Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Is College Station too nice?Posted on 10/18/19 at 10:02 pm
bkm1.png
I was very disappointed by college station last weekend. I liked the campus and of course the athletic facilities, but the city was rundown looking.

Tuscaloosa may have its eyesore areas, but the central city around campus and downtown are very nice. That may be the case with CSB too, but I must have missed those areas.

I drove in on 190 from I-45. And straight into campus from Bryan.

Ya don't say!

• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
So, why is aggy spending two nights in Oxford, Miss this weekend?  
It looks like the team flew to Memphis last night.

2 night stays are rare among weekend travel in College Football (accommodation costs, so forth.)

Read more  

I hear tell from the ag school types around here (gaytors) that the sheep are FINE around Oxford. WHOOP uh CHOMP!

I hear tell it's so the players can have an extra day around fewer Klansmen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, why is aggy spending two nights in Oxford, Miss this weekend?  

It looks like the team flew to Memphis last night.

2 night stays are rare among weekend travel in College Football (accommodation costs, so forth.)

they flew in to acclimate to the elevation, you stupid sip

• Like 1

It's amazing that the best game the SEC can muster up for their 2:30 national broadcast is LSU vs. MSU. The same MSU that was taken to the wood shed by a really shitty KSU team. 7 weeks into the season and the SEC doesn't have 1 fucking intriguing match up to showcase the conference.

That same MSU that a barely above average Auburn destroyed. They’re trying to get eyeballs on Burrow. They want the Heisman back.

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Is College Station too nice?Posted on 10/18/19 at 10:02 pm
bkm1.png
I was very disappointed by college station last weekend. I liked the campus and of course the athletic facilities, but the city was rundown looking.

Tuscaloosa may have its eyesore areas, but the central city around campus and downtown are very nice. That may be the case with CSB too, but I must have missed those areas.

I drove in on 190 from I-45. And straight into campus from Bryan.

Ya don't say!

College Station is a rundown shithole gas station surrounding a run down molded Soviet shit factory. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

fucking WHY? A&M's campus is overrun with weeds, ugly architecture, and Aggies

How DARE you speak of "beautiful scenery and the greatest lifestyle available in the United States" in such a manner.

Stupid sips can't recognize opulent wealth when you see it. Whoop!

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/History_of_Texas_A%26M_University

large.169465999_4aggycampuspics.jpeg.1d589975ec16edc369effe26f87a6ac9.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

fucking WHY? A&M's campus is overrun with weeds, ugly architecture, and Aggies
there are no aggies in college station. people from ucdavis don't go there you stupid aggy. why go all the way to far east Texas to see shit on the sidewalks when San Francisco is so much closer.

Randomly perusing the Aggy board:

"If we looked at it objectively there are two real benefits from playing in the SEC. And one, while important, is all in our own heads.

1-$$$. That is objective and quantifiable. I am in the minority with this opinion, but I really get such tired head of this argument. I really dont care about how many gold plated toilets we build. If we were in B10, SEC, or B12 we would be fine. IF we made $ 45M with SEC but only $ 39M with another conference, I don't care. The dick measuring fans have over money is quite stupid. I do understand the importance, but at the top 2-3 levels of the P5, it is all pretty much the same. However, more is indeed more so I do get that people care a lot about it. I just don't put a lot of stock in it in the relative terms of the top conferences.

2-getting away from the Austinites. OK, I also get it. We get an ego trip from it compared to always being their little brother. It is also my (Extreme) minority opinion to not care about this. I really enjoy playing them. And YES our home games are way way way better. But is losing to 3-4 SEC teams a year really better? We have 100k fans watch us get run in our building. And it happens pretty much 2-3 times per season.

ISU is a bad, not exciting team. I get it. So is KU, KSU, etc. But, the end result is what we should be after and that is winning conferences and (Dare I say) NC's. Our path is significantly more difficult in the SEC. And that is for a program like ours that historically never rises to the occasion.

To me, we are a Texas program. Not a southern program.

I'd be willing to forgo all the money and the presitge of playing in SEC to re-write history and play against our historic rivals. AND have a better path to conference and national championships.

Too late now. We would NEVER change and I get that.

But as years, losses, insignificance mounts, I feel stronger that our own inferiority complexes have led us to be buried in the middle of a better conference and prevent us from playing natural rivals and our history."

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LTbear said:

But as years, losses, insignificance mounts, I feel stronger that our own inferiority complexes have led us to be buried in the middle of a better conference and prevent us from playing natural rivals and our history."

Looks like Rover is going to be coming for somebody soon:

FlashyFoolishFallowdeer-size_restricted.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LTbear said:

"If we looked at it objectively there are two real benefits from playing in the SEC. And one, while important, is all in our own heads.

1-$$$. That is objective and quantifiable. I am in the minority with this opinion, but I really get such tired head of this argument. I really dont care about how many gold plated toilets we build. If we were in B10, SEC, or B12 we would be fine. IF we made $ 45M with SEC but only $ 39M with another conference, I don't care. The dick measuring fans have over money is quite stupid. I do understand the importance, but at the top 2-3 levels of the P5, it is all pretty much the same. However, more is indeed more so I do get that people care a lot about it. I just don't put a lot of stock in it in the relative terms of the top conferences.

2-getting away from the Austinites. OK, I also get it. We get an ego trip from it compared to always being their little brother. It is also my (Extreme) minority opinion to not care about this. I really enjoy playing them. And YES our home games are way way way better. But is losing to 3-4 SEC teams a year really better? We have 100k fans watch us get run in our building. And it happens pretty much 2-3 times per season.

