Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 4/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

otre Dame's Jack Swarbrick's Salary is Way Higher Than Any Other Athletics Director

Swarbrick's base salary is under $1 million but he earns $2 million in other compensation.

• Twitter
  • singlepost_fbicon.png
  • Google+
  • Email This Post
  • More
  • Facebook Comment
Notre Dame's Jack Swarbrick's Salary is Way Higher Than Any Other Athletics Director

JOE RAYMOND/APNotre Dame athletics director Jack Swarbrick earns more than $3 million annually.

I can't even imagine the daily demands of Jack Swarbrick's job, but at least the Notre Dame athletics director is getting paid handsomely for his services.

Swarbrick, a Notre Dame graduate, was appointed athletics director in 2008. A decade later, he's believed to be the highest-paid athletics director in the country. According to new data published by USA Today and Athletic Director U, Swarbrick has a base salary of $994,751 but earns $2,056,169 through "other university compensation," bringing his annual compensation to >$3,050,920. Though the data only includes figures for 115 of 130 athletics directors (hence "he's believed to be the highest-paid athletics director"), it's highly unlikely another AD is making more.

None of the other 114 ADs earn more than $1.6 million per year, with Northwestern's Jim Phillips ($1,570,766) and Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez ($1,550,000) coming in second and third, respectively. There are some notable ADs whose compensation was not reported, including Miami 's Blake James, Stanford's Bernard Muir and USC 's Lynn Swann, though none of them are believed to earn anywhere near the $3 million that Swarbrick does.

Here's a look at the 17 ADs earning over $1 million (you can view the full list here😞

NAME
SCHOOL
BASE SALARY
OTHER COMP.
TOTAL COMP.
MAX BONUS
Jack Swarbrick Notre Dame $994,751 $2,056, 169 $3,050,920 N/A
Jim Phillips Northwestern $941,594 $629,172 $1,570,766 N/A
Barry Alvarez Wisconsin $500,000 $1,050,000 $1,550,000 $0
Kevin White Duke $1,451,585 N/A $1,451,585 N/A
Kirby Hocutt Texas Tech $1,325,000 $125,000 $1,450,000 $225,000
Chris Del Conte Texas $1,310,000 $125,000 $1,435,000 $10,000
Gene Smith Ohio State $1,000,591 $420,000 $1,420,591 $130,000
Greg Byrne Alabama $900,000 $325,000 $1,225,000 $220,000
Joe Castiglione Oklahoma $363,750 $785,000 $1,148,750 $760,000
Ron Wellman Wake Forest $1,106,115 N/A $1,106,115 N/A
Dan Guerrero UCLA $937,779 $146,000 $1,083,779 $105,000
Scott Stricklin Florida $530,000 $550,000 $1,080,000 $200,000
Hunter Yurachek Arkansas $525,000 $525,000 $1,050,000 $0
Phillip Fulmer Tennessee $300,000 $740,000 $1,040,000 $300, 000
Whit Babcock Virginia Tech $700,088 $330,000 $1,030,088 $491,681
Bubba Cunningham North Carolina $740,440 $260,000 $1,000,440 $661,414
Bill Moos Nebraska $1,000,000 $0 $1,000,000 $525,000

Holy fuck at Hocutt's salary

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I'm just surprised those tortilla throwers are shelling out that much for an AD

They are counting their Permian money to figure out how much it will take to keep their MBB coach too. 

44 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

I am really fucking sick of this becoming more and more common.  It has been atrocious since 2012.  I see it several mutlti-alumni events including fundraisers and charity banquets which I think is bullshit but I wouldn't put up with that for one second in a work environment.

They are a garbage fan base.  Complete trash.  Always have been. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

I am really fucking sick of this becoming more and more common.  It has been atrocious since 2012.  I see it several mutlti-alumni events including fundraisers and charity banquets which I think is bullshit but I wouldn't put up with that for one second in a work environment.

The dumb ass was sitting by his 2nd level boss. If he wants to brag about what a red ass he is I'm confident he's got a new understanding of that term today. 

We have engineers & scientists from across the globe in our company. I've seen c-suite employees bust each others balls over where they got their MBA or PhD from in the wings. But to fucking heckle an astronaut? I hope this kid enjoys getting every shit detail assignment imaginable for the next 18 months and the reward of a nice 1.3% raise to boot.

18 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Stockholm syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during and after captivity.

4 years in the gulag...

“If I want to spend a decade sitting on my ass like a t-sip, I’ll have Stalin send me to a Siberian labor camp. But if I want to get my ass kicked for four years, I’ll become a Texas Aggie” - Solzhenitsyn 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

It's always been bad.  I haven't noticed it being any worse since 2012.  Just more of the same.  They can't help themselves.

13 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Yet another aggy in the wild embarrassing themselves story:

My company had the honor today of hosting a team from NASA and the ISS for a presentation on collaborative opportunities in space. The keynote presenter was a NASA astronaut who flew on 3 shuttle missions including 2 deployments to the ISS. She logged over 42 days in space. She's a certified bad-ass by any unit of measurement, and a Texas Ex to boot.

During the Q&A one of the questions from the audience was to ask her to describe her most thrilling moment as an astronaut. Now, ramjet can attest to this better than most, but being an astronaut doesn't equate to being a great or inspiring public speaker. Her engineering principles were on full display. She was calculated, precise...anything but boastful (almost to her detriment; the audience wants to be wowed by tales of what they'll never experience). But  she did her best to describe the immense power of the 8 1/2 minute launch, the beauty of seeing the aurora borealis plus massive weather patterns on earth from space,, etc. She also talked about how one of the most memorable and cool things she saw was the view from the shuttle each time (she was on the Discovery all 3 missions) upon re-entry when (I'm gonna fuck up the particulars) the plasma super heated and a brilliant--in her words--"burnt orange glow encased the vehicle. As a Longhorn I thought that was really cool."

