Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

I posted a few weeks ago about my red ass neighbors taking down their flags after their loss. Latest update, they still have not returned the flags to "Their Place of Honor". My L$U neighbor however has invited me to a watch party however when they get the gomers at home. Fun times in the neighborhood. 

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Whenever aggys want to bleat about Jimbo, remember the approach Clemson and Dabo took to getting their program where they wanted it to be.

Two completely different approaches. One has been proven successful. And then there is aggy.

Clemson’s Moneyball: Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney is paid less so his assistants can make more

• BY TRAVIS SAWCHIK || tsawchik@postandcourier.com
  • Apr 11, 2012

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson-s-moneyball-clemson-football-coach-dabo-swinney-is-paid/article_705387d0-9beb-567c-8cce-acea443eb4f3.html

-

“We don’t have unlimited resources,” Swinney said. “I’m well paid. Clemson has been very good to me. I’m foregoing money, but it’s not about me, it’s about the big picture of where I want this program to go. I’m trying to create a situation where I can have the best staff in the country, and when guys leave for better opportunities, head coaching jobs or whatever, we’ll be able to attract great coaches here and keep great coaches here.

“It’s taken a little bit of sacrifice to get the foundation in place like I want.”

Jimbo Fisher’s $75 million A&M contract is even more hilariously one-sided than you thought

By Alex Kirshner@alex_kirshner Aug 22, 2018, 1:43pm EDT

Edited by Randolph Duke

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

sometimes we say something is "always good for a laugh" and we don't really mean that we legitimately laugh when we see it

this, though-- this makes me laugh every fucking time I read it. Fucking Aggie goober lawyers

Screen_Shot_2018_08_22_at_1.29.27_PM.png

aggy lawyers: *spread ass cheeks*

42 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

sometimes we say something is "always good for a laugh" and we don't really mean that we legitimately laugh when we see it

this, though-- this makes me laugh every fucking time I read it. Fucking Aggie goober lawyers

I know that it is funny to think of some incompetent aggie lawyer drafting that contract, but it is even funnier to realize that Jimbo's agent absolutely knew their position and had his own layer draft that contract and force John Sharp to sign it.

Just now, Orange&White said:

Jimbo's agent absolutely knew their position and had his own layer draft that contract and force John Sharp to sign it.

I'm pretty sure that language came from A&M. It reads like the kind of dumbshit pointless 'yeah but' language the potentially aggrieved party inserts in contracts-- we don't have any recourse if you fuck us but that wouldn't be nice cause this is a big deal to us so pretty please don't do that. It would not surprise me even a little if Sharp himself wrote it and the lawyers just edited it for clarity. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I know that it is funny to think of some incompetent aggie lawyer drafting that contract, but it is even funnier to realize that Jimbo's agent absolutely knew their position and had his own layer draft that contract and force John Sharp to sign it.

If you want a real laugh, keep in mind A&M paid FSU $5mil to by out Jimbo's contract and then gave Jimbo a contract with no future buyout.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

The alliance started with a goal to better serve students in Brazos County who had hopes of attending the flagship Texas A&M University, but for whatever reasons just couldn’t get in.

Well shit, that's exactly what the goal of a top research university should be!

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Jimmy Sexton is really good at his job

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Damn!

$90.4M just to get Jimbo on campus, and not even bringing up assistant coach buyouts and contracts.

A&M's assistant coaching pool I think is 3rd in the country behind Ohio State and Clemson at about $6.8m

like 200k ahead of Auburn and 900k ahead of Texas

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that is the funniest fucking thing I have ever seen in a contract.  its like sending your new hot girlfriend that you can't believe is dating you a letter that says "I am glad we are dating and in a committed relationship. To that end, I am putting in a lot of time, money and effort to keep you as my hot ass girlfriend so please don't break up with me."

I promise you aggy will spin this as a success if Jimbo just finishes the contract, has a winning record and then bolts.  "See he really did want to coach here!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

that is the funniest fucking thing I have ever seen in a contract.  its like sending your new hot girlfriend that you can't believe is dating you a letter that says "I am glad we are dating and in a committed relationship. To that end, I am putting in a lot of time, money and effort to keep you as my hot ass girlfriend so please don't break up with me."

Spot on. I am not a lawyer but I've edited and negotiated my share of contracts, and I've seen shit like this. It doesn't come from the best and brightest at the table.

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I mean Jimbo could simply do this for the next 8.5 seasons, right:

yes but he still needs to keep it within 14 against Clemson and give Alabama "ZOMG ITS CLOSEST GAME OF TEH REGALAR SEASON"

not because of his contract but because he'll want to fleece another set of fucking dipshit yokels when this grift is over

hey how's that Tennessee job lookin?

I'm pretty sure that language came from A&M. It reads like the kind of dumbshit pointless 'yeah but' language the potentially aggrieved party inserts in contracts-- we don't have any recourse if you fuck us but that wouldn't be nice cause this is a big deal to us so pretty please don't do that. It would not surprise me even a little if Sharp himself wrote it and the lawyers just edited it for clarity. 
well you would know aggy boy
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, demos said:

Yes, now let that sink in.

