Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

I've been unfriended by infinitely more aggys than any other reason.  When you start calling out their rah-rah horseshit, their heads fucking explode.

It's beautiful.

And if they can't take rivalrous banter, they should stop it with the smoke-blowing up everyone's ass about how great Texum Bulldog is.

Take a joke or STFU.  They have a real aversion to reality.

I don’t understand their inability to take criticism. You question one part of their school and they treat it as an assault on their life. Billy is the perfect example of an aggy on Twitter. When other members of the media write anything negative about the football team, Billy attacks them on Twitter. 

Edited by texaslong

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

59 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I don’t understand their inability to take criticism. You question one part of their school and it’s treating as an assault on their life. Billy is the perfect example of an aggy on Twitter. When other members of the media write anything negative about the football team, Billy attacks them on Twitter. 

You need to understand the concept of "bonding social capital." It characterizes what we know as "aggy" quite well.

https://www.socialcapitalresearch.com/what-is-bonding-social-capital/

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

And if they can't take rivalrous banter, they should stop it with the smoke-blowing up everyone's ass about how great Texum Bulldog is.

Aggie: "Listen to me talk about how great we are! We's the best!"

Me: "Ha ha ha, what about---"

Aggie: "Noooooo I said LISTEN to me talk about us! Don't YOU talk about us!"

They're children.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Them winning at halftime is very subjective.

They march in a square. Personally I think ohio state is the most creative band in the nation, and could probably name 19 additional bands above fake military band in b/cs, and that's being nice. And I dont know shit about bands. I do know doing 180s and crossing each other at 90 degree angles woos and wows aggy, but Christ that is dumb. That band is lame and very 1960s.

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

I was in the band at OkState for one year, before I got a job.  Given I was a military brat who’d moved to Texas via Turkey only two years before, I had zero idea regarding anything related to the traditions or teams of the BigXII...hell I had to buy a book on football my Jr year of HS as I didn’t know anything about the game. 

So imagine my surprise when the ‘stadium’ (Rustoleum field) mostly stayed in attendance for the aggy band at halftime.  I thought I was about to see something clever, or imaginative worthy of the people actually caring to watch. I’d had a cool director at little ole Burkburnett HS during HS who had done a really fun show themed on the Blues Brothers, so I was curious to see what aggy had.  

Nope...it was a big block of people moving on the field, crossing at right angles and a significant proportion of them didn’t have mouthpieces on their instruments.  It was like a massive game of Snake from your flip phone. 

Was not impressed.  We spent countless hours every week memorizing our spots, practicing with poker chips on the turf and trying to do something interesting for the home crowd only to see something that was obviously designed to wow through sheer numbers and easy to teach.  

There may be nothing more overrated about their university than their band.

• Like 2

Them winning at halftime is very subjective.

They march in a square. Personally I think ohio state is the most creative band in the nation, and could probably name 19 additional bands above fake military band in b/cs, and that's being nice. And I dont know shit about bands. I do know doing 180s and crossing each other at 90 degree angles woos and wows aggy, but Christ that is dumb. That band is lame and very 1960s.
Everything they do during halftime we used to do in Jr High Marching Band in the midwest in the early 80s, but we did it in the street during parades and sometimes did it while marching backwards.

Tl;dr: aggy band = 80s midwest jr high band
  • Like 1

I don’t understand their inability to take criticism. You question one part of their school and they treat it as an assault on their life. Billy is the perfect example of an aggy on Twitter. When other members of the media write anything negative about the football team, Billy attacks them on Twitter. 
don't need to understand it. this aggy attitude has been around since aggy began over a hundred years ago. turdition.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Utah was ranked tenth in the coaches poll before the Alamo Bowl. Did A&M beat any Top Ten teams this season? 

They lost to every ranked team they played this season except for their win over #24 Okie State last week. They also lost to eventual 4-8 UCLA. 

Kyle Umlang‏ @kyleumlang

Total Yards Against LSU | 2019

614 Ole Miss

541 Alabama

530 Texas

457 Florida

374 Vanderbilt

340 Mississippi State

304 Arkansas

287 Auburn

286 Georgia

278 Northwestern State

169 Texas A&M

160 Oklahoma (halftime)

159 Utah State

98 Georgia Southern

Edited by Hagbard Celine

8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Ok State was the only team they beat with a winning record.

And they "beat" them cuz the Oklahoma State guy missed two field goals.

They are not very good and not getting better.

We fired both of our coordinators for looking as bad as we did in 2019, but at NO TIME did aggy look as good as we have in the two bowl games we played in 2019....

Don't care, got Jimbo!

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

We fired both of our coordinators for looking as bad as we did in 2019, but at NO TIME did aggy look as good as we have in the two bowl games we played in 2019....

Don't care, got Jimbo!

Yeah, we both had crappy seasons this year.  But we're dissatisfied with ours, and they're delighted with theirs.

I've watched many of their games this season and it's quite obvious that our ceiling is just so much higher than theirs.  When we play well, we can play with anyone, including the team that's about to win the national championship.  The ags, on the other hand, lose to that same team by 7 TDs, and are happy with it... because SEC. I guess.

We'll eventually get consistently better.  For them, they're already the best they'll ever be under Jimbo.  Good luck with that, ags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

Don't care, got Jimbo!

Hate to say but with that soft ass schedule they have next year. They will definitely appear better than they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

But we're dissatisfied with ours, and they're delighted with theirs.

In their case, it's because a) they can say "durrrr hardest schedule since the Peloponesian War!!!!! we wuz actually real good just no one could tell!!!!" and b) they didn't lose the only game that matters to them, for the eighth straight year-- they didn't lose to us. 

Everything's comin' up Milhouse!!!!!

On 12/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, lemonandaturd said:

When Lane Kiffin makes Jimbo look foolish next year, the pitchforks are coming out in force.  If they lose to Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, and Alabama next year the roller coaster will leave the tracks and crash forever.  2020 was supposed to be the Jimbo  "natty" year!  Fill in the date on that trophy from Sharp.  (Colorado may also kick that ass).

They have pushed it back now. 2022 is now the year, because it will be full of Jimbo classes.

• Like 1

You’d think fans of a team that:

1. has finished in the top 4 twice, the last being in 1956,

2. Has one national title from 1939,

3. Hasn’t won a conference title in over 20 years, and

4. Hasn’t had back to back winning seasons in conference since the Clinton administration.  

Would shut the fuck up.  You’d think that.  But they don’t.  They have a stunning ability to ignore the plank in their eye

• Like 4