11.15.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

someone told Steve he needed to be a head coach to be considered a success.  this guy doesn't want to be a head coach.   This is like Marcus Dupree coming back to play in the NFL for the Rams for one season just to say he did it. FML. what a complete disaster of a hire.

Yeah but Dupree was the ‘greatest that never was’.  Sark is the ‘worst who never should have been (again)’.  People make fun of Lane but Sark getting a third shot is far worse.  

41 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We completely botched the end of the Mack Brown era. He helped tremendously in the botching. Charlie Strong's failure created a negative feedback loop and a losing culture that we haven't been able to shake. Kids who Texas recruits barely remember the 2009 Texas team. We've been a struggling program for most of their lives. The only thing that will change that is winning, and that will take a special coach who can get players to buy in to his message. Finding that coach is extremely difficult not only because of the limited number of quality coaches, but also because it requires a whole lot of luck.

Sark might be the guy. It doesn't look good so far, but he's going to get a chance to right the ship. If he can't, we start all over again two or three years from now, one if he has a losing season next year.

Yet, baylor has done it multiple times recently, UTSA has done it, looks like Kansas might have done it as well.  

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's basically a throwaway comment at this point.  Clearly players haven't bought in, and clearly leaders aren't holding them accountable, because clearly this team has no leaders.

There are no quality leaders that are upperclassmen besides RoJo 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Yet, baylor has done it multiple times recently, UTSA has done it, looks like Kansas might have done it as well.  

Don’t forget the 4 failures that came before lance leipold. Our bottom is 0 wins. UT might be at the bottom but at least it’s 4 wins and likely only 4 wins over 1 season. We’ve had less than 4 cumulative wins over 3 seasons. We have paid our dues for during the fat man. UT will be lucky to get the next hire right (probably should have kept Herman knowing what the grass looks like on this side of the fence). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That's because when you are the richest program in the country the guys that provide the riches want to call the shots.  We can either have the money or a well run program.

Not saying I necessarily disagree, but shouldn't the fact that we are the richest program in the country imply that we have more guys who are richer, and so we need less from them to be rich?

My (distant) second team is Auburn, and I imagine they have to invite Jimmy Rane over multiple times a year, cradle the balls, and stroke the shaft just to get some of those beaucoup YellaWood bucks.

But that isn't us.

9 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

See that guy? Go knock his ass out of the way.

See that guy with the ball? Tackle his ass hard.

Very tough to grasp that in 3 years, I know. Very tough.

when you say tackle, should I move my body away and outstretch my arms in case he jukes?  Kind of like how a scared kid tries to catch a baseball.  Oh, and should I close my eyes before we collide so my eyes don't pop out?   /Texas Defense

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

He said they are still in the phase of trying to get things taught.  I mean that teaching could take 5, even 6, seasons.

Yeah it takes two or three years just to talk about it never mind teach it. Give the man time.

FWIW I played a little DE and LBin high school. Coach told me to knock that guy's ass out of the way and go get the guy with the ball and tackle his ass hard. For some reason, I don't know, that's what I tried to do. But I guess college football is much more complex and takes years to learn to make a tackle. At least a sophisticated brand of three-level chess the Texas plays.

28 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Don’t forget the 4 failures that came before lance leipold. Our bottom is 0 wins. UT might be at the bottom but at least it’s 4 wins and likely only 4 wins over 1 season. We’ve had less than 4 cumulative wins over 3 seasons. We have paid our dues for during the fat man. UT will be lucky to get the next hire right (probably should have kept Herman knowing what the grass looks like on this side of the fence). 

We really screwed up in how we handled the firing of Mack Brown.

43 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Sorry. Let me clean it up a bit for him.

Albert Einstein once said that Webster’s dictionary defines insanity as doing the same thing over again but expecting different results.  I think our fan base knows the results won’t be different over the next couple years. We went from insane, to apathy, to nihilism, similar to what Anne Frank wrote about in her diary.

I should have added a misattributed MLK quote. I’m really off my game 

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I don't disagree, but it was completely mismanaged and that mismanagement has led this program to where it is today.

How, specifically, was it mismanaged?

He absolutely should have been fired.  

