• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

49 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Question.  If the Spring Game is canceled will Aggy still claim it as a victory?

If he aggy spring game is cancelled, not only will they claim it as yet another sell-out. (This was taken from an aggy athletics website. The fake crowd and the lower section of seats being 300 rows with no second deck is but one hint that not only the size of the crowd is "altered" but that the alterations were done by an aggy.)

large.1444486601_aggyspringgamecrowd.jpeg.644aa1f28a1171ac1ff47528bc914621.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

we should encourage them to all congregate in Kyle Field and then gas them

for the greater good

If they congregated in Kyle Field in response to the corona virus outbreak, it would end up like their bonfire - dead aggys and their proving (yet again) to be their own worst enemies.

Wouldn't be the first time they did something insanely stupid, wouldn't be the last.

But think of the really neat memorial with all that sacred grass they could build on their campus to "honor" the victims of aggy stupidity. It's turdition!

large.1344406088_amturditions.jpeg.632d8a835a5983a039bb888bbc077688.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

19 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I will expand on what i aid above a bit....I did not know for a long time and many people still probably do not know (though it has been talked about on here before) that UT was the main or one of the main schools that was sued for "equality" in athletics spending

the answer to that was UT set up the useless administration that harbors garbage like chris plodsky today so they could show "an equal commitment to womens sports" 

but if you think about that it is a giant fucking joke and an example of useless piles of shit that did not sue for real equality they sued to get some jobs for themselves and other shit bags like them (here is looking at you useless chris)

so instead of UT saying "ok we are adding more womens sports even if it means more female athletes than male athletes because football especially cost so much to run even on a per player basis" UT added a bunch of fucking useless windbags in administration and then pretended that because of that spending and because there were now "women in charge" that suddenly womens sports would be better run and offer more opportunities for female athletes

but of course that never really happened and because there are no real female athletes out there at UT sitting around wondering why there sport is not sponsored by UT no one complains....you don't get complaints from people that do not really exist

of course these female athletes exist at the high school level, but many of them and their parents are equally clueless that places like tOSU  and Stanford sponsor almost as many womens sports as Texas does all sports mens and womens

so no one ever looks and says that is fucked up where is all the money going and why does UT spend so much yet sponsor so few sports and UT can pretty much  get away with showing that they have about the same number if not a few more female athletes compared to men and they can show a total spending level that is comparable to the mens side especially if you break it down per athlete and you give football somewhat of a pass (which UT can do because football pays for so much else)

but the reality is shit bags like plodsky and her ilk littering Bellmont making high 6 figure salaries are basically stealing the opportunity of female high school athletes to have a chance to come to UT and play on new teams that UT should be sponsoring

and if anyone complains those same shit bags are the ones running out there with the "numbers" to show that UT does spend equally and that UT has an equal number of female athletes...and since they all have short hair and are really unattractive and dress from the kim jung il collection you really can't call them and their numbers into question you are suppose to just accept them

what is worse in my opinion is that UT has lost the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of many of those sports years ago when all those lawsuits were flying around and to establish a winning program and to be bringing home championships to UT.....instead other schools have found their niche with those sports and made a name and lately those sports are gaining more traction at other places and it just becomes harder and more expensive to step in and really field a quality team and build a tradition

instead UT has built a tradition of wasting money on administrative overhead in an "equitable" way and that is about it and lost the chance to establish themselves as a dominant player in many sports that are now more popular

this of course makes it all the harder to establish any new mens sports so you can about forget that barring major changes

a bit of an aside I also have a theory that the academic side charges the athletics program "rack rate" for all services provided....be it IT, janitorial, chilled water/power, maintenance or whatever the fuck else I am pretty sure Bellmont pays the highest charges of any unit on the UT campus.....it probably cost $30 dollars to change a light bulb and police services for games ect probably cost 2X or 3X that they would cost anything else.....I think parking and parking spaces is another place where athletics takes a major hit and pays out the ass to the academic side

