Arc Angels!

Zwylde

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

where are you getting info?  I've got tix for this.  gonna be a great show.

their facebook

arc angels is at ACL Live Moody Theater.

We are thankful to be a part of the C4AC Charity Event here in Austin on January 24 helping to raise funds for three exceptional charities. We want to make this an unforgettable night of music and so we have invited some very special guests to join us. As we all know Covid has not made this an easy task. We are excited to announce that Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes will be joining the arc angels as one of our musical guests. More announcements to come! There are still a limited number of VIP tables available C4AC Supporters ACL Live
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:49 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Marlon?

On 11/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, ztejas said:

Yep.

LOL, my daughter plays drums and had a gig at Hole In The Wall tonight.  Her guitar player borrowed my amp.  I was loading it out afterwards and a kid came up and started asking me about the amp, he said I'm the only other person he's ever seen with the same model as his.   He asked my name, I asked his . . . "Marlon".  

"Uh, you're Charlie's kid, right?"  

"Yeah."  

Looks just like Charlie.  As we were walking to our car, my wife said "man, that kid you were talking to sure is good-looking".  Fuck me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Ampless guitar player can’t load his own shit?

*her, and I was taking my amp home.  She was the band's drummer, and they bumped her to guitar to bring my daughter on board.  I assume she'll get an amp soon, 'cause she ain't using mine every gig.

Also, what amp?

My VOX "Tony Bruno".  Pretty high end, all-tube attempt by VOX to voice an amp more like a Fender combo.  I love it.

Any vids of the gig?

Oh hell no.

On 1/21/2022 at 8:52 AM, Zwylde said:

Anyone go in San Antonio last night?  Going to the Houston show tonight. 

There were some great photos of that show on their facebook page. Unfortunately, I'm not going to make any of these shows.

They sounded really good.  Played almost a full two hours.  I can’t help but feel like they would be even better in a large club type stage versus an arena level stage since they don’t move around much but I’m glad I got to see them since I never had a chance during their original run.  

LOL, my daughter plays drums and had a gig at Hole In The Wall tonight. 

Man, I can’t wait til this could be something I write. My 7 year old is writing songs, making videos, learning piano, obsessing about Taylor Swift and showing real talent. But she damn sure knows good music. I get a lot of requests in the car for Sweet Nadine. (And also Slit Skirts by Pete Townsend).

Applause on the internet for your daughter and her band. What kinda kit is she playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Applause on the internet for your daughter and her band. What kinda kit is she playing?

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I think it was a show organized by some magazine.  Her group is totally a baby band, more interested in being rock stars than great musicians, but my girl is on her way, she has the classical background and can definitely play.  I mean, they're 18-19 years old, they should be having fun, as they are, not trying to land a record deal.

Last night she played a loaner ddrum kit, but at home she plays a set I built for her from raw Keller maple shells.  It's small, almost jazz size, but sounds amazing.

Stevie Van Zandt --who produced their album-- talks about the experience in his recently released autobiography, Unrequited Infatuation (a pretty fun read). He has great things to say about how talented the band was--especially Charlie--and how great the album could have been, but he absolutely drags Doyle (who was deep into his demons at the time). Stevie doesn't suffer fools, and it's pretty clear that he wouldn't walk across the street to spit on Doyle, or at least the person Doyle was at that time in his life.

I mean, look at those glasses and that ponytail. I mean I know it was the 90s but…

• 2 months later...