• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 8/1/2019 at 7:30 PM, ztejas said:

Couldn't resist moseying over to see what they think, there's some good ones here 'We're Overrated in the Coaches Poll"  https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3048751

there is some remarkable self-awareness in that thread.  the thing i most disagree with is the idea they have the hardest schedule.  guaranteed cupcakes ruin that argument.

Couldn't resist moseying over to see what they think, there's some good ones here 'We're Overrated in the Coaches Poll"  https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3048751 

The highlight of that thread is the guy talking about how they can make the playoff with 2 losses as long as they're the right 2 losses (Clemson and Georgia).  Like, no problem, we'll just beat Bama at home and LSU on the road then win a rematch with Georgia in the CCG and we're in.  I also like how Auburn, Miss St, and South Carolina just have no chance whatsoever of beating mighty aggy.

Shit, 6-6 is more likely than that 11-2 scenario.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:49 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Carswell didn't attend aggy for one year. He barely attended for a semester. He didn't even last long enough for them to have captured his portrait for the school yearbook.

Carswell left A&M after less than a semester, returned to Ft. Worth, spent 4 yrs at TCU, and graduated as a member of the TCU class of 1939. The aggys claim his as a member of the A&M class of 1938 (although I can find no aggy claim of association with Carswell between the time he left A&M and his being awarded the MOH. In other words, Carswell meant nothing to the aggys until they could cheapen his memory and sacrifice by using his status as a MOH recipient as a marketing gimmick for Texas A&M).

Shortly after Carswell's death, the letter he had written to be delivered to his wife, in case of his death, was released to the public. In it, he spoke of his love for TCU, and how important his TCU experiences had been in making who he was as an individual. Not a word about Texas A&M.

A few years ago, James Woodall, writing one of the self-centered A&M "military history" books, sent letter after letter to Carwsell's son, Robert Ede Carswell. Carswell refused each and every attempt of Texas A&M to contact him. Obviously, he wanted nothing to do with Texas A&M.

The aggys continue to use Horace Carswell as a marketing gimmick, implicitly claiming association with Texas A&M was material to his life, or his accomplishments. Obviously, that belief is not shared outside of the cult of aggy.

large.372626962_tcucarswellleter.jpeg.60788a7e645a6e51660fd5588a557a92.jpeg

Aggies are fucking pieces of shit.  Their self delusion and blatant dishonesty knows no bounds.  Fuck them and their faux military bullshit. 

SWCFROG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the thing i most disagree with is the idea they have the hardest schedule. 

I think they have the hardest schedule against which to go undefeated because they play the top three teams in the preseason coaches' poll, but you're right, at the end of the season there will likely be some teams that played a schedule comprising teams with a better cumulative W-L than A&M's schedule. There will be teams that didn't dip as low as often as A&M does-- their worst opponent will be better than all three of A&M's non-Clemson non-conference opponents. 

Michigan's schedule consists of more individually difficult games than A&M's; their worst opponent is Rutgers and then Illinois and Illinois should skirt bowl contention. USC's schedule is harder too-- they conceivably start 0-6 and they don't have any cupcakes scheduled. Colorado is probably the next easiest. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

13 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

In fairness, how can one reasonably expect them to know how to celebrate a national championship? 

According to stories their forefathers passed down, there may have been a little 23 Skidoo involved. They clapped and danced the Charleston. Or the Mashed Potato. A little may have been lost as the stories have been told down the generations. 

I want Jimbo to address this at his on-field natty celebration interview.

So in their fantasy world they want Jimbo to talk about how “mean ol’ tu” was overrated in a preseason poll during his post game speech after winning the “natty?”  RENT FREE. 

Met up last night with a few friends.  My wife’s friend was a reasonable aggy in my opinion before last night.  We both started talking about football.  He said he thinks they’ll be 9-3.  I said that could happen.  I said I think they’ll pull one of the four big games and lose one of their toss up games and end up 8-4.  He then asks me what I think the longhorns record will be, and I replied “I think we’ll end up 10-2 hopefully but I can see 9-3”.  He scoffs and says, isn’t that overly optimistic.   Asked me “what makes you think you’ll beat LSU and ou”.  I just looked at him and said “ we beat ou last year, stomped uga, and your shitty ass aggy team beat LSU so I feel good about playing them at home”.  Then he goes on about how we don’t have a quarterback, lost to Kansas, and the normal shit you read on Texags.  I told my wife her friend is a fucking moron after we left.  There are no reasonable aggy.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, victory88 said:

Met up last night with a few friends.  My wife’s friend was a reasonable aggy in my opinion before last night.  We both started talking about football.  He said he thinks they’ll be 9-3.  I said that could happen.  I said I think they’ll pull one of the four big games and lose one of their toss up games and end up 8-4.  He then asks me what I think the longhorns record will be, and I replied “I think we’ll end up 10-2 hopefully but I can see 9-3”.  He scoffs and says, isn’t that overly optimistic.   Asked me “what makes you think you’ll beat LSU and ou”.  I just looked at him and said “ we beat ou last year, stomped uga, and your shitty ass aggy team beat LSU so I feel good about playing them at home”.  Then he goes on about how we don’t have a quarterback, lost to Kansas, and the normal shit you read on Texags.  I told my wife her friend is a fucking moron after we left.  There are no reasonable aggy.

