• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Holy crap, the ags have actually done something somewhat impressive - $546 million is a large commitment for a smaller system such as Texas A&M. Let's read the article to see how those idiots managed to allocate such a large sum of their resources to do this.

“Texas A&M’s rise in prominence – especially within the health care arena – is reflected with the aggressive expansion of properties near the Texas Medical Center,” Chancellor Sharp said. “The Houston medical scene is about to see the benefits of Aggie ingenuity and our dedication to service.”

The cost of the complex is an estimated $546 million, including $145 million for the purchase and renovation of an 18-story building, plus $401 million in private sector money to build two new towers.

Um...."rise to prominence"?!? Ok, whatever.

Ah! Here is the first "aggy surprise." "The cost of the complex is an estimated $546 million, including $145 million for the purchase and renovation of an 18-story building, plus $401 million in private sector money to build two new towers."

So, in reality, A&M isn't investing $546 million into the Texas Medical Center, they are investing $145 million, and the additional $401 million (the majority of the money) is coming from the private sector which will actually own most of the project.

Why am I not surprised that yet another boastful aggy claim doesn't last 30 seconds until it is completely debunked.

I'm not going to even bother right now to see how much of the aggy's $145 mil is actually AUF proceeds or loan proceeds backed by AUF proceeds. It isn't cash the aggys just happen to have laying around, it isn't cash flow from operations, and it isn't an alumni gift.

Bottom line - I knew when I read the headline it was just another outright aggy lie.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

JAXSON APPEL SPEED AND AGILITY TRAINING

He needs to talk to this guy about becoming a legendary aggy  safety.

Can't be any worse than the Jennifer Appel Sailing School

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/18/jennifer-appel-tasha-fuiava-sea-rescue-hawaii

• Haha 1

So - along the lines of the "aggy investments" in the Texas Medical Center... I was doing some work down there last year for the UT Health Science Center (which is a pretty cool facility)... and while up on the 16th floor, had a great view of the TMC:

spacer.png 

Very clean, professional, and modern.

Then I started looking around, off to the left, and saw this little sad Soviet-style architecture building off almost by itself.  It had a cheap-looking slap-dash GIGANTIC sign plastered on the upper facade, so I took a picture.  Yup.  You guessed it.

spacer.png 

Just so you know what we're dealing with.  But you're not surprised.  It's aggy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I've worked on all those buildings out there. Methodist dominates that area. UTMB is still the best hospital and teaching hospital by a mile. All the best and newest buildings, all the top research and everything. Aggy getting into healthcare this late is hilarious. Have they seen Dell medical center? Ever heard of MD Anderson?

Don't know what Aggy plans to build, but in that area they will never catch up to Methodist.

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

So - along the lines of the "aggy investments" in the Texas Medical Center... I was doing some work down there last year for the UT Health Science Center (which is a pretty cool facility)... and while up on the 16th floor, had a great view of the TMC:

spacer.png 

Very clean, professional, and modern.

Then I started looking around, off to the left, and saw this little sad Soviet-style architecture building off almost by itself.  It had a cheap-looking slap-dash GIGANTIC sign plastered on the upper facade, so I took a picture.  Yup.  You guessed it.

spacer.png 

Just so you know what we're dealing with.  But you're not surprised.  It's aggy.

Just remember, if you want to find the aggy building in the TMC, head to the Houston Community College building and turn right. 

I know exactly where that building is. 

My guess is that the aggy “$145 million” is the current estimated market value of the land and building, plus future AUF proceeds. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

45 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I've worked on all those buildings out there. Methodist dominates that area. UTMB is still the best hospital and teaching hospital by a mile. All the best and newest buildings, all the top research and everything. Aggy getting into healthcare this late is hilarious. Have they seen Dell medical center? Ever heard of MD Anderson?

Don't know what Aggy plans to build, but in that area they will never catch up to Methodist.

this is their version of getting a law school

• Like 1

Actually, Mrs. Brat’s mom took her to an aggy veterinary 70 years ago after the real MD doctor didn’t know how, short of surgery,  to fix her protruding belly button.  

