Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

stop talking to Aggie co-workers

I wasn't talking to him.  I heard it in passing.  I don't talk about anything but work with them.

32 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

To be fair, if it is like most encounters with aggy, it was a one-sided conversation.  

This man understands.

• Like 1

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Do these fools not realize they've also had a bunch of attrition? 

sec underclassmen declaring for 2020 NFL draft:

Alabama

QB-Tua Tagovailoa
OT-Jedrick Wills
WR-Jerry Jeudy
WR-Henry Ruggs
S-Xavier McKinney
OLB-Terrell Lewis

Arkansas

S-Kamren Curl

Auburn

DE-Nick Coe
CB-Noah Igbinoghene
P-Arryn Siposs

Florida

CB-CJ Henderson

Georgia

QB-Jake Fromm
RB-Deandre Swift
OT-Andrew Thomas
OT-Isaiah Wilson
OG-Solomon Kindley

Kentucky

WR-Lynn Bowden Jr

LSU
S-Grant Delpit
LB-Patrick Queen
LB-Jacob Phillips
WR-Justin Jefferson
C-Lloyd Cushenberry
OT-Saahdiq Charles
RB-Clyde Edwards Helaire

Mississippi State

CB-Cameron Dantzler
LB-Willie Gay Jr

Missouri

TE-Albert Okwuegbunam
C-Trystan Colon-Castillo
DT-Jordan Elliot

Ole Miss

South Carolina

TE-Kyle Markway

Tennessee

Texas A&M

WR-Quartney Davis
DT-Justin Madubuike
WR-Kendrick Rogers
CB-Debione Renfro

Vanderbilt

Who's missing?

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Alabama

QB-Tua Tagovailoa
OT-Jedrick Wills
WR-Jerry Jeudy
WR-Henry Ruggs
S-Xavier McKinney
OLB-Terrell Lewis

Arkansas

S-Kamren Curl

Auburn

DE-Nick Coe
CB-Noah Igbinoghene
P-Arryn Siposs

Florida

CB-CJ Henderson

Georgia

QB-Jake Fromm
RB-Deandre Swift
OT-Andrew Thomas
OT-Isaiah Wilson
OG-Solomon Kindley

Kentucky

WR-Lynn Bowden Jr

LSU
S-Grant Delpit
LB-Patrick Queen
LB-Jacob Phillips
WR-Justin Jefferson
C-Lloyd Cushenberry
OT-Saahdiq Charles
RB-Clyde Edwards Helaire

Mississippi State

CB-Cameron Dantzler
LB-Willie Gay Jr

Missouri

TE-Albert Okwuegbunam
C-Trystan Colon-Castillo
DT-Jordan Elliot

Ole Miss

South Carolina

TE-Kyle Markway

Tennessee

Texas A&M

WR-Quartney Davis
DT-Justin Madubuike
WR-Kendrick Rogers
CB-Debione Renfro

Vanderbilt

Who's missing?

It seems like aggy is the only team to buck the trend -- for most of them, more early leavers is directly proportional to overall quality of the program.

42 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It seems like aggy is the only team to buck the trend -- for most of them, more early leavers is directly proportional to overall quality of the program.

Why would a player with no chance of making it at all in the NFL declare early? Even if he was about to get his scholarship pulled it would be in his interests to enter the portal and find someone willing to give him a year’s free room and board in exchange for playing another season and taking 4 on-line p/f courses at a school without any academic demands.

Texas A&M is a program that will go at least a quarter century without having put consecutive seasons together with a winning record in conference play. We aren’t actually talking a respected football program when we talk about aggy. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

Why would a player with no chance of making it at all in the NFL declare early? Even if he was about to get his scholarship pulled it would be in his interests to enter the portal and find someone willing to give him a year’s free room and board in exchange for playing another season and taking 4 on-line p/f courses at a school without any academic demands. 

To be fair (though I don't really see any reason to do so beyond the sheer mental exercise), why would an aggy player think anything related to school would be any harder than earning an aggy ring? All you have to do to earn one of those is breathe semi-regularly in Brazos County in two consecutive academic years. Surely the NFL is just as easy, right? Right? Whoop?

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Had Will Johnson attended a better quality of trade school, he would have eventually realized what those with a university education immediately recognize as p-hacking.

FCS teams played since 2012- Texas A&M 9, Texas 0. Or, we could look at conference wins since 2012 - Texas A&M 34, Texas 41.

The lowest possible metric of qualifying as a competitive program is to have a winning record in conference play. If you can't at least finish above .500 in conference play, there is no possible way one can misrepresent any data set to conclude the program is competitive on the national stage.

