Dumb Question Amnesty Thread

PilotsError

On 11/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

What am I missing? Is ol' Jimbo an actual, honest to god cuck? At the office so not going to google right now.

Seriously? There's someone in America who doesn't know the story?

Here's the story presented in its purest form. Bottom line is, there was a line for her bottom. Tennis stars and players from rival football teams, sign on the line.

How do men who wear multiple rings/necklaces/bracelets decide when they're all set and leave the house?  Adults who wear 3+ rings, or 2+ bracelets, or 2+ necklaces.  Like how do you know when you're done and ready to go into public?  Do you ever put on a fifth or sixth bracelet and think, "Nah, that's one too many" and take it off?  

• 4 weeks later...

on a business trip, I ended up in the hotel bar (duh).  Struck up a conversation with a nice couple...I was in my 30's and they were probably mid 40's.   After an hour or so, wife goes to ladies room, and husband says that I can fuck the wife; she's down for it.  She's headed to the room, here's his key, go up and fuck her, he'll wait at the bar and buy me a drink when I finished.

I was married at the time, so I passed, and I probably was creeped out enough to pass anyway. 

I've watched multiple documentaries on the 9/11 attacks. All of them seem to mention passengers on the hijacked airplanes calling their relatives from the plane to let them know what was going on. 

How in the hell were people making phone calls from commercial airplanes in 2001? I can barely even get the wifi to work on Delta flights in 2019. 

20 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

I've watched multiple documentaries on the 9/11 attacks. All of them seem to mention passengers on the hijacked airplanes calling their relatives from the plane to let them know what was going on. 

How in the hell were people making phone calls from commercial airplanes in 2001? I can barely even get the wifi to work on Delta flights in 2019. 

The planes crashed because everyone was fucking around on their cell phones. The stewardess was right. 

In caddyshack, the Italian caddie is out with the older couple and she swings and hits it into the water.  Does the old man say:

”that’s a peach, hun.”

or

”that’s the beach, hun.”??!!!?????

23 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Cell phones usually work down low.  I forget to put mine in airplane mode all the time an I often receive texts at lower altitudes.  There also used to be those Airfones in the seatbacks back in the day.  Those things were around until the mid-2000s.  

On 12/9/2019 at 10:22 AM, StruggleBus said:

They were calling from these.spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, Vic Mackey said:

I keep seeing jokes about everyone fucking South Austin's mom lately. Where does that stem from?

Serious answer.

South Austin’s shtick used to be him saying that he fucked your mom.  Then on the recruiting thread (2 years ago iirc) someone turned it around on him and said that recruits were fucking his mom while they were on their visits and then it took on a life of its own.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Got a hemorrhoid. I’ve pushed it up into my butthole 3 times and it’s popped back out. Just smaller than a cashew in size. Maybe the size of a peanut. What happens if I lance this son of a bitch?

Put it back in the bag?

large_e4bd6f7b-6f37-48fe-a78a-32fd75609d

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Got a hemorrhoid. I’ve pushed it up into my butthole 3 times and it’s popped back out. Just smaller than a cashew in size. Maybe the size of a peanut. What happens if I Lance this son of a bitch?

You have a fabulous time?

08_07_06_no_upc_750x1000.jpg?w=750

Edited by Hate

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:58 AM, Jhawk said:

Got a hemorrhoid. I’ve pushed it up into my butthole 3 times and it’s popped back out. Just smaller than a cashew in size. Maybe the size of a peanut. What happens if I lance this son of a bitch?

Give it some time, it'll grow on ya.

A couple vehicle questions:

1. I have seen a lot of street bikes that have the rear axle extended, does this do anything for handling or is it just supposed to look cool?

2. When someone adjusts the camber angle of their tires on their car does this help in handling and does it just wear one side of the tire quicker?

3. On off roading vehicles with a winch on the front, is the strap on the hook just to help hold the hook or is there another use for it?

8 minutes ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

1. I have seen a lot of street bikes that have the rear axle extended, does this do anything for handling or is it just supposed to look cool?

2. When someone adjusts the camber angle of their tires on their car does this help in handling and does it just wear one side of the tire quicker?

3. On off roading vehicles with a winch on the front, is the strap on the hook just to help hold the hook or is there another use for it?

1. Drag racing bikes. Longer wheelbase is more stable at speed and less likely to do a wheelie under heavy acceleration. They're prioritizing straight line speed over nimble maneuverability. 

2. Yes, but the cars that are stanced like that are rarely driven in a manner that confers an actual benefit. And yes, it's a great way to eat tires and look silly doing it. 

3. Beats me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

That strap on the winch (or at least the ones I’m thinking of) is so that you don’t damage trees when your using them to pull the truck/jeep out of mud or up an incline.  If you don’t have the strap the cable digs into the tree and if it’s a popular trail or path then eventually the tree will weaken and break which would obviously kill the tree and possibly even seriously injure or kill someone.

Well I was told by a prominent member of the Austin city Council that if more people or to bike to work and bike their children to school, that would take a lot more cars off the road.

I was lucky to live close enough to our elementary school to walk my kids to school almost every day. Great way to meet neighbors, check in with the teacher and get a morning walk. Almost everyone in our neighborhood did this.

Then we all walked home, got in our cars, and drove to work, one person per car.

1 hour ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Why does a torque wrench (ratchet) have a reverse?

there are such a thing as "left-handed threads".  For instance, almost all big trucks have LH threads on the wheel lugs (on the driver's side).  Also, many lawnmower blades are held on with a LH thread bolt.  

They are used when the torque of the normal operation would tend to loosen a RH threaded fastener. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1