Worst. Ever. Not Even Close

Wally Pryor

10 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

why do you think?

we are diminished, of course, but we are still texas. ever though we suck, the other big xii teams take a lot of joy in our downfall.

you think the visigoths gave a fuck about the cultural corruption of the romans? no, they were sick of their shit, and when they could beat them, they would.

Well the Romans elite were all drinking from lead pipes.... so.....

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I might fucking snap on someone if they continue to buy into the “we don’t have the talent to beat motherfucking Kansas” narrative. The coaches lost the team. On defense it probably had something to do with continually putting players in bad positions giving them little chance to succeed. This is far more of a coaching issue. 

We don't have the talent to execute that the coaches want.  We don't have the mental fortitude as a team to rally and win.   We don't have the coaches to identify skill and mental deficiencies in the players.   We don't have the coaching talent to beat Kansas.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I have nothing to add. Except the fact that if we were like some ancient cultures that valued honor, a number of coaches and players would no longer be with us, having already consumed a lethal amount of poison or gutted themselves with a short sword late last night.

This program is as broken as it’s ever been, and I see no path to recovery.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

you thought we were a 2 loss team didn't you?

I didn't have nor quote any win-loss expectation for this team. But if I predicted us to go 1-11 I know that one win would be against Kansas. 

Oh well. We can all agree it wasn't the best of nights. 

3 hours ago, quigley said:

This is a pretty bad loss. For all the love KU's coach is getting today, he had some really bonehead decisions. I'm not even talking about the 4th down decisions.

On UT last TD in regulation to tie the game at 49, the KU DBs were playing press man.

Game situation: KU 49, UT 42. 3rd and 1 at the KU 25, 26 sec left.

Why press man with their terrible corners?

Press man is a pretty standard call for 3rd/4th & short. But in that situation it made no sense. 

Also their 2 point conversion call was a disaster. Stupid to not roll the pocket there. UT had it stopped. Just great individual efforts by the QB & FB made it work.

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

no one will convince me anything's worse than the Miami Cotton Bowl, everyone thought we were good, had turned the corner, hell we were ranked #3 and they could have beaten us 100-3 if they wanted to.  They had like 15 penalties for 300 yards for being too mean to us, the NCAA came up with new rules for celebrating because the whole world felt so sorry for us. That was the most humiliating sporting event I've ever seen.

I knew we were going to be bad this year, not lose to fucking Kansas bad, but bad.

This. 

42 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

We all need to remember this shit show when the $9.95 reports come out next spring and summer about bigger, better, faster and WEEEEEE'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK proclamation start. Lucy gets Texas Charlie Brown every single year going on a decade +

This. I didn’t buy into the bullshit the 9.95ers wrote this year and I’m not at all surprised where the team is at this year. Thankfully, I’ve been too busy to watch many games this year and I’m honestly thankful for that. My activities have provided me an outlet to avoid disappointment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

So this is rock bottom, right?

we're in freefall and until we win a game we will remain in freefall

the loss before the win might be the bottom

but a dead cat bounce might be deceiving

so i would say we have to win 3 in a row or go .500 over 6 games to declare the bottom

we could therefore have bottomed out last night if we win out this year, but that's not happening

so we won't know where the bottom is until September of 2022 at the earliest

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

There is a way.

There is nothing worse than losing to a vaginal program like Kansas, at home no less. They define doormat in the sport. They have players catching the winning TD pass last night more qualified to serve as a line cook in our athletics dorm. They sniff road wins in the conference basically never. As in double digit years. They send out radio alerts to try and get people to come in off the road to home games when they're within a few touchdowns of the opponent. There is so much more.

Kansas is the epitome of a shit football program, the shittiest. You get beat by that clusterfuck and it trumps any loss you've experienced. 

We've done it twice in six seasons.

We're Texas!

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

no one will convince me anything's worse than the Miami Cotton Bowl, everyone thought we were good, had turned the corner, hell we were ranked #3 and they could have beaten us 100-3 if they wanted to.  They had like 15 penalties for 300 yards for being too mean to us, the NCAA came up with new rules for celebrating because the whole world felt so sorry for us. That was the most humiliating sporting event I've ever seen.

I knew we were going to be bad this year, not lose to fucking Kansas bad, but bad.

Maybe because I was at that game, but it was much worse, agreed. We fucking cared. I shrugged by shoulders last night.

The fans deserve better than whatever the fuck this is. Whatever IT Takes has morphed into What In The Fuck Does IT Take? This beautiful sunset last night deserved better. Been a long time since I watched a steady stream of fans leave the game before halftime. Tailgate or bust. It was the only way to watch this hot mess. 