A&M has the ignominious distinction of going a quarter-century without having been able to put together consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play. Not just in S!E!C! play, but they suffered the same lack of competitiveness for well over a decade while still in the Big 12.

That anyone even attempts to misrepresent aggy football over the past quarter-century as anything but mediocre speaks to the cluelessness of that individual.

However, lying to themselves has become a crucial part of the aggy experience, so I guess aggy gotta do what aggy gotta do to get through the day.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

A&M has the ignominious distinction of going a quarter-century without having been able to put together consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play.

their last conference title was in 1998, 21 years ago

there aren't many active CFB players, at this point, who were even alive the last time they won a conference title-- in another year or two, there will be practically zero minus some Mormon missionaries and minor league baseball castoffs

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Had Will Johnson attended a better quality of trade school, he would have eventually realized what those with a university education immediately recognize as p-hacking.

FCS teams played since 2012- Texas A&M 9, Texas 0. Or, we could look at conference wins since 2012 - Texas A&M 34, Texas 41.

The lowest possible metric of qualifying as a competitive program is to have a winning record in conference play. If you can't at least finish above .500 in conference play, there is no possible way one can misrepresent any data set to conclude the program is competitive on the national stage.

A&M has the ignominious distinction of going a quarter-century without having been able to put together consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play. Not just in S!E!C! play, but they suffered the same lack of competitiveness for well over a decade while still in the Big 12.

That anyone even attempts to misrepresent aggy football over the past quarter-century as anything but mediocre speaks to the cluelessness of that individual.

However, lying to themselves has become a crucial part of the aggy experience, so I guess aggy gotta do what aggy gotta do to get through the day.

Someone with a twitter account needs to drop this stat onto that dickhole's tweet.

CHIEF

22 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Alabama

QB-Tua Tagovailoa
OT-Jedrick Wills
WR-Jerry Jeudy
WR-Henry Ruggs
S-Xavier McKinney
OLB-Terrell Lewis

Arkansas

S-Kamren Curl

Auburn

DE-Nick Coe
CB-Noah Igbinoghene
P-Arryn Siposs

Florida

CB-CJ Henderson

Georgia

QB-Jake Fromm
RB-Deandre Swift
OT-Andrew Thomas
OT-Isaiah Wilson
OG-Solomon Kindley

Kentucky

WR-Lynn Bowden Jr

LSU
S-Grant Delpit
LB-Patrick Queen
LB-Jacob Phillips
WR-Justin Jefferson
C-Lloyd Cushenberry
OT-Saahdiq Charles
RB-Clyde Edwards Helaire

Mississippi State

CB-Cameron Dantzler
LB-Willie Gay Jr

Missouri

TE-Albert Okwuegbunam
C-Trystan Colon-Castillo
DT-Jordan Elliot

Ole Miss

South Carolina

TE-Kyle Markway

Tennessee

Texas A&M

WR-Quartney Davis
DT-Justin Madubuike
WR-Kendrick Rogers
CB-Debione Renfro

Vanderbilt

Who's missing?

Add Chaisson, from LSU, to this list.

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

Someone with a twitter account needs to drop this stat onto that dickhole's tweet.

CHIEF

The ags will continue to underperform for the rest of our lives, in part because they refuse to objectively look at themselves and admit to their weaknesses. 

If they can’t recognize and admit the weaknesses their opponents recognize and exploit, they will never minimize their weaknesses. 

Wash, rinse, repeat. Advantage aggy. 

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

minus wins over FCS programs, the win totals drop to A&M 59, Texas 58

and the great thing is, that still lets A&M count their wins over UTSA, Texas State, and UAB, all of which are practically FCS programs anyway

Let's add further context:

Since 2012, Texas A&M has played 9 FCS teams and was 9-0 against them. The Aggies have also played 17 G-5 teams and were 17-0 against them.  They played 64 conference games.

In that same time frame, Texas has played 0 FCS teams. The Longhorns also played 10 G-5 teams and were 10-0 against them. They played 73 conference games.

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Seems simple then. Take the records over that timespan, subtract 26-0 from A&M and 10-0 from Texas and display each school's record against P5 teams.

spacer.png

Oooo! Oooo! Mr. Kotter! Mr. Kotter!

A&M is 42-36 and Texas is 48-45 versus P5 teams in that timeframe.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1

Yes, but aggy is in the midst of their glorious 100 year decision while UT is wandering in the desert of the worst decade of their football history. Aggy celebrates their mediocrity by bragging about which teams cornholed them, while UT fans want to tar and feather the entire athletic department.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes, but aggy is in the midst of their glorious 100 year decision while UT is wandering in the desert of the worst decade of their football history. Aggy celebrates their mediocrity by bragging about which teams cornholed them. while UT fans want to tar and feather the entire athletic department.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I haven't noticed that we're prancing around on twitter bragging about it.

