Netflix's "Roaring Twenties Austin" (Reality Show: 8 20-somethings move to Austin) (Dec. 10)

atomheartbevo

40 minutes ago, sidis said:

when i look at these things from a solipsistic perspective, i feel like these things are being introduced into the cultural zeitgeist for the sole purpose of emphatically reinforcing my aging status.

One day you will all of the sudden become old.  Your hip or your back will go out and you will not be able to easily escape the people around you.

53F2X6.gif

man, I'd still love to find those old episodes.  There was a dump of the first two online for free a couple years ago (maybe at start of pandemic).  But that was that.  I'd really like to rewatch it, granted it was only one season.  But in hindsight...it was way more spot-on about Austin than any reality show even though it was obviously scripted.  Plus, they did a great job of showing, even through b-roll, how Austin looked/felt around the turn of the century.  
This new thing is just gonna devolve into the same old shit.  but hey, at least we'll have a high-production value benchmark on which to look back to see what Austin looked like in 2020/Covid/2021 when we're twenty years older.  

It was sort of a low-rent Portlandia for late-90's Austin. 

That would be cool as fuck, and I would watch that.

It’s on YouTube. I have posted links before. I am to tired to do it again. But they are there. Watched it twice in the last few years.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:24 AM, Lobo said:

man, I'd still love to find those old episodes.  There was a dump of the first two online for free a couple years ago (maybe at start of pandemic).  But that was that.  I'd really like to rewatch it, granted it was only one season.  But in hindsight...it was way more spot-on about Austin than any reality show even though it was obviously scripted.  Plus, they did a great job of showing, even through b-roll, how Austin looked/felt around the turn of the century.  

This new thing is just gonna devolve into the same old shit.  but hey, at least we'll have a high-production value benchmark on which to look back to see what Austin looked like in 2020/Covid/2021 when we're twenty years older.  

On 11/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s on YouTube. I have posted links before. I am to tired to do it again. But they are there. Watched it twice in the last few years.

https://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=real%2Bworld%2Baustin

Looks like two torrents but IDK if they work or are good

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 3:55 AM, South Austin said:

The next reality show should be about five long-time Austin residents who moved the fuck out. Think of all the other cool places the show could preview.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:08 AM, Lobo said:

That would be more intriguing to me, to hear the stories of people who voluntarily left Austin.  In the last decade, I can count the friends and coworkers who've moved away from Austin on one hand.  Each story was actually quite compelling.  

Let's just be honest about where this conversation is going.  How long until there's a "Real Housewives of Austin" TV franchise?  I'm guessing before 2025.  

I'd let ya'll film me out here in Bend.   But I'm not in the age bracket they seek with these things.  Also, a good chunk of Bend residents have the 'don't move here' attitude that a good chunk of Austin folks have.   So my neighbors might turn violent on me.  I don't think my story is all that compelling, though. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Haha 1