As a TEXAS fan and the current situation, what do we do?

US183

Even if you are sure Sark is not the guy, he will recruit this next class and run the offseason and next season.

We need recruits and good buy-in in the offseason to build for the future even if Sark is not the guy.

Just saying to recognize where we are in the process with this coach.  

There will be a time for accountability.  Year 1 is not going to be it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, burdine said:

I"m going to try and go.

Sark is going to be our coach for the next year or two no matter what.

In year 1 of a regime, there is no good message to send except stability and consistency of support IMO.

You do know that since 1957 only one head coach at Texas has had a regular season losing record in his first year. No amount of support is going gloss over that fact.

Edited by DanTheHorn
Correction Charlie lost the bowl game
  • Hook 'Em 1

Understand this is a mega rebuild.  Be patient (lol).  Stop firing coaches/assistant coaches every 1-2 years.  Build consistency within the program. Drop the expectations and understand we will suck for awhile.  Weed out the toxic shit.  And hope things get marginally better over the next 10 years. 

• Rage+1 1

This is going to be a 5 plus year rebuild.  At this point, this program needs to focus on being competitive and building a roster where we hopefully can Atleast compete some what in the SEC.  You thought the Arky ass kicking was bad, wait till Bama comes to town next year.  I’m watch the games but I’m basically checked out.  Firing this staff isn’t going to do shit. Who are we going to hire?  No good coach wants to come here.  We hired these idiots, now let’s give them time to build it as best as they can.  

If we can even get some marginal talent in the portal, we’re probably looking at a 7 win team next year in a best case scenario.  Then in 2023, we need to continue to build and hope for a 8-9 win season.  And build on top of that.  For anyone that has expectations beyond that, do yourself a favor and check out for a while.  This program is in a worse state than Tennessee and Nebraska.  Our players think they are elite and are completely entitled bc they wear our logo but they are literally worst team in the history of Texas.  Until these guys accept that and are willing to put in the work and effort the coaches want and play with some fucking pride and play for one another, we’re fucked for a while.

47 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

You do know that since 1957 only one head coach at Texas has had a regular season losing record in his first year. No amount of support is going gloss over that fact.

I would say a distinct lack of support can highlight it though.

Aggie gave Jimbo a long term guaranteed contract before he won a game to signal stability and consistency to stay the course no matter what.

What we signal is important.

• Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Understand this is a mega rebuild.  Be patient (lol).  Stop firing coaches/assistant coaches every 1-2 years.  Build consistency within the program. Drop the expectations and understand we will suck for awhile.  Weed out the toxic shit.  And hope things get marginally better over the next 10 years. 

Eat some shit, Sark.

1 hour ago, burdine said:

Even if you are sure Sark is not the guy, he will recruit this next class and run the offseason and next season.

We need recruits and good buy-in in the offseason to build for the future even if Sark is not the guy.

Just saying to recognize where we are in the process with this coach.  

There will be a time for accountability.  Year 1 is not going to be it.

Bill? Bill in Sinton? Look at you with your focusness!

37 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This is going to be a 5 plus year rebuild.  At this point, this program needs to focus on being competitive and building a roster where we hopefully can Atleast compete some what in the SEC.  You thought the Arky ass kicking was bad, wait till Bama comes to town next year.  I’m watch the games but I’m basically checked out.  Firing this staff isn’t going to do shit. Who are we going to hire?  No good coach wants to come here.  We hired these idiots, now let’s give them time to build it as best as they can.  

If we can even get some marginal talent in the portal, we’re probably looking at a 7 win team next year in a best case scenario.  Then in 2023, we need to continue to build and hope for a 8-9 win season.  And build on top of that.  For anyone that has expectations beyond that, do yourself a favor and check out for a while.  This program is in a worse state than Tennessee and Nebraska.  Our players think they are elite and are completely entitled bc they wear our logo but they are literally worst team in the history of Texas.  Until these guys accept that and are willing to put in the work and effort the coaches want and play with some fucking pride and play for one another, we’re fucked for a while.

seems to me that Sark should be forced to hire a OC  or a HC because he has zero fucking ability to do both.