Exactly.  We're extremely disappointed in the past decade, and in the 2019 season.  Our 7-5 coach was forced to demote or fire his top assistants.

The ags, on the other hand, are crowing about how going 7-5 sets them up perfectly for a national championship run.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/since-2010-every-secw-school-played-in-a-bcs-ny6-bowl-game/88114248/

Since 2010, every SECW school played in a BCS/NY6 bowl gamePosted on 1/17/20 at 3:52 pm

LSU: 2011 BCSNCG, 2018 Fiesta, 2019 CFPNCG
Alabama: too many too count
Arkansas: 2010 Sugar
Auburn: 2010 BCSNCG, 2013 BCSNCG, 2016 Sugar, 2017 Peach
Ole Miss: 2014 peach, 2015 sugar
State: 2014 Orange

Sorry if I missed anyone

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Aggy is very quick to mention that cotton bowl as a BCS/NY6 bowl, and not what it really was, what currently equates to the Alamo Bowl.    They also call NYE bowls NY Bowls because they are either stupid, or dishonest, or both. You never see it corrected on Texags.  The LSU posters don’t let them get away with that shit on rant, and take every opportunity to dunk on aggy posters.  Pretty much the only redeeming quality I can find in LSU. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I guess we could count the Texas schools the same way...

TCU - 2014 Peach (W)

Houston - 2015 Peach (W)

Baylor - 2015 Cotton (L) & 2020 Sugar (L)

Texas - 2019 Sugar (W)

Sorry if I missed anyone

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Let's add further context:

Since 2012, Texas A&M has played 9 FCS teams and was 9-0 against them. The Aggies have also played 17 G-5 teams and were 17-0 against them.  They played 64 conference games.

In that same time frame, Texas has played 0 FCS teams. The Longhorns also played 10 G-5 teams and were 10-0 against them. They played 73 conference games.

Stupid sip. How many quality losses does aggy have compared UT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I guess we could count the Texas schools the same way...

TCU - 2014 Peach (W)

Houston - 2015 Peach (W)

Baylor - 2015 Cotton (L) & 2020 Sugar (L)

Texas - 2019 Sugar (W)

Sorry if I missed anyone

TCU won the Rose Bowl in 2011, too.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

A couple of days ago an aggy co-worker was saying that all of the transfers and players leaving for the NFL were doing so because they could see that the incoming freshmen were going to pass them on the depth chart, so they, as good aggy, were getting out of the way for the betterment of the team.  Because they are good aggy and would do anything for dear old aggy.  So, it's not attrition, and it won't hurt them like it will Bama and LSU.

that's some good bull.  tell your co-worker i repped you for his story.

Decided to take a rare visit to SECRANT after Gata beat Auburn today, and there was a thread by some guy saying that only four SEC teams knew anything about Championships, and anyone else should shut the fuck up. He listed Bama, Florida, LSU and Auburn.  

This Aggy replied: " There are only 15 teams to ever win a women's basketball title. None of the 4 teams in the OP is on that list, but there are 3 SEC teams that are"  

So I knew he was really an Aggy.  😅

• Haha 1

A couple of days ago an aggy co-worker was saying that all of the transfers and players leaving for the NFL were doing so because they could see that the incoming freshmen were going to pass them on the depth chart, so they, as good aggy, were getting out of the way for the betterment of the team.  Because they are good aggy and would do anything for dear old aggy.  So, it's not attrition, and it won't hurt them like it will Bama and LSU.

I believe this to be 100% true

On 1/14/2020 at 7:11 AM, closetojumping said:

I took my four little kids to see Santa after Thanksgiving a few years back, as parents do. I see Santa spending an inordinate amount of time in a conversation with my daughter and middle son, ages 6 and 4 at the time. They look concerned and they’re looking at me. My wife and I are a little like “wtf?”. Anyway, they eventually come over and we wait for the picture and check out.

My wife asks my daughter what they talked to Santa for so long about and she proceeds to explain that Santa was telling them that I won’t be getting any gifts for Christmas because I am a sip, and if they grow up to be “sips” that attend UT, they won’t get any gifts either. I realized I had a UT shirt on. 

Now, that is fucking unbelievable. But it’s also a dilemma. Do you confront the fucking idiot dressed up as someone they think has some level of authority over their holiday outcomes, and become the guy that attacked Santa in public? Or just explain it away to your kids? Only an aggie is that shitty of a human being and that stupid of an individual. Which is what I explained to my children without impugning the concept of Santa as best as I could. 

Dilemma?

You don’t have to say a thing.

Did they stop making battery acid? Just a little splash will register you discontent with Santa Agro.