As a TEXAS fan and the current situation, what do we do?

US183

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

This is part of the problem and a huge red flag from Sark's latest presser stating he is waiting to assist in the off season in my view. Sark does a pretty good job preparing for the other team offensively but as soon as they thwart his Plan A he is unable to adjust because he has no Plan B or can't build one during the game or refuses to abandon his plan even if it does not work. He said he would look at the defense in the off season. He should have been trying to get things corrected after getting gutted by the two Oklahoma schools during the bye week. Nope he stuck with what they got going and the plan for this year even though it is not working and in my view that is how we got to what happened with Kansas. 

I agree it's a red flag but not sure I'd call it "huge."

The defensive staff is a problem he needs to own and fix to be successful.

Whether that could be done mid season is a harder call.

Multiple things can be true at the same time IMO.

• The loss to Kansas was terrible.
  • The win/loss record is disastrously bad.
  • The defensive staff has done a poor job.
  • AND . . . the best course of action for UT fans, given we are in Year 1 of a coaching change, is to be patient, stay the course, support recruiting and hope for improvement in the off season.

I cannot see how repeatedly proclaiming doom for this staff helps us move forward successfully given where we are in the process of this staff.

Regardless if Sark is the guy, we need a good recruiting class this year, a good offseason, and another good recruiting class next year.  All of our efforts should be focused on what supports that happening.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

You can do one of three things:

1. Stop watching and turn on basketball, because they are fucking good. 
  2. Keep watching and stop expecting this team to magically be good this season.
  3. Put your money where your mouth is and get involved with NIL to improve the program next season

You cand do 1 or 2 and still do 3 I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, burdine said:

Agree that we lost to Kansas.  

Also can we agree Sark is going to be here another year and recruit a class that needs our support?

Can we also agree that some players are playing hard that need our support?

If we agree then are internet temper tantrums the rational course of action for the next year?

Not loving where we are but what else is a way forward?

At least we can all agree that we lost to Kansas.

34 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Went out this morning and bought 3 handles of El Destilador Reposado and plan on drinking by myself as I am not good company when Texas loses.  I plan on passing out somewhere in the 3rd.

regardless of my personal issues and misery!

fucking Texas FUCKING Fight!

I am a Longhorn and will bleed burnt Orange until the day I die!🤘

3? Is that day going to be, uh…soon?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e1b67443d77265f3e54e7f759c71946.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

3? Is that day going to be, uh…soon?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e1b67443d77265f3e54e7f759c71946.jpeg

I would if I had some hoes.  Out in the country and buy my liquor in bulk.  More so this season and I normally am conscious for the whole game if not driven to drink due to a shitshow.  It’s amazing what tequila can allow you to forget!🤘

4 hours ago, immamac said:

You can do one of three things:

1. Stop watching and turn on basketball, because they are fucking good. 
  2. Keep watching and stop expecting this team to magically be good this season.
  3. Put your money where your mouth is and get involved with NIL to improve the program next season

You cand do 1 or 2 and still do 3 I guess. 

How about the rich cunts who keep fucking this program up go ahead and use the money they would have to use in a year or two to buy out Sark and put it allow Sark to pay the best possible recruiting class money can buy? 

Why are we regulars with mortgages paying for this shit? That's their fuck up and their mess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder if we could get a letter to the board of regents expressing the fans' disapproval of the hiring process of football head coach...
not asking for anything, but just so they are aware.
baylor hits the jackpot everytime, so we might want to look into that process.

Kevin Steele is one of the greatest hires of all time.
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Deej said:

So, tomorrow?

Pre game breakfast of bacon pancakes, fried egg, butter and maple.  Burnt Orange Koolaid (Reposado and OJ) and Game Day.  Listen to them spray anti Texas crap.  Git my game on and watch the game.

no driving, phone calls, … time stops for me when my Horns play.  It is only limited by my boundaries of joy and misery.  Win and I am energized for a week, other, passed out due to self medication and grumpy when I wake up.

Edited by Domedriver

4 hours ago, Domedriver said:

Went out this morning and bought 3 handles of El Destilador Reposado and plan on drinking by myself as I am not good company when Texas loses.  I plan on passing out somewhere in the 3rd.

regardless of my personal issues and misery!

fucking Texas FUCKING Fight!

I am a Longhorn and will bleed burnt Orange until the day I die!🤘

I'm with you.  Texas is more than a football team. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Pre game breakfast of bacon pancakes, fried egg, butter and maple.  Burnt Orange Koolaid (Reposado and OJ) and Game Day.  Listen to them spray anti Texas crap.  Git my game on and watch the game.

For a second I thought that said "fried butter."  

