• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 1/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

A couple of days ago an aggy co-worker was saying that all of the transfers and players leaving for the NFL were doing so because they could see that the incoming freshmen were going to pass them on the depth chart, so they, as good aggy, were getting out of the way for the betterment of the team.  Because they are good aggy and would do anything for dear old aggy.  So, it's not attrition, and it won't hurt them like it will Bama and LSU.

That is the aggiest fucking thing I've read in awhile, which is saying something.

I'm sorry you've gotta work and converse with aggy. I hope he's not your boss...yeah, I know. Unlikely

6 hours ago, HeyMcFly said:

With that shitty ass schedule... 9 wins is the floor for them... and ceiling since they aren't beating LSU, Bama and one of the miss school.

I don't think they'll beat Auburn, either. Their soon to be soph QB isn't great, but he's miles better than anything their defense can stop. 

19 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't think they'll beat Auburn, either. Their soon to be soph QB isn't great, but he's miles better than anything their defense can stop. 

Auburn returns Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, and Eli Stove stove at WR as well.  That scrub secondary ain't covering those giys.

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Auburn returns Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, and Eli Stove stove at WR as well.  That scrub secondary ain't covering those giys.

Listen, I hope you’re correct, but Auburn loses almost the entire OL and almost the whole secondary. 13 starters gone in total. That’s a lot to replace. 

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, I hope you’re correct, but Auburn loses almost the entire OL and almost the whole secondary. 13 starters gone in total. That’s a lot to replace. 

Their OL losses are definitely a concern for them, but Steele rotates players heavily throughout their defense in all game situations. Auburn really needs Bo Nix to improve heavily so their receivers can actually take advantage of their talent. Also, they'll likely start all redshirt juniors or JUCO guys on the OL to replace their starters (who actually didn't block as well as their experience indicates). It'll be interesting to see what Chad Morris can do with their offense. I think their biggest issue is the DL losses since they can't really replace Derrick Brown or Marlon Davidson.

A&M is one of my twins’ safety school. He is top-12% at Bowie HS in Austin and top 10% on his SAT. He is accepted into their vet medicine/biomedical science college.

He will CAP into UT Austin at any college he his offered. I think UT-D took longer to accept him than Aggy.

Please, Jeebus, let him into UT!

• Like 5

That's the only real wildcard game in their schedule. 10-2 if they beat Auburn, 9-3 if not. The fcs gauntlet in September is laughable. Should roll the miss schools. Everything else is easy.

3 hours ago, markstanco said:
9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That's the only real wildcard game in their schedule. 10-2 if they beat Auburn, 9-3 if not. The fcs gauntlet in September is laughable. Should roll the miss schools. Everything else is easy.

Eh.  I would not count out The Pirate against aggy.

50 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

At this point, it's not really close. And the gap is only growing. Seriously, only aggy could take a mediocre product and continuously find new ways to fuck it up.

Let’s take the opportunity to pause the perpetually scheduled programming and have you give is an update on NC. Any luck on the land hunt? Or did you find something already?

Edited by SydneyCarton

12 hours ago, Austinvines said:

A&M is one of my twins’ safety school. He is top-12% at Bowie HS in Austin and top 10% on his SAT. He is accepted into their vet medicine/biomedical science college.

If he does go A&M, consider switching out of BIMS to straight Bio Honors. IIRC, their (bio dept) acceptance rate into professional schools is higher when you dial down into the stats and many of the lower lever science courses are taken through them anyway due to Vet being a professional school. It was developed as a money maker for them (Vet) and they push/promote it on the tours (I was a trailing parent behind the group on the last tour listening to the spiel). Slick sales pitch, but speaking with the faculty in a scheduled appointment was more enlightening.

UT-Dallas has really upped their game a lot. It's losing some of the commuter school vibe for sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

UT-Dallas is a much better school than aggy. 

My nephew goes there. According to my sister, UTD has been a better school than Aggy for close to 30 years. She's also a UT grad and despises Aggy.

Nephew got into UT but he got money to go to UTD and he likes the vibe there apparently.

31 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

My nephew goes there. According to my sister, UTD has been a better school than Aggy for close to 30 years. She's also a UT grad and despises Aggy.

Nephew got into UT but he got money to go to UTD and he likes the vibe there apparently.

A&M does reasonably well at any field of study where rote memorization is used to transfer knowledge to students. In any field of study that requires understanding of concepts and combining various aspects to practice meaningful learning or associative learning, Texas A&M badly trails any number of other schools. Rote knowledge is the essence of the aggy culture and the aggy educational experience. Plain and simple. aggys aren't taught to process information, they are taught to recall information, and often the information they recally was not properly understood at first or incorrect.

