Beef ribs

Buzzrock

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, ChampKind said:

Y’all are over thinking this.

1. Go to meat counter
2. Ring bell for service
3. Tell butcher you need a rack of beef ribs, either chuck or plate, that you don’t care which. But that you need the whole rack
5. Profit

I did this exact thing, except that I asked specifically for plate (at HEB on Brody).  The person seemed to not understand what I was talking about, and kept trying to push the pre-sliced ribs on me.  I said no thanks.  I'll try other stores.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are the prices y’all are seeing for the big plate ribs? Talked to the butcher at Sam’s today because they had some beautiful packs of short ribs cut up. They’ll sell them whole but they were $9/lb which seemed high. These were large ribs about 12” long. 

1 hour ago, McFly said:

What are the prices y’all are seeing for the big plate ribs? Talked to the butcher at Sam’s today because they had some beautiful packs of short ribs cut up. They’ll sell them whole but they were $9/lb which seemed high. These were large ribs about 12” long. 

I tend to pay about $25--$30 for a rack of plate ribs.

Edited by dcbc

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Dear god those look incredible

They were.  I had them on the smoke for about 3.5 hours running pretty hot then wrapped in foil and put in 200 oven while I smoked 3 racks of pork ribs.  

Image result for pretty pretty pretty good

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've been hankerin some beef ribs lately. So the wife stopped at Costco the other day with instructions to get uncut plate ribs. What she came home with, that I found out this morning, was uncut short beef ribs. I assume I smoke them at the same way just less time?e0a751db75b989407b879c4c7355a46e.jpg
Yep. Last time I did them it still took 8 hours at 225, I would suggest you go hotter 250-275.

2 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

I've been hankerin some beef ribs lately. So the wife stopped at Costco the other day with instructions to get uncut plate ribs. What she came home with, that I found out this morning, was uncut short beef ribs. I assume I smoke them at the same way just less time?e0a751db75b989407b879c4c7355a46e.jpg

Plate ribs ARE beef short ribs.  Also called beef short ribs off the plate.  Chuck ribs are also beef short ribs, and that's likely what you got.  Still very tasty.

I do 285 for around 5-7 hours, time varies but what matters is it's gotta probe VERY easy through the membranes between the bones.

You should be fine, show us pics when you're done!

Plate ribs ARE beef short ribs.  Also called beef short ribs off the plate.  Chuck ribs are also beef short ribs, and that's likely what you got.  Still very tasty.
I do 285 for around 5-7 hours, time varies but what matters is it's gotta probe VERY easy through the membranes between the bones.
You should be fine, show us pics when you're done!

These are not the plate ribs you are looking for.
Even though they aren't plate ribs they turned out great and only took 4.5 hours at 275. 5b98b00abf7bdbe36cf727dbbf38c907.jpg308cf323cdb688fd7bf280f1287fd099.jpg
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...