Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

12 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Has anyone seen this week’s fake aggy “I visited College Station to see the game at Kyle Field and was amazed at the bestestest fans, the beauty of the town, and the opulent beauty of the campus of the richestest university in the solar system” letter yet? 

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy business major sums up the experience of being an aggy:

"The fact that they can make you go through all that pain and make you believe all the lies, and you falling for that and realizing it was a lie, that's what hurts the most,” said Lopez.

In all honesty, a senior aggy business major is claiming she received a phone call claiming her "social security number had been misused with some drug issues in El Paso."

She followed the caller's instructions as to how to handle her possible criminal indictment. With typical aggy brilliance, she supposedly transferred $10k from her bank account to bitcoin accounts and Target gift cards. (She had over $10 laying around in her bank account?)

Again, with typical aggy brilliance, she supposedly started yet another aggy GoFundMe account, asking for $10k.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/AM-student-warns-of-phone-scam-that-cost-her-thousands-564326681.html

I'm thinking this is a scam to get aggys to contribute to a fraudulent GoFundMe account, but with the caliber of students they are allowing into A&M these days, I have no doubt there are thousands of students on that campus who honestly believe the federal government tracks social security numbers used in connection with illicit drug deals on the Mexican border and, when a suspicious illicit border drug deal shows up (as opposed to all the legitimate drug deals done on the Mexican border), the feds use bitcoin and Target gift cards to make the charges go away.

Her GoFundMe can be accessed here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sam-lopez-tamu-senior-year-expenses?pc=fb_co_campmgmtbnr_w&rcid=r01-15723588924-6cbf17580b664127&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_lico%2Bbanner.

If one types "Texas A&M" into the search function on the site, almost 43,000 responses are returned.large.1160727176_aggygofundme.jpeg.0c554c97c144cd4372ca601adacb792f.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

I went to grad school at UTSA and my little sister is currently a Senior at Texas A&M so me and a buddy went out there for the weekend for the game and stayed at my sister's house.  It was pretty glorious to sense the nervous energy in the stadium from the Ags after UTSA went up 7-0 early even though, knowing this UTSA football program, we knew it wouldn't last long...sure enough it lasted about a minute. 

We went out to Northgate on Saturday night  and upon walking into one of the bars there, the whole damn place was just full of their cultists with locked arms, swaying and singing their UT obsessed fight song.  Walking into that as an undercover Longhorn was one of those experiences where I was just like....."Where the fuck am I and how the hell did I get here?"  My loud "And Gabriel blows his horn" at the end of it got me plenty of strange looks.  Of course, this bar didn't just have A&M flags hanging from the ceilings, they also had flags for each of the SEC teams.  The way their identity is so wrapped up in the SEC is just weird.  The whole place is just strange as hell. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

I went to grad school at UTSA and my little sister is currently a Senior at Texas A&M so me and a buddy went out there for the weekend for the game and stayed at my sister's house.  It was pretty glorious to sense the nervous energy in the stadium from the Ags after UTSA went up 7-0 early even though, knowing this UTSA football program, we knew it wouldn't last long...sure enough it lasted about a minute. 

We went out to Northgate on Saturday night  and upon walking into one of the bars there, the whole damn place was just full of their cultists with locked arms, swaying and singing their UT obsessed fight song.  Walking into that as an undercover Longhorn was one of those experiences where I was just like....."Where the fuck am I and how the hell did I get here?"  My loud "And Gabriel blows his horn" at the end of it got me plenty of strange looks.  Of course, this bar didn't just have A&M flags hanging from the ceilings, they also had flags for each of the SEC teams.  The way their identity is so wrapped up in the SEC is just weird.  The whole place is just strange as hell. 

And Gabriel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here ya go aggy....our own visitor to Austin "real" feedback: (from The Daily Texan and the visit of Jimmy Fallon

A few months ago, Jimmy Fallon didn’t know what “hook ‘em” was. Now, he’s on campus and ready to party.

For the first time in the show’s history, “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” is filming on a college campus to an all-student audience. The show, airing on Thursday, will feature Matthew McConaughey, Chip and Joanna Gaines and Gucci Mane.

The Daily Texan sat down to talk with Fallon about why he chose UT and what he’s been up to upon arriving in Austin.

Daily Texan: So, why did you pick UT to be the first University to do a show at?

Jimmy Fallon: I saw you guys on an ESPN (College) GameDay or something and I was like, "What's the deal with UT? They look like a really fun school." And everyone was like "Oh man, Hook ‘em Horns." I was like, I really don't even really know what that is because I don't know about college sports, so I had to learn. But I was like, maybe let’s take the show on the road and go to a college, because our biggest fans are 18-year-olds and in college. We wanted to come and say thank you for watching and supporting our show. So then I said, "How about UT?" And the producers were like, that's the best, we should ask them and just float it out there, see if they like the idea. Immediately we heard back from the president, he was like "Dude, we'll roll out the red carpet." Honestly, we were so excited. We didn't even ask any other schools. This is our first and only choice. If this goes well, we'll take it to other schools, but there's nothing planned yet. 