Aggy vet just pushed it (her belly button, you assholes) in with his thumb, taped and wrapped it.
Problem solved, so advantage aggy.

Someone from out of the state once asked me how ugly and homely most aggy women are. Here’s some proof. I went to high school with this guy. He went to aggy because he was a wildlife conservation and management major. Anyway, this is his wife.

1adf112dc765c4668454f88a1674dfcb.jpg
7b36d2f4dd08de0c620180ceb59c2f6c.jpg

They have a kid now. At least the kid looks more like him and not her. Also that hat he’s wearing, only in college station could you find something stupid like that.

3c770a69171343083c2e698e4e7eec3c.jpg

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

and the additional $401 million (the majority of the money) is coming from the private sector which will actually own most of the project.

Im not arguing one way or the other, but 740 was talking about it on Friday and noted the 400m came from private donations. Not sure if that was correct or not.  Funny thing, the story immediately after was that there is a group from UT that thinks they will have a vaccine for the coronavirus in about 18 months, about 15 years sooner than usual (per the radio talking head).   Carry on. 

19 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe one of the recruiting gurus remembers( @Fud @Sydney Cartoon  @closetojumping @Burt Macklin) but I almost swear it was O’Neal.   At least happened during his class iirc.   Safety/CB in question was talking shit on Twitter, and one of his peers starting replying with clips from camps where he had gotten burned. It went on and on and until someone asked him to cut it out.  In my mind it was O’Neal, but definitely happened. Either way, fuck that redass tortoise. 

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Someone from out of the state once asked me how ugly and homely most aggy women are. Here’s some proof. I went to high school with this guy. He went to aggy because he was a wildlife conservation and management major. Anyway, this is his wife.

They have a kid now. At least the kid looks more like him and not her. Also that hat he’s wearing, only in college station could you find something stupid like that.

animal house reject GIF by Puffin Graphic Design

54 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Im not arguing one way or the other, but 740 was talking about it on Friday and noted the 400m came from private donations. Not sure if that was correct or not.  Funny thing, the story immediately after was that there is a group from UT that thinks they will have a vaccine for the coronavirus in about 18 months, about 15 years sooner than usual (per the radio talking head).   Carry on. 

No, it’s not correct. They could only come up with $135 mil for their football stadium. There is no way A&M could come up with $400 mil for dorms for med students in Houston. 

If $400 mil had come from alumni gifts, we would have been inundated with boastful aggy pecockery. The $400 mil is private money. As in private investment dollars. It’s a public/ private deal like their campus hotel and UT’s new b-ball arena. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

No, it’s not correct. They could only come up with $135 mil for their football stadium. There is no way A&M could come up with $400 mil for dorms for med students in Houston. 
If $400 mil had come from alumni gifts, we would have been inundated with boastful aggy pecockery. The $400 mil is private money. As in private investment dollars. It’s a public/ private deal like their campus hotel and UT’s new b-ball arena. 
Coincidentally the Harvey Relief Fund is short $135 mil.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Maybe one of the recruiting gurus remembers( @Fud @Sydney Cartoon  @closetojumping @Burt Macklin) but I almost swear it was O’Neal.   At least happened during his class iirc.   Safety/CB in question was talking shit on Twitter, and one of his peers starting replying with clips from camps where he had gotten burned. It went on and on and until someone asked him to cut it out.  In my mind it was O’Neal, but definitely happened. Either way, fuck that redass tortoise. 

I believe it was Sterns roasting Slowneal if Memory serves. 

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Her backside tramp stamp: "Vic was here"

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

In Sharponomics, it's ALL revenue AND endowment.

At the same time.

3 hours ago, Modessit said:
5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:
They could only come up with $135 mil for their football stadium.

Coincidentally the Harvey Relief Fund is short $135 mil.

Look you stupid sip, it's ALL INCOME.  Both sides of the ledger.

And the talkie birds.  They count too.

PUT IT ON THE WALL.