Remember, it’s 70% of the students who couldn’t get admitted to higher rated schools and had to settle for applying to aggy.

I checked the THECB Almanacs and, as expected, the percentage of top 10% students admitted to aggy has been declining over the past few years. It is now barely over 50%. 

So, according to that article, there is large population of students who "couldn't get in" to the main campus? Is this the same main campus that accepts like 70+% of applicants?

Yes, now let that sink in.
Remember, it’s 70% of the students who couldn’t get admitted to higher rated schools and had to settle for applying to aggy.
I checked the THECB Almanacs and, as expected, the percentage of top 10% students admitted to aggy has been declining over the past few years. It is now barely over 50%. 
y'all are over thinking this. now who might this large population of students that "could not get in to campus" be?

could not get in to campus does not necessarrillaryyy mean they were not admitted to aggy.

now for years aggy has been receiving letters from fans of opposing teams who got lost and could not find kroger field and were helped by a kindly aggy that showed them the way to kroger field and because of this THEIR CHILDREN WERE GOING TO GO TO aggy. this large population of students that "couldn't get in" to main campus ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE PEOPLE THAT WROTE THESE LETTERS!

they have been admitted to aggy but can't get into main campus BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT!

OU sucks

3772d06c3cfdd83a004d8821f5e7b9d1.gif784f45614710aa263496fd81b1dece1d.jpgb93869712d4cd2514c2ac164886105bc.gif1bcab1327ff0a0e7255ef65950f5720d.gifd023999c4b675c40b22c8635fc1e993f.jpga02b85c609fb83121a287dfded1434d5.jpgedf6afd8b167837bfd078e55691f56e3.jpg081d1ee079af47705d20abfbf7c704fa.jpgf5f1624e9841706d994bef7bda648c4f.jpgb8c3e792f4a17da4d3b7cd23d4ae9b5a.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

yes but he still needs to keep it within 14 against Clemson and give Alabama "ZOMG ITS CLOSEST GAME OF TEH REGALAR SEASON"
not because of his contract but because he'll want to fleece another set of fucking dipshit yokels when this grift is over
hey how's that Tennessee job lookin?
lulz are you on dope? did candy turn you down?
is vic there?

sure you live in college station but what makes you think jimbo want's to stay in that shithole.

30bdc26bbc05bd9b92078f34990290bb.jpg0e85b6330c6b5a966ee48633c5b1acbf.jpg
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:36 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

At Texas A&M, an experiment in education access (AAS):

BRYAN — Three and a half years ago, these 2,000 acres were an embarrassment to the Texas A&M University System.

Sweatergod, thought this was in reference to the main campus. Should’ve known better though, as the main campus is still an embarrassment to the system

• Like 1

The schadenfreude regarding aggy's infantile reaction to Herbstreit's comments last weekend and the fact Jimbo hasn't proved to be "Miracle Jimbo Jesus" is really making my week.

They know something is extremely wrong in aggyland, but suffering from only having an aggy-level intellect, they will never figure it out on their own.

They want some mythical stadium experience and win/loss record from the 1990s, when they were still reaping the benefits of cheating so blatantly they barely escaped the death penalty. Being aggys, they can't figure out the correlation between their cheating and their above average performance. Being aggys, they alse can't acknowledge the demographics of the state of Texas have changed markedly since the 1990s, and aggy culture hasn't.

Not everyone today accepts forced conformity to redneck, white trash culture imposed upon them by pimple faced cosplayers dressed in Spanish-American War costumes. Some people go to college to get an education, not to have insipid "traditions" forced upon them. Texas A&M is a public university. The university has a duty to the students. The students have no duty to the university, including respecting antiquated redneck fairy tale culture.

Overzealous aggys need to grow the fuck up and realize their are the school's biggest problem, in both athletics and academics. Culture changed, and the overzealous, low-IQ contingent that has long dominated aggy culture hasn't. Shut up and take the loss, pussys!

This is what happens when you think you can prevent changes in demographics and culture over decades of time. The limited aggy intellect simply can't understand in the long run, the aggy "tradition" fanatics will lose. Traditions that survive are ones that evolve and change as the overall culture changes.

Hell, do aggy think we are any less thankful at Thanksgiving because half of us aren't dressed in breechcloth, and carrying bowls of succotash while the other half are shining up the big buckles on our shoes and brushing up our pilgrim hats?

• Like 3

Sometimes I wonder of Randy Duke isn't some sort of inception level, double top secret aggie.

Although his message his very true and hilarious and sad, he is also shining the light on the aggie problems and some of them are starting to realize it.

So, in the end, Randy might be the one that actually causes aggies to fix themselves.

28 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The schadenfreude regarding aggy's infantile reaction to Herbstreit's comments last weekend and the fact Jimbo hasn't proved to be "Miracle Jimbo Jesus" is really making my week.

They know something is extremely wrong in aggyland, but suffering from only having an aggy-level intellect, they will never figure it out on their own.

