• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, bigcigar said:
19 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

We are on the precipice of CFB and SEC history.

There’s no way that’s a word.

Well... it would be if he hadn't spelt "prepuce" incorrectly.

Dang. Need to check in on this thread rope cable more often, buncha y'all beat me to it.

Thanks.

Edited by Tex Long

Fellow surly posters, we are about to enter a period of the greatest quality and quantity of aggy misery ever experienced by mankind.  I am thrilled to be able to share this experience with you.  This will be a combination of the long, slow burn of the Fran era combined with the rapid dumpster fire crash of the swagcopter, with a little bit of opening day loss to Arkansas State mixed in.  I pray that we are all able to make it through this period alive and healthy, because I know men have succumbed to lesser doses of aggy misery.  So as we set out into these uncharted waters, I encourage you to take care of yourselves; eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep.  A golden age is upon us.  Enjoy it, my friends.

• Like 2

He'll never do it, but Jimbo Fisher and A&M should take complete advantage of this. Aggies are 2-2, likely to start 3-3. Redshirt a bunch of talent, including Mond. Let younger guys play & develop. Prepare yourself for run in 2020 & 2021. Think outside the box.
GYAefV23_normal.jpgChris Marler  @VerneFUNquist
· Sep 24
This is a really good discussion about using the redshirt rule to your advantage and setting up your team for better success the next year after a rough start. #SECThisMorning
6:35 AM · Sep 24, 2019·TweetDeck 

Another Tweet...

No Tua at Bama, No Joe Burrow at LSU. Take a look at A&M's schedule next year and tell me they can't in theory compete for a national title? If a few kids want to redshirt and be a part of a CFB Playoff run, I'd absolutely embrace it for the Aggies.

6:45 AM · Sep 24, 2019·TweetDeck

Edited by LTtxfan

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Getting in to aggy is obviously 10x easier than an academy so not following how they get in to aggy by dressing up.  That would be like giving scholarships for band.

If you don't quite measure up to the rigorous standards for admission to aggy ( i.e. one of the top students in the 30% who don't get in) you can backdoor in by agreeing to join the Corp.

I don't think no Burrow or Tua is really that big of an advantage against LSU or Bama if you get them at the end of the season. 

No Burrow might theoretically help Texas in September in Baton Rouge but even there I am skeptical. Blue blood teams reload.

I mean last year we got OU with "No Mayfield" and this year we get OU with "No Kyler". Yeah what a big opportunity!

Edited by Valmy77

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
He'll never do it, but Jimbo Fisher and A&M should take complete advantage of this. Aggies are 2-2, likely to start 3-3. Redshirt a bunch of talent, including Mond. Let younger guys play & develop. Prepare yourself for run in 2020 & 2021. Think outside the box.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Waste a season just to realize you are still same old aggy... 

Epic crash and burn even for aggy.

Rollercoaster .v2

There is an aggy anthropology professor who is obsessed with aggy's cult of ancestor worship regarding racist murderer Sul Ross, so he photographs their offerings to the statue of racist murderer Sul Ross during every semester (their tradition is that leaving money helps on tests, somehow). This morning, he commented on the frequency with which Subway cards are now appearing. This seems like a very aggy way to update to the 21st century.

Su-Subway.jpg

Edited by Walden Ponderer
Statute? Seriously, autocorrect? I ain't no duckin' lawyer.

There is an aggy anthropology professor who is obsessed with aggy's cult of ancestor worship regarding racist murderer Sul Ross, so he photographs their offerings to the statue of racist murderer Sul Ross during every semester (their tradition is that leaving money helps on tests, somehow). This morning, he commented on the frequency with which Subway cards are now appearing. This seems like a very aggy way to update to the 21st century.

Su-Subway.thumb.jpg.6e00ab1c75a42ab7bac95800cd537965.jpg

Chapstick?

This is bizarre. For real. This is what ancient people did at the oracle at Delphi and shit.

