Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

I saw an aggy talking about Bjork being a great get because he made a lot of good hires at Ole Miss. I'm trying to find one example of a good hire by Bjork at Ole Miss. 
Women's basketball (McPhee -McCuin): 9-22 and 7-12 in her first two years. 
Women's basketball (Insell): Never made the tournament from 13-18. Fired. 
Volleyball (McRoberts): I don't think he ever made the tournament from 14-19. Resigned. 
Football (Luke): Fired
Softball (Felix): Had to resign because of some type of scandal. 
Basketball (Davis): Had a good year last year but Ole Miss is 9-9 this year. 
Baseball (Bianco). Bjork didn't hire Bianco but kept him after years of postseason failures. 
I get it's Ole Miss and I haven't looked at other sports but Bjork's hiring history was awful at Ole Miss. 

But he was a sitting P5 AD you dumb sip. And from the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• Replies 71.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This is especially true for those who have any point had their quality of life impinged by their ridiculously cocky incompetence. Watching those dorks failing at everything they do is only NOT funny when someone dies as a consequence, but even then, there is grim humor in lancing the boil of their hypocritical sanctimony.

Well hey, aggy designed I-35.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speaking of jokes, why is it that this thread, about someone you guys say you don't care about, has the most pages of posts by far?  522 pages and counting?  Because you don't care?  Any bets on how long it takes to get to 530?  I'm guessing you don't get the irony.  Would it be appropriate to say what you guys love to say, "living rent free in their head"?  That sure is a lot of time and talk about someone you keep saying  you don't care about.  So why do you do it?  Feeling a little self-conscious?  Or do you always repeatedly post about things you don't care about?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

The reason it's 500+ pages is because we don't start a new thread every time someone wants to talk about the latest stupid thing aggy has done. If you'd quit doing stupid things then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

I wonder how many pages it would take if all the "sip" threads on TexAgs were combined into one?

Those fucktards isolate their student that traveled to Wuhan and came back "with flu like symptoms" yet?

Depopulating BCS I'm OK with, (Waco too). Rest of state, not so cool.

Oh, not so sure those Chinamen being totally upfront with bats causing this......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7922379/Chinas-lab-studying-SARS-Ebola-Wuhan-outbreaks-center.html

Edited by BillyGoatHill

16 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Dude...

200_s.gif

Apologies. Hopefully I will avoid any timeouts in Surly jail. I thought that maybe by using the pleural vernacular vs. the individual as you quoted, that I might have avoided any non preferred nomenclature. 

I will use my defense of being a tale end boomer (have the olds) and not quite hip to all the PC that is used today.....ie. Oriental vs Asian among many others (third bathrooms and the such). That, and my crude Irish ancestors that may have given me a little thicker skin when it comes to stereotypes, (Fightin' Irish, Paddy Wagons, leprechauns, and "always after me lucky charms") to name a few. 

Seriously, as The Boss sings...."nothing against the yellow man", one of my favorite movie scenes is at the end of "A Christmas Story" where the family is being seranaded Christmas carols. Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra Rah Rah Rah.  

(On a legal note, and not to be confused with a neighbor that would be trying to sue the parents of a terminally ill child and his playscape, or overly sensitive Surleyites (?) Surlenians (?), everything above is written with my sarcasm meter on. All except for really liking the scene AND complete movie, "A Christmas Story").

• Haha 1

The tone and tenor of the postings on this site in regards to the Texas A&M Bonfire tragedy pretty much forces me to respond. And, for transparency, yes, I am an Aggie. Get over it.
I find it totally offensive that this topic was even brought back, over 20 years since its occurrence. This forum is allegedly about football. Focus on that. Aggies still mourn that tragic event and honor the twelve students with a memorial to their memory on campus.  I invite you to come by and see it for yourselves. Any snarky remarks and excuses for not coming mean nothing to me.  I just consider the source.  Please, just let it go.

Instead, focus on the football aspects.  I find it almost hilarious that this one forum has 523 (and growing) pages of responses. Talk about being obsessed with us.  Such obsession can possibly be traced to subconscious jealousy of our school and our programs.
The bulk of the posters write with a swagger they have not earned.  Doubt that half of them never graduated from there, much less attended. Let me get you all a level set of your three main sports programs, especially the flight of wonder that is football.
1.  In the decade from 2010 to 2019:
Overall record, regular season play:  66-50    (includes 3 seasons with a losing record)
In conference play record:  46-44 (Includes FIVE seasons with a losing record and zero conference championships)
Lost to Maryland twice as double digit favorites. Lost to TCU, which was not even bowl eligible.
2. The basketball program in a shambles and Shaka will not survive the season.  The 38 point beat down to WV says it all.
3. The baseball team did not even qualify to play in the last conference post season baseball championship. Only one team in the conference gets that dishonor and last time it was Texas.

I'm sure this will get all kinds of 'feedback' from the mob that inhabits this forum. Fine, just take it down the hall to somebody who gives a shit.

• Fuck You 53

2 hours ago, Modessit said:

The reason it's 500+ pages is because we don't start a new thread every time someone wants to talk about the latest stupid thing aggy has done. If you'd quit doing stupid things then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

I wonder how many pages it would take if all the "sip" threads on TexAgs were combined into one?

