• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Iran is SEC east, anyway. 

There are plenty of places in Iran that are better off than plenty of places in SEC country. Though interestingly, a good friend of mine from Iran is a fairly well respected MD. And a graduate of Texas A&M. She lives in Canada now, because if you have your choice of those three locations, well, duh.

2 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Young guy checking at the grocery store last Sunday, was decked out in all his aggy gear. I had on a Longhorn thermal top. Of course, he had to bring up how he disapproved of my Longhorn shirt. I almost brought up the fact that I'm not the one having to check and bag groceries on a fucking Sunday afternoon. He works in the prepared food area as well, don't want no spit in my potatoes and gravy.

CHIEF

Brookshire's or HEB?

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Or better yet, both he and Phglem can fight for the honor to be Head Fucktard In Charge, but tragically (thankfully) both perish during their epic battle of titty twister. 

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Lord knows we don't need another.  I'd be cool getting rid of the one we have.

Methinks you guys are on to something....

• Like 1

SECRANT:

What is holding A&M athletics back?Posted by NashvilleTiger09 iconLSU.gif on 1/6/20 at 6:14 pm
This is a serious question. We always hear about the money. I get it. Very large endowment. You have in-state Texas talent. While lots of competition for recruits, playing in the SEC in your home state has to be desirable, right? What am I missing? I'm sure I will get a lot of "Your team is playing in the Natty in a week but A&M is on your mind". This is a genuine question. A&M is "okay" (I guess) at everything, but great in nothing (Football, Basketball, Baseball). Is it just poor coaching hires? Does the issue lie much deeper?

Come on.  You know what’s holding back aggy!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

SECRANT:

What is holding A&M athletics back?Posted by NashvilleTiger09 iconLSU.gif on 1/6/20 at 6:14 pm
This is a serious question. We always hear about the money. I get it. Very large endowment. You have in-state Texas talent. While lots of competition for recruits, playing in the SEC in your home state has to be desirable, right? What am I missing? I'm sure I will get a lot of "Your team is playing in the Natty in a week but A&M is on your mind". This is a genuine question. A&M is "okay" (I guess) at everything, but great in nothing (Football, Basketball, Baseball). Is it just poor coaching hires? Does the issue lie much deeper?

Come on.  You know what’s holding back aggy!

Lol. What holds A&M back is their freak show of a culture that few individuals with viable options want anything to do with. 

Next question. 

• Like 4

For entertainment, I started looking through Texas A&M's "Vision 2020" plan that they drafted back in the late 1990s.

Fucking hilarious.

It serves as testament to aggy ineptitude. Their goal was to be a "top 10 public university" by 2020. They won't even crack the top 25 in USNWR rankings. Their goal was to keep enrollment at 43,000 and drastically lower their student/faculty ratio. Their enrollment has increased to 65,000 and their student/faculty increased by more than 20%. Time and time again, their plan of action starts with "Develop a partnership with the University of Texas at Austin." Their stated goals usually contain "Recognition of Texas A&M as a preeminent and internationally renowned university."

It is pure comedy gold. They largely abandoned the plan in 2015 when they realized aggys were the ones expected to accomplish their stated goals and, well, we all know what happens when aggys are put in charge. Their original "Vision 2020" report was 127 pages long. The 2015 plan was only 30 pages long.

https://vision2020.tamu.edu/Vision2020/media/Media/PDFs/V2020Groundwork.pdf

They listed their perceived peer institutions. As of the latest USNWR rankings, the only schools from this list ranking below Texas A&M are Indiana and Michigan State. I think the aggys need to re-think what schools are actually their peer institutions.

