Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

22 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Good lord that site is exhausting.  Every single time anyone posts anything even remotely not in line with their weirdo, cult, lack of self awareness mentality (in this case, not even anything anti-agy), half the responses are automatically, "obvious sip troll" or "but...but...but...bdf."  Those people have something seriously wrong with them.

It is their weird social structure that values loyalty to the cult/group at all times and in all circumstances (even when the cult dies wrong). And perceived disloyalty is exaggerated and the perpetrator is branded a "sip" (used to be "2%er"). Their "red ass" sickness is an exercise in extreme loyalty (similar to the Waffen SS). Being more extreme than another aggys is a disply of their trying to define their social order.

It's a sick, fucked up, and infantile culture whose adherents retain many of the attributes of adolescents.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

31 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

That begs the question. I don't live in Texas but do your aggy friends and coworkers have a similar complex, and say things like "sip troll" and "BDF" etc? Or this dumbfuckery confined to Texags?

Most of them are too embarrassed or afraid to act or speak that way in public in my experience, unless you put them together in a large group. There are a large number of them though, so you still occasionally come across one in the wild.

They typically drive a maroon vehicle, with three pieces of aggy flair on the back, maybe a personalized aggy license plate, and always wear an aggy hat and another piece of aggy clothing at all times.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Most of them are too embarrassed or afraid to act or speak that way in public in my experience, unless you put them together in a large group. There are a large number of them though, so you still occasionally come across one in the wild.

They typically drive a maroon vehicle, with three pieces of aggy/SEC flair on the back, maybe a personalized aggy license plate, and always wear an aggy hat and another piece of aggy clothing at all times.

fify

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

They typically drive a maroon vehicle, with three pieces of aggy flair on the back, maybe a personalized aggy license plate, and always wear an aggy hat and another piece of aggy clothing at all times.

A large number of aggys understand the shame society attaches to people who are aggy. They do their best to try to hide being aggy, but “from the outside looking in you can’t mistake it, and from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.”

The excess of aggy shit on their vehicles is part of their perceived duty to demonstrate they are a more loyal aggy than those choosing to be more reasonable about messaging their membership in the cult. Being sanctimonious is a core aspect of members of the aggy cult. They are as bad about it with each other as they are with normal society.

Edited by Randolph Duke

50 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

That begs the question. I don't live in Texas but do your aggy friends and coworkers have a similar complex, and say things like "sip troll" and "BDF" etc? Or this dumbfuckery confined to Texags?

Out of the few I know in real life, most are not as serious as what we see on Texags, but there are some. 

I know several. Most don’t act that way I real life. I see one posting on Facebook with the sec does something or Texas fucks up crowing about that. He usually gets blasted immediately from several people or completely ignored.

But get them in a group, and the stupid comes to the surface.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I know several. Most don’t act that way I real life. I see one posting on Facebook with the sec does something or Texas fucks up crowing about that. He usually gets blasted immediately from several people or completely ignored.

If you want to have fun with an aggy, ask them a question that requires self-criticism to answer, such as "If there was one thing about Texas A&M that needs to be changed or done away with, what would it be?"

My personal favorite is "What aspect of Texas A&M history, if any, do you think should be repudiated by aggys?"

"What do you think is Jimbo's greatest weakness as a coach?"

"If a meteor were to land on the A&M campus, what do you hope it lands on and obliterates?"

It's a fun game to play, and it confuses their little, culturally stunted minds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Out of the few I know in real life, most are not as serious as what we see on Texags, but there are some. 

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Their suck definitely increases when they get in a group, but most of them suck pretty bad alone too if you're paying attention.  I've learned to paint all of them with the same broad stroke of worthlessness until they prove me otherwise.  Any benefit of the doubt I would give to any normal person gets immediately thrown out if I find out someone is aggy.  I've known quite a few of them (although I go out of my way not to) and I only know 2 good ones who have earned back that benefit of the doubt who I don't lump in with the rest.  I try my hardest to do the opposite with literally every other identifiable group of human beings (give them the benefit first until they lose it), but I've learned to know better with aggys.  I guess it's a good thing aggy isn't a race, because I'd be one racist mother fucker toward them if they were.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

If you want to have fun with an aggy, ask them a question that requires self-criticism to answer, such as "If there was one thing about Texas A&M that needs to be changed or done away with, what would it be?"

