2021-22 MLB Offseason Thread

Beau Vine

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Talkin’ Jake makes a pretty flawed point here (bringing up other players does nothing to provide the appropriate context of the numbers he himself posted), but even within his terrible point, I’m not sure including Arenado accomplishes what he wants it to accomplish. In his first season away from Coors he produced a .255/.312/.494 slash line, a bit of a step back from his career .288/.345/.535. Talkin’ Jake seems like a dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Talkin’ Jake makes a pretty flawed point here (bringing up other players does nothing to provide the appropriate context of the numbers he himself posted), but even within his terrible point, I’m not sure including Arenado accomplishes what he wants it to accomplish. In his first season away from Coors he produced a .255/.312/.494 slash line, a bit of a step back from his career .288/.345/.535. Talkin’ Jake seems like a dipshit. 

Worth noting that thread kicked off because Jake was saying Story would provide better value at his cheaper price compared to Correa’s $300 million price tag, not that Story is necessarily better.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

For another 100M?

I don't think it would have been that much.  By doing it so early, you're averaging out 5-6 years when he still would have been relatively cheap with 6-7 years after he would have been a free agent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

I don't think it would have been that much.  By doing it so early, you're averaging out 5-6 years when he still would have been relatively cheap with 6-7 years after he would have been a free agent.

Ah I get what you mean now. My bad. 

Hard to predict those types of things. This could blow up in the Rays face for all we know. 

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t like that contract for the Rays. Franco has played in 70, seventy, 7-0 major league games. 

He is the right age for a 12 year deal, but that’s a lot of money for the cheapest organization in professional sports. 

It will make him easy to trade when the time comes.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fake account, bro.

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

indeed. “mets” and “front runner” should’ve been a dead giveaway. 

Actually probably not too far off. Lots of chatter that the Mets offer is 3/$120m

Edited by TonyTexas