Feds Investigating Soutlake ISD

Harrison Bergeron

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

One upsmanship perfectly describes most of DFW.

North Dallas beautiful people. Lived in Denton, fuck Dallas. 

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Lake Dallas was a precursor to Lewisville Lake. It was originally impounded to provide water to the city of Dallas.

And now you know….

Southlake is directly south of Lake Grapevine.

My family knew them since they lived in Lake Dallas. Grandparents still do.

15 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

I don't live in DFW, have never lived in DFW, and will (likely) never live in DFW.  Is this overblown or sound about right for that community?  In other words, is this driven by a handful of racist idiots or should that area be avoided like the plague? 

Good question.  I have a friend that lives there and I asked him if the area was particularly racist and he said “not like kkk racist.   Got time to have lunch at p terrys tomorrow?”

• Hook 'Em 2

The northern burbs of Dallas are pretty interesting.  In the not too distant past, like 40 years, there was really almost nothing there.  Really not much but small, rural, "farm" communities.  And then Blam!

I mean, Houston at least had Conroe and a few other more substantial towns sort of anchoring the northern burbs and I think those were more substantial towns than McKinney, Frisco, and Grapevine, even though they have their own hickoid problems.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

The northern burbs of Dallas are pretty interesting.  In the not too distant past, like 40 years, there was really almost nothing there.  Really not much but small, rural, "farm" communities.  And then Blam!

I mean, Houston at least had Conroe and a few other more substantial towns sort of anchoring the northern burbs and I think those were more substantial towns than McKinney, Frisco, and Grapevine, even though they have their own hickoid problems.

I remember living in The Colony before the toll road was put in. My god has it changed since the early 00s.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

School integration did kick off a pretty severe degree of white flight. A couple generations later, and presto-changeo, you've got farmland converted into mini metros full of people who want to teach their kids that the Holocaust didn't happen and racism isn't real.

I'm by no means saying that those people are representative of the overall population, but there are certainly enough of them that feel empowered enough to draw the feds attention. 

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

School integration did kick off a pretty severe degree of white flight. A couple generations later, and presto-changeo, you've got farmland converted into mini metros full of people who want to teach their kids that the Holocaust didn't happen and racism isn't real.

I'm by no means saying that those people are representative of the overall population, but there are certainly enough of them that feel empowered enough to draw the feds attention. 

Keep apologizing for your existence. One day maybe they will too…

sure the paint with a broad fucking brush.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

But the white flight wasn't to get away from African Americans, it was to get away from Asians right?  1 reason is they tend to be super competitive in school and the other I've heard is "it don't feel like Merica anymore."  I was watching a Coppell basketball game on the tele and a few of the players were Asian.  Pretty neat imo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

But the white flight wasn't to get away from African Americans, it was to get away from Asians right?  1 reason is they tend to be super competitive in school and the other I've heard is "it don't feel like Merica anymore."  I was watching a Coppell basketball game on the tele and a few of the players were Asian.  Pretty neat imo.

Have to spin the wheel to see if Asians are "white supremacists" or "oppressed" ... depends on the day. 

The interesting this is there really are not all that many AAs in Southlake (not that any number makes some of the bullshit going on acceptable) but yes I believe a lot racial tension there is more focused on how the massive influx of Asians and "Sub-Continent" Asians is playing out.  From the academic perspective those kids come in and routinely kick whitey's ass.  From the athletic perspective that much of the identify of Southlake and Carroll ISD is built around it's not that there can't be talent there it's just not what those families place value on and so the whole "you're a Dragon football player starting in the 4th grade and we are going to spend the next 5-6 years grooming you to kick ass once you get to SLC" just isn't happening.  So the area is is danger of losing the one thing it is beholden to while at the same time individual kids are getting their asses kicked in the classroom (making acceptance to places like ahem...UT that much harder)

I got a good friend who is one of the trainers at Keller HS and very well connected in that whole business (been president of Southwest Athletic Trainers Organization which is the major body for those folks HS/College wise etc). He told me about 2 years back that the Carroll ISD athletic director was having a discussion with the Keller ISD AD that they had maybe 5-7 years left and that demographics in the younger age groups and family buy in wasn't going to continue to support the success they have previously enjoyed.  I have another buddy who lives in Grapevine but is zoned into Carroll ISD (he jokes he is definitely from the wrong side of the tracks). He has a 6th grade and 4th grade daughter.  He told me this school year his 6th grade daughter was one of only 6 white kids in her class.  He doesn't personally give a shit but has said he hears a lot of snide side remarks from other parents and there have been several let's call them "cultural misunderstandings" that have played out in their elementary/intermediate schools over the last few years.  

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The interesting this is there really are not all that many AAs in Southlake (not that any number makes some of the bullshit going on acceptable) but yes I believe a lot racial tension there is more focused on how the massive influx of Asians and "Sub-Continent" Asians is playing out.  From the academic perspective those kids come in and routinely kick whitey's ass.  From the athletic perspective that much of the identify of Southlake and Carroll ISD is built around it's not that there can't be talent there it's just not what those families place value on and so the whole "you're a Dragon football player starting in the 4th grade and we are going to spend the next 5-6 years grooming you to kick ass once you get to SLC" just isn't happening.  So the area is is danger of losing the one thing it is beholden to while at the same time individual kids are getting their asses kicked in the classroom (making acceptance to places like ahem...UT that much harder)

I got a good friend who is one of the trainers at Keller HS and very well connected in that whole business (been president of Southwest Athletic Trainers Organization which is the major body for those folks HS/College wise etc). He told me about 2 years back that the Carroll ISD athletic director was having a discussion with the Keller ISD AD that they had maybe 5-7 years left and that demographics in the younger age groups and family buy in wasn't going to continue to support the success they have previously enjoyed.  I have another buddy who lives in Grapevine but is zoned into Carroll ISD (he jokes he is definitely from the wrong side of the tracks). He has a 6th grade and 4th grade daughter.  He told me this school year his 6th grade daughter was one of only 6 white kids in her class.  He doesn't personally give a shit but has said he hears a lot of snide side remarks from other parents and there have been several let's call them "cultural misunderstandings" that have played out in their elementary/intermediate schools over the last few years.  