Think back on the aggy bonfire clusterfuck. They relied on recalling information that had been passed down from one class to another. Not one of them were capable of examining the various elements of the design and construction to piece together the extremely obvious fact that what there were doing was insanely misguided and was likely to get people seriously injured, if not killed. From John Sharp on down, the list of those capable of putting together the various aspects of what they were doing was ill-conceived. Those who could proecss the information were attacked as threats to the insular nature of aggy culture.

When considering Texas A&M, the question is whether the prospective student is capable of meaningful or associative learning. Not whether they could memorize the basics of high school instruction well enough to score well on standardized tests - aggys often show an ability to master rote learning by scoring well on standardized tests.

Think of it this way, an aggy can memorize the alphabet, but will scream "Talk Amercan, you fucking ferner commie bastard! Whoop!" when introduced to those from foreign cultures. Those who understand the differences between cultures understand there are many languages and dialects used throughout the world. An aggy can follow instruction or recall from memory how to rebuild the transmission on his broken down farm truck, but he can't innately realize the instructions contain an error or the way he remembers to to the job isn't making logical sense.

Bottom line - Fuck aggy. If I had told my father I had even requested an application to Texas A&M he would have been humiliated that he had possibly raised a son with low aptitude, small minded aspirations and shit for brains.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let’s take the opportunity to pause the perpetually scheduled programming and have you give is an update on NC. Any luck on the land hunt? Or did you find something already?

I've got about four acres of farmland right in the middle of the forest. It is pinch-me-I-can't-believe-it so much better than College Station, it's not funny. I mean, by default, it was going to be better, but the truth is, I had carved out a nice little niche for myself in what is undoubtedly the most liberal neighborhood in College Station, but it still rankled any time I had to travel further than two blocks away from home.

Now? For about 1/10th of what I would have had to pay in Austin (mind you, I bought at a foreclosure auction, so "real dollars" probably 1/4th of what I would have paid in Austin) I've got enough space to grow any damned thing I want. What's really funny is, I brought along some handouts from my favorite aggy soil scientists to compare to my new digs -- according to aggy, I can't really grow anything but pine trees here. More clay than a pottery barn, more acid than a grateful dead concert, and only about an acre where the sun shines fully for more than 6-8 hours a day.

That's why I listen to botanists, not "agricultural scientists". I'll post pictures of my plentiful harvests later, in the gardening thread, if you're really interested. It's also the very definition of "fixer-upper" for a farmhouse, but hey, you get what you pay for. 

I should have mentioned it upthread, of course, but... I've run into Mack once, and Brewster twice since moving here. Didn't stop either one for a chat on any of the three occasions, because I'm not really interested, but two things are apparent from brief encounters:  Mack is perfect for this place -- floor is mediocrity, which is more than they frequently get in football, and ceiling is looking competitive even if they aren't actually; he seems waaaay more relaxed than I ever recall seeing him, even in his analyst days. Second, any thought that Brewster was seriously considering aggy? Yeah, that would be a level of obtuseness only possible for someone with an aggy education. The first time I saw him, he was out jogging; the second time? Yeah, he was checking out a co-ed a little too intently. He didn't see me seeing him, but he did jerk his head up quickly as if suddenly realizing he was in public. I just wish I'd filmed it. Middle-aged creeper dude getting caught is internet gold.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I've got about four acres of farmland right in the middle of the forest. It is pinch-me-I-can't-believe-it so much better than College Station, it's not funny. I mean, by default, it was going to be better, but the truth is, I had carved out a nice little niche for myself in what is undoubtedly the most liberal neighborhood in College Station, but it still rankled any time I had to travel further than two blocks away from home.

Now? For about 1/10th of what I would have had to pay in Austin (mind you, I bought at a foreclosure auction, so "real dollars" probably 1/4th of what I would have paid in Austin) I've got enough space to grow any damned thing I want. What's really funny is, I brought along some handouts from my favorite aggy soil scientists to compare to my new digs -- according to aggy, I can't really grow anything but pine trees here. More clay than a pottery barn, more acid than a grateful dead concert, and only about an acre where the sun shines fully for more than 6-8 hours a day.

That's why I listen to botanists, not "agricultural scientists". I'll post pictures of my plentiful harvests later, in the gardening thread, if you're really interested. It's also the very definition of "fixer-upper" for a farmhouse, but hey, you get what you pay for. 