So...you suggested 10-2, he named 2 potential losses, and said you were being unreasonable....

10 hours ago, victory88 said:

Should have pulled up Tucker's game winning field goal on YouTube, and laughed in his face.

20 hours ago, victory88 said:

Did you remind your wife's aggy friend that they're 10-15 against P5 competition their last 25 games?

whoop!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

One of the themes of the article is that residents of Qatar are spend-thrifts who take on debt they can't afford to purchase shiny objects they don't actually need specifically so they can enjoy bragging rights among their neighbors. We can conclude therefore that aggy managed to find some of their own type in the middle east. 

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

One of the themes of the article is that residents of Qatar are spend-thrifts who take on debt they can't afford to purchase shiny objects they don't actually need specifically so they can enjoy bragging rights among their neighbors. We can conclude therefore that aggy managed to find some of their own type in the middle east. 

They don't have slavery in B/CS.  Though I'm sure we'd have no trouble finding people who would like to bring slavery back.

On 8/4/2019 at 1:38 AM, Bevo14 said:

aggy and their conference buttbuddies seem to think they will beat Clemson. That would be pretty wild considering the severe, severe talent disparity between the two teams

Trevor Lawrence had thrown all of 14 collegiate passes before taking the field (as the backup) against aggy.

Lawrence and Clemson are gonna eviscerate Jimbo's boys up there.  

On 8/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, markstanco said:

Clemson -15.5 right now. Looks like it opened at -21.

https://mobile.betonline.ag/sports/offerings?s=Football&l=NCAA&p=0

aggy money bringing down that line.

The Aggies are the new Juggernaut that will stop Alabama and Clemson (at least in the regular season). They get it done this year and it will be a legendary year for their football program. I am sorry LSU fans but this one will hurt.

Too bad they'll lose to Miss St. and Auburn again, causing the SEC to get shut out of the playoffs. Great job aTm, you ruined it for everyone.

Say what? Texas am will lose 4 games this season. So, more average football, despite the insane contract and money that the aggies are pumping into their program. I would agree with you, if it were as simple as just purchasing an sec title, much less a national title, but that's just not how this works, lol. I give jimbo 1 more season after this one until a&m realizes what a huge blunder they made extending such an asinine contract for a coach that has only won 1 natty, and that was only because Jameis Winston was a once in a generation type talent, much like cam newton was. Even with that being said, Texas am is no Florida state. The sec is much tougher than the acc, and the sec west has 3 programs that are better than a&m is...programs that jimbo and the aggies have to deal with every season just to reach atl. Texas am is miss st with more money, plain and simple. They're an average football program that tries to buy their way into the category of the big 6 in the sec, and theyre simply not. This is going to be fun to watch them crash and burn and come to the realization that they're still the same ole a&m, and still the lil bro in Texas. It's gonna be epic.

A&M will beat Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Georgia. I'm sorry this bothers you.

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

Siap....

Most overrated, underrated teams in Coaches Poll

TEXAS A&M (OVERRATED AT NO. 11)

Facing one of college football's most challenging slates this fall, the Aggies are one of only two teams that has to play Clemson, Alabama and Georgia in 2019. Texas A&M endures the second-half of the home-and-home with the defending national champions in Week 2 and also has to travel to Athens and Baton Rouge in November. Can Jimbo Fisher, in Year 2, continue his upward ascension while tip-toeing through this minefield? Just outside the Top 10 in the preseason rankings to begin the season feels extreme high end for the Aggies, who have to replace Trayveon Williams — who set the single-season program record for rushing last fall — and have only one returning starter within the front seven defensively. And we haven't mentioned a secondary that ranked near the bottom of the SEC last fall. 

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Nebraska-Huskers-Florida-Gators-Notre-Dame-Irish-coaches-poll-preseason-overrated-underrated-134162224/#134162224_1 

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

They don't have slavery in B/CS.  Though I'm sure we'd have no trouble finding people who would like to bring slavery back.

The article was in the Daily Caller and they don't appear to have much of an opinion about slavery. The article is more of a warning to be extremely careful if you visit Qatar.

Siap....
Most overrated, underrated teams in Coaches Poll
TEXAS A&M (OVERRATED AT NO. 11)
Facing one of college football's most challenging slates this fall, the Aggies are one of only two teams that has to play Clemson, Alabama and Georgia in 2019. Texas A&M endures the second-half of the home-and-home with the defending national champions in Week 2 and also has to travel to Athens and Baton Rouge in November. Can Jimbo Fisher, in Year 2, continue his upward ascension while tip-toeing through this minefield? Just outside the Top 10 in the preseason rankings to begin the season feels extreme high end for the Aggies, who have to replace Trayveon Williams — who set the single-season program record for rushing last fall — and have only one returning starter within the front seven defensively. And we haven't mentioned a secondary that ranked near the bottom of the SEC last fall. 
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Nebraska-Huskers-Florida-Gators-Notre-Dame-Irish-coaches-poll-preseason-overrated-underrated-134162224/#134162224_1 

That’s a lot of quality losses to claim.
  • Like 1