My personal favorite is "What aspect of Texas A&M history, if any, do you think should be repudiated by aggys?"

"What do you think is Jimbo's greatest weakness as a coach?"

"If a meteor were to land on the A&M campus, what do you hope it lands on and obliterates?"

It's a fun game to play, and it confuses their little, culturally stunted minds.

as a very wise man once wrote, "Never try to outsmart an Aggie. They will interpret this as an aggressive and hostile act."

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

i am only friends with two aggy - one is my best friend's husband, the other is a dude from work. 

you would not guess it...they are cool dudes who do not fit the stereotype in appearance, politics or intellect. they do not whoop or say howdy, they are capable of self reflection and laugh at many of their brethren. they both make fun of texags and are embarrassed by the corps.

only area where they 'go aggy' is football. 

7 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i am only friends with two aggy - one is my best friend's husband, the other is a dude from work. 

you would not guess it...they are cool dudes who do not fit the stereotype in appearance, politics or intellect. they do not whoop or say howdy, they are capable of self reflection and laugh at many of their brethren. they both make fun of texags and are embarrassed by the corps.

Are you a female?

• Like 1

I've met some people who attended and actually graduated from A&M who were decent people. Sometimes, circumstances dictate one's options, and if A&M was where they had to go for whatever reason, kudos to them for the equivalent of walking across hot coals to move forward in life.

There is a distinct difference between "Aggie" and "aggy."

One is a school nickname.

The other is a disease and an embarrassment to the people of Texas.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

as a very wise man once wrote, "Never try to outsmart an Aggie. They will interpret this as an aggressive and hostile act."

First Corrolary to this:  Outsmarting an aggie is damn near unavoidable.

There are three aggie types in the office where I work.  One of the three is a completely decent and almost normal guy.  He didn't drink the kool-aid and even manages to keep it pretty reasonable when interacting with the other two in the office.  Thankfully, he is the one I work directly with.  Of the other two, one is just a goof, generally buys the SEC hype and is pretty rah-rah, "this is our year", "we coulda beat Clemson if a couple more plays went our way"...  You know the type.  Loses about 35 IQ points any time anything related to his aggies comes up.

The 3rd guy is a caricature.  Aggie domination is coming, Johnny Manziel was the best ever, t-sip this and t-sip that...  Not surprisingly, he sucks at his job.

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

First Corrolary to this:  Outsmarting an aggie is damn near unavoidable.

There are three aggie types in the office where I work.  One of the three is a completely decent and almost normal guy.  He didn't drink the kool-aid and even manages to keep it pretty reasonable when interacting with the other two in the office.  Thankfully, he is the one I work directly with.  Of the other two, one is just a goof, generally buys the SEC hype and is pretty rah-rah, "this is our year", "we coulda beat Clemson if a couple more plays went our way"...  You know the type.  Loses about 35 IQ points any time anything related to his aggies comes up.

The 3rd guy is a caricature.  Aggie domination is coming, Johnny Manziel was the best ever, t-sip this and t-sip that...  Not surprisingly, he sucks at his job.

But the 3rd guy is the CEO, right? Advantage: aggy 

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I saw a group of three friends/acquaintances on Facebook circle jerking each other over the Bowl records two nights ago.  The next morning the comments were deleted for some reason.  I stopped arguing with those guys several years ago when I figured out it’s pointless to argue with Aggy

53 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I've met some people who attended and actually graduated from A&M who were decent people. Sometimes, circumstances dictate one's options, and if A&M was where they had to go for whatever reason, kudos to them for the equivalent of walking across hot coals to move forward in life.

There is a distinct difference between "Aggie" and "aggy."

One is a school nickname.

The other is a disease and an embarrassment to the people of Texas.

Yep.  My vets are A&M grads.  They are awesome at what they do and top-notch people.  They are definitely not aggy.

