• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Aggies...Condemned to a fate of thinking their smallness and simplicity is actually uniqueness and complexity.  

Their worldview is like a variation on the Dunning-Kruger effect.  They think their unique culture and worldview is an attribute, not a flaw.  

52 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Reading through that hurts my head. The mental gymnastics they will go to in order to defend MG is insane. They really are something else. I'd have no problem calling out a Longhorn that did something like that.

Aggy would defend Rae Carruth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Reading through that hurts my head. The mental gymnastics they will go to in order to defend MG is insane. They really are something else. I'd have no problem calling out a Longhorn that did something like that.

After the aggy bonfire fell 20 years ago, senselessly killing those poor students, the Department of Homeland Security complied a report on what happened and why. 

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-133.pdf

On page 22 of that report, it specifies one of the major contributing factors in the deaths of those kids was Texas A&M’s “cultural bias impeding risk identification.”

20 years later, and the aggys still have not managed to get past their cultural bias impeding risk identification enough to understand a professional athlete bashing someone on the head as hard as he can with a football helmet could cause serious injury. 

12 kids died for nothing and the aggys learned absolutely nothing. They are still culturally impaired when it comes to identifying stupid and potentially dangerous situations. 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

What struck me about the incident is that Garret had zero expression on his face when he swung the helmet. It wasn't like he was angry with wide eyes or furrowed brow. It was the look of someone who just doesn't care because he's been getting away with shit his whole life and it doesn't matter if the other guy gets hurt or not.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:12 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It will be a lot more fun making fun of aggy once I'm convinced we've turned the corner

rep paid.

18 hours before kickoff tomorrow we have no idea if we are going to rush 4 and blitz from in the box, or rush 3, blitz from siberia, and spot the clones 3 scores.

there but for grace go i, or something to that effect..... let's just revel in garrett going full aggy the very day the ministry started to roll out the bonfire movie talking points in the dallas and houston msm.

8 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

So aggie and their savior MBB coach are getting housed by Gonzaga in Reed. All things considered, that’s not a terrible situation. Third game of his tenure and all

texags is already turning on him

Admon Gilder leading Gonzaga with 16 points, 7 rebounds is just icing on the cake.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Are we getting to the point yet where we can finally be spared the sanctimonious bullshit that attending Texas A&M makes anyone a better person, more honest, more patriotic, or better in any way, shape or form?

Went to a funeral once.  Deceased was a really good guy.  The small town rube preacher started praising his life.  Then said “he was an Aggie.  That just about says it all.”

puke.  

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

12 kids died for nothing and the aggys learned absolutely nothing. They are still culturally impaired when it comes to identifying stupid and potentially dangerous situations. 

Untrue. The 12 died the way good, redass aggies should - erecting a poorly designed, pagan monument symbolizing their "burning desire" to beat tu.

"We gon build da hell outta bonfire!" Whoop!

I KILL TREES - BUILD THE HELL OUTTA BONFIRE - ESPN

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Richter said:

Nope.  DHS was founded in 2002.

Let me guess, when you walk in a room you are convinced you are the smartest person in that room. Trust me. I don't make shit up.

if you would like to confirm this isn't a photoshop: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-133.pdf

large.1973394749_dhsaggyreportbanner.jpeg.94b6fd34189ae5f74ad8531b5ad81c79.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Let me guess, when you walk in a room you are convinced you are the smartest person in that room.

if you would like to confirm this isn't a photoshop: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-133.pdf

I’m just saying that it’s impossible for DHS to have published a report in 1999, when it didn’t exist until 2002.  USFA was rolled into DHS and apparently their archives now incorporate current DHS cover sheets.  In either case, it’s a technicality because USFA published the report and they are now in DHS.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Richter said:

I’m just saying that it’s impossible for DHS to have published a report in 1999, when it didn’t exist until 2002.  USFA was rolled into DHS and apparently their archives now incorporate current DHS cover sheets.  In either case, it’s a technicality because USFA published the report and they are now in DHS.

No one said DHS published any report in 1999. The bonfire incident happened in late November 1999. It wouldn't be reasonable for any report to have been compiled and released within five weeks.

What I said was DHS issued the report. And I gave the link for anyone questioning whether the report was released or whether it contained the statement I claimed.

The report I cited was published by the Department of Homeland Security. Feel free to contact DHS to inquire about the publishing history of the document.

My guess is that the full report was published after the U.S. Fire Administration was made a part of DHS, as was the FEMA report on the incident, published Nov 10, 2003.  https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2003/11/10/fema-review-deadly-texas-am-bonfire-collapse-provides-insight-lessons

The U.S. government doesn't go back and republish past reports every time an agency is subject to an administrative reorganization or a name change. Such an effort would be meaningless and wasteful.