They want some mythical stadium experience and win/loss record from the 1990s, when they were still reaping the benefits of cheating so blatantly they barely escaped the death penalty. Being aggys, they can't figure out the correlation between their cheating and their above average performance. Being aggys, they alse can't acknowledge the demographics of the state of Texas have changed markedly since the 1990s, and aggy culture hasn't.

Not everyone today accepts forced conformity to redneck, white trash culture imposed upon them by pimple faced cosplayers dressed in Spanish-American War costumes. Some people go to college to get an education, not to have insipid "traditions" forced upon them. Texas A&M is a public university. The university has a duty to the students. The students have no duty to the university, including respecting antiquated redneck fairy tale culture.

Overzealous aggys need to grow the fuck up and realize their are the school's biggest problem, in both athletics and academics. Culture changed, and the overzealous, low-IQ contingent that has long dominated aggy culture hasn't. Shut up and take the loss, pussys!

This is what happens when you think you can prevent changes in demographics and culture over decades of time. The limited aggy intellect simply can't understand in the long run, the aggy "tradition" fanatics will lose. Traditions that survive are ones that evolve and change as the overall culture changes.

Hell, do aggy think we are any less thankful at Thanksgiving because half of us aren't dressed in breechcloth, and carrying bowls of succotash while the other half are shining up the big buckles on our shoes and brushing up our pilgrim hats?

Forgive me, but I am by the day joining the ranks of the olds on here.    

Was aggy really that close to getting the death penalty during that era?   I guess maybe I forgot about  some of their outlaw behavior due to fact OuSux and their academic and criminal behavior during the later part of the Switzer years going into the 90's kind of got the focus.  How in the world that program avoided the death penalty is beyond comprehension?  They did stuff that made SMU's conduct look like traffic violations.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Forgive me, but I am by the day joining the ranks of the olds on here.    

Was aggy really that close to getting the death penalty during that era?   I guess maybe I forgot about  some of their outlaw behavior due to fact OuSux and their academic and criminal behavior during the later part of the Switzer years going into the 90's kind of got the focus.  How in the world that program avoided the death penalty is beyond comprehension?  They did stuff that made SMU's conduct look like traffic violations.  

I can't believe people still think we make this stuff up.

Here are two articles. Look at the dates. The first (1991) laments the aggy program not getting the death penalty for their past deeds. The second one (1992) talks about players still getting caught for taking payments a year after the press was outraged for not assessing the death penalty to the aggy program.

aggy cheated like crazy during that period, which was the only reason they were able to field a decent team.

large.57623400_aggyescapedeathpenaltycopyjpg.jpg.5c115cafa63c1a061e3c262d64317cce.jpg

large.1235957160_aggyfootballdeathpenaltiescopyjpg.jpg.648796ace9449630cce65365698aa4eb.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Was aggy really that close to getting the death penalty during that era? 

Indeed. You had to be "convicted" of major violations twice in a five-year window. They got it in '88 and '94, but the '94 probation was for shit they did from 90-92 and that shit was the same shit they'd already been busted for-- the NCAA nailed them on "lack of institutional control" in both instances. 

Not to mention, the basketball program got fucking nuked in '91. 

They were close.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Sometimes I wonder of Randy Duke isn't some sort of inception level, double top secret aggie.

Although his message his very true and hilarious and sad, he is also shining the light on the aggie problems and some of them are starting to realize it.

So, in the end, Randy might be the one that actually causes aggies to fix themselves.

I encourage aggys to fix themselves as a solution to the problem ( it would at least cure the inbreeding problems they have). Tell those idiots cutting off their own balls after yell practice the week of the Alabama game is the most sacred aggy turdition ever.

Should I get credit for aggys cutting their balls off and no longer being able to breed, I will consider all my efforts worthwhile.

large.1706086234_aggyhitler.jpeg.018b55fcfd757605e4cebe53c69a12af.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not everyone today accepts forced conformity to redneck, white trash culture imposed upon them by pimple faced cosplayers dressed in Spanish-American War costumes. Some people go to college to get an education, not to have insipid "traditions" forced upon them.

Let's be clear, though. Not everyone accepted forced conformity to idiocy then, either. We've always been the bigger brand, even if we wandered in the wilderness far too long (while they cheated).

44 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I can't believe people still think we make this stuff up.

Here are two articles. Look at the dates. The first (1991) laments the aggy program not getting the death penalty for their past deeds. The second one (1992) talks about players still getting caught for taking payments a year after the press was outraged for not assessing the death penalty to the aggy program.

aggy cheated like crazy during that period, which was the only reason they were able to field a decent team.

large.57623400_aggyescapedeathpenaltycopyjpg.jpg.5c115cafa63c1a061e3c262d64317cce.jpg

large.1235957160_aggyfootballdeathpenaltiescopyjpg.jpg.648796ace9449630cce65365698aa4eb.jpg

Too clarify,  I recall the aggy mess ....   I just kind of forgot the end game and if it did indeed rise to the level where they almost got the axe.  

Like I said... I'm getting olds.