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a smoker guy. If the fire is at the top of your "smoker" doesn't the smoke go up with the flames and not into the barrel where you want it?

again, I've only seen smokers with the firebox lower than the barrel and the smoke flows across to the exit which is higher and on the other side.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Where’s the jar?

Duh...  Somewhere within a circle of guys.  That thing doesn't fill itself. Even though the glory hole was a huge hit with the all male student body, it was a failure at it's original intent tied to the jar, because true aggy are too polite to spit in public.

1 hour ago, Terry Silver said:

Fellow surly posters, we are about to enter a period of the greatest quality and quantity of aggy misery ever experienced by mankind.  I am thrilled to be able to share this experience with you.  This will be a combination of the long, slow burn of the Fran era combined with the rapid dumpster fire crash of the swagcopter, with a little bit of opening day loss to Arkansas State mixed in.  I pray that we are all able to make it through this period alive and healthy, because I know men have succumbed to lesser doses of aggy misery.  So as we set out into these uncharted waters, I encourage you to take care of yourselves; eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep.  A golden age is upon us.  Enjoy it, my friends.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Those dumb fucks simply create their narratives out of thin air. The world they live in has no connection with the actual historical record.

but no one, in my opinion, has the passion and dedication as Aggies do for Aggie Bonfire.

Anyone can build a pile of wood and set it on fire.

It's the hard work, safety, respect, dedication, and love Aggies pour into the structure itself that makes all the difference.

large.937994039_dhsaggyreport.jpeg.93fab20522bb936d4d53ca2c623c6761.jpeg

22 hours ago, Boogaloo said:

Dealt with a truck driver that hated aggy so much that anytime he was remotely near Texas and knew he'd be passing through College Station , he'd save up his dirty old piss jugs in his sleeper and once he was passing through on 6 in the city limits he'd start carpet bombing with his jugs out the window.... So there is that 

I believe he posts here under the handle @Scholz

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a smoker guy. If the fire is at the top of your "smoker" doesn't the smoke go up with the flames and not into the barrel where you want it?

again, I've only seen smokers with the firebox lower than the barrel and the smoke flows across to the exit which is higher and on the other side.

There's a smoker out there called a KBQ with firebox on top but uses channel and fan to pull smoke through the fire into smokebox -  claims to burn the impurities out for cleaner flavor.  Makes pretty tasty ribs for sure.  That aggy thing seems like aggy engineering - ie broken.  

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Su-Subway.jpg

I will walk across the grass,  leave Subway coupons on there and take the gift cards. I suppose that would be 'Bad Bull' 

2 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

I am a smoker guy, this is not how to do BBQ, but perhaps based upon the shape of the vent, it looks like they are celebrating the human sacrifice bonfire catastrophe.

This has got to be a troll job...no way its real.

https://news.utexas.edu/texas-vs-texas-am-football-game/

The Texas–Texas A&M football rivalry was played every year between 1915 and 2011, until A&M left the Big 12 Conference to join the Southeastern Conference. Texas leads the series 76–37–5.

The University of Texas recently extended an invitation to Texas A&M to resume their rivalry and play a home-and-home in 2022-23, but the Aggies declined.

The last time the two teams played was in 2011 when the Longhorns posted a 27-25 victory in College Station.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Su-Subway.jpg

Cargo Cult on the Brazos

Last spasm of prosperity dates to the same period and just as likely to return.

Edited by sushihorn

6 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Fuck those guys. Zero upside to playing them. Austin sure as shit doesn’t need their tourist dollars and aggy can just fuck their own faces in general. 

every part of that tweet that matters is wrong, though

you'd think a professional journalist would frame it that way instead of credulously saying "DURRRR AGGIE GETS IT, ORANGE MEN BAD"

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

every part of that tweet that matters is wrong, though

you'd think a professional journalist would frame it that way instead of credulously saying "DURRRR AGGIE GETS IT, ORANGE MEN BAD"

Agree  The aggy AD is pandering to his base. Trying to correct aggy though is a complete waste of time. The aggy cult of victimhood is embedded in their DNA.