Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

5 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

When do we hear about the Christmas surprise?

Ah, the Christmas surprise!

The attorneys have my Christmas gift on their desk. I've got a version of it, but I'm not at liberty to post it yet. There was a case that was argued before the U.S. Supreme Court in early November (Allen v Cooper https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/allen-v-cooper/).

I have "gird my loins" until the Supremes decide it is time for them to sing. 12th Man. Sovereign immunity. Trademark. aggy stupidity.

Trust me, I'm working on it.

• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Lemme just abbreviate your standard Wall'o'Words™ response, there. 

Reminds me of the Rapelor responses denying malfeasance... "absence" and "appropriate" do not mean the plans didn't exist, nor that they weren't available, or even that they weren't recalled. It appears, from photos and films of the process, they were not tieing the layers together, which was a proximate cause of the stack's collapse.

I'm not sure which is worse, building it without planning or neglecting to use existing plans. I'm leaning toward believing the story of the manual, but either way it's a clear message of moronic behavior. Your opinion may be otherwise, but that's not something I give a fuck about.

Maybe you are correct. The federal investigators assigned to review the incident may have just been "butt hurt sips" who lied about just how meticulous aggys were about safety considerations. Between the two of us, I'd suggest leaning the other direction.

"There are no official guidelines regulating the actual construction of the stack, but recommendations are passed down each year from the Red Pots. The Red Pots are a group of nine seniors and nine juniors that actually manage the overall construction of the bonfire. The Red Pot in overall command is known as the Heat Stack." (p.9)

I'm sure "the plans" also called for the beer cans (you know, to add stability to the foundation):

"More than 2,300 documents and photographs were released under the Texas Open Records Act, including photographs, which revealed the presence of beer cans and bottles at the scene. One of the documents released was a December 9, 1999 memo from a professor of mechanical engineering appointed as the head of the A&M staff team to assist the commission in their inquiry. His memo stated that the bonfire stack, at the time of the collapse, was not forty feet as originally reported, but the four-tiered stack was already 59 feet high and had two more stacks to go before being completed.

His memo to the Commission reported the height, which does not include the seven-foot outhouse on top, as being eighteen feet on the first tier, sixteen feet on the second, fourteen feet on the third, and eleven feet on the fourth. The fifth tier was designed to have been nine feet and sixth is typically four to five feet in height. Therefore, the completed height would have been just over seventy feet, rather than the fifty-five foot standard set by the university." (p. 20)

Had the incident not happened just a few feet from the presidential library of the then-sitting governor of Texas, the fucking morons responsible for the senseless deaths of those twelve students would have been tried and convicted of negligent homicide. But because those were aggys, and because Texans have been taught to expect less from aggys, the rednecks responsible were patted on the head as moronic aggy idiots are often treated and no one was ever held responsible. Oh, and the aggys turned the whole episode into a twisted and sick marketing idea to encourage more underperforming kids to attend Texas A&M. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

University of Texas at Manhattan!

https://commercialobserver.com/2020/01/university-of-texas-plans-manhattan-campus-28-west-44th-street/

UT Austin students will come to New York to “intern in a field related to their interests and study online with UT Austin-based faculty in courses tailored to the New York urban environment,” according to the program’s website. Roughly 50 students are expected to participate in the spring 2020 semester.

Meanwhile, aggy can go to collie Station and stick their arms up a cow’s ass!

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

University of Texas at Manhattan!

https://commercialobserver.com/2020/01/university-of-texas-plans-manhattan-campus-28-west-44th-street/

UT Austin students will come to New York to “intern in a field related to their interests and study online with UT Austin-based faculty in courses tailored to the New York urban environment,” according to the program’s website. Roughly 50 students are expected to participate in the spring 2020 semester.

Meanwhile, aggy can go to collie Station and stick their arms up a cow’s ass!

The college of communication called me asking for some money in regards to helping finance the interns and program participants who will head up there. Pretty cool stuff. 

• Like 2

"“Wildcats” at Texas A&M are markers of your A&M Class – but it wasn’t always so! Tell us what you remember and what you learned!
🙌 Today’s fish wildcat has been around since at least the 1940s
🗣 Aggie seniors have only been whooping since the 1960s (and it wasn’t “whoop” with a P at first!)
👍 1974’s yearbook notes that “whoop” had become a junior privilege
👉👈 But the “A-A-A-A” for sophomores and “A-A-A-whoop” for juniors didn’t become widespread across the whole student body until the 1980s!"