• Hook 'Em 1

Guys, couple years ago, one of my good friends and I were faced with a massive problem we couldn’t solve,  In his wisdom, he said, you know, at this point we need to stop and ask ourselves, what would an extraordinary person do in this situation? This resonated with me the whole week. I realized that, of all the coaches who could be standing at that podium right now in those shoes, Sark is that extraordinary person. And he has a team of what I call coaching juggernauts. This is not only my opinion, this is a fact. I don’t think anyone could dispute this.

So my solution is, we write the Sarkisian Era story. We’re not even done with the first chapter yet. Let him unfold some of the onion of what he is working on, how he is going to solve this problem? I realize that he might not even know. But, you know, I’m gonna steal from Julian Edelman, ‘it’s gonna be one hell of a story.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, burdine said:

I agree it's a red flag but not sure I'd call it "huge."

The defensive staff is a problem he needs to own and fix to be successful.

Whether that could be done mid season is a harder call.

Multiple things can be true at the same time IMO.

• The loss to Kansas was terrible.
  • The win/loss record is disastrously bad.
  • The defensive staff has done a poor job.
  • AND . . . the best course of action for UT fans, given we are in Year 1 of a coaching change, is to be patient, stay the course, support recruiting and hope for improvement in the off season.

I cannot see how repeatedly proclaiming doom for this staff helps us move forward successfully given where we are in the process of this staff.

Regardless if Sark is the guy, we need a good recruiting class this year, a good offseason, and another good recruiting class next year.  All of our efforts should be focused on what supports that happening.

This is the issue at hand.  When Mack was glad handing everyone in college football that snake oil salesman shit we for awhile we’re the Texas Longhorns for a decade+.  Unfortunately Mack lost his will after Colt was hurt by dumb ass Greg Davis decide to run the ball on the goal line straight into Mack’s dumb ass loyalty caught up with him.

So what should have been the best run ever in the modern era turns to butt hurt Mack burning down Texas Football.

Good news our real problem shows up which is this feel good let’s be the shining example for Directors Cup shit and make sure we over due every sport and gender.  

Well fuck us.  The rest of the College Athletics world knows football is king and must work to feed all the clingers on sports no matter the gender.

Now in the background BlowU is literally raping, paying, and have the refs in their pockets.  David Boren is back to raping young interns and things like Austin Box, Dusty D, Bomar, and the smack a bitch running back are enabled to fuck the system.  Big Red sports, free gas at the station by players, and zero academics makes a Pat O’s Hurricane look like Miller Lite.  Aka goat piss.  The rest of the league catches on so after a basketball murder Baylor say fuck this we are pressing the limits and BAM rape culture lands in Wacko!  

Raplor gets a free pass after allegedly 42 rapes and again Lil 12 strokes anything that’s not Texas.

Then the defining moment Texas now has Charlie Strong on the sideline T Boone covered his 300mm investment and stole him a game with an official slamming into a coach for penalty.  

The limp 12 office pisses down its leg and fuck Texas again.  

The fix!  

Do the Bama!  Saban’s grey shirt started the dynasty.  NIL take that shit to the next level.  Out pay EVERYBODY…. Bleed their sorry asses dry.  Make them over pay and wish they had the money.  Then he shut down the volume of boosters and hold everyone accountable.

Fuck it organize this shit. We have as deep a pockets as anyone.  

And last and not least cheat, beg, borrow, and steal everything from everybody.  

I took the dog for a late morning walk to enjoy the pleasant weather before the weather reverts to Houston swampass, took a suit to the tailor, had lunch with my fiancee, and turned on the game at home when I saw it was a one score game in the 4th, knowing Texas was very likely to find a way to lose.

What are we do to? Other things, mostly, and lower expectations when you do watch. This program hasn't been worth more than that after the OU game for all but one or two seasons since I got to campus in 2010, and isn't going to be for the foreseeable future.

Get in a time machine, go back and don't fire Mack Brown so quickly, and if you do still have to fire him then don't fire Charlie Strong or Tom Herman. And if you do have to fire them then don't fire Steve. And if you do have to fire him then don't fire <next coach that will hype us up only to let us fall on our face again>

There's nothing to do but sit around expecting this shit to continue until this fan base, donors etc realize that pulling the plug and starting fresh every few years sets Texas back a little further every time. It scares quality players off and nobody that's worth a shit wants to coach here either. We've been rebuilding how long? Let a coach stick around for 5 years, no matter who they are, and see what long term gains can be made. It's never going to get fixed in less than 3 years unless you actually land Saban, Urban etc. And even then I don't think it'd just magically work & probably would come with toxic baggage of some sort.

Accept that it's no longer an issue of a quick fix leading to getting back to being great. It's now a matter of fighting tooth and nail to getting back to having a chance of being great again one day - and in turn proving to the entire country that it's a stable team capable of making steady gains where good recruits and coaches want to go contribute to the turn around.

As it sits, man, I feel bad for the few quality players on this team that deserve more. Completely mismanaged football program from the top down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1