Kansas State game week

Tex Pete

7 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Who was there for Kansas in 1997?

“Stay Ricky Stay”

This is that kind of watershed game that sets the program on course. Our QBs are out or banged up. The RB lineup is the same as the QBs. Others out. We play as a team and win.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. It’ll be a long 9 months so just trying to make last effort at being positive.

Anybody with me?

How can we be with you when your own screen name doesn't agree with you?

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Going and taking the kids. Time for some life lessons*.

*watch dad drink bloody mary's starting at 9:30 AM and yell at the coaches for a few hours.  

they gotta learn young.  especially if they are going to be Texas football fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, HRSchenker said:

The last game of Charlie Strong's tenure was the first time I ever turned a UT game off at halftime. Next week's game might be the first time I ever skip out on watching a game altogether. 

What pissed me off about that game was that Charlie didn't play all the seniors and that the guys were just going through the motions and barely any of them were trying. Like, fight to get that 6th win you ass clowns!

On 11/21/2021 at 1:46 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep.  I'd like to see Coffey at Safety, the freshmen TE's, Conner, Blackwell.  Let's see what Abiara can do.  Where the hell has Sorrell been?  He looked promising early on.

Fuck it, I'd like to see Charles Wright get some snaps at QB. Wouldn't hurt. Nothing to lose at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck it, I'd like to see Charles Wright get some snaps at QB. Wouldn't hurt. Nothing to lose at this point. 

Yeah, I'm gonna watch as well.  It's like a train wreck and I can't look away.

Charles Wright, Ben Ballard, or even Cole Lourd.  Maybe someone with a functional throwing hand and two intact ankles can get something going.  I hesitate to suggest RoJo only because we need him at the depleted RB position.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Wait this game is today?  I assume 11am?  I legit thought this game was Saturday. Damn how all the fucks I have to give have departed so quickly.  I’d rather fight off trailer park moms for that 200 50 inch flat screen 

Well this could be a Black Friday in more ways than one.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Wait this game is today?  I assume 11am?  I legit thought this game was Saturday. Damn how all the fucks I have to give have departed so quickly.  I’d rather fight off trailer park moms for that 200 50 inch flat screen 

Yup unfortunately it's at 11am today. How appropriate that it's on Fox. 

FOX = Fuck Our eXpectations

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I just want a win before the long offseason starts this evening....

#HookEm

Not only are we going to win today, but we are going to sneak into a bowl game at 5-7 like the ServePro, Quick Lane, or whatever and beat a 6-6 MAC team like Ball State or Eastern Michigan.  Two game win streak to end the year!  Momentum headed into the offseason that'll no doubt be showered in kool-aid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

At SiL's place with wife's whole family.  Her youngest sister is getting married in 6 months and this is the only time all they'll all be together before the wedding.  So they're going dress shopping at 1:00p today.  They asked me if I wanted to go to help with our girls at the dress shop, keep them behaved between fittings.  Either that or stay here with FiL (who is a huge K-State homer) and watch the game.  

I was honestly torn for a moment.  Thanks Steve.  

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Even in a decent year the 11am Friday after Thanksgiving game is bullshit. And today capping off a shitty season, this campus is dead. It’s probably the worst game day atmosphere I’ve ever seen.

Ride the Ferris wheel and quit your bitching! We’re the Joneses, bitch! We spend more money on bullshit than other programs make. 

I can’t believe college football is over all ready.  It seemed like only yesterday we were screaming show me a loss. B12 title hopes all your croots are belong to us and sec baby here we come.  

now well this is basically the feeling in may 2020 when the earth stopped rotating 

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I can’t believe college football is over all ready.  It seemed like only yesterday we were screaming show me a loss. B12 title hopes all your croots are belong to us and sec baby here we come.  

now well this is basically the feeling in may 2020 when the earth stopped rotating 

This season has sucked the joy out of the sport for me, Its so depressing watching literally every other team execute better than Texas. Watching other games brings no joy like it used to.. Remember rooting for other teams to beat other teams in November to help our standing? I member. 

• Like 2

I am rewatching the end of Lonesome Dove where Captain Call takes McCrea back to Texas.  Sad western, but Bull Duck is our Kansas State and we are going to throw them out the window on this Black Friday!  To all who are die hard Longhorns and are going to watch the game today and root for our Horns, I salute you!🤘

Horns Up!  And drink enough to numb our agony!