I should have mentioned it upthread, of course, but... I've run into Mack once, and Brewster twice since moving here. Didn't stop either one for a chat on any of the three occasions, because I'm not really interested, but two things are apparent from brief encounters:  Mack is perfect for this place -- floor is mediocrity, which is more than they frequently get in football, and ceiling is looking competitive even if they aren't actually; he seems waaaay more relaxed than I ever recall seeing him, even in his analyst days. Second, any thought that Brewster was seriously considering aggy? Yeah, that would be a level of obtuseness only possible for someone with an aggy education. The first time I saw him, he was out jogging; the second time? Yeah, he was checking out a co-ed a little too intently. He didn't see me seeing him, but he did jerk his head up quickly as if suddenly realizing he was in public. I just wish I'd filmed it. Middle-aged creeper dude getting caught is internet gold.

That's awesome man. I'm really glad to hear you're doing well and are happy. Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TBGFL said:

The criteria for auto-admit at UTD or Texas A&M has changed over the past few years and UTD has become considerably more selective.

In 2014, auto-admit to UTD required one of

• SAT 1200 or greater (Math + Verbal)
  • ACT 26 or greater
  • top-15% of class

In 2014, Aggy auto-admit required one of

• top-10%
  • top-25% AND 1300 SAT (min 600 on each of Math/Verbal, IIRC) - I forget the ACT

Today

UTD - top-10%

Texas A&M - one of

• top-10%
  • top-25% AND [1360 SAT (min 620M, 660V) OR 30 ACT (min 27 M/V)]

Fwiw, the SAT changed in 2016 and the College Board's own concordance shows that a 1360 on the new SAT is the same as a 1300 on the old SAT.

Since 2014, UTD's auto-admit standards have improved and Aggy's have not.  UTD's mid-50 SAT scores have been consistently higher than Aggy for some time. 

In the 2014 time-frame, they were offering significant $$ to top students.  I'm not sure if that has rolled off at this point.

1 hour ago, boilerhorn said:

The criteria for auto-admit at UTD or Texas A&M has changed over the past few years and UTD has become considerably more selective.

In 2014, auto-admit to UTD required one of

• SAT 1200 or greater (Math + Verbal)
  • ACT 26 or greater
  • top-15% of class

In 2014, Aggy auto-admit required one of

• top-10%
  • top-25% AND 1300 SAT (min 600 on each of Math/Verbal, IIRC) - I forget the ACT

Today

UTD - top-10%

Texas A&M - one of

• top-10%
  • top-25% AND [1360 SAT (min 620M, 660V) OR 30 ACT (min 27 M/V)]

Fwiw, the SAT changed in 2016 and the College Board's own concordance shows that a 1360 on the new SAT is the same as a 1300 on the old SAT.

Since 2014, UTD's auto-admit standards have improved and Aggy's have not.  UTD's mid-50 SAT scores have been consistently higher than Aggy for some time. 

In the 2014 time-frame, they were offering significant $$ to top students.  I'm not sure if that has rolled off at this point.

Interesting. I know next to nothing about UTD except that its in Richardson and that its supposed to be a good education. I've been in Florida since I left Austin for law school in 1994.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/FSU-football-TJ-Rushing-defensive-backs-coach-Texas-AM-142487165/

It appears that Florida State is back in the market for a defensive backs coach as TJ Rushing is reportedly joining Texas A&M to coach the secondary.

Football Scoop is reporting that Rushing is leaving FSU for the SEC school, less than a month after he joined the Seminoles’ staff under coach Mike Norvell.

Noles247 reached out to FSU for comment on Rushing’s status with the program but did not hear back immediately from the school. Rushing was at FSU on Sunday, assisting in an official visit weekend that included three-star safety Donovan Kaufman. Rushing, however, did leave on Sunday morning shortly after Kaufman’s visit wrapped up and he was not observed in returning to FSU’s football offices for at least the next several hours as other official visits were ongoing.

Edited by Gatorubet

aggy on. SEC RANT claiming aggy is Punter U 

A&M punters win awards, set records and have prolific NFL careersPosted by CGSC Lobotomy iconTexasAM.gif online on 1/18/20 at 11:57 pm
LSU punters cut their dicks off. 

To recap: 

Braden Mann - NCAA Single Season net punting average record holder (beat LSU punter Chad Kessler), 2018 Ray Guy Award Winner 

Shane Lechler - NFL all-time career net punting average leader, future Hall-of-Famer 

Brad Wing - Tranny

1 hour ago, US183 said:

A&M punters win awards, set records and have prolific NFL careersPosted by CGSC Lobotomy iconTexasAM.gif online on 1/18/20 at 11:57 pm

To recap: 

Braden Mann - NCAA Single Season net punting average record holder (beat LSU punter Chad Kessler), 2018 Ray Guy Award Winner 

Shane Lechler - NFL all-time career net punting average leader, future Hall-of-Famer 

Brad Wing - Tranny

Did LSU even punt against aggy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, US183 said:

To recap: 

Brad Wing - Tranny

neildegrasse.jpg

Re: My comments yesterday regarding how aggy are fucking clueless when it comes to meaningful and associative learning. They are firmly convinced the Arizona State and Houston Community College approach to swelling "alumni" is the key to building a "great university."

