5 Northern Colorado 10 3 .130 0 0.30
5 Arkansas 10 15 .429 2 1.50
7 Maine 7 7 .333 0 1.00
8 Western Michigan 6 9 .429 1 1.50
8 St. John's (NY) 6 6 .333 0 1.00
8 Texas A&M 6 2 .143 0 0.33
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How many elite college baseball programs have never won a CWS series? Asking for literally every single person in the entire planet.

"An inside look at the Cleveland Browns football team, one of the most elite and storied franchises in NFL history!"

at least the browns had some NFL championships

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How many elite college baseball programs have never won a CWS series? Asking for literally every single person in the entire planet.

"An inside look at the Cleveland Browns football team, one of the most elite and storied franchises in NFL history!"

To be fair, the Browns were pretty good before the merger in the 1950s. I think they won 3 NFL championships. Infinitely more than what Aggy has done in baseball. Or football for that matter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

To be fair, the Browns were pretty good before the merger in the 1950s. I think they won 3 NFL championships. Infinitely more than what Aggy has done in baseball. Or football for that matter. 

No doubt.  Folks should not go insulting the Browns with this comparison.  Professional football championships existed before the Superbowl, and the Browns have some great history.  Ancient history, but great history,

Ag baseball, not so much.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

aggy did make a list of CWS leaders...put it on the wall

Most appearances without a CWS championship[edit]

Top 10
Rank School Appearances Wins CWS Winning % Runner-up Wins Per Appearance
1 Florida State 23 30 .387 3 1.30
2 Clemson 12 12 .333 0 1.00
3 North Carolina 11 18 .439 2 1.64
3 Mississippi State 11 13 .371 1 1.18
7 Maine 7 7 .333 0 1.00

aggy, st johns, western michigan, maine.... ELITES

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah but the OG Browns play their home games in Baltimore now. The Cleveland Browns 2.0 have been to the playoffs twice in 21 years of existence and never won a single postseason game.

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

aggy did make a list of CWS leaders...put it on the wall

Most appearances without a CWS championship[edit]

Top 10
Rank School Appearances Wins CWS Winning % Runner-up Wins Per Appearance
1 Florida State 23 30 .387 3 1.30
2 Clemson 12 12 .333 0 1.00
3 North Carolina 11 18 .439 2 1.64
3 Mississippi State 11 13 .371 1 1.18
7 Maine 7 7 .333 0 1.00

You should share these facts with Mr. Clary

• Like 1

It's been noted before but making money by telling aggy exactly what they want to hear or read is a tried and true income strategy. A book about a fictional elite baseball team seems like their swindling is going in maybe not a new direction but at least one (fictional books with pretty covers) that's relatively un-plowed. The nuance among their propagandists is interesting though. Almost anything goes with fleecing aggy, except you can't combine stupidity with belligerence like Hamm or be an outright racist like Dan Figurelli. Outright and plainly obvious stupidity isn't even an automatic dis-qualifier as Olin Buchanan's case shows - he's apparently successfully shielded himself with jesus propaganda 

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It's been noted before but making money by telling aggy exactly what they want to hear or read is a tried and true income strategy. A book about a fictional elite baseball team seems like their swindling is going in maybe not a new direction but at least one (fictional books with pretty covers) that's relatively un-plowed. The nuance among their propagandists is interesting though. Almost anything goes with fleecing aggy, except you can't combine stupidity with belligerence like Hamm or be an outright racist like Dan Figurelli. Outright and plainly obvious stupidity isn't even an automatic dis-qualifier as Olin Buchanan's case shows - he's apparently successfully shielded himself with jesus propaganda 

Mr Clary's little aggy baseball book will get a helluva boost when Looch has him on his radio show to pimp it. Bunch of aggy clones out there that'll eat this shit up.

Can someone compile a list of programs that have more than 2 CWS wins? 

whats that, you say? There are EXACTLY 64 programs with more than 2 cws wins?

all 64 programs ahead of aggy must be elite then! Had no clue 22% of college baseball teams were elite

Edited by GreenspointTexas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Book idea for 2020: The Maroon Wave (The Coming Dominance of Texas A&M Athletics, Why the 2020s Will Be Known As The Aggie Decade, And Why There's Nothing Anyone Can Do To Stop It)

First I would spend a chapter or two on why A&M has traditionally exceeded expectations despite sabotage by UT, the SWC/Big 12/NCAA and self-imposed burdens like winning World War II and delaying coeducation, and why only the parts of the past that reflect well on A&M matter. So the national titles in 1919, 1927, 1939, and all of the best years in A&M history since (like 1992-93-94 and 2012) are relevant to what will happen in the next ten years, but the rest of it is tainted by things outside A&M's control that no longer exist or that A&M has grown too powerful to be affected by. 

Then I would lay the groundwork for my "theory" by talking up Jimbo Fisher, Buzz Williams, and whatever idiot is in charge of A&M baseball, along with any other sports A&M is even moderately competitive in. Like women's basketball, I guess but don't care?

Lastly I would spend the latter half of the book choosing the best current college sports programs regardless of what they have in common with A&M, and then predicting A&M will be the 2020s version of that. Clemson in football, Duke in basketball, etc. 

And to really juice things, the last chapter would be an epilogue from April 2, 2030, where a comically perfect tri-sport high school athlete (baseball, basketball and football) is sitting on a lakefront home's front porch, listening to his wise grandfather explain how much has changed for A&M over the past ten years of winning national championships in everything. It will be heavily implied that the athlete can go anywhere in the country and is considering other schools, maybe Texas and Ohio State and Alabama, whatever. But after listening, the athlete says, "Gramps, I know I'll never really understand Texas A&M from the outside, and I know A&M is the pinnacle of athletics. That's where I'm going to college!"

Dumb it down to a fourth-grade reading level and it'll sell a hundred thousand copies easy.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Book idea for 2020: The Maroon Wave (The Coming Dominance of Texas A&M Athletics, Why the 2020s Will Be Known As The Aggie Decade, And Why There's Nothing Anyone Can Do To Stop It)

That's really the perfect idea you should probably claim copyright and get it to a publisher asap. I was thinking maybe a book about an elite aggy basketball program but even the thickest among aggy would know they were being played.  And I don't think they care enough about any other sports to buy a book about them unless you combined subject matter in order to discuss how they've absolutely dominated the SEC.

Edited by Chopper

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

His Aggie Ring was at the bottom of a Central Texas lake for 42 years! Read how Dale Dykes '76 got a day-after-Christmas surprise at tx.ag/DDykesRing. Check out more Aggie Ring stories at tx.ag/LostRingStories, and even post your own – at tx.ag/profile, you can create your own news story!

82176916_10157302787134753_1470637990886

His mobile home has some very nice wall paneling.