internet so anonymous assholes piling on is par for the course

4 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

I don't know Jimmy from a hole in the ground, but in my experience the people with the strongest opinions on what parents should or should not do is the people who don't have any.

For cloakroom asswipes who live in a world of zero sum thinking, it's impossible that the event coordinators can be at fault and that this kids' parent could have made a really stupid decision bring him in the first place.  It's both, for fuck's sake!

I have three kids and no I wouldn’t have taken my kids there because I am overly cautious with them but I was taken to concerts as a kid that age in the 80s without getting trampled and I just think it’s shit to blame the parents for this tragedy when the true blame lies with whoever was in charge of safety at that event.

4 hours ago, jkates said:

My "pressing charges against them" is how I feel. I do not want anyone to be charged if no laws were broken. 

Well that’s not what you said. You said the kid who just now died lost the parent lottery, that his parents suck, and that you were “all for” pressIng charges against the parents. It’s not like I can’t read or anyone else can’t scroll up to read what you wrote if they feel like it. Hence me calling you a piece of shit, which is true. You should admit you’re wrong and move on. 

Well that’s not what you said. You said the kid who just now died lost the parent lottery, that his parents suck, and that you were “all for” pressIng charges against the parents. It’s not like I can’t read or anyone else can’t scroll up to read what you wrote if they feel like it. Hence me calling you a piece of shit, which is true. You should admit you’re wrong and move on. 

I’m not sorry that my post hurt your feelings and sent you straight to ad hominem. We’ll get past it. Well, I will.

I said I was all for it, but that’s only if a charge fits. I didn’t say that we should go lock them up no matter what. You should scroll up and read some more, but I hope you don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, VivaNaranja said:

So his parents should be charged even though they didn't violate the law? They made a poor decision - one that I wouldn't make.  They didn't commit a crime and its cruel and asinine to say they should be charged with a crime after losing their child in a tragic accident.

A 6 year old girl died in the Aurora movie theater shooting.  Should we charge her paralyzed mother for bringing her daughter to an R rated movie?

That movie was PG-13.

I don’t have a huge problem with a parent taking their kid to that festival. I’ve taken mine to ACL since they were little. I have a huge problem with a parent choosing to stay at this festival after people had already rioted and torn fences down to get in. A tragedy was predictable at that point. 

13 hours ago, jkates said:

I’m not sorry that my post hurt your feelings and sent you straight to ad hominem. We’ll get past it. Well, I will.

I said I was all for it, but that’s only if a charge fits. I didn’t say that we should go lock them up no matter what. You should scroll up and read some more, but I hope you don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should get rid of your Tapatalk signature.  It's annoying.  Just like you.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, Spaulding Smails said:

When I was 11, I traded my buddy a few of my CDs for his.  I ended up with some Guns n Roses CDs and gave him some of the crap I got from my Columbia House subscription.  My dad was driving during a long road trip and I asked him if I could put in one of the new CDs I got in the trade.  I handed him Appetite for Destruction complete with an "EXPLICIT LYRICS" tag on the label.  My dad glanced at it, calmly rolled down the window without saying a word, and flung it into the I-10 median doing 65.  

Were you guys on the way to paradise city? 

19 hours ago, Spaulding Smails said:

When I was 11, I traded my buddy a few of my CDs for his.  I ended up with some Guns n Roses CDs and gave him some of the crap I got from my Columbia House subscription.  My dad was driving during a long road trip and I asked him if I could put in one of the new CDs I got in the trade.  I handed him Appetite for Destruction complete with an "EXPLICIT LYRICS" tag on the label.  My dad glanced at it, calmly rolled down the window without saying a word, and flung it into the I-10 median doing 65.  

caddyshack-get.gif

Man, I was this close to asking why you were trading your body for a few CDs.

Did this thread turn into "True Busted As A Young'un Confessions"?

Okay, here's mine... when I was in 10th grade I bought this patch because I saw another dude wearing a similar one on his jeans (see, for you younger types, we used to sew patches onto our jeans).

pisces.png.0284e4ba8d22bf6f1b206c7a5fb4ee7d.png

I completely ignorantly handed it to my mom and asked her to sew it on my jeans.  She whopped me across the face and said, "Hell if I'm going sew that garbage onto your clothes!  What the hell is wrong with you?"

(Shoulda learned how to sew earlier in life).

• Haha 2

On 11/7/2021 at 8:03 PM, Blotto said:

He seems to be thriving. 

Can vocal cords be fat? He talks at the speed of gravy.

This dude is the worst interview ever.  He is giving the host nothing. This is why you don't do a bunch of lean before you do an interview.

He 100% has to wipe his ass with a rag on a stick, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Can vocal cords be fat? He talks at the speed of gravy.
This dude is the worst interview ever.  He is giving the host nothing. This is why you don't do a bunch of lean before you do an interview.
He 100% has to wipe his ass with a rag on a stick, right?

And yet Pimp C is gone, but his big ass is still around. SMDH
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Tony fuckin' Buzbee is the attorney to take on the Scott case.

$175MM lawsuit representing (currently) 125 plaintiffs suing over "negligence in failing to properly plan the concert, train security personnel and host a safe event"

You think they are bringing in all these 5* because the station is lit?