Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

For a healthy program with a reasonable succession plan from one coach to the next 2-3 years is plenty of time. We are the opposite of that and it will take more time.

I think they should get 5 years unless they display incompetence or are an asshole as long as their are signs of improvement year over year. See our last two coaches. I'd say 4 years now with the portal without coordinators being dumped after a year or two.

And I'm not discounting the fact that the previous two coaches made their bed with horrendous staffs from the outset. Those needed overhauls. I don't think that's the case now. Sark can call an effective offense and PK was widely considered a homerun because he had been successful for years at UW. Sark the head coach is an unknown despite some people's insistence that getting sober and working under Saban couldn't possibly provide an opportunity to improve on his previous stints as head coach.

If we can really take advantage of the portal and overhaul the roster this year then Sark has a chance. If not we can continue this discussion with the next coach. Because you're right, 4-5 years isn't going to happen in the world today.

This year is on the players, imo. And I think that's pretty clear based on recent developments. Let's see what years 2 and 3 bring without overhauling the staff assuming things are moving in the right direction. Year 4 should be very good 10+ wins and if not then make changes.

• Hook 'Em 4

I don’t get why he can’t start simple and ease into the scheme. He should be flexible enough to do that. 
Agreed and I believe I said that I wish he was a little more flexible to make adjustments based on available personnel. That said, I also don't know if any of them truly understood the dumpster fire they were walking into.

1 hour ago, Azbadlands said:

Diazes scheme never worked, he just had a bunch of well developed studs handed off to him from Muschamp or Robinson's first stint under Mack, can't remember which....

So you're saying these coaches that have 3 years to earn a longterm gig here are going to come in and not try to develop a scheme for the players they have; but instead, try to fit square pegs in round holes?  They only have 3 years to get all the round pegs they need to fit all the holes.... If they had just went back and watched the basic defense that Ash had last season that was improving toward the end of last season, and implemented that, they would be sitting on more wins right now.  It doesn't mean they have to abandon the scheme they want to run.  They can slowly include it and build on it as they recruit the players they need for it...But, why abandon something that was working for something you think you can make work when you have the right pieces?  That's just called being locked in and stubborn...

I mean, I understand the fanbase, boosters, etc should be more patient and allow coaches to prove themselves,  but that is just not reality...

I don't know how much I have to say it but I will continue to do so until people get it. Coaches are their scheme. They don't change schemes because the scheme they run is what they know. They go from place to place installing it. PK isn't changing anything.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I don't know how much I have to say it but I will continue to do so until people get it. Coaches are their scheme. They don't change schemes because the scheme they run is what they know. They go from place to place installing it. PK isn't changing anything.

Then PK needs to fuckin' get off his ass and bring in the players that can execute his defense...  NOW !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Bucky said on the radio this morning they usually travel according to what string they play. Sounded like starters and backups, etc. on one bus, scrubs on another. Who knows?

Almost the whole team is scrubs.

Pretty sure that's BS and it's only divided by O and D. Maybe it was something Herman did, he did love stratification. 

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

So he wasted an outburst on 3rd string mother fuckers?

If our 3rd string motherfuckers were real motherfuckers, then those motherfuckers would be pushing the 1st and 2nd string motherfuckers that aren't real motherfuckers... But instead, a bunch motherfuckers are not real at any string.

This shit is real, motherfuckers. 

I hope next year's (unofficial) slogan is "Get in the motherfucker!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yeah I just discovered they deleted them. I understand them not wanting to report it themselves, but I'm not sure why they don't want the info out. 

Don't think this kid needs to be shit on via social media etc. with as much press as this is getting.  Especially this week while it's still viral.  He just doesn't need to play football at Texas ever again.  If the individual isn't in the 2 deep anyways and no obvious announcement needs to be made, then who gives a shit.  Just GTFO out of the locker room.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

I was big on Foster as a recruit and he played very well his freshman year.  I'm not sure what happened after his freshman year but his attempts at tackling against ou his sophomore year and his terrible effort game in and game out since then have me questioning if this guy even wants to play football.  I've never seen a guy that was a good tackler and a hard hitter become so soft.  I'm not sure if it's injuries, if he's scared to get hurt again, or if he's let the programs loser mentality permeate.  Either way, it's a bitch ass move to quit in the middle of a game, especially the first game of the season.  I lost all respect for him as a player after that.

I maintain that he has not been the same since he got his bell seriously rung in a game his freshman year.  Got up and wobbled.  I could not believe he played the next week.  Seems like I remember that not being his first one.

• Like 1

Well, this is the internet, so I'm going to say whatever I want and a bunch of grown men will punish me with super hurty and mean neg reps.

Go back to CR where you are king and post something cool about some politician you support and you will get those reps up in no time.

But it would be really cool if you stayed there and not post in other boards, that would do everybody else a huge favor bro.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

If our 3rd string motherfuckers were real motherfuckers, then those motherfuckers would be pushing the 1st and 2nd string motherfuckers that aren't real motherfuckers... But instead, a bunch motherfuckers are not real at any string.
This shit is real, motherfuckers. 
I hope next year's (unofficial) slogan is "Get in the motherfucker!!!!"

The string associated with our program is the tampon string.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

The string associated with our program is the tampon string.

I had a part-time job as a file clerk at an OB/GYN's office in college. One day a woman came in complaining of some issue and they found three old tampons in her. Our players are those three old tampons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Agreed and I believe I said that I wish he was a little more flexible to make adjustments based on available personnel. That said, I also don't know if any of them truly understood the dumpster fire they were walking into.

There are 22 year old interns and 35 year old employees that probably kind of look in to these things for a major coaching hire. It’s not like we on this board see things that agents don’t. They see the dumpster fire more than us. Coaches always say “I can fix this” especially for 5 mil.

Sark knew what he was getting in to culture wise.

I had a part-time job as a file clerk at an OB/GYN's office in college. One day a woman came in complaining of some issue and they found three old tampons in her. Our players are those three old tampons. 

Lol. And our program is a yeast-infected, smelly pussy.

Gynecology talk not going away.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1