Dumb Question Amnesty Thread

PilotsError

So traffic lights that blink red because a storm knocks out the power to them at some point. Do they have to be manually reset to go back to their normal traffic color patterns, like a blinking clock that you have to manually reset the time on after a power outage? 

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Do you think patchouli in and of itself does?  Or do you just make that association because you've been around one too many hippies that used it instead of a shower.

I smelled patchouli on a non-hippy recently and was surprised by how pleasant it was.  Didn't even recognize the odor because it didn't have the underlying "haven't showered in a week while following a jam band in the middle of summer" stench connected.

I banged so hippy chicks in college the smell of patchoulli still gets my dick hard.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Do you ever try and guess how dark the color of your poop is by the smell before you wipe your ass and look at the toilet paper?

You ever guess what the guy in the next stall had to eat judging from the smell of his shit?

• 2 weeks later...

why does my dog get intensely interested every time i take a dump?  he could be asleep in the other room and dead to the world, but as soon as the door closes and the fan turns on he's there sniffing at the door and trying to open it. 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, elfenix said:

why does my dog get intensely interested every time i take a dump?  he could be asleep in the other room and dead to the world, but as soon as the door closes and the fan turns on he's there sniffing at the door and trying to open it. 

RIGHT?! Like holy shit (no pun intended)

Is there a way to locate an Android phone that's been turned off before it was misplaced?
Depends. Did you have any type of app on there where you can control it from another phone or computer? You could then turn the phone on remotely and turn the location on if it already isn't. That's about the only way I know of if it's turned off.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
22 minutes ago, El Diablo said:
Is there a way to locate an Android phone that's been turned off before it was misplaced?

Depends. Did you have any type of app on there where you can control it from another phone or computer? You could then turn the phone on remotely and turn the location on if it already isn't. That's about the only way I know of if it's turned off.

No, it is pretty bare bones with minimal apps and nothing like that that I'm aware of. Do you know if the service provider can turn it on if requested to?

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Why isn’t there wireless delivery of electricity for electronics and appliances?  We can go to Mars but we can’t figure out how to have a lamp or a tv or a cable box that you don’t need to plug into the wall? 

I mean there is inductive charging https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_charging

But you still have to have contact with the device. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was watching a preseason press conference with Tom Herman and he had the “graduate pin” on.  I was trying to explain to a buddy what it was means, but for the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called or the origins. (I got one when I graduated and wear it when I interview grad students or attend college networking events). Can Surly help me out with the name/details on the pin?  

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

Is that just some weak ass humblebrag that you were a student athlete?

Identifying pins and such for adults sounds pretty aggy/maga.

No retard; every graduate gets the pin.  Tom just happens to be a Texas graduate and now our coach.  (Every time he does an interview with mics, like b12 media days, he’s wearing his and I’ve noticed). 

Take your aggy/maga talk back to CR.

41 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I've always assumed it was some merit badge you get after having a certain number of 3-ways with your wife and a stripper.   

Could be a wink to recruits...  my suspension is like me he’s proud of being a Texas grad.

i know it is/was a thing because i wS given one and so was Tom.