11.15.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

There are 2 FCS programs in Texas that have better QBs than any of those on our roster. I’ve watched Cameron Ward at UIW and Eric Schmid at SHSU play all season and their decision making and ability to read defenses and execution of their throws are leagues better than Thompson/Card. 

Yea and isn’t sark the “qb whisperer”? I expect our coaches to help guys improve through your the season

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

You for sure could have coached the last five games and the Arkansas game to the same outcomes. Most of us could well have coached us past Kansas. 

I remember back in school when my buddies and our team started Intramural Football. We all played offense but a tiny bit of DB/SS in HS m. We went up against the Deek House and got walloped. Back in 1997 the deek house was similar to Animal House. They literally were stoned as shit and trying to sell us mushrooms and xtc while they were running up the score.

we were pissed, so we copied 12-15 plays from the Dime package off of NCAA or madden and went on to win the championship and get a stinky, shitty shirt after blowing out everyone we played. 

take notes PK

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I know we've beaten this horse on numerous occasions... BUT... how in the holy fuck did we get here. I mean really.. We can't be that incompetent in regards to fielding a competitive football team... a team that provides the majority of if not all the funding for all other sports at Texas... notably those shitty sports our school is hell bent on being #1 in - I'm looking at you women's rowing. Wtf. 

That would be a good question for Christine Plonsky and Christopher del Conte. We have been robbing football to pay for everything else for quite some time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

That would be a good question for Christine Plonsky and Christopher del Conte. We have been robbing football to pay for everything else for quite some time. 

To be fair they actually win stuff with their money.  Football spends like a gagillion dollars and can't beat Kansas.  I say we put the Women's rowing team in charge of football.

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I remember back in school when my buddies and our team started Intramural Football. We all played offense but a tiny bit of DB/SS in HS m. We went up against the Deek House and got walloped. Back in 1997 the deek house was similar to Animal House. They literally were stoned as shit and trying to sell us mushrooms and xtc while they were running up the score.

we were pissed, so we copied 12-15 plays from the Dime package off of NCAA or madden and went on to win the championship and get a stinky, shitty shirt after blowing out everyone we played. 

My roommate conned me into playing on his co-ed Pharmacy school team. The guys on the team were OK. The girls were terrible. I ended up stealing his Intramural Champs t-shirt from a different year. Asshole.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again but expecting different results. I think our fan base knows the results won’t be different over the next couple years. We went from insane, to apathy, to nihilism 

You should feel bad and be negged for using cliched phrases straight from a pre-AP English essay. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He should be fired for this comment.

In fairness they have to waste a lot of time trying to teach the players how to tackle... obviously need more time so doesn't leave much time for installing another new scheme.

BUT...Since it appears NO time has actually been used on tackling (practice or game) I would think the scheme would be further along....

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Harsh crowd today. Give the guy a chance to right the ship. 

just kidding. WVU -2 is free money. Can’t wait for the delayed coaching search in 2 years. 

I love the reactions. Its the only reason I check this thread. I love to see the same people disappointed and angry that the Head Coach of Texas isnt going to go up there and tell the truth. It is a gift that keeps giving every week of the season every season. 

15 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I know we've beaten this horse on numerous occasions... BUT... how in the holy fuck did we get here. I mean really.. We can't be that incompetent in regards to fielding a competitive football team... a team that provides the majority of if not all the funding for all other sports at Texas... notably those shitty sports our school is hell bent on being #1 in - I'm looking at you women's rowing. Wtf. 

We completely botched the end of the Mack Brown era. He helped tremendously in the botching. Charlie Strong's failure created a negative feedback loop and a losing culture that we haven't been able to shake. Kids who Texas recruits barely remember the 2009 Texas team. We've been a struggling program for most of their lives. The only thing that will change that is winning, and that will take a special coach who can get players to buy in to his message. Finding that coach is extremely difficult not only because of the limited number of quality coaches, but also because it requires a whole lot of luck.

Sark might be the guy. It doesn't look good so far, but he's going to get a chance to right the ship. If he can't, we start all over again two or three years from now, one if he has a losing season next year.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We completely botched the end of the Mack Brown era. He helped tremendously in the botching. Charlie Strong's failure created a negative feedback loop and a losing culture that we haven't been able to shake. Kids who Texas recruits barely remember the 2009 Texas team. We've been a struggling program for most of their lives. The only thing that will change that is winning, and that will take a special coach who can get players to buy in to his message. Finding that coach is extremely difficult not only because of the limited number of quality coaches, but also because it requires a whole lot of luck.

Sark might be the guy. It doesn't look good so far, but he's going to get a chance to right the ship. If he can't, we start all over again two or three years from now, one if he has a losing season next year.

Yep.

And FUUUUUCK Mack Brown.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

PK is not our standard. 

unfortunately he is our standard. I see people saying Ash was a miracle worker for finishing 7th in the Big 12 last year. People believe that was a good defense. Last 3 years Texas is 8th, 7th, and 8th in defense. Texas has finished 7th or lower in total defense in the Big 12 5 of the last 7 years. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

unfortunately he is our standard. I see people saying Ash was a miracle worker for finishing 7th in the Big 12 last year. People believe that was a good defense. Last 3 years Texas is 8th, 7th, and 8th in defense. Texas has finished 7th or lower in total defense in the Big 12 5 of the last 7 years. 

I think the perception is relative to this year.

3 minutes ago, OB3 said:

wow, that is a bombshell. I dont know how Sark can play him. He basically said he is out. Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but he said "other people get to fall into the footsteps of what the coaches want"

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1997 and 1988 we were 4-7.

We are staring down the barrel of 4-8.

Which those three seasons are trumped by 1-9 season in 1956.

Looking down the barrel of a gun
Son of a gun, son of a bitch
(sark's )Getting paid, getting rich

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I read it that way too but I may be naive and hoping that he has bought in. Definitely doesn’t sound like a leader holding pussies accountable for not buying in, though.

It's basically a throwaway comment at this point.  Clearly players haven't bought in, and clearly leaders aren't holding them accountable, because clearly this team has no leaders.