The audience here in Austin politely chuckled/applauded as you'd expect. Except for the dumb fuck, twenty something aggy who waited until the crowd noise subsided to let out a 5 second long "hisssssssssss."  Heads snapped around to find this douche who, when he realized he was being stared down, lifted his right hand with a feeble gig em sign.

This dipshit is two years or less into his career & he thinks the appropriate thing to do in a public event (we were also streaming it globally) is to hiss at an astronaut and PhD in engineering? What the fuck is wrong with these idiots?

And I guarantee you if that toady little shit went and told the same story on texags he would get rounds and rounds of praise for the "good bull".

Morons.

They are a garbage fan base.  Complete trash.  Always have been. 
Fan base?

Just the fan base?

Duuuuuude.

THE

WHOLE

FUCKING

PLACE.

The school, the town, the fan base, their shit maroon media conspiricy.

Bout the only thing there that is not total garbage is the vet school.

15 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This dipshit is two years or less into his career & he thinks the appropriate thing to do in a public event (we were also streaming it globally) is to hiss at an astronaut and PhD in engineering? What the fuck is wrong with these idiots?

Mindless cult drones.  It's beaten into them.  Then they have to re-acclimate themselves to normal society (albeit with limited success in most cases).

14 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Mindless cult drones.  It's beaten into them.  Then they have to re-acclimate themselves to normal society (albeit with limited success in most cases).

My brother’s oldest granddaughter (no pics) skipped Easter dinner with the whole family so she & her hubby - both aggy grads - could attend some aggy kind of ring ceremony at that station place.

Goddamned ring is more important than family? Geezuz.

• Like 1

it's almost like some of you have never been to church, a wedding, a funeral or a public gathering of any kind where aggy are in attendance. 

This astronaut thing, while admittedly a new frontier, is not surprising in the least and I would have been actually surpised had it NOT happened just as described. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

it's almost like some of you have never been to church, a wedding, a funeral or a public gathering of any kind where aggy are in attendance. 

This astronaut thing, while admittedly a new frontier, is not surprising in the least and I would have been actually surpised had it NOT happened just as described. 

Oh absolutely.  The hiss and the whoop thing is perfectly normal for them in all public forums.  They're oblivious to how weird and dorky they appear to normal human persons.

59 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

My brother’s oldest granddaughter (no pics) skipped Easter dinner with the whole family so she & her hubby - both aggy grads - could attend some aggy kind of ring ceremony at that station place.

Goddamned ring is more important than family? Geezuz.

To be fair, I’ll look for any excuse to skip a family dinner. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

ISWYDT

• Like 1

Outside of football games I choose not to.

10 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Needs more rep. Would love to hear Looch's response.

Prediction: "who cares what Woodward thinks, Woodward gets too much credit for the hires, that was an A&M thing (it was A&M's leadership and culture and resources and the sleeping giant opportunity that attracted Fisher and Williams, not Woodward) more than anything he did, I hope he enjoys losing to us every year!, it was a desperation move on LSU's part to try to thwart the mighty championship momentum of Texas A&M but it won't matter"

• Like 7

Prediction: "who cares what Woodward thinks, Woodward gets too much credit for the hires, that was an A&M thing (it was A&M's leadership and culture and resources and the sleeping giant opportunity that attracted Fisher and Williams, not Woodward) more than anything he did, I hope he enjoys losing to us every year!, it was a desperation move on LSU's part to try to thwart the mighty championship momentum of Texas A&M but it won't matter"
3f87d12770048616029dc1e8e19e4d57.gif
  • Haha 1

I have some agi in the extended family. All things considered, they're mostly fairly normal... UNTIL there are two or more in whatever gathering... 
Apparently agi considers two to constitute a network.
It is... strange.
agi?

What the fuck is agi?

Above Ground Idoits?

Anal Gargling Inuits?

Anal Gerbil Inserters?

Arkansas Sow Inseminators?

Ape Grabbing Inhumans?

Do you have relatives that spent time at aggy? If so thay is aggy.

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

Oh absolutely.  The hiss and the whoop thing is perfectly normal for them in all public forums.  They're oblivious to how weird and dorky they appear to normal human persons.

I attended an after-wedding dinner of one of my good friend's daughters at the Driskill a few years ago.  She was an aggy grad and her friends got their aggy shenanigans going and the whooping, hollering, etc took off.   My friend and I are both UT grads and he fully understood when I excused myself to go take a dump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I attended an after-wedding dinner of one of my good friend's daughters at the Driskill a few years ago.  She was an aggy grad and her friends got their aggy shenanigans going and the whooping, hollering, etc took off.   My friend and I are both UT grads and he fully understood when I excused myself to go take a dump.

Hopefully, said dump was taken before aggy started drilling glory holes. 

• Like 1

"I attended an after-wedding dinner of one of my good friend's daughters at the Driskill a few years ago.  She was an aggy grad and her friends got their aggy shenanigans going and the whooping, hollering, etc took off.   My friend and I are both UT grads and he fully understood when I excused myself to go take a dump.

Hopefully, said dump was taken before aggy started drilling glory holes."

Did you run into hamm recruiting? 

• Like 2