Act person you thought would make it big but didn’t

closetohumping

Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush)—for some reason I’d have thought she would have been in a lot more stuff the past 18 years or so. She also got way too skinny. 

Ana Alicia (Halloween 2/ Falcon Crest) my dad had huge crush on her in the 1980s and never understood why she wasn’t in more stuff…he was a sucker for petite ladies from Mexico. 

8FFDBFAE-4512-41B8-9598-1AA72825A208.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush)—for some reason I’d have thought she would have been in a lot more stuff the past 18 years or so. She also got way too skinny. 

Ana Alicia (Halloween 2/ Falcon Crest) my dad had huge crush on her in the 1980s and never understood why she wasn’t in more stuff…he was a sucker for petite ladies from Mexico. 

8FFDBFAE-4512-41B8-9598-1AA72825A208.jpeg

Fess up, that’s an old glamour photo of you, right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

He may be a bigger star than I realize but I thought Josh Lucas could be the next Paul Newman after his role in Sweet Home Alabama, had completely forgot about him until seeing him in Ford/Ferrari movie.  

He makes all his money voicing Home Depot commercials. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Patrick Wilson

Amy Smart

James Purefoy

Shannon Sossamon 

This is a good list. Purefoy and Sossaman especially. Add Bella Heathcoate if anyone here even remembers her from about 2012. 

From about the same time, amanda seyfried got big but I thought she’d be much bigger.  Just sort of plateaued and faded.  

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Patrick Wilson

The dude has 2 horror franchises he stars in and is the antagonist to Aquaman. Also has a dumb Roland Emmerich disaster movie he's starring in. He's not the Rock but the dude has had a solid career. He was great in Fargo, season 2. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Ron Livingston. He owned every scene he had in BoB.

Not to derail, but he has a pretty funny TV series from a few years ago called Loudermilk that's now streaming on Amazon.

I think it pretty much slipped under the radar because it was on the Audience Network originally, but it's a solid comedy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

The dude has 2 horror franchises he stars in and is the antagonist to Aquaman. Also has a dumb Roland Emmerich disaster movie he's starring in. He's not the Rock but the dude has had a solid career. He was great in Fargo, season 2. 

True. He has a good career. Just thought he would be an A-List name. I guess he’s close. 

16 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

Minka Kelly. I always thought she’d go on to be way bigger after FNL. She’s a damn smoke show. 

Adrianne Palicki was the smoke show.

He’s had a decent career but I want more Steve Zahn. *edit* before I get OPed I realize he was recently in a hot hbo show. Good, he’s one of those great dramatic/comedic dudes

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 4

Guy Pearce should be a bigger act person.  He had LA Confidential and Memento right together which were both super loved and critically acclaimed.  Then he sort of went to supporting guy with just one or two big roles in the 20 years since. 

Mike Myers isn’t in anything anymore.  I guess he’s just rolling around in Shrek money. 

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

It took me years to accept that Mark Paul Gosselaar and Tiffani Amber Thiessen were not the biggest celebrities on earth.  “Why aren’t they getting these roles instead of Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts?  Did Spielberg never see the episode where Bayside High has an oil spill?  How are the most important act persons in the world reduced to Law & Order guest spots and acne cream commercials?”

For real though, Luke Perry deserved the post-teen heartthrob act person treatment Robert Pattinson is getting now.  Glad QT featured him in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. 

• Hook 'Em 3