• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I looked shit up.  The state of Mississippi is 37% black.  12% of Ole Miss and 20% of MSU students are black, which is a big part of how they get to the top of this list.  

I accidentally hit the “report” button with my fat thumb while reading your post on my iPad. Please ignore

27 minutes ago, KatHorn said:

Can some post the video of debris overtaking John Sharp and the other dignitaries when they demolished Kyle field?  Thanks

Did you really use the word dignitaries when referring to that bunch of mouth breathing butt suckers? Freaking negged.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Every time I see them use Texas aggy, I realize how much they hate being known as A&M. 
Let's look at a few of their scheduled games this year. Games against:

Texas Bobcats
Mississippi Bulldogs
Texas roadrunners
Louisiana tigers

Being in the sec and not big 12 any longer, no scheduled games against the Oklahoma cowboys or Kansas Wildcats. Probably a good thing, because them and the Texas horned frogs who replaced them would still throttle them.
  • Like 1

Uh, you have 25 mutual friends with Dave South?

Ironically, it’s 12. (It’s always 12 with those fuckers.) Back in my sports writing days, I covered my share of aggy games and know a few of those folks, mostly people in SID department or on beat from other papers. Never met the great Dave South though.

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Ironically, it’s 12. (It’s always 12 with those fuckers.) Back in my sports writing days, I covered my share of aggy games and know a few of those folks, mostly people in SID department or on beat from other papers. Never met the great Dave South though.

I did.  Was covering a baseball game there, and about an hour or so after it was over, I finally got a writeup finished.  Was basically the last person still up in the stands.  Was walking down the stands when I heard a voice behind me that I didn't recognize.  It was Dave South.  We walked out to the lot together talking about the game.  Nice guy.  The thing that struck me is that his normal voice doesn't sound anything like his radio voice -- nowhere near as deep.  

I hope he hasn't heard what else aggy does to them:

Sir Paul McCartney hits out at Texas university for “using dogs for experiments”

"Sir Paul McCartney has a hit out a university in Texas for allegedly experimenting on dogs.

It comes after footage via PETA supposedly shows muscular dystrophy experiments on dogs at Texas A&M University (TAMU).

The former Beatle is urging Texas A&M University (TAMU) President Michael K. Young to stop the alleged experimentation.

“The video footage of golden retrievers in your university’s dog laboratory is heartbreaking,” he wrote in a letter yesterday (June 26). “I have had dogs since I was a boy and loved them all dearly, including Martha, who was my companion for about 15 years and about whom I wrote the song ‘Martha My Dear’.”

He added: “Please do the right thing by ending the suffering of dogs in TAMU’s muscular dystrophy laboratory and switching to modern research methods instead.”"

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so an aggy got kilt at halftime by a bible thumper? no wonder they draw down with their swords when approached by intimidating cheerleaders 

Mostly talking about the first paragraph.  They were out of tune mentally and physically.  They laid it all on the line against SMU the weak before.  They lost gloriously.   You know, standard aggy   

So looking into this it is incredible that these two Universities have hardly changed.

https://wacohistory.org/items/show/190

Highlights:

• 1922 - Aggies lose and riot in Waco (Classy)
  • 1924 - Aggies lose and riot in Waco (Classy)
  • 1926 - Baylor makes fun of Aggie Cadets in half time show.  Aggie cadets storm the field and attack a car full of women.  A brawl ensues and a cadet is hit in the head with a wooden folding chair... and dies the next day from a blood clot.
  • Baylor University and the Waco Mayor interfere with the investigation to hinder the murder investigation which is never solved. (Shocked).

When football fans hear “Battle of the Brazos,” they think of an old rivalry between Baylor and Texas A&M (formerly The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas), two schools situated on the Brazos River. Before the days of the Big 12 and the Southeastern Conferences, there was the Southwest Conference (SWC), where Baylor and Texas A&M vied for the title of SWC champions for decades until the conference was disbanded in 1996. But there were a few years when the schools did not compete, and it was because of a tragedy that has been swathed in myth and bias. A young A&M cadet lost his life as a result of a heated brawl between the two sides during halftime of the game on October 30, 1926.