Not to mention every time they sing that “fight song” which is all about those evil ‘sips. Why are they still using it 9 years after they tucked tail and ran away like little cowards?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Paladin said:

The tone and tenor of the postings on this site in regards to the Texas A&M Bonfire tragedy pretty much forces me to respond. And, for transparency, yes, I am an Aggie. Get over it.
I find it totally offensive that this topic was even brought back, over 20 years since its occurrence. This forum is allegedly about football. Focus on that. Aggies still mourn that tragic event and honor the twelve students with a memorial to their memory on campus.  I invite you to come by and see it for yourselves. Any snarky remarks and excuses for not coming mean nothing to me.  I just consider the source.  Please, just let it go.

Instead, focus on the football aspects.  I find it almost hilarious that this one forum has 523 (and growing) pages of responses. Talk about being obsessed with us.  Such obsession can possibly be traced to subconscious jealousy of our school and our programs.
The bulk of the posters write with a swagger they have not earned.  Doubt that half of them never graduated from there, much less attended. Let me get you all a level set of your three main sports programs, especially the flight of wonder that is football.
Overall record, regular season play:  66-50    (includes 3 seasons with a losing record)
In conference play record:  46-44 (Includes FIVE seasons with a losing record and zero conference championships)
Lost to Maryland twice as double digit favorites. Lost to TCU, which was not even bowl eligible.
2. The basketball program in a shambles and Shaka will not survive the season.  The 38 point beat down to WV says it all.
3. The baseball team did not even qualify to play in the last conference post season baseball championship. Only one team in the conference gets that dishonor and last time it was Texas.

I'm sure this will get all kinds of 'feedback' from the mob that inhabits this forum. Fine, just take it down the hall to somebody who gives a shit.

Isn't it time to go refill your jizz jar? 

And yet one could argue UT has outperformed aggy in all 3 sports over that time span.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Self awareness has never been an aggy strong suit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Get over it? You're an aggy on a Longhorn forum. Self-awareness, you certainly lack it.

Honor what? 12 idiots who were stacking wood for a heathen tradition most of who were intoxicated? Honor them for what? What sacrifice did they make to advance the cause of humanity? It's tragic whenever anyone dies, but they got themselves killed. The only service they did was making the human gene pool a little bit more intelligent by removing themselves from it.

You're a sanctimonious prick just like your entire aggy ilk which is why I never recommend anyone to be friends with an aggy graduate or supporter. Enjoy swinging around your glorified community college degree. What did you major in? Poultry Science?

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Weird route to take there. I'm not even gonna bring up the Bonfire incident, other than your University was to blame and it took them 15 years to compensate the family's involved. 

A&M sports

Football: Why bother bringing up aggy football to an aggy. They have no realistic view of the past, present, or future of that program.

Basketball: Not sure what Buzz will do with this program, but he's a buffoon on the sideline and the program sucks right now.

Baseball: Absolutely no real history to be proud of. The last couple of years they've done well in the regular season only to revert to aggy teams of the past. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Paladin said:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

This is the worst decade of football in UT history and guess what, UT still has more victories over P-5 teams than aggy does. So why don’t you take your stupid 20__ national championship trophy and stick it up your cuckold midget coach’s ass. That stupid ass plaque is the closest aggy will ever get to winning anything. Have fun celebrating those wonderful victories over PVAMU and the school for quadriplegics.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Paladin said:

What has A&M won during this timeframe? Zero college world series wins, never advanced past the Sweet 16 in basketball, zero conference championships in football, and zero major bowl wins in football. 

During the worst decade of Texas athletics (in the Big 3 sports), Texas still accomplished more than A&M. How does that make you feel? 

Congrats on your great accomplishments. 

EKgQybPXYAAUx5A?format=png&name=240x240

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

The basketball program in a shambles and Shaka will not survive the season.  The 38 point beat down to WV says it all.

Are you talking about the basketball program that beat aggy this season? It is in shambles, but still can beat aggy. Good call bringing that up. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

"It's ok we were grossly negligent and responsible for the 12 avoidable student deaths. I mean, we built a cool memorial that is more a remembrance of bonfire itself. Plus it was our magic number 12. Whoop!"

Didn't they build that before they settled with the families?

18 minutes ago, Paladin said:

The problem some of us have with how aggys "mourn" the tragic event is that you choose to commemorate a highly sanitized, almost farcical version of the event.

As the aggys tell of the event, there was no personal responsibility. No culture of irresponsibility, poor decisions, immaturity, stupidity and willful negligence. No lessons to be learned about how aggy culture often fails to be utterly self-aware. no acknowledgement that there were plenty of warnings of extreme and needless danger, no acceptance that 12 kids lost their lives because aggys can't be trusted to be responsible adults.

