Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

That is just how the national championship worked back then. At least the 1939 team knew they had just won the national championship and got to celebrate that. The 1927 and 1919 players all went to their graves not knowing what they would one day be declared retroactively to have won.
it didn't show up on their scoreboards?

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
9 hours ago, msucolt45 said:
“Our Jimbo talks tha fastest during interviews = he’s smarter than most” - aggy.

con men talk fast

It’s called deflection and sidetracking. You know, leading the the narrative without letting anyone get a word in.

Edited by Wishbone

35 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

At first I just glossed over this. Then I looked at it again. And again. I had to be sure what I was seeing. It seems like they were avoiding the play. A lot of questions in that shot. Were they in “quit mode”, or what? Mind bottling.

Your post made me go look. 21 to 17 with 10;34 to go in the 3rd. Whaley TD from the 11 yard line. Unbelievable. We should show that to recruits because that is some weak ass shit. Rough tough real stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigSwingingD said:

Your post made me go look. 21 to 17 with 10;34 to go in the 3rd. Whaley TD from the 11 yard line. Unbelievable. We should show that to recruits because that is some weak ass shit. Rough tough real stuff.

Yeah, those players wanted nothing to do with that play. It’s almost like when you see a team sometimes that allows a score in order to save time when a score is inevitable and they want enough time to answer. But with the score what it was, and the time left on the clock, that isn’t the case here.

6 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Yeah, those players wanted nothing to do with that play. It’s almost like when you see a team sometimes that allows a score in order to save time when a score is inevitable and they want enough time to answer. But with the score what it was, and the time left on the clock, that isn’t the case here.

I think the DB that pulled up legitimately thought "well, I can't tackle him to stop him from scoring, so...." and gave up. Which-- you could cause a fumble, you could punish the guy and make him earn it-- nope! All good. Live to pretend fight another day!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

Ed Simonini... 

I think anybody my age or older has heard of him. Great player. 

In the 1974 game, freshman Earl Campbell ran over Simonini in front of the Texas bench. I was an acquaintance of a Texas walk-on QB who told me the Longhorns were yelling at the Aggie, "Get up, Ed. You're an All-American!"

Simonini was good, but he was pretty insufferable. RIP

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

Big Dumpster Fire fans just don’t recognize powerful fast SEC defense when they see it. These guys are on a different level. 

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

No lie, I've heard aggy hate that B/CS is labeled as "east Texas". They think they're Central Texas, right in there with the hill country. 

So according to aggy they are hillbillies

43 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hell he was just put in the SEC Hall of Fame.

So you don't actually have to play in the SEC to get put in their Hall of Fame?  Sounds a lot like aggy's conference champiomships

I'm doing some research on college football and ran across some interesting numbers concerning the unequal media distributions that aggys claim were so egregious, and that were one of the major reasons A&M left for the SEC and "equal distributions"

Below are the numbers for the Big 12 media distributions for the 2007-2008 fiscal year. Note the difference between the Burnt Orange Satan, and poor, innocent and beaten aggy. For that matter note the discrepancy from the highest to the lowest.

I pulled up the latest IRS filing for the S!E!C! to see what the discrepancy between the S!E!C! school receiving the highest conference rights payout (Univ of Florida) and Texas A&M in a conference where "equal distributions" were so important. That amount for the latest filing was $2.454 million.

(Form 990, Schedule A, available here: https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/630377461/201900319349300310/IRS990)

Yep, just as one would expect, while aggy claims one major reason they left the Big 12 was because of "unfair unequal distributions" precipitated entirely bu Deloss Dodds and UT, the gap between what they were paid while in the Big 12 and what the highest paid member receives was less than the gap between whatthe highest paid S!E!C! member currently receives and what Texas A&M currently receives.

large.1550206821_2007-2008Big12unequaldistributions.jpeg.63d4a43e0cac13eaa034d6689a4c2953.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

So do we know what year it was eventually converted into an insane asylum?

Did you notice it was a group of "12" legislators?

The ags insist it was the big meanies from UT who wanted to shut down the agricultural branch college and relocate it to the main campus. In reality, it was Colquitt (then governor) and two former A&M school presidents, as well as the state's ranching industry leaders who were promoting the idea.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TexasMan said:

No lie, I've heard aggy hate that B/CS is labeled as "east Texas". They think they're Central Texas, right in there with the hill country. 

have to agree with aggy on this, East Texas starts at Interstate 45. I think we've discussed this on this thread before though. 