This is interesting.  I've certainly heard of whites leaving burbs like Coppell for the reasons I mentioned up top:

No longer feels like America

WE'll win the band contest but not the football game

Too academically competitive.

Sounds like the Asian kids are harassing the white kids or am I misreading the "cultural misunderstandings?"  I live in a city of 300k that is over 60% Asian.  Everyone seems to get a long and the Asians here seem.....well,.......white.

Regarding sports, I wonder if Asians hold their kids back 1 year to compete?😁

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

This is interesting.  I've certainly heard of whites leaving burbs like Coppell for the reasons I mentioned up top:

No longer feels like America

WE'll win the band contest but not the football game

Too academically competitive.

Sounds like the Asian kids are harassing the white kids or am I misreading the "cultural misunderstandings?"  I live in a city of 300k that is over 60% Asian.  Everyone seems to get a long and the Asians here seem.....well,.......white.

Richardson?

On 11/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, closetohumping said:

One of the Coppell players is an Indian-American who is a top 130 player (he was top 100, but his ranking fell since the pandemic) in the nation. Probably the best shooter in the state and a Stanford commit. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Agarwal-46102422/ 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I had to be in Celina last June. Hadn’t been back to that Frisco and north area since 2007 when we left Texas. It’s unthinkable how it’s changed. It was country back then. Like, east Texas country. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/17/2021 at 2:41 PM, Samson's Wig said:

I don't live in DFW, have never lived in DFW, and will (likely) never live in DFW.  Is this overblown or sound about right for that community?  In other words, is this driven by a handful of racist idiots or should that area be avoided like the plague? 

Growing up in DFW there are two types of racists. You have the blatant ones who openly hate minorities, spread racist propaganda, etc. But that represents a very small amount of people. The other type of racist is the one who views minorities as helpless but they want others to do the helping. They're the ones with the rainbow sign in their yard that says "no human is illegal, black lives matter, love wins" but they're at the city council meeting opposing the nearby apartment complex rezoning because it will hurt the charm of their neighborhood. They'll tell you they support efforts to help the homeless but goddammit build the shelter away from them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Growing up in DFW there are two types of racists. You have the blatant ones who openly hate minorities, spread racist propaganda, etc. But that represents a very small amount of people. The other type of racist is the one who views minorities as helpless but they want others to do the helping. They're the ones with the rainbow sign in their yard that says "no human is illegal, black lives matter, love wins" but they're at the city council meeting opposing the nearby apartment complex rezoning because it will hurt the charm of their neighborhood. They'll tell you they support efforts to help the homeless but goddammit build the shelter away from them.

Property values.

Oh…..round here we mostly call those folks “Austinites.” Shit, I observed that when I moved here 30 years ago. The more likely you were to have a “visualize world peace” sticker on your Volvo, the more likely you were to oppose the development of affordable anything, particularly west of I-35.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Growing up in DFW there are two types of racists. You have the blatant ones who openly hate minorities, spread racist propaganda, etc. But that represents a very small amount of people. The other type of racist is the one who views minorities as helpless but they want others to do the helping. They're the ones with the rainbow sign in their yard that says "no human is illegal, black lives matter, love wins" but they're at the city council meeting opposing the nearby apartment complex rezoning because it will hurt the charm of their neighborhood. They'll tell you they support efforts to help the homeless but goddammit build the shelter away from t

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Property values.

Texans want their property value to rise but don’t want to pay taxes on said rise

16 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

You gotta give Dallas more credit. There’s also “I don’t hate minorities but I don’t want junior competing against them people in school” racists

Dallas is now a steaming pile of liberal bile. The population goes out of their way to lock step with nationalized liberal agendas that have negative impacts on the quality of life for citizens living inside the city limits. I blame stay at home white women for the most part. Not sure where they picked it up from.

• Fuck You 2

Dallas is now a steaming pile of liberal bile. The population goes out of their way to lock step with nationalized liberal agendas that have negative impacts on the quality of life for citizens living inside the city limits. I blame stay at home white women for the most part. Not sure where they picked it up from.
tHis iS DT... nOt tHE CloaK RoOm. PoLITicAL POsts go IN ThE cLOAk RoOM.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

image.gif.381798e2f7c537f55941924a0288a3f1.gif

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh…..round here we mostly call those folks “Austinites.” Shit, I observed that when I moved here 30 years ago. The more likely you were to have a “visualize world peace” sticker on your Volvo, the more likely you were to oppose the development of affordable anything, particularly west of I-35.

I noticed the same thing while living in Mexico 60 years ago.

3 hours ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

Deloitte University in Westlake has super good food. That's all I got on that because I'm not a Texas Ranger or Dallas Cowboy and don't live there.

They opened DU right after I left. A high school friend is a chef up there, so it’s good to hear that the food is good.

23 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Apartments are for poor people and should be located accordingly

6 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

This you?

image.thumb.jpeg.e3362d3cd9691bdd5978a4d8847be305.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Examples please

48 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Apartments are for poor people and should be located accordingly

There's some multi million dollar hoods here in SoCal and they have affordable income apartments right next to them, like in the same neighborhood.  The builders were required to build them.  2 br apartments for 1k, which is beyond affordable down here.  They look well built too.