So, when he was asked to resign and help preserve the program, and he instead chose to not only pitch a fit, but also torpedo Texas' plans for replacing him, what should have been done about that?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

We completely botched the end of the Mack Brown era. He helped tremendously in the botching. Charlie Strong's failure created a negative feedback loop and a losing culture that we haven't been able to shake. Kids who Texas recruits barely remember the 2009 Texas team. We've been a struggling program for most of their lives. The only thing that will change that is winning, and that will take a special coach who can get players to buy in to his message. Finding that coach is extremely difficult not only because of the limited number of quality coaches, but also because it requires a whole lot of luck.

Sark might be the guy. It doesn't look good so far, but he's going to get a chance to right the ship. If he can't, we start all over again two or three years from now, one if he has a losing season next year.

Strong was a terrible coach, but he was also given a dumpster fire of a roster which he at least improved in view of Herman's limited success with Strong's players.  A better coach could have built from that foundation and returned us to something more akin the 2000s program.  Although Herman recruited higher rated classes, he seems to have retarded the quality of the roster back to how it was when Strong arrived.

Sark has shown flashes on offense in spite of clear talent deficiencies.  I can buy him turning that unit around with enough time.  The defense though is an absolute disaster and i'm skeptical it can be fixed before Sark is fired.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah but Dupree was the ‘greatest that never was’.  Sark is the ‘worst who never should have been (again)’.  People make fun of Lane but Sark getting a third shot is far worse.  

yeah, my point was more of this is his first shot(second chance)after he beat alcohol. 

17 minutes ago, utee94 said:

So, when he was asked to resign and help preserve the program, and he instead chose to not only pitch a fit, but also torpedo Texas' plans for replacing him, what should have been done about that?

BriefParchedDodobird-max-1mb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Looking down the barrel of a gun
Son of a gun, son of a bitch
(sark's )Getting paid, getting rich

🤘🏻Beastie Boys

At least we now have our Tim Tebow quote to etch on the stadium for all eternity - because “winning is hard” just doesn’t stamp a big enough L on your forehead:

(Edited for the Twitterverse)

“I would rather lose….than win”

(Former) Head Corch Sark 2021

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

He said they are still in the phase of trying to get things taught.  I mean that teaching could take 5, even 6, seasons.

we are in the "teaching phase" is coach speak for "throwing players under the bus" hoping someone will believe that we are still in the teaching phase because the players suck.  just get new players everything will be hunky dory.

they are lost and PK is a boat anchor around Sark's neck while he himself is wearing cement shoes.

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

wow, that is a bombshell. I dont know how Sark can play him. He basically said he is out. Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but he said "other people get to fall into the footsteps of what the coaches want"

There's no way to know for sure without better context, but I didn't read it that way at all. My first reaction was that he was talking about the players who haven't bought in, but not saying he was one of those players.

48 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The only mismanagement in that firing was waiting so fucking long to jettison his entitled, complacent ass, & letting the program slip so badly in the process.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

You’ve got a bunch of elite athletes that come to campus and are told they’re victims. The professors tell them, fellow students tell them. They’re told a song hurt them. Their told everyone else needs to change but never told they need to change or improve. A victim culture makes for a poor winning culyure

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

I feel for you. We are so terrible that you can't even brag about beating this shitshow.

3 minutes ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

You’ve got a bunch of elite athletes that come to campus and are told they’re victims. The professors tell them, fellow students tell them. They’re told a song hurt them. Their told everyone else needs to change but never told they need to change or improve. A victim culture makes for a poor winning culyure

Vicki Shutup GIF - Vicki Shutup Rhoc - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

He should have been fired right there.  The fact that it wasn't a straight up "resign now and help preserve the program and your legacy or you're fired right now and over there is Tony who is gonna help you box up your shit" is the screw up.

But what about that important recruiting trip to Florida?

Torpedo'd is right. Of course we went ahead and paid Brown $500K / year, for doing nothing, until he took the NC job.

Edited by Wally Pryor

9 minutes ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

You just sent a Batman signal to the cloak room regulars. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LIB, MR BEARS said:

Shut the fuck up. This isn’t happening. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Sit his ass on the bench.  There's got to be a warm, or at least tepid, body they can put out there.  Doesn't make much difference at this point.

It's bizarre.  What do they say during film review?  "Foster you show no interest or desire. Foster you aren't aggressive in attacking the ball.  Foster please cover.... fuck it , let's give him another chance"