Some of us find the refusal to be honest about what happened and why it happened as unforgivable as the negligent acts themselves. And because we find it unforgivable, we continue to speak of the event in open, honest terms, lest the truth be lost as has happened in so many other instances when dealing with aggy "history." If you truly wanted to honor those you collectively killed, you would have long ago embraced the failings of aggy culture that lead to their deaths and you would have worked to eradicate those vile and odious elements from your culture. But, being aggys, you instead chose to double down on them and present the tragedy as you do.

aggys have even bastardized the origins of the bonfire event. If you refer back to the April 17, 1914 school paper, it explains the first bonfire occurred in 1902 after the football team from the agricultural branch college first defeated the team from the main campus of The University of Texas. Over the years, aggys stole from area landowners to build the bonfore, with no consideration of the damage of financial burdens of their thefts. Eventually, the bonfire turned into a drunkfest where students working on the woodpile were regularly abused and degraded. Nice tradition there.

You should come to grips that there are a number of individuals who are not going to allow aggys to add the deaths to those students to the long list of aggy fraudulent lies. You people have lied about the origins of your bonfire, of your yell leaders, your "12th Man" tradition and even the origins of your school itself. Lying to others about who you are is what you do. It is at the core of the aggy culture. Some of aren't going to allow you people to lie about the stupidity and irresponsibility that caused the deaths of those kids. 

As for the performance os any of the sports teams over the past decade, who really cares? A lot of kids who otherwise would never have attended UT Austin were able to do so, and at little to no cost. The fans were entertained. None of us are so devoid of meaningful things in our lives that our lives are materially effected by college athletics. None of UT's athletics events has ever resulted in the negligent homicide of UT students. At least we have that to hang our hats on.

I will repeat for your benefit - the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

large.219384587_aggygoddamnedcotton.jpeg.16ed2a17177b2e100069afa685ee7c14.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

Instead, focus on the football aspects...

Are you fucking retarded?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This is the worst decade of football in UT history and guess what, UT still has more victories over P-5 teams than aggy does. So why don’t you take your stupid 20__ national championship trophy and stick it up your cuckold midget coach’s ass. That stupid ass plaque is the closest aggy will ever get to winning anything. Have fun celebrating those wonderful victories over PVAMU and the school for quadriplegics.

Exactly. This is easily the worst decade of UT football yet aggy still did zero to overtake UT in anything. UT still made a conference championship game last year. aggy has yet to even sniff a conference championship game this decade and that includes the few years in the Big 12.

Also this decade included 27-25. That trumps anything aggy tries and throws out there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. This is easily the worst decade of UT football yet aggy still did zero to overtake UT in anything. UT still made a conference championship game last year. aggy has yet to even sniff a conference championship game this decade and that includes the few years in the Big 12.

Also this decade included 27-25. That trumps anything aggy tries and throws out there.

Throw in a major bowl victory. Something aggy knows nothing about. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Letting Case McCoy herp and derp for 25 yards to set up a Justin Tucker dagger through the heart for the final kill was the most aggy thing ever. 

(Aside from bonfire collapses and glory holes)

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

The tone and tenor of the postings on this site in regards to the Texas A&M Bonfire tragedy pretty much forces me to respond. 

The only thing that forced you to respond was your desire to run back to TexAgs, hoping to get high fives from the rest of those morons because " you showed 'em."

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

I see that you're wielding your -3 Sword of Self-Immolation and have equipped the -5 Ring of aggy Stupidity.

• Like 1

My favorite part is when you talk about how we bring up the bonfire. The sole reason it was brought up was in response to the Whitman shooting from one of your aggy boyfriends.

I love your sports comparisons. It will never be a clean comparison in your feeble little brains. You’ve been lied to your whole life about things like, “cause it was durin tha waar”, “y’all was at home sippin tea”, “uh but if you count day games between 2012-2017 out of conference, we’s the bestest in tha souf.”

Academics - always have been and always will be better

Sports - always have been and always will be better

Money - you’ll never catch up

Pussy - highest quality by light years. Also, our cheerleaders have them

Location - pull your head free from your colon

Class - always had more and will always have more

This is reality. Please understand it. All 50 states understand this. Thank you for registering on another fanbase’s website and creating worthless input (driven purely by your own obsession). No one else here is doing what you are. Think about it.

Edited by DaggerHorns
Stop aggy reproduction
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

Those kids were killed on the altar of aggy arrogance. Y’all have blood on your hands. And you suck at sports. And education. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

Lol! “You done landed on Mr. Gilmore’s proppity”.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Hey Paladin,  The University of Texas "t-shirt" fans are much smarter than aggy grads.  They earned their swagger by watching in 1963 when poor Roger and Navy got beat in the Cotton Bowl for a National Championship,  then they watched James Street kick Arkansas' ass in the "Game of the Century" while the President of the United States and most of the free world was watching.  They then watched Notre Dame and Joe Theismann take a Cotton Bowl butt fucking.  Those fans got to see Earl mudhole the SWC, they then got to watch VY in all his glory vs USC for another national championship.  Colt kicked some ass in his time.  They even got to watch Buechele and Swoopes kick that Notre Dame ass on national television on a beautiful Sunday night.  They love UT sports and even though they did not graduate or attend, they love the flagship university of the great state of Texas.  Not one person or tree was killed during the process.  

All good. You left out Ricky’s run to the record books on aggy’s watch.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Like 3