ISU is a bad, not exciting team. I get it. So is KU, KSU, etc. But, the end result is what we should be after and that is winning conferences and (Dare I say) NC's. Our path is significantly more difficult in the SEC. And that is for a program like ours that historically never rises to the occasion.

I'd be willing to forgo all the money and the presitge of playing in SEC to re-write history and play against our historic rivals. AND have a better path to conference and national championships.

Deloss Dodds told them so, but the pompous dumbfucks wouldn’t listen. 

• Like 1

Eh, not all that much evolution occurring here.  Still believing they'd perform better in the B12 than in the SEC when history clearly indicates otherwise.  Still calling out "boring" B12 opponents like ISU, Kansas, and KSU, as if Miss State, Ole Miss, and Arkansas are any better.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Eh, not all that much evolution occurring here.  Still believing they'd perform better in the B12 than in the SEC when history clearly indicates otherwise.  Still calling out "boring" B12 opponents like ISU, Kansas, and KSU, as if Miss State, Ole Miss, and Arkansas are any better.  

MSU and K State are basically interchangeable, generic mascots in small college towns in low populated states that are rarely mentioned when talking about college football outside of their respective states.

Kansas is a flagship university/basketball school near a BBQ city.

Ole Miss is a flagship university/tailgating school near a BBQ city.

Arkansas over ISU historically but not lately.

Unless you count schools that were forced to go from Independent to a conference when independence stopped being a viable path forward, it's really hard to find schools that have improved their performance on the field by changing conferences. The best these schools can hope for is for their whiny crybaby fanbases to be so happy to have left a big mean bully behind that they don't notice things on the field are worse (Nebraska), and to tread water on the field. 

Or if you want to dig through the entire history of the sport to say "OHIO STATE IS WAY BETTER SINCE JOINING THE BIG TEN IN 1913!", I guess that would count. 

Arkansas, Utah, Colorado, West Virginia, TCU, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, Missouri, Texas A&M, etc etc. 

Unless you count schools that were forced to go from Independent to a conference when independence stopped being a viable path forward, it's really hard to find schools that have improved their performance on the field by changing conferences. The best these schools can hope for is for their whiny crybaby fanbases to be so happy to have left a big mean bully behind that they don't notice things on the field are worse (Nebraska), and to tread water on the field. 
Or if you want to dig through the entire history of the sport to say "OHIO STATE IS WAY BETTER SINCE JOINING THE BIG TEN IN 1913!", I guess that would count. 
Arkansas, Utah, Colorado, West Virginia, TCU, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, Missouri, Texas A&M, etc etc. 
moooooooo eh aggy

15 hours ago, LTbear said:

I hope this guy took steps to hide his ISP, location and all that jazz.  He's going to have a price on his head.

4 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Of that list, the big winner has to be TCU, no question.

• Like 2

aggy Boycott of USA Today begins today!  

Opinion: 7 worst deals among college football coaches contracts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/10/22/college-football-7-worst-deals-among-coaches-contracts/4000951002/

1. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M

Total 2019 compensation: $7.5 million

Contract end date: Dec. 31, 2027

Buyout: $60.6 million 

Why the school paid so much: Since joining the SEC in 2012, Texas A&M’s answer to every problem has been to throw money at it. So when it was time to jettison Kevin Sumlin, who earned a hefty $10.4 million buyout himself with no offset provision if he took a new job, the Aggies were going to do whatever it took to get a coach with “national champion” on his résumé. And, clearly, it took a lot. For Texas A&M, though, just being able to pull Fisher away from a blueblood program in Florida State was an achievement in and of itself for a school that enjoys genuflecting in its financial strength as much as it does winning on the field. 

Why it’s a bad contract: Massively overrated to start this season, Texas A&M will finish 7-5 if its remaining games go as expected. That means Fisher’s first two years won’t be much different record-wise than Sumlin’s final two. Though recruiting has gone well for Fisher, there’s a legitimate question about whether his best days as an offensive innovator/quarterback guru are behind him. When you look at the evolution of programs like Alabama and LSU, Fisher’s pro style system looks like a relic and relies heavily on a complicated playbook that not all quarterbacks can handle. As we saw late in his tenure at Florida State and early this season, Fisher’s offense falls apart without a great offensive line. If Fisher can’t evolve the way other top programs have, Texas A&M will be paying an above-market rate mostly for the national championship he won with another school. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GringoSalado said:

Typically fly into Memphis to visit Oxford. Central BBQ was pretty good the one time I tried it.

My sarc meter on the fritz again?

Ah gotcha. No sarc...was curious if there was a hidden gem somewhere around Oxford or in the delta. I’ve had the ribs and pulled pork sammich at Central and was pleased. 

11 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

aggy Boycott of USA Today begins today!  

Opinion: 7 worst deals among college football coaches contracts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/10/22/college-football-7-worst-deals-among-coaches-contracts/4000951002/

Best quote on if Jimbo doesn't get it done - "Texas A&M will be paying an above-market rate mostly for the national championship he won with another school."

• Like 2

For Texas A&M, though, just being able to pull Fisher away from a blueblood program in Florida State was an achievement in and of itself for a school that enjoys genuflecting in its financial strength as much as it does winning on the field. 

Guessing Wolken and Klatt won't be invited to BCS anytime soon. 

29 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Guessing Wolken and Klatt won't be invited to BCS anytime soon. 

For Texas A&M, though, just being able to pull Fisher away from a blueblood program in Florida State was an achievement in and of itself for a school that enjoys genuflecting in its financial strength more than it does winning on the field. 

fifthem