42 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Every year that passes, I enjoy college football less and less. Part of that is age, part of it is the game itself, but most of it is Texas sucking for over a decade.

Texas has sucked for about 2/3 of my life. I don’t let them ruin my day anymore (besides an ou loss). I still love the sport. 

Edited by 4th&Five

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

If we are going to waste five years we better be sure we are entrusting the rebuild to a well established and proven winner of a coach.  

oh shit….

• Rage+1 1

Things that I think I know:

1. Sark is a good offensive coach. Even with our terribly personnel outside of Bijan and Worthy, we consistently get guys open downfield and have put up a lot of points (with a few exceptions) this year. However, he seems to be maybe not a great head coach/leader. He made what seemed like a good hire in PK but it has turned out to be a disaster. Something needs to change with the defensive staff. All I want to see is us running a base 4 down linemen defense. We’ve been running some variation of a 3-3-5 for the last 5+ years and it just isn’t working. We need to start recruiting pure DE prospects (not the all-DT strategy we’ve been using) in order to be able to get a pass rush and stop the run consistently. I saw us running 2 DL with Oghoufo and Thornton as the “DE” while WVU ran it for 8 yards a carry all second half. It’s unacceptable. 

2. We have major, major issues on our roster. WR, OL, DL, and LB are probably the worst. QB is also highly questionable unless second-half Card somehow had a flip switch in his head and regained his composure and accuracy. Regardless, we need to aggressively recruit the transfer portal and turn over the roster. We particularly need upperclassmen who can provide some leadership. A lot of the current upperclassmen look apathetic and disinterested half the time. No matter what, we’re probably looking at a 2-year rebuild, minimum. 8-4 would be a good result next year. 

TLDR coaches and players both have responsibility for the current suckage.

29 minutes ago, burdine said:

for those rooting for an empty stadium for national tv next week, just curious why?

Baylor was 2-7 last year.  Should they have been rooting for an empty stadium for their last game?

I get being frustrated and pissed off but how does it help the program?

Hi Chris, really looking forward to your letter this week

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Nahlin:

Hire Gary Patterson.

There is actually some talk that he’s in play as an analyst. That would be a waste, but better than nothing.

Hire him. Hire him if its Co-DC to handle the secondary. Hire him if it’s to handle the whole defense.

This is a soft program. I have no clue if GP’s ego would work with Sark. Or if Sark’s ego would allow for GP. But there needs to be discussion and soon.

I’m not kidding. This defense is embarrassingly soft, not individually, but by scheme.

Texas needs to make changes now. Sark needs to re-evaluate his S&C program. Three guys rolling off the field at the same time is one of the softest things I’ve ever seen.

They need a Muschamp and it isn’t going to be Muschamp.

Bring in GP and allow him to do the work that isn’t being done by the head coach and S&C coach. Or the DC.

Three guys falling off the field because gravity rolled them off. My god.

Texas better make changes.

Edited by Bruh Man

Burnt Ends question: when should we expect to see it make an impact? It clearly didn’t move the needle for Skinner, so maybe it’s not lucrative enough to attract a 5* type talent yet. Or the SEC bag game is just making us non competitive when kids are still getting under the table deals that Texas doesn’t seem willingly to do. I’m all for Burnt Ends and will continue to contribute no matter what…just curious what the monthly stipend needs to get up to in order to make an impact with recruits. Wish there was a way to get recruits feedback on how much $ it needs to be to actually make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, burdine said:

for those rooting for an empty stadium for national tv next week, just curious why?

Baylor was 2-7 last year.  Should they have been rooting for an empty stadium for their last game?

I get being frustrated and pissed off but how does it help the program?

it doesn't. you know what also doesn't help the program?  hiring a guy who wins 7 games a year.  fans have shitall to do with anything when you have coaching like this.  

• Hook 'Em 2