2818DF79-DB0A-4751-B270-6EBDEC29F2C7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Maybe because I was at that game, but it was much worse, agreed. We fucking cared. I shrugged by shoulders last night.

and that's the thing, we beat Penn State at home, beat top 5 OU, top 5 Houston were ranked #3 and were supposed to be good, yea we shocked the nation alright.

Just now, hookem48 said:

and that's the thing, we beat Penn State at home, beat top 5 OU, top 5 Houston were ranked #3 and were supposed to be good, yea we shocked the nation alright.

It's the difference between getting raped by a Mexican prison gang vs cousin Rick from Wichita putting his dick on your shoulder, more or less.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The fans deserve better than whatever the fuck this is. Whatever IT Takes has morphed into What In The Fuck Does IT Take? This beautiful sunset last night deserved better. Been a long time since I watched a steady stream of fans leave the game before halftime. Tailgate or bust. It was the only way to watch this hot mess. 

2818DF79-DB0A-4751-B270-6EBDEC29F2C7.jpeg

Least they got it right later in the evening:

image.png.d0d8fd6769738686793405d9956863f7.png

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I lived through:

• 10-9
  • 46-3
  • Too many OU blowouts to count
  • 66-3
  • 66-15
  • 60-40
  • 55-17

And all the rest of them.  I survived.  This year was lost.  

TBH, I though we were going to win in overtime.  Would that mean we are any good?  Hell, no.  We suck.  But we tied it up.  

Yeah.  Anybody who thought this was the worst is too young or was too drunk to remember 66-3.  And I don't know, I was pretty drunk during that 1986 47-12 OU game and still remember it.  Wally had to be really, really drunk to think this was the worst.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Just great individual efforts by the QB & FB made it work.

Would that be the 3rd string KU QB, and the walk-on FB/TE, that had never played a down of FCS football before that play?  You’re right, there’s no shame in losing to individual efforts from those types of athletes. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

We don't have the talent to execute that the coaches want.  We don't have the mental fortitude as a team to rally and win.   We don't have the coaches to identify skill and mental deficiencies in the players.   We don't have the coaching talent to beat Kansas.  

Well against KU we had what it take to rally and win.  But didn't make a play in OT and spun the ball to make it easier for them.

1 minute ago, bullet said:

And we really felt like we were a little overrated at #3.  Just not 3-46 overrated.

I was talking about 66-3.

Yes if Schooler makes the pic or that non-tight end misses the game winner, everyone would be calling it a possible turn-around moment, a gut check and whatnot. Thems the breaks.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Press man is a pretty standard call for 3rd/4th & short. But in that situation it made no sense. 

Also their 2 point conversion call was a disaster. Stupid to not roll the pocket there. UT had it stopped. Just great individual efforts by the QB & FB made it work.

That's the point. Who cares if UT gets 8 yds with 26 secs left as long as the UT receiver stays in bounds?

49 minutes ago, bullet said:

Yeah.  Anybody who thought this was the worst is too young or was too drunk to remember 66-3.  And I don't know, I was pretty drunk during that 1986 47-12 OU game and still remember it.  Wally had to be really, really drunk to think this was the worst.

That was maybe the most depressing game to actually attend/watch for sure, but UCLA ended the season as a Top 5 team and won the Rose Bowl (over aggy).  So in retrospect the loss to me isn't anywhere near as bad as this one, losing to the somewhere around #122 team in the country - and really 2/3 of the game it wasn't close.

This one along with Can't Beat Rice, Just Add Water (1994), is about the worst.  No, right now this one is #1 in the worst of all time.  We'll see with some time passing.

i think everyone feels different today if this was only the 2nd or 3rd loss in a row.  the plane hit the mountain against okie lite.  this was a 1-point loss in overtime.  personally, the way we lost to 0u just 5 short weeks ago was worse than last night.  we were already in free fall before last night.  it was clear 10 minutes in last night that we should lose.  it was easy to turn off at halftime.

Well against KU we had what it take to rally and win.  But didn't make a play in OT and spun the ball to make it easier for them.

That was a bullshit penalty, along with the bullshit penalty against Coburn, and the clear lack of holding on the 2 point play. The refs were doing their usual fuckery. Or the ignored horsecollar.

Still shouldn’t have been in this situation. But the team is not good enough to deal with 2 sets of rules.

19 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:
Black Saturday were. In Texas football history, the most embarrassing shit in Texas history were complete disembowelments at the hands of OU. Raped, 4 games. Looking for next of kin in the 2Q.  248-65. Beyond shitfests.

This will put all that to shame. And it won't be close. 

Mack can die happily if this comes to fruition.

Just save this post because you might need it later.