Roadhouse remake. Yep, guess we gotta do this.

Parliament

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The first sentence is, uh,  . . . .  The second two are fairly accurate.  It's a great bad movie and it shouldn't be remade.

This. What I meant is that Jake G has been in some great movies with visionary directors. He excels at reading scripts. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. What I meant is that Jake G has been in some great movies with visionary directors. He excels at reading scripts. 

I mean sure, he's a good actor, but I don't really see him replacing Swayze in the role.

There aren't too many actors capable of the philosophical meathead.  Hardy is a decent suggestion, but he would probably be too psycho.

I mean Road House is a dogshit movie that people like ironically. Jake Gyllenhaal is 10 times the actor Swayze ever was and Doug Liman is solid

Swayze films are more watchable and rewatchable than Gyllenhaal’s.

Point Break. That trucker movie. Ghost. Next of kin. Roadhouse. Red Dawn (not the shitty one). He had a brief music career and he is from Oak Forest, in Houston Motherfucking Texas. So shut your whore mouth.

No one is lining up to remake gyllenhaal movies. Yeah he was a good gay cowboy, grunt, and fake superhero. He seems like a nice guy. Nobody cares.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean Road House is a dogshit movie that people like ironically. Jake Gyllenhaal is 10 times the actor Swayze ever was and Doug Liman is solid

11-drake-hotline-bling_w710_h473.jpg.21b51c9d6fc161e6695695c1bfe25e19.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Point Break. That trucker movie. Ghost. Next of kin. Roadhouse. Red Dawn (not the shitty one). He had a brief music career and he is from Oak Forest, in Houston Motherfucking Texas. So shut your whore mouth.

No one is lining up to remake gyllenhaal movies. Yeah he was a good gay cowboy, grunt, and fake superhero. He seems like a nice guy. Nobody cares.

1000746173_Davis_Bo_sss_TexasFB0210(1).jpg.c5973af11494559b21d83955a4dfa9d8.jpg

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean sure, he's a good actor, but I don't really see him replacing Swayze in the role.

There aren't too many actors capable of the philosophical meathead.  Hardy is a decent suggestion, but he would probably be too psycho.

I think Chris Pine could be decent. 

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

back off nivek, seriously

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You left off The Outsiders. 

Is Hollywood still contractually obligated to offer Neal McDonough any and all evil bad guy roles?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

They already sullied the integrity of the original with a sequel which starred the lead singer dude from That Thing You Do (and which I only saw because Master Pancake once riffed it)

3ad03cf0eb7cc2a3df4960d96e8654e3.jpg

Looks like they spent most of the budget on the poster.

Holy crap...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I was really hoping Roadhouse would be turned into a Broadway musical with Dalton played by Neil Patrick-Harris.  

That's To Wong Fu.

On another note it's criminal if they don't cast Seth MacFarlane in some role just so he can say it.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean Road House is a dogshit movie that people like ironically.

I agree with this.  It's one of those rare movies that's awesome despite itself, nttawwt.

10 hours ago, Nivek said:

Also true.  Especially "Black Dog."

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You left off The Outsiders. 

Is Hollywood still contractually obligated to offer Neal McDonough any and all evil bad guy roles?

That is the point.  There are many Patrick Swayze films of him being awesome.   He will sing a love ballad, dance and do ballet, and then rip your fucking throat out while being nice.   Oh, and that was Swayze skydiving and surfing in Point Break.    The closest analog to Swayze is Hugh Jackman.   Charlie Hugh doesn't surf.