DT: I saw you say on some promo videos that you're bringing the party to Austin. Has Austin returned that favor by bringing the party to you? 

JF: Yeah. Oh, my goodness. It is insane. This place has been a nonstop party. We've only been here a couple days, and I'm already losing my voice because we're screaming, yelling. I think the food is awesome. The music scene is great. But the people are just the nicest, most welcoming community. Everyone's like, "Yo, Jimmy go to this place. Jimmy you have to go blah blah like, here, you want a beer? You want that? Can I buy this?" And I was like, "No, I'll pay for stuff." I love to pay for stuff. Last night, I went to The White Horse and someone taught me how to two-step. It was really fun. It's opening my eyes to new things. 

DT: So, was The White Horse your favorite place last night?

JF: Yeah … well, I will say Hole in the Wall is an experience that not many people have, and they should just to check out the bathrooms alone. I took photos in there; I took selfies. On a break during shooting they were like, "You got to see the women's room." There's two toilets next to each other, no walls, no stalls. I'm like, "Wow, I've never seen anything like that in my lifetime." It was just a really great bar. You go to a place and you can feel if the place has good bones, and that place has good bones. You know there's a lot of good times happening in that place. I think if I was a college kid, I would love to go there. Even now, I would actually love to go there. I'm 45, I probably would stick out like a sore thumb. 

DT: What has your favorite UT experience been? 

JF: Getting to see the Tower and see how big this campus is. The school I went to was so small. I barely had a basketball court. You have a stadium that holds 100,000 people. That is insane. You're so lucky to have that. This is amazing to have this much opportunity. It's so beautiful here. Everyone's so nice, and everyone seems to be really proud of their school. I have my burnt orange T-shirts I've been wearing, and I got a football jersey from the president. So expect to get a loss this weekend when I play for the team. (The announcers will) be like a first man injured, comedian Jimmy Fallon, his head popped off. 

DT: Can you tell us what UT’s own personal celebrity Matthew McConaughey is going to be doing on the show? 

JF: He's a smart guy. I love him. He has been a great guest on our show before. He loves Texas and UT so much. I mean, honestly, he was one of the reasons too, we were watching College GameDay and he came on. He was singing “The Eyes of Texas” and Hook ‘em Horns and I was like, "Oh, this is fun." He's a good egg. I like that guy. So we'll have fun with him and just show how much he loves the school (and) loves Texas. It'll be a nice little kind of love letter. I'm going to go shoot a little piece with him just to show that he's a professor here. And I'm going to maybe take a test with him, and hopefully, all my answers will be alright, alright, alright.

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Like 2

Texas A&M Officials Announce They Will

By Hullakazoo , In Local News , At November 7, 2019 Tags: Announcement, Hullakazoo, News, President Young, Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University officials announced they will in a press statement released Tuesday evening. According to the statement, they plan to carry out within the coming weeks, which aims to over the next five years.

This comes in response to which have on multiple occasions been. Last year, more than 2,000 students at least once during the fall semester. With this, the university hopes to and at the same time. “Our students have always,” said President Michael Young, “so it’s fitting that we embody while also as much as we can. It’s not enough to simply, we must if we are to ever. Big ideas. We are.” 

Students expressed. “This seems to, but I’m a bit whether or not it can,” sophomore Sarah Goffman said. “That said, I can’t wait to what it will. If it’s what, then it’ll be.”

Should Texas A&M choose, many may assuming they are. SEC academic rules indicate. But if they should, students will want. 

Some such students were more. “I’m third-generation Aggie,” freshman Jacob Vaught said. “Obedience, traditions. Values? If they think they’re gonna, then they’ve got a lot. Especially these days, our campus shouldn’t. My grandfather is racist.”

• Like 1

I'm having my fun with the aggys on Wikipedia again. Last week, I edited the "History of Texas A&M University" Wiki page (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=History_of_Texas_A%26M_University&oldid=925049232)

The objective of my editing was to introduce actual historical information in place of their fish camp fairy tales. And, of course, to see how long it took for aggys to again spew ignorance on the pages of Wiki. Having their fight for ignorance archived on a neutral site will make it easier for me to show the dedicatiosn aggy have to ensure others are just as ignorant about Texas history as aggys are. (My favorite was their statement "after oil was discovered on university lands... Nowhere did they bother to mention the oil was discovered on University of Texas lands, not A&M lands).

