Dumb Question Amnesty Thread

PilotsError

27 minutes ago, Call said:

Shithead may just pull the plug and be done out of spite. 

He is welcome to all my non-value added shit posts over the past 5 years. And my rep.

Dear lord, I just looked over there. The e-equivalent of lighting your house on fire before you go.

I had avatars turned off forever, so I have no idea what I had before. 

Also, in film, why are green screens green?  Couldn't they do it any color they wanted so long as it isn't a color the person is wearing?  I think I've seen them blue before, but why not do a color that no one would ever wear, like a really bright purple, or baby shit green?

12 hours ago, JSB said:

I had avatars turned off forever, so I have no idea what I had before. 

Also, in film, why are green screens green?  Couldn't they do it any color they wanted so long as it isn't a color the person is wearing?  I think I've seen them blue before, but why not do a color that no one would ever wear, like a really bright purple, or baby shit green?

I wanna say you were one of the Always Sunny Charlie avatars

12 hours ago, JSB said:

It's called chroma keying.  It can be blue.  Chroma keying can be done with backgrounds of any color that are uniform and distinct, but green and blue backgrounds are more commonly used because they differ most distinctly in hue from most human skin colors. But no part of the subject being filmed or photographed may duplicate the color used as the backing.

A true dumb question, I assume...

But what happens to the data when I update an app? Say I have an app that is like 500 mb. Then there's an update I need that's 10 mb. How come the app then doesn't before 510 mb?

I'm assuming the update changes some data and etc., But does the app end up growing too a much larger size over years?

Also, does the app Purge data after it's updated?

A true dumb question, I assume...

But what happens to the data when I update an app? Say I have an app that is like 500 mb. Then there's an update I need that's 10 mb. How come the app then doesn't before 510 mb?

I'm assuming the update changes some data and etc., But does the app end up growing too a much larger size over years?

Also, does the app Purge data after it's updated?
Code is replaced instead of added onto.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 7:40 PM, markstanco said:

Why is everybody posting that Facebook disclaimer on shaggy like it has some type of legal bite to it? 

Because the first hundred times it was funny, the next hundred times it was a bit, and after that it just served to gunk up the Eskimo King's new toy with irrelevant garbage.

Snacks was at an office building for a meeting one day.  The receptionist or security guard or somebody initially thought he didn't belong there.  During the meeting somebody came in and told the boss there was a suspicious man wandering around the building.  A black man in gray slacks.  Snacks was wearing gray slacks and was the suspicious man.  Something like that anyway.  

On 4/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, shakahorn said:

Do refs and/or umps study film?  I mean at the pro or college level, major sports.  Seems like it would help them do their job better if they knew tendencies, stuff to watch for, whatever.

Yes. They watch their own games, and any other the head office deems necessary.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:12 AM, Chuychanga said:

Why do BMX bike riders tilt the seat up so high?  

So they can more easily pinch the seat between their thighs. Seat is not really used for sitting.

• Like 1