As if Arizona State is the epitome of American post-secondary education and schools such as Harvard and Yale are left bereft because they are more exclusive.

Advantage aggy.

Let's remember their privately donated endowment since 1876 has barely reached $500 million, and the entirety of what they claim as the basis of being "the wealthiest public university in the nation" is derived from The TAMU System's income derived from their existence as the agricultural branch college of The University of Texas.

The "TAMU System" part is illumniative as it shows how the Texas A&M administrators, and alumni, absolutely refuse to admit that Prairie View A&M is every bit as entitled to participate in the UT endowment income as the agricultural branch college itself, except for the fact the racist nature of the TAMU College Station administrators, and its alumni, will never allow the "negro college" to be treated with the respect it is due.

Logic dictates that if Texas A&M is allowed to claim to be "the wealthiest public university in the nation," it's HBCU branch should equally be the "wealthiest HBCU in the nation." But, nope, not at Texas A&M. "Tradition" dictates white, male privilege and the vocational nature of the institution take priority over the interests of people of the state of Texas, especially those of color. As the racial demographics of Texas change, Texas A&M will have an increasingly uncomoprtable problem trying to maintain its "while, male privilege" culture.

The size of our student body is nothing to brag about
It is when you realize that the future alumni base for support of the school and the athletics is derived from the size of the current student body.

As I said yesterday, the "aggy educational experience" leaves aggys completely incapable of intrinsically recognizing logical fallacies. Those fuckers couldn't build a piles of sticks without fucking it up and killing people. Let that sink in for a while.

If, since 1876, the privately funded endowments of Texas A&M-College Station barely reach $500mil, how is swelling the enrollment to match that of Houston Community College going to change the financial fortunes of the state's cow college?

2020 isn't going to be a good year for aggys. There is shit going on that they have no clue of that is going to bite them on the ass. Big time.

Just be patient.

Re: My comments yesterday regarding how aggy are fucking clueless when it comes to meaningful and associative learning. They are firmly convinced the Arizona State and Houston Community College approach to swelling "alumni" is the key to building a "great university."
As if Arizona State is the epitome of American post-secondary education and schools such as Harvard and Yale are left bereft because they are more exclusive.
Advantage aggy.

Jimmy Fallon last night:

530dccbddae9f0407830c8669ab9f649.jpg
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Think back on the aggy bonfire clusterfuck. They relied on recalling information that had been passed down from one class to another.

It was my understanding at the time that there was a construction manual, prepared by a CE prof, which had been used for the "wedding cake" bonfires, and specifically required a certain number of double-length logs to tie each layer to the next instead of them just sitting atop. The professor moved to CSU, and the next year the faculaty advisers neglected to use the manual. 

This may be untrue, but I've not seen it refuted - although, be fair, I've not looked for such.

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

It was my understanding at the time that there was a construction manual, prepared by a CE prof, which had been used for the "wedding cake" bonfires, and specifically required a certain number of double-length logs to tie each layer to the next instead of them just sitting atop. The professor moved to CSU, and the next year the faculaty advisers neglected to use the manual. 

This may be untrue, but I've not seen it refuted - although, be fair, I've not looked for such.

"Organizational factors resulted in an environment in which a complex and dangerous structure was allowed to be built without adequate physical or engineering controls. Organizational failure included the absence of an appropriate written design or design process; a cultural bias, which impedes risk identification; and the lack of a proactive risk management approach."

P.3:

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-133.pdf

I am sure aggys will insist there was a very detailed written construction manual. I'm equally sure it is kept in their "Hall of Champions" trophy case right next to all their football, baseball, and basketball national championship trophies.

Edited by Randolph Duke

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

... Organizational failure included the absence of an appropriate written design...

Lemme just abbreviate your standard Wall'o'Words™ response, there. 

Reminds me of the Rapelor responses denying malfeasance... "absence" and "appropriate" do not mean the plans didn't exist, nor that they weren't available, or even that they weren't recalled. It appears, from photos and films of the process, they were not tieing the layers together, which was a proximate cause of the stack's collapse.

I'm not sure which is worse, building it without planning or neglecting to use existing plans. I'm leaning toward believing the story of the manual, but either way it's a clear message of moronic behavior. Your opinion may be otherwise, but that's not something I give a fuck about.