• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

and while I think the joke is wonderful and brilliant, I can't help but WELL ACKSHULLY and point out that Salieri was actually a fucking terrific composer, making him an inapt analogue for Texas A&M, which isn't fucking terrific at anything

Nonsense.  They're terrific at underachieving and making excuses for underachieving.

Their schedule in 2020 is laughable. If they can't 4-0 their OOC schedule playing the likes of UNT, Abilene Christian and Fresno with their "marquee" match up being Colorado they should just shut it down. LSU is going to be down suffering tons of turnover player and coaching wise, Ole Miss isn't going to be very good, Arkansas is going to be bad for the foreseeable future, Mississippi St is going to be implementing a new system without the proper personnel and they get Vandy/So Car in the East. If the aggy can't manage to finish 10-2 that's truly pathetic.

Louie Gohmert is an aggy who managed to stumble his way into Congress and, since then, has been proudly demonstrating "aggy values" and reminding everyone just what hopeless fucksticks our beloved branch agricultural college produces. He has been on a real tear lately.

Republican Tyler congressman Louie Gohmert was one of four members of congress to vote against a measure that would make lynching a federal crime. The Emmett Till Anti-lynching Act had widespread bipartisan support, and Gohmert was the only Texan to vote against it.

"I regret needing to vote no, but I just felt like this is too serious to be handled at such a low level." Gohmert has a long track record of opposing hate crime legislation. 

“All I got to say is: If you love America, mamas, don’t let your babies grow up to go to Harvard or Stanford law school.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Louie Gohmert is an aggy who managed to stumble his way into Congress and, since then, has been proudly demonstrating "aggy values" and reminding everyone just what hopeless fucksticks our beloved branch agricultural college produces. He has been on a real tear lately.

Way to CR it, Randolph. Gohmert's statement on the specific bill he voted against. 

Lynching is one of the most heinous forms of murder. It absolutely deserves to be treated as a capital crime, and those who directly participate in lynching should rightly be subjected to a harsh penalty. However, H.R. 35 makes conspiring to commit civil rights violations a federal crime without a proper nexus. Moreover, the maximum prison sentence allotted in the bill is 10 years. This is an outrageously low maximum sentence for such an odious crime. It almost trivializes such a heinous offense.

Previous versions of H.R. 35 contained much stronger language than that of the bill we voted on today. A version of the bill released on January 3 of this year stated that anyone who assembles with the intention of lynching or who causes death by lynching 'shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.' The bill we voted on today does not include this clause. Instead, the language of H.R. 35 that was brought to the House Floor for a vote contains diluted language that does not provide a proper avenue for punishment. Under Texas law, such an offense can and does merit capital punishment as the two most culpable killers of James Byrd received.

Such a hateful crime deserves a severe sentence, and I could not in good conscience vote on a bill that addresses lynching on such a low level. I commend Congressman Bobby Rush for the work he has done and the injustices he continues to fight, which I personally conveyed to him on the House floor.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Prepare for incoming RD-word vomit.

I hope we can stop now because there's very little to discuss that doesn't take the topic into CR territory. I totally understand the pleasure people get in dunking on Aggies, and I am not saying Gohmert was right or wrong in how he voted, and I am not defending anything else he's ever done or said or thought, just that from what he said in his statement, he didn't vote against the measure because he likes lynching or hate crimes. 

A&M is such a target-rich environment, we don't really need to maliciously misrepresent things, which in my opinion is what RD's post did to Gohmert's expressed rationale for his "no" vote. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I hope we can stop now because there's very little to discuss that doesn't take the topic into CR territory. I totally understand the pleasure people get in dunking on Aggies, and I am not saying Gohmert was right or wrong in how he voted, and I am not defending anything else he's ever done or said or thought, just that from what he said in his statement, he didn't vote against the measure because he likes lynching or hate crimes. 

A&M is such a target-rich environment, we don't really need to maliciously misrepresent things, which in my opinion is what RD's post did to Gohmert's expressed rationale for his "no" vote. 

Ok. Now please explain how attending Harvard or Stanford Law is un-American. Can you get much more insipidly sanctimonious than to essentially proclaim oneself as a better American than another because you didn’t attend a highly respected educational institution or to question one’s patriotism based on the fact they attended extremely competitive institutions?

As for Gohmert’s comment, it was what it was. Not to many trained legal minds consider federal legislation to be “low level.” Not sure if considering not federal statues to be “low level” makes me a hard-core liberal or a right-wing nut job, but I’m sure I’m about to find out. 

By the way, how long is mocking aggy politicians for acting like aggys going to remain unapproved speech? 

On 2/25/2020 at 12:13 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

They don't do anything that reminds people they are an agricultural school. It boggles the mind how much arable land on their campus they leave weed-strewn and unproductive.

kyle field is sitting on land that was supposed to be used for crop research.

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The ugliness of that building would be embarrassing enough if it was the "packing peanut engineering" building. The fact that it is the architecture building, though, is simply inexcusable, even for aggy. I wouldn't even want a physical plant building to look this Soviet.

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I swear there are decent people in Tyler who have been voting for this guy's opponents for years.  I will never understand how he is regularly reelected.

/No CR.  He's as aggy as aggy can be. 

Edited by dcbc

For those without the Twitts...  

We will slowly but surely miss you.

Can't run on a field but quick the the TP

Some Clemson fan... I guess aggy lied to you too.

Scientist have finish calculating o'neal physical mass movement to conclude his slow movement exiting the portal in the year 3030 of our lord Fisher jumbo

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, how will Looch spin Leon?  Also, do we really know why he’s entering the portal?

“This move really shows how dynamic Jimbo is as a recruiter. Leon was the greatest safety prospect of all-time and Jimbo was able to land him. Then within two years of landing on campus, the best safety in college football can’t even crack the two-deep in Jimbo’s vaunted secondary. If that’s not real recruiting, I don’t know what is” /Looch

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

“This move really shows how dynamic Jimbo is as a recruiter. Leon was the greatest safety prospect of all-time and Jimbo was able to land him. Then within two years of landing on campus, the best safety in college football can’t even crack the two-deep in Jimbo’s vaunted secondary. If that’s not real recruiting, I don’t know what is” /Looch

Yea, I can see Looch spinning it this way, but I’d like to know the real reason why he’s leaving.