Shooter reported at Santa Fe, Texas school

South Austin

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Wow, who knew that New Mexico had schools?

They're actually between Houston and Galveston lol. 

But yeah, reading news coverage, I haven't seen any actual reports of people injured. Just lots of adults scrambling and clutching pearls and scaring kids without anything actually happening. CNN is pushing it as the lead story without any confirmed reports and they're talking to a mom that's freaking out because of what she saw on the news. 

Fucking news is whipping everyone into a frenzy before there's any real confirmation just because they know it gets clicks and eyeballs. 

For fucks sake, there's a Life flight and paramedics there for what may be much Ado about nothing. It's so goddamn frustrating

I'm a piece of shit and spoke before information was in. My apologies and I'll try to do better. Tragedies shouldn't be made light of.

Edited by Captainant
I fucked up and jumped the gun and let my biases get the best of me
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Update:

A gunman walked into an art class at Santa Fe High School and began firing what looked like a shotgun, a witness told CNN affiliate KTRK.

The witness told KTRK she saw a girl shot in the leg.

Details about whether anyone was in custody or what led to the shooting weren't immediately available.

Linky

Exactly. There's kids saying they heard a shot but there's no confirmation from police or authorities that it was anything more a car backfiring or a pallet being dropped. Kids are so whipped up into a frenzy that they'll think any loud noise is a gunshot. It's getting ridiculous

I'm a piece of shit and spoke before information was in. My apologies and I'll try to do better. Tragedies shouldn't be made light of.

Edited by Captainant
I fucked up and jumped the gun and let my biases get the best of me
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Exactly. There's kids saying they heard a shot but there's no confirmation from police or authorities that it was anything more a car backfiring or a pallet being dropped. Kids are so whipped up into a frenzy that they'll think any loud noise is a gunshot. It's getting ridiculous

oh well i fuckin wonder why. dumbass.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They're actually between Houston and Galveston lol. 

Oh, THAT Santa Fe.  I actually heard of it due to that kerfuffle a decade or so back about prayer before the football games.

(I read the "a gunman walked into Santa Fe High School," should be "THE Santa Fe High School," cuz, y'know, like Santa Fe, TX don't have but one).
Still, I guess my New Mexican education didn't serve me well on this one.

Edited by phdhorn

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If kids are telling police that they’ve seen a shooter and people shot, I don’t see a problem with the media reporting the story. Now maybe it’s not true but do you think parents shouldn’t be informed until dead kid are being wheeled out.       

Just now, South Austin said:

That education did as poorly in teaching you to how read thread titles as it did predicting the weather.

Yeah, just for that (and the other, yeah I saw it 2 weeks ago) crack, I will not allow you any of the copious amounts of rain that fall on my house - in Bee Cave.

I'll be like the Road Runner getting all nice and wet, and you'll be like the Coyote bone dry, as the rain only extends to the perimeter of my property.

Ha ha, beyotch.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If kids are telling police that they’ve seen a shooter and people shot, I don’t see a problem with the media reporting the story. Now maybe it’s not true but do you think parents shouldn’t be informed until dead kid are being wheeled out.       

Not at all, but I think it's irresponsible for national news channels to blast the story and interview children who just left the school before there's any sort of confirmation. 

Not at all, but I think it's irresponsible for national news channels to blast the story and interview children who just left the school before there's any sort of confirmation. 

Confirmation of what? They’re interviewing witnesses giving testimony of what happened. That’s what the news does.

- they are interviewing students right now who saw it face-to-face

- several outlets reporting at least one "white sheet over what looks like a body" outside the school.

- at least one shot in the knee

- scare of an incident at this school Feb. 28th but was a false alarm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Confirmation of what? They’re interviewing witnesses giving testimony of what happened. That’s what the news does.

Exactly. The police and ISD are confirming actual Shooter situation was reported and witnesses are stating they saw the incident.  Local and national news are reporting those facts.  Some of you get so triggered by the news doing what the news is supposed to do: report on what they now.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

ABC, CBS and CNN have reported that "police confirm shooting" as the headline and in the article it states that "police confirm they sent officers to the scene", not that they confirmed a shooting. They're pushing the story of a shooting without actual confirmation, which I think is irresponsible and part of the reason everyone is so fucking scared of any loud noise and leads to more false alarms. 

I HOPE this is just a false alarm and that nobody's kid is hurt, and if a shooting did occur I'm glad there has been such a fast response. But fuck me for being frustrated with the news representing unconfirmed reports as confirmed reports, right?

ABC, CBS and CNN have reported that "police confirm shooting" as the headline and in the article it states that "police confirm they sent officers to the scene", not that they confirmed a shooting. They're pushing the story of a shooting without actual confirmation, which I think is irresponsible and part of the reason everyone is so fucking scared of any loud noise and leads to more false alarms. 

I HOPE this is just a false alarm and that nobody's kid is hurt, and if a shooting did occur I'm glad there has been such a fast response. But fuck me for being frustrated with the news representing unconfirmed reports as confirmed reports, right?

Hey dumb ass, it’s already been confirmed. There’s no fucking false alarm here.

Are you just being willfully ignorant?

Maybe if there wasn’t a mass shooting every other week people won’t be nervous at every loud sound.

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm not in front of a TV right now and none of the stories that come up for searching "santa fe highschool active shooter" have that information. Mea culpa if there's people being admitted to hospital with gunshot wounds. 

Just take the L and piss off.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Sorry, I'm not in front of a TV right now and none of the stories that come up for searching "santa fe highschool active shooter" have that information. Mea culpa if there's people being admitted to hospital with gunshot wounds. 

I would like to suggest Decaf

49 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I honestly had no idea there was a town in Texas called Santa Fe.  Maybe this is just a ploy from their tourism department.

it's about 5 min from alvin, home of nolan ryan, and about 10 min from san leon, home of railean distillers.

2 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Wish they'd give it a break with interviewing these kids. They're obviously scared. 

They come at those kids and parents because they know they are literally wounded animals and vulnerable.  It sucks.

I grew up in little ole Santa Fe. Graduated from that High School. Most of my family still lives in that tiny town. Probably have nieces and nephews and cousins in class at the time, I'll have to check.

Edited by MillerEP

21 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

it's about 5 min from alvin, home of nolan ryan, and about 10 min from san leon, home of railean distillers.

Don't you fucking dare ignore Bacliff and the greatness that is Gilhooley's.