Baylor and A&M had developed quite the rivalry in the years since their first face-off in 1899. It was the big public college versus the small private college, with the added competition for Baylor women’s hearts, as A&M was still an all-male institution. The cadets often courted the Baylor gals, invoking the ire of the Baylor men ready to come to their defense. The football field became the perfect setting to release this frustration and to try to come out on top for all the girls, alumni, and other fans to see. To add to the stakes, during the 1920s the Baylor-A&M game was often the biggest of the season, being played in the famous ten-thousand-seat Cotton Palace stadium (pinned on map below) and often also serving as Baylor’s homecoming game. A&M would bring its entire cadet corps and parade through the streets of Waco as well. The festivities surrounding the game were highly anticipated, and it was always a full house.

With such revelry comes emotion and team spirit, and these can sometimes get out of hand. In fact, trouble had been brewing at this football showdown in the years leading up to the fateful game in 1926. In 1922, a riot broke out after the game and was broken up by firehoses. In 1924, another riot erupted after the Aggies lost, and both male and female students were allegedly assaulted until the Waco police dispelled the violence. When the 1926 game rolled around, Baylor had law enforcement ready for any postgame shenanigans, but to everyone’s surprise, the violence came long before the game ended.

It all started with what was thought to be some low-stakes mockery. Normally, the A&M cadets would perform at halftime and show off their military calisthenics. This year, the entire corps did not come to the game, so with only four hundred cadets in attendance, they decided not to perform. But Baylor took it upon themselves to make sure the crowd still got a cadet calisthenics show. Dressed as fake cadets, some Baylor men took to the field and made fun of the military routine of their rivals. This caused blood to boil among the Aggie attendees. Then, to make matters worse, a Ford vehicle full of Baylor women came out onto the field touting signs with previous Baylor football scores on them. This particularly irked the Aggies because of a previous game between Baylor and A&M when a Ford car had nearly collided with some Aggie students during the halftime show. Just the sight of a car was too much for a few to handle.

Two cadets, later identified as W. L. Lee and G. L. Hart, hopped onto the field and sprinted toward the moving vehicle. Lee dove into the car window and grabbed the steering wheel, jostling the car and causing one of the women to fall off the back. The Baylor men then took to the field to protect their women, and mayhem ensued. The young men swung not only fists, but also clubs and parts of the wooden chairs from the stands. It was in this chaos that cadet Charles Milo Sessums was struck by a chair on the left side of his head near midfield, falling flat to the ground. Cadet William Moers Jr. carried him to the first aid station while the band quelled the riot by playing “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Lead Aggie yell leader J.D. Langford apologized to the crowd and made his men swear to stay in their seats thirty minutes after the game ended to avoid further fracas. Things seemed to have settled, and the game continued to its completion, with Baylor winning 20-9.

But soon no one remembered the score. After being checked out at the first aid station, Charles Sessums was taken to Providence Sanitarium. The doctors detected a skull fracture, but medicine had little to offer Charles. His doctors assumed that with rest he would make a full recovery, but sadly he passed away at nine o’clock the next morning due to a blood clot that formed because of the fracture. His parents traveled from Dallas to collect their son’s body, and a funeral was held in their home on November 2, 1926.

Despite an investigation by Pinkerton’s National Detective Agency, the man who struck the fatal blow was never found. Though detective Ila Floyd Benedict narrowed it down to a handful of suspects, he never called for an arrest. In fact, some of the interviews Benedict conducted led him to suspect a cover-up by the town mayor, Dr. H. F. Connally. Relations between the two schools soured in the wake of these events, especially after the Baylor and A&M presidents released a joint statement sharing the blame for the incident. Both student bodies vehemently protested, blamed the other, and called for a cessation of athletic competition between the two schools. Baylor and A&M would not compete in any capacity for five years after this tragic incident.