LSU offers Lincoln Riley massive contract?

lilMAC25

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

At Texas we would never! You have to have head coach experience, know how to gladhand, know how to deal with political side of the job, know how to do a bunch of other dumb shit that does not include coaching the game of football.

This. The Texas job includes a lot strings for the perceived recruiting and funding advantages. 

When was it when some idiots (with all due respect) on shaggy we’re hoping Texas would hire linkin Riley as the coordinator?  Was that when Charlie was first hired and everyone was trying to convince ourselves he wasn’t going to bring Shawn Watson?  Or was that after he ahitcanned Watson and we had to pull out the big guns to steal a coordinator from… Tulsa?

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Riley kicking our ass at LSU isn’t ideal. But it’s better than losing to OU…. so let’s go Geaux LSU! 

Well if sec breaks up into pods like they were showing. We wouldn’t play them on a regular basis

On 11/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, El Hornarino said:

Hmmm that could have even been for the last Mack reboot, Riley was at ECU from 2010-2014.

Yeah, he followed Ruffin McNeil to ECU after Leach got booted and interim McNeil didn't get the HC gig at Tech. He was either QB coach or OC at the time.

Michigan State did a great job fucking the market up.  Down 49-0 at half then give your guy a top 4-5 contract.  LSU can easily afford 15 per.  OU will be fine.  But LSU would be an absolute nightmare.  They win titles with well below average coaches.  Yikes.  
The silver lining is the 2 Bama fans I know are like dear god, please no…

36 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Michigan State did a great job fucking the market up.  Down 49-0 at half then give your guy a top 4-5 contract.  LSU can easily afford 15 per.  OU will be fine.  But LSU would be an absolute nightmare.  They win titles with well below average coaches.  Yikes.  
The silver lining is the 2 Bama fans I know are like dear god, please no…

Yeah, they won two titles with coaches who are abject morons.  Riley would be the first coach in their history that's a progressive offensive coach.  Les Miles ran a high school offense that had problems with basic passing plays.  Riley would be a monster there.

That being said, I'm still surprised if he leaves.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ONE YARD said:

If this is true. Say bye to any chance of arch. 

I think our 5-7 season already took us out of the running but you’re right… 

Also, what does it say that a broke ass university in a shithole state that’s undergone a massive scandal and investigation can lure in one of the best coaches and minds in college football where as our last 3 hires were failed head coaches and guys from G5 schools in Strong, Herman, and Sark.  Just goes to show you how this university and AD has no clue how to close in good coaches and build a winning program.  Makes me want to throw up that LSU may end up with Riley and we’ve got a failed recovering alcoholic trying to build a program here.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, they won two titles with coaches who are abject morons.  Riley would be the first coach in their history that's a progressive offensive coach.  Les Miles ran a high school offense that had problems with basic passing plays.  Riley would be a monster there.

That being said, I'm still surprised if he leaves.

Ogre gave Joe Brady freedom to run their offense and it was pretty damn progressive...and impressive. That's why 2019 was LSU's best in spite of his shortcomings.

Agree that Riley will be awesome there. He'll bring in a good DC.

22 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Ogre gave Joe Brady freedom to run their offense and it was pretty damn progressive...and impressive. That's why 2019 was LSU's best in spite of his shortcomings.

Agree that Riley will be awesome there. He'll bring in a good DC.

if Riley goes to LSU, do you think he gets Pruitt (or is he off limits atm)

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I think our 5-7 season already took us out of the running but you’re right… 

Also, what does it say that a broke ass university in a shithole state that’s undergone a massive scandal and investigation can lure in one of the best coaches and minds in college football where as our last 3 hires were failed head coaches and guys from G5 schools in Strong, Herman, and Sark.  Just goes to show you how this university and AD has no clue how to close in good coaches and build a winning program.  Makes me want to throw up that LSU may end up with Riley and we’ve got a failed recovering alcoholic trying to build a program here.  

It's just football. It's nowhere close to being a top priority of the University of Texas. 

Riley should accept it and I think he will. Both are similar big programs that should always recruit well. But just by history, OU has won only one championship in the 2000s while LSU has won it 3 times with different coaches. Going by the odds, he's more likely to win there.

10 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Well … excluding John Blake, it seems every OU head coach since Wilkinson has routinely cleaned our clock.  There’ll be bitching if Riley leaves, but they’ll probably come out smelling better than Bevo’s butt when the dust settles …

Gary Gibbs says, "Hi!"  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Well … excluding John Blake, it seems every OU head coach since Wilkinson has routinely cleaned our clock.  There’ll be bitching if Riley leaves, but they’ll probably come out smelling better than Bevo’s butt when the dust settles …

I think Texas was something like 5-1 against OU under Gary Gibbs.  Texas was 8-2-1 against OU from Blake through Stoops’ first year.  So, there’s always hope they have another bad decade.  Ya never know.  Probably not though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 89Horn said:

I think Texas was something like 5-1 against OU under Gary Gibbs.  Texas was 8-2-1 against OU from Blake through Stoops’ first year.  So, there’s always hope they have another bad decade.  Ya never know.  Probably not though.

My friend, BT, reminded me of Gibbs who proved to be forgettable to at least one of us ..

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

That’s not a given. They haven’t had to search from scratch since 1998…In addition to Gibbs and Blake, don’t forget they hired Schenellenberger too.

AND fired Howard for, among other things, being an asshole, a drunk, and publicly speaking the blasphemy that Texas-Mobilehoma was just another game on the schedule and had no special importance and thus, he would treat it with no special importance.

He was GONE after only ONE season (1995).

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s a given because we’re cursed and fuck everything 

Also because OU would cut all academic programs and have one major called “Americal oblong ball sports history” before they cut the football budget.  They’ll give whatever coach all the resources they need to succeed. 

• Hook 'Em 1