18 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

have to agree with aggy on this, East Texas starts at Interstate 45. I think we've discussed this on this thread before though. 

By being wannabe Southerners instead of Texans they are aligned with the eastern part of the state that way at least.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I still think it's funny that the "Agricultural" school is located on the worst soil in the state. I mean, sure, you can grow stuff there (I grew plenty), but you have to use a shit-ton of, well, shit, to do it. But on its own? Yeesh, nothing worth growing outside of yaupon and burrs.

maybe that's why they hooked up the dorm sewage pipe the way they did

Texas A&M University has discovered a sewage leak on campus that apparently began in 2017, university officials announced Wednesday.

A sanitary sewer line from Whitely Hall had been improperly connected to a storm drain after renovations were completed in August, according to a statement released by the university.

The university said an estimated 1.18 million gallons of sanitary sewer effluent flowed into detention ponds on the campus golf course and into Wolf Pen Creek over the course of eight months

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

maybe that's why they hooked up the dorm sewage pipe the way they did

Texas A&M University has discovered a sewage leak on campus that apparently began in 2017, university officials announced Wednesday.

A sanitary sewer line from Whitely Hall had been improperly connected to a storm drain after renovations were completed in August, according to a statement released by the university.

The university said an estimated 1.18 million gallons of sanitary sewer effluent flowed into detention ponds on the campus golf course and into Wolf Pen Creek over the course of eight months

Connecting sewage line to storm drain - check.

Storm drain flowing in to open air retention ponds - check.

Open air retention ponds ON A GOLF COURSE - check.

AND NOBODY NOTICED FOR 8 MONTHS - check.

That, is full aggy.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, that campus was already crawling with pieces of shit.

In all honesty, there was also a sewage spill on the UT campus that went undetected for almost two years. Believe me, mention the 1.2 million gallons of sewage that spilled on the A&M campus over eight months and the aggys will come out of the swamps to bleat about the spill on the UT campus.

So 1.2 million gallons on the aggy campus, but we can't say anything because UT also had a sewage spill. Of approximately 1,300 gallons of wastewater. Over two years.

So, 5,000 gallons of raw sewage pour every day onto the aggy campus for months, and no one can tell the difference in how the campus smelled. But the aggys insist that was ok because a "similar" spill on the UT campus sent an average of 1.8 gallons/day (less than half a bucket) of wastewater into Waller Creek.

According to redneck logic, 5,000 gallons of stagnant raw sewage introduced on the campus each and every day for months is exactly the same as 1.8 gallons flowing down a creek? According to USGS data, Waller Creek at Red River flows about 8 cubic feet per second. 1.8 gallons is about 1/4 cubic foot. The daily discharge of the leak on the UT campus was 1/32 of one second's flow down the creek. And no one could tell the difference in how the campus smelled.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv?site_no=08157540

Edited by Randolph Duke

The gomers hockey team has announced they are forfeiting the entire upcoming season. Seems the entire team drown during spring training.

Correct me I’m wrong but “dumb aggy” jokes used to be thing that they embraced. When I was a kid I lived next door to some aggy fans and they had hacky joke books about aggy being dumb. Kind of like dumb
blonde or Polish people jokes. I guess at some point they decided they didn’t want that reputation.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I still think it's funny that the "Agricultural" school is located on the worst soil in the state. I mean, sure, you can grow stuff there (I grew plenty), but you have to use a shit-ton of, well, shit, to do it. But on its own? Yeesh, nothing worth growing outside of yaupon and burrs.

Relocation reparations are indeed due.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Relocation reparations are indeed due.

spacer.png

77-0 vs OU? 27-25? Last year's Bama game? This year's Clemson game? This year's Arky game? This year's Auburn game? The bowl game vs Wake Forest? When they finally had to admit they were in fact the agricultural branch of the University of Texas?

I know this looks familiar.

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

77-0 vs OU? 27-25? Last year's Bama game? This year's Clemson game? This year's Arky game? This year's Auburn game? The bowl game vs Wake Forest? When they finally had to admit they were in fact the agricultural branch of the University of Texas?

I know this looks familiar.

Fish Camp actually.   Ran out of time after too much Kool Aid.

• Like 2