Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

As with everything else there's nuance here that people who only want to treat everything as binary miss. 

Did he have to call them mother fuckers? of course not. But it is a rough ass violent sport that requires an emotional response when training young men to engage in such controlled violence and aggression. Lighting them up elicits a stronger emotional response than politely asking them to please stop laughing and take their football careers at the university seriously. 

Also, it's all about the personality and authenticity of the person delivering it. If Mack or Dabo or Pete Carroll do it then it's just ridiculous and no one would take it seriously because it isn't in their personality. From what we know of Bo Davis he's an intense and in your face personality so this comes authentically from him and was better received. 

I'm not going to watch this next game but because of Bo I'm going to record it and go through it late at night. The interest lies in how the team responds. Will show a lot how many slap dick bozos Sark will need to send packing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One thing i remember Sark saying when he took over, was he was gonna treat the players like professionals. Implying i guess something about how Herman treated the players. 

And i liked the sound of that. 

Then you had the bunch of players missing the voluntary workout prior to a holiday break last summer. 

In hindsight, that was a foreshadowing of what we have now. 

Players who have to be treated like children instead of professionals.  

The lack of player leadership was evident then. 

I guess the staff thought they could manufacture the leadership needed, Sark even saying in availabilities that the staff were the teams leaders. Something people like Rod Babers gave a side eye to. 

This is disappointing. That players on the team arent doing/being whats best for the team. That thats lead to a 4-5 start. And the coming deconstruction of the team and hopefully a winning rebuild. 

Fuck. Sometimes its so damn hard to be a longhorn fan. 

Hook em!

Former Longhorns receiver Quan Cosby (2005-08) tweeted: “Only issue I had with the video is that it was a coach and not another player!!! On our teams it would have been one of us or our brothers doing the same!!”

Texarkana Texas High linebacker and 2022 commitment Derrick Brown agreed, tweeting, “I love that video” and “I love coaches like that.” He added: “Can’t wait to get on the 40 Acres.”

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap...

Funny (to me) story from the ISU game. Yolanda was walking up the steps wearing her 45 jersey when a small group of Texas fans at the end of the row by the steps got excited about something that was happening on the field (not related to our team’s play). They were hooting and throwing their Horns up. Yolanda obviously mistook their enthusiasm for the 45 jersey she was wearing and responded as such before quickly realizing her error.

Maybe you had to be there. 

• Haha 1

I think you're right. I think most kids are cynical about canned meat head freak outs from coaches. They've seen it all before. We all have. I don't think it works at all on anyone over the age of 15.

You’re wrong. You think marines aren’t motivated by their staff Sargent getting in their grill? If you had ever played football, you would know there isn’t anything that gets your testosterone pumping like football. This stuff does work as long as you pick your spots.

We had a Vietnamese kid try out for the basketball team one year. After he continued to camp out in the lane on offense during practice one day, coach stopped play and dragged him by his arm up on side of the lane, across the free throw line, and back down the other side of the lane. He then told him, "This! This is Laos! No go Laos!"

But it was when his parents cut off the arm of their Vietnamese kid that the coach grabbed that they knew they would lose the war…
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

As with everything else there's nuance here that people who only want to treat everything as binary miss. 

Did he have to call them mother fuckers? of course not.  

That’s way nicer than most of what I’ve had to say about them. I bet nuns have said worse if they’ve watched our games. 

spacer.png

I also remember reading a report in the Summer of Ben Davis or one of the other senior transfers calling out some of the Texas players basically stating that these guys don’t have the work ethic like the guys at Bama do.  Basically our players don’t show up to voluntary workouts and when they do, the effort is lacking.

• Rage+1 1

52 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I also remember reading a report in the Summer of Ben Davis or one of the other senior transfers calling out some of the Texas players basically stating that these guys don’t have the work ethic like the guys at Bama do.  Basically our players don’t show up to voluntary workouts and when they do, the effort is lacking.

yeah but going to the gym on your own time is a fucking beating. fiji island is a blast and filled with hot ass. 

2 minutes ago, 28jcollins said:

Imagine being the Kansas coaches listening to that soundclip of Bo and realizing they're going to have to face a Texas team that spent a whole week getting grilled for their lack of passion.

They probably feel pretty fucking good about their chances. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

On 11/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, David Dennison said:

I think you're right. I think most kids are cynical about canned meat head freak outs from coaches. They've seen it all before. We all have. I don't think it works at all on anyone over the age of 15.

I know a "motivational speaker" or two who would change their perception of this... But if that failed, we still have the monkey.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Ben Davis got into it with Kerstetter and punched him in the face. Allegedly.

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Funny (to me) story from the ISU game. Yolanda was walking up the steps wearing her 45 jersey when a small group of Texas fans at the end of the row by the steps got excited about something that was happening on the field (not related to our team’s play). They were hooting and throwing their Horns up. Yolanda obviously mistook their enthusiasm for the 45 jersey she was wearing and responded as such before quickly realizing her error.

Maybe you had to be there. 

This doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised she's publically supporting what Davis did though, her son was likely one of the offenders.

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

That’s way nicer than most of what I’ve had to say about them. I bet nuns have said worse if they’ve watched our games. 

spacer.png

Yeah I have no problem with it but just saying if he omitted that part he still could have gotten the same message across. But in the end that message was needed for this group. 

I remember something like that, but old Ben hasn't exactly been dominating fools himself. If you're gonna transfer in and try to lead, on field is the best way.

The players are the 1 thing that has been consistent over the last 5 years of change.   New coaches, new AD, etc....  The one thing we haven't tried to replace to fix this issue is the players.  I think the answer is clear what the problem is.

To be fair, constant turnover of assistants, coordinators and head corches haven't done any of them a favor. We still have guys on the team recruited by Charlie Strong who turtle Tom convinced to not flip.

Having said that, the roster is full of transition class quality players mixed in with 2-3 guys who could start on most any roster in the country, but that's not good enough to overcome all of the instability.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, victory88 said:

I remember something like that, but old Ben hasn't exactly been dominating fools himself. If you're gonna transfer in and try to lead, on field is the best way.

He's had a ton of injuries in college. He's a shell of what he was coming out of HS. He had been a 5*, #10 player in the country.

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

To be fair, constant turnover of assistants, coordinators and head corches haven't done any of them a favor. We still have guys on the team recruited by Charlie Strong who turtle Tom convinced to not flip.

Having said that, the roster is full of transition class quality players mixed in with 2-3 guys who could start on most any roster in the country, but that's not good enough to overcome all of the instability.

The fact a super senior was loafing and being a lazy piece of shit and not leading is the issue. Not a guy who came in and tried to instill actual leadership

• Like 2