Texas A&M University’s Vision 2020 Peers
Texas A&M University
Georgia Tech
Indiana Univ
Michigan State
Ohio State Univ
Penn State Univ
Purdue Univ
Univ of Calif - Berkeley
Univ of Calif - Davis
Univ of Calif- LA
Univ of Calif - San Diego
Univ of Florida
Univ of Illinois
Univ of Maryland
Univ of Michigan
Univ of Minnesota
Univ of North Carolina
Univ of Texas
Univ of Washington

• Like 3

Poor aggy just can’t seem to get any respect from those sec schools:

I don't get the aTm hate on herePosted by BearNickandLadies iconAlabama.gif on 1/7/20 at 12:43 am
I dont like aTm in this conference either but why are so many posters so pitted against that school? really do not understand this hatred for a non-rival. especially from lsu fans... lsu owns aTm in everything but why do the lsu posters here attack the aggies so often? 

texas a&m is far from being a formidable powerhouse in any collegiate sport. why bother with the hate? Year in and year out, they are irrelevant. the constant jabbing at the aggies gets so damn stale
on the other hand, aggies, yall are a weird bunch... some very strange traditions at that school. certainly have no ill feelings toward yall but jesus those guys in the white uniforms on your sidelines creep me out. Something about the state of Texas makes all those schools so strange, I swear....

Imagine a fanbase with:  
- The delusion of Texas fans  
- The arrogance of A1abana fans  
- The stupidity of Missouri fans  
- The expectations of Patriots fans  

While accomplishing as much as Rutgers.  

That is why people hate Texas A&N.

This nails it. They also lie a lot and do pitiful things like inventing fake National Championships because they can’t win them for real. They also act here like their Athletics have a lot more money than everyone else yet other schools have hired some of their coaches and even their AD. Lies they fabricate to mask their mediocre football results. 

Despite it all I like Texans in general. Good people as long as nothing Texas related is the subject of conversation.
Edited by Cairn Horn88

SECRANT:
What is holding A&M athletics back?Posted by NashvilleTiger09 iconLSU.gif on 1/6/20 at 6:14 pm This is a serious question. We always hear about the money. I get it. Very large endowment. You have in-state Texas talent. While lots of competition for recruits, playing in the SEC in your home state has to be desirable, right? What am I missing? I'm sure I will get a lot of "Your team is playing in the Natty in a week but A&M is on your mind". This is a genuine question. A&M is "okay" (I guess) at everything, but great in nothing (Football, Basketball, Baseball). Is it just poor coaching hires? Does the issue lie much deeper?   Come on.  You know what’s holding back aggy!
Poor aggy just can’t seem to get any respect from those sec schools:
I don't get the aTm hate on herePosted by BearNickandLadies iconAlabama.gif on 1/7/20 at 12:43 am I dont like aTm in this conference either but why are so many posters so pitted against that school? really do not understand this hatred for a non-rival. especially from lsu fans... lsu owns aTm in everything but why do the lsu posters here attack the aggies so often? 

texas a&m is far from being a formidable powerhouse in any collegiate sport. why bother with the hate? Year in and year out, they are irrelevant. the constant jabbing at the aggies gets so damn stale
on the other hand, aggies, yall are a weird bunch... some very strange traditions at that school. certainly have no ill feelings toward yall but jesus those guys in the white uniforms on your sidelines creep me out. Something about the state of Texas makes all those schools so strange, I swear....  
Imagine a fanbase with:  
- The delusion of Texas fans  
- The arrogance of A1abana fans  
- The stupidity of Missouri fans  
- The expectations of Patriots fans  

While accomplishing as much as Rutgers.  

That is why people hate Texas A&N.

This nails it. They also lie a lot and do pitiful things like inventing fake National Championships because they can’t win them for real. They also act here like their Athletics have a lot more money than everyone else yet other schools have hired some of their coaches and even their AD. Lies they fabricate to mask their mediocre football results. 

Despite it all I like Texans in general. Good people as long as nothing Texas related is the subject of conversation.
I'll give that guy a hint. The hate for the aggies comes from their belligerent chest beating, coat tail riding, obnoxious behavior. 
naw

it's

MULEDICK.

no backsies

b17a58e43a07fbe785d616b1830983ad.gif
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Texas A&M University’s Vision 2020 Peers
Texas A&M University
Georgia Tech
Indiana Univ
Michigan State