25 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Leon with the quick delete

Screenshot_20200103-112713~2.png

As a show of brotherhood and good faith toward the aggys, we should offer that if the aggys support a constitutional amendment to sever aggy's constitutional status as a branch of The University of Texas, those supporting the The University of Texas will pressure the legislature to insist A&M again get to have their on-campus bonfire.

I think Leon is one aggy in particular who should have the opportunity to participate in A&M's sacred traditions.

Edited by Randolph Duke

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I definitely hear references to "sips" and "tu," but not specifically "sip troll." Also have heard them refer to the Big 12 in really negative terms, though I don't think I've actually heard someone say "BDF."

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

One of the coolest ones I know is a colleague also.  I had to ask where he went to college, he didn’t tell me and doesn’t wear a ring.  He doesn’t care about football, so that probably helps.  He grew up in the poor side of town’s Hispanic community and I think that may have made him feel like an outsider at aggy.  

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Their suck definitely increases when they get in a group, but most of them suck pretty bad alone too if you're paying attention.

Correct. I have a couple of close aggy friends. I never bring up sports at all with either of them, and if they bring up "yesterday's aggy game," I always say I missed it.

I watched the aggy/UCLA implosion with one of them, and it was all I could do to contain my laughter. Life is so much more pleasant without opening dialog on their aggy idiocy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My brother went to aTm. He is not particularly well adjusted, but then he's also not a particularly big fan of aggy culture. In fact, he hasn't missed a New Mexico State University home game since 1982, so he is quite unironically an "Aggie", as even Phlegm would have to admit.

Sounds like NMSU’s version of Scott Wilson.

47 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

All the good vets who are A&M grads did their undergrad work elsewhere.  Typically, your undergrad college defines you as a fan.

Nope, they're all A&M undergrad, too.  It's fucking hard to find an A&M vet grad that didn't get their undergrad at A&M now, due to aggy's schoolwide policy that the purpose of grad school is for A&M grads who couldn't find jobs.  

47 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

One of the coolest ones I know is a colleague also.  I had to ask where he went to college, he didn’t tell me and doesn’t wear a ring.  He doesn’t care about football, so that probably helps.  He grew up in the poor side of town’s Hispanic community and I think that may have made him feel like an outsider at aggy.  

Well, if he's not Caucasian, he's a 2%er by definition.

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Nope, they're all A&M undergrad, too.  It's fucking hard to find an A&M vet grad that didn't get their undergrad at A&M now, due to aggy's schoolwide policy that the purpose of grad school is for A&M grads who couldn't find jobs.  

I think you missed a key word in my post:  All the good vets...

45 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I know one A&M grad pretty well. He's a bit of a weirdo, but he's friends with me so it goes without saying. He moderates a Longhorn fan board and hates most things aggy. In fact, he pulls for the Longhorns and I've even watched the OUsux game with him.

He's alright. 

I've met that guy.  Total a-hole.

I, of course, know zero ags in real life...

• Haha 1

I know one A&M grad pretty well. He's a bit of a weirdo, but he's friends with me so it goes without saying. He moderates a Longhorn fan board and hates most things aggy. In fact, he pulls for the Longhorns and I've even watched the OUsux game with him.
He's alright. 
I know a guy like that. His podcasts makes even barstool sports cringe with his potty mouth.

38 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Let us not forget that aggy beat 8 teams this season. 6 of those 8 fired their coaches, and South Carolina should have.

That is an amazing stat. For the SEC SEC SEC brethren, losing to aggy was just too much to tolerate.  For the cupcakes,  it tells you that they are scheduling the lowest hanging fruit they could find because those teams are also getting beat by their conference opponents very frequently 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And the remaining team played without 2 of its 3 best offensive players. 

Well, I fucked that all up.

5 of the 8 fired their coaches. 1 of those 3 fired their HC last year (Texas State), 1 will fire their HC next year (SC), and the other played without 2 of its 3 best offensive players.

Edited by Tex Pete

Young guy checking at the grocery store last Sunday, was decked out in all his aggy gear. I had on a Longhorn thermal top. Of course, he had to bring up how he disapproved of my Longhorn shirt. I almost brought up the fact that I'm not the one having to check and bag groceries on a fucking Sunday afternoon. He works in the prepared food area as well, don't want no spit in my potatoes and gravy.

CHIEF