Well, the aggys are now crawling back, threatening to declare the information about the 1915 and 1919 proposed constitutional amendments to terminate A&M's status as a branch of UT to be "vandalism." The redneck insisting the truth not be told is claiming the state legislature separated the two institutions in 1875, therefore any mention of the votes on the proposed amendments has to be the work of a vandal defacing the page. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=History_of_Texas_A%26M_University&diff=925087612&oldid=925087485

The guy also insists on deleting the actual wording of the 1871 Act creating A&M that stated its "control, management, and supervision," and the "care and preservation of its property" was made subject to the February 11, 1858 act that established The University of Texas. (Can't have people knowing THAT little bit of A&M school history, can we?)  https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6734/m1/929/

Again, I have to laugh at the "quality" of the aggy education. Texas A&M is the only university I know dedicated to the perpetuation of ignorance.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

State archive info on failed amendments to sever the two institutions:

https://lrl.texas.gov/legis/billsearch/amendmentDetails.cfm?amendmentID=65&legSession=34-0&billTypedetail=HJR&billNumberDetail=34

https://lrl.texas.gov/legis/billsearch/amendmentDetails.cfm?amendmentID=76&legSession=36-0&billTypedetail=HJR&billNumberDetail=29

• Like 4

On 11/4/2019 at 8:22 AM, Randolph Duke said:

aggy business major sums up the experience of being an aggy:

In all honesty, a senior aggy business major is claiming she received a phone call claiming her "social security number had been misused with some drug issues in El Paso."

She followed the caller's instructions as to how to handle her possible criminal indictment. With typical aggy brilliance, she supposedly transferred $10k from her bank account to bitcoin accounts and Target gift cards. (She had over $10 laying around in her bank account?)

Again, with typical aggy brilliance, she supposedly started yet another aggy GoFundMe account, asking for $10k.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/AM-student-warns-of-phone-scam-that-cost-her-thousands-564326681.html

I'm thinking this is a scam to get aggys to contribute to a fraudulent GoFundMe account, but with the caliber of students they are allowing into A&M these days, I have no doubt there are thousands of students on that campus who honestly believe the federal government tracks social security numbers used in connection with illicit drug deals on the Mexican border and, when a suspicious illicit border drug deal shows up (as opposed to all the legitimate drug deals done on the Mexican border), the feds use bitcoin and Target gift cards to make the charges go away.

Her GoFundMe can be accessed here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sam-lopez-tamu-senior-year-expenses?pc=fb_co_campmgmtbnr_w&rcid=r01-15723588924-6cbf17580b664127&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_lico%2Bbanner.

If one types "Texas A&M" into the search function on the site, almost 43,000 responses are returned.large.1160727176_aggygofundme.jpeg.0c554c97c144cd4372ca601adacb792f.jpeg

If she wanted to scam aggy with a GoFundMe page, she'd just claim she lost her aggy ring.

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

I didn't see this posted. Nice Guy (TM) bemoans lack of interest from women when he has a degree, a great job in a slaughterhouse and gets 700 pounds of free beef
 each year! Internet roundly mocks him over the past week.

Guess what school he went to?

How dare them wimmens wants someone they connects with when them could be reminded of them’s place and pro-vided fer. Like wimmins s’posed to be. Whoop!

We need to start a GoFundMe campaign to get this redneck a “FarmersOnly.com” subscription. 

Or a goat. You know, turdition. Whoop!

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I didn't see this posted. Nice Guy (TM) bemoans lack of interest from women when he has a degree, a great job in a slaughterhouse and gets 700 pounds of free beef
 each year! Internet roundly mocks him over the past week.

Guess what school he went to?

It's not weird he's an incel at all 

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

How dare them wimmens wants someone they connects with when them could be reminded of them’s place and pro-vided fer. Like wimmins s’posed to be. Whoop!

We need to start a GoFundMe campaign to get this redneck a “FarmersOnly.com” subscription. 

Or a goat. You know, turdition. Whoop!

He can afford his own subscription. He makes a good salary and his housing is paid for. 

• Like 1

as long as he knows how to jam an inanimate carbon rod where it's needed-- and you know an Aggie does indeed know about jamming rods-- he can carry his weight
nope. his job is to feed the monkey.

being a aggy whippersnapper you probably never heard it.

companion joke...

aggy is sending a rocket fully of aggy astronauts to the sun.

but won't they burn up?

aggy astronaut, 'we are going at night. whoop'.

if you don't get it find a wino and ask him or her to explaint it to you.

the thought occurred to me that A&M didn't really run away from us when they left the B12 for the SEC
they were running away from Tech
amazing. a thought eh?

whatever aggy. no yall weren't running away fro mean ol big brother Texas yall were running away from tech. yeah riiiiiiight. a PERFECT aggy thought. whoop aaaaaaa.