82452273_10157342493589753_6521556484881

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

"“Wildcats” at Texas A&M are markers of your A&M Class – but it wasn’t always so! Tell us what you remember and what you learned!
🗣 Aggie seniors have only been whooping since the 1960s (and it wasn’t “whoop” with a P at first!)
👉👈 But the “A-A-A-A” for sophomores and “A-A-A-whoop” for juniors didn’t become widespread across the whole student body until the 1980s!"

Wildcat, fish, A-A-A whoop...what the actual fuck does any of this mean and how (more importantly, why) do they keep up with it all? It just doesn't seem like real life. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wildcat, fish, A-A-A whoop...what the actual fuck does any of this mean and how (more importantly, why) do they keep up with it all? It just doesn't seem like real life. 

You gotta become fluent in dumbfuck before you can understand it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

31 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Count me in as well in terms of not understanding what in the fuck I just read ... or saw.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:46 PM, Tex Long said:

Lemme just abbreviate your standard Wall'o'Words™ response, there. 

Reminds me of the Rapelor responses denying malfeasance... "absence" and "appropriate" do not mean the plans didn't exist, nor that they weren't available, or even that they weren't recalled. It appears, from photos and films of the process, they were not tieing the layers together, which was a proximate cause of the stack's collapse.

I'm not sure which is worse, building it without planning or neglecting to use existing plans. I'm leaning toward believing the story of the manual, but either way it's a clear message of moronic behavior. Your opinion may be otherwise, but that's not something I give a fuck about.

I will add what I recall but don't feel like looking up. TexLong's story sounds like an Aggie cover story. I know TexLong is no more an Aggie conspirator than I am. It's just one of those plausible sounding lies they come up with.

My recollection is that there was an engineering professor at A&M at the time who had more than once warned the school that the design and execution formed a catastrophe waiting to happen. He was still there when the bonfire stack collapsed and killed the drunk students who had no business working on such an exaggerated and pointless endeavor.

Immediately Aggies and local law enforcement closed ranks around the disaster as though it was the last stand of the Spartans at Thermopylae. What kind of sorry bastard raises engineering issues in the face of such a heroic story? Ill-founded myths of heroism and sacrifice replaced rational thought. God and Dinesh ensured the Aggie victory over tu.

YOU CAN'T SPOIL THAT OR WE WILL KICK YOUR ASS!

The pervasion of Idiot World. We live in great days for those such as aggy.

Had a buddy that was a Capt. On College Station Fire say when they showed up there were beer cans and whiskey bottles everywhere. After working several hours he noticed all tjise cans and bottles were gone. That was prior to case photos being taken by the fire marshalls office.
Yeah, those aggys circled ranks trying to control the narrative and covering their cowardly asses.

• Like 1

You guys seem to like to talk about students dying.  Is there any truth to the rumor that Whitman was actually working for the track and football teams and was trying to find someone that could run a 4.3 40?  Doesn't sound like he found anyone. 

What’s the over/under on how long your bitch ass gets booted? I bet you’re a miserable fuck in real life.
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, heights guy said:

You guys seem to like to talk about students dying.  Is there any truth to the rumor that Whitman was actually working for the track and football teams and was trying to find someone that could run a 4.3 40?  Doesn't sound like he found anyone. 

Our school didn't murder a bunch of drunk students. Yours did.

Classiest fans in America, folks. The envy of the rest of the country.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, heights guy said:

He wouldn't have had enough bullets for the aggy football team.

40 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Heights Guy, we never knew ye.  Now go fuck yourself.

I would have left that post up. aggys depend on "unapproved speech" being scrubbed from various forums so they can deny any aggy ever made the comment in question.

aggy stupidity has been allowed, tolerated, covered up, sanitized and condoned far too long. That one of those idiot rednecks laughed at mass murder and laughing asserted it was a conscious effort of academic administrators to somehow add to the fortunes of the school's athletics program says a lot about how the aggy mind works.

aggys are seriously fucked up people. There are a number of individuals working behind the scenes to deliver the aggy administrators and alumni a harsh lesson in accountability. Let's hope this comes to fruition. 2020 could be a very bad year for aggy stupidity, dishonesty and dumbfuckery.

Let's hope so, because the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 1:50 PM, Vic Mackey said:

I can't.. I don't even, I mean

What. The. Fuck?

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

How long before they have coronavirus commemorative cups?

Can someone photoshop coronavirus champion on the stadium wall?

Maybe they can put it on that “trophy” they gave jumbo. They’d actually get to fill in the date on 20__!