Edited by Randolph Duke

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

DHS must have time machines.

Or the logo and cover pages were added later.

One is way more likely.647706a8bc7e77d5e18c04c017752f5e.jpg

The exec summary you posted was of the Special Commission assembled by Texas A&M to investigate the report. It is not a summary of the DHS report I cited.

Two different reports published by two different entities on two separate dates.

Why someone wants to argue whether the DHS actually published the report with the DHS logo on the cover escapes me.

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

No one said DHS published any report in 1999. The bonfire incident happened in late November 1999. It wouldn't be reasonable for any report to have been compiled and released within five weeks.

What I said was DHS issued the report. And I gave the link for anyone questioning whether the report was released or whether it contained the statement I claimed.

The report was published by the Department of Homeland Security. End of story.

My guess is that it was published after the U.S. Fire Administration was made a part of DHS, as was the FEMA report on the incident, published Nov 10, 2003.  https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2003/11/10/fema-review-deadly-texas-am-bonfire-collapse-provides-insight-lessons

The U.S. government doesn't go back and republish past reports every time an agency is subject to an administrative reorganization or a name change. Such an effort would be meaningless and wasteful.

Well, you could be right about most of that.  They do, however, sometimes go back and mark old documents though.  I wouldn’t say they do it “every time an agency is subject to reorganization”.  I wouldn’t have said anything if you had said USFA to begin with...  I was just nit picking...

One thing the aggys can't grasp is that the issue in the Myles Garret helmet incident is consent. Professional athletes compete offering their implied (sometimes express) understanding and acceptance of the normal and ordinary risks inherent to the sport. Every NFL football player is aware they make sustain knee injuries, concussions, etc. They understand such injuries may affect their ability to compete moving forward and may have long lasting negative health consequences. Their consent and acceptance of those risks is why they have limited recourse against the NFL or any team should they get injured.

Getting slammed on one's unprotected head by a helmet swung in anger on the playing field is not a normal, ordinary risk inherent to the game professional football. Period.

There is no equating Garret's actions to any other player's action or actions. There is no rationalizing his behavior because someone said something offensive to him. Or kicked him.

What Myles Garrett did was simply not one of the ordinary and understood risks Rudolph would have consented to when he stepped on the field that night. That any adult would need to have the risks of such an action explained to them says something profound about that adult's grasp of responsible behavior.

It says something profound (and not in a complimentary way) that the entirety of aggy culture has been deemed by the federal government to have a bias impeding risk identification. One would think John Sharp would have done something - anything - to address this cultural infirmity (possibly starting with fish camp). But he hasn't. And that A&M continues to pump out graduates by ever increasing thousands every year, most of not all suffering from the same cultural bias impeding risk identification, directly speaks to the deficiencies inherent to the education offered on the Texas A&M campus, wherever in the world that campus might actually be sited.

19 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

i haven't seen if they helped any lost Gamecock fans find the stadium, but aggy was quiet and held up 3 fingers to show how classy they are. predictably, aggy has decided to be sure and tell everyone how classy they are also

Their definition of “silence” and mine are different.

14 hours ago, General Specific said:

Anybody know WTF is on channel 2 in Houston on Monday night about the 12th man and bonfire? It’s a 30sec commercial on Sunday Night Football?

Undoubtedly part of their annual aggygasm over the bonfire collapse.  KBTX news has been unbearable for the last month.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:42 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

i haven't seen if they helped any lost Gamecock fans find the stadium, but aggy was quiet and held up 3 fingers to show how classy they are. predictably, aggy has decided to be sure and tell everyone how classy they are also

Sometimes WHAT is bigger than sports? You're at a sporting event to watch and cheer. That's why you're there. If whatever "it" is is bigger than sports, you shouldn't be sitting in a giant stadium watching sports and making a hollow gesture at "it", you should be addressing "it". 

Or is it only bigger for ten seconds between quarters and then it's back to football?

And how does this jibe with IT JUST MEANS MORE. Is this the same "it", or does this "it" have to compete with that "it"...?

Edited by SwanderedTalent

On 11/18/2019 at 7:42 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks.  Tennessee already did this when they played USC in October.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks.  Tennessee already did this when they played USC in October.

As did Georgia.

I saw the tweet and thought, "I've been too harsh on the Aggies.  They wanted to show sincere sincere respect to a young kid playing for the opponent that faced something much bigger than an on field challenge.  Much bigger than most kids his age deal with." 

Then I found out it was a complete rip off of an idea that they claimed as their own