Kansas State game week

Tex Pete

Fans, make a statement and sit the Kansas State game out. We all love the Horns, but serious changes have to be made to this abysmal program and our voices need to be heard. This is unacceptable. 

Do not go to the game Friday. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

David Putty, “Nah, I can’t get you seven wins at this price.  Best I can do is four wins.”

Del Conte, “Four?!?”

Putty, “Yeah that’s right.”

Edited by Lobo

Just now, Newdoc said:

99% of UT fans do not read this message board. Save your energy. Natural attrition of money and recruits will turn this program into Nebraska football with a better location.

Nebraska has had a better record than us since the 2009 Big 12 CCG. We've low-key been Nebraska for over a decade 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

99% of UT fans do not read this message board. Save your energy. Natural attrition of money and recruits will turn this program into Nebraska football with a better location.

I don’t give a shit. Tell your friends and neighbors. Or go fuck yourself. Your choice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuch auto-correct.  Fuck Sarkshitstain.  Fuck all of it.  

I have to drive to the family to Round Rock soon so i can't start drinking to take the edge off.  

Damn this program!  

Meh, actually it's fine.  I didn't want to pony up for season tickets again next year.  This makes it easier.  

Just now, Tex Pete said:

The wallet, dumbass. 

That’s your fault. Congrats on the click bait thread title then the lack of hubris as you rally the troops. Good gosh, I can’t believe nobody else has thought of your original idea to stop monetarily supporting Longhorn football. Step away from the keyboard internet warrior and go on a nature walk or punch a pillow.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Do you dipshits really not understand the economics of major college football? Do you actually believe the number of people in the stands for the last game of the year makes a dent in revenue?

My thoughts aren’t about revenue at all. I would guess most tickets sold for Friday’s game would be season tickets, meaning the money is already spent. I want an empty stadium as a sign to the powers at be that we are NOT with them in supporting this shitshow. I’m not calling CDC at this point or writing angry letters. I’m not going to tell Steve Sarkisian who he needs to play (this week). 

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Will attendance even hit 90k? Should hardly be any students there since it’s thanksgiving break and the team sucks and no one cares about K state.

90K would be a fantastic turnout. 

I'm guessing around 70K.  The whole stadium is going to look like the shitty new south endzone always does.

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

90K would be a fantastic turnout. 

I'm guessing around 70K.  The whole stadium is going to look like the shitty new south endzone always does.

Checking weather, might be in upper 40's or low 50's for the kickoff on Friday... 

Wouldn't be surprised to see somewhere between 50-60k fans since high is forecasted to only be 58  

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Checking weather, might be in upper 40's or low 50's for the kickoff on Friday... 

Wouldn't be surprised to see somewhere between 50-60k fans since high is forecasted to only be 58  

Yup, could be that low, too. I certainly won't be there.  

9 hours ago, RabidM said:

Might as well play all the backups whose red shirt you don't care about. Don't risk playing anyone who might be important for next season.  FML 

We need to break out big bags to win some recruitments.

Like they will be here next season anyway...

Not going to the game and having admin see an empty stadium isn’t going to force a coaching change.  When people don’t go to a game for a team that is 4-7, admin isn’t going to think your nonverbal message of not being there in person for the final game of the season in which there’s no hope for a bowl game and 99% of us already know we will lose is certainly because you’re protesting a coach. 

I don’t know if it’s sad and I feel bad for people who think like this or if it’s hilarious.  

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Do you dipshits really not understand the economics of major college football? Do you actually believe the number of people in the stands for the last game of the year makes a dent in revenue?

Those same people won't be buying (or even wearing) new Texas gear either.  And yeah - if enough people stay away for more than one game *then* it will make a difference.  Less visibility on TV - like not on ESPN or Fox but ESPN3/U or FS2.  Probably hurts recruiting more than it will already be, and of course "out of sight, out of mind".

Remember when Texas was eligible for a bowl but not a good one there was always talk about how great Texas travels.  Seemed like it usually helped get a better matchup or a higher game that the team should've been invited to.  Throw that one out as well if fans start jumping ship.

It won't help for one game but it has to start somewhere.