I would also bet that any academic side employee or any system employee that does any type of service for athletics is paid for in large part or 100% by athletics even if they do only 50% of their work for athletics

I have no way of really knowing this and really I do not have a major problem with it even knowing that academics makes direct transfers to academics every year.....but I wish there was some accounting of it because to me it is embarrassing to see what UT spends for the low number of sponsored sports and all the worse with the lack of hardware being brought in.....which goes back to being fucked by not establishing a major presence in smaller (especially womens) sports decades ago and instead establishing a pile of useless administrative shit bags in Bellmont

spacer.png

On 3/15/2020 at 11:18 PM, blacklab said:

Of all of your post, this is actually the most relevant. While most schools pick up the majority of expenses of the athletic teams effectively supplementing their athletic budgets, Texas instead sees athletics as a cash cow to pay for academics. It's the main reason why we spend so much money, with the bloated administration being a distant second reason. 

I can agree the administrative cost recovery by the university is probably higher than the cost of the bloat. I think the parking and police services cost are probably massive and I imagine all other general services like maintenance and janitorial are very high as well. At the same time when you add in all the duplication of travel because you know all the "womens" administrators are going on bowl trips, NCAA mens tournament trips, NCAA baseball trips ect in addition to the mens administration I think that adds up quick along with the salaries and everything else like duplication of support staff.

I also think there is an issue with adding more womens sports because all of those plodskites need an "issue" to exist to protect their jobs. I think even DeLoss would have added some womens sports especially in his last 8 or 10 years so that UT had the chance to get in on the ground floor of some newer sports or sports that other schools were not devoting a lot of resources to. But if UT was to get in a position where they had 341 male athletes and 450 female athletes suddenly it is extremely hard to claim there is a major issue. Right now UT has 341 male and 341 female athletes. So right now UT needs a band of useless idiots to make sure the "men" do not start slighting the women and letting things get out of balance. When the reality is I and a number of others would probably be perfectly content with 50 to 70 more female athletes as long as UT was supporting those sports at a high level and they were bringing home championships and establishing a long term dominant position.

Instead UT has been pretty terrible in softball for a long long time and there is no reason for that. womens golf, track, tennis, and swimming does not compete at the highest levels.

On the womens side volleyball is the only sport that is at a consistently high level right now.

Womens Swimming has won 7 championships since being an NCAA sport the last was in 1991.....the men have won 14 and 9 of those came after 1991 (along with 1 in 1991)

Tennis the women have two NCs, but the last was in 1995 while the one for the men was just recently and Texas has put a lot of money into both programs in recent history.

Track the women have NCs while the men do not, but again the last indoor was 2006 and outdoor 2005 and UT has top facilities

Golf 3 mens NCs zero for the women

Womens soccer UT does nothing

Softball started in 1995 as part of the title Ix lawsuit....no NCs while Baseball has 2 since then....womens BB only NC in 1986 while other schools have dominated the sport including Baylor, UConn and Tennessee....all of which UT should be able to compete with and UT had a head start on a couple of them as a dominate player

notice a decline....1991 for swimming, 1995 for tennis, track and field flat lines in the mid 2000s about when UT was really putting money into track facilitie....kind of coincides with the 1995 settlement and the "womens" administration

UT womens athletics exist to ride the pine and just make sure that "girls play too" and to always just be at the level where there needs to be some "monitoring" by a bunch of over paid useless shit

lets be clear the mens sports have some bad times as well, but at least with them there is at least one or two of them that is performing at a high level at any one time and UT fires coaches that have "done things" when they stop doing those things......the women just ride along doing nothing for the most part and only recently has softball been accountable and that was certainly not because of the womens administration that came from Del

along with that with all the "equality" shit out there and all those UT womens athletics administrators.....how many of them have moved on to other bigger and better jobs or to be the REAL AD at a program.....fucking ZERO.....UTSA and UTEP just hired female ADs......both right in the same damn system I(though I realize that the UT System is not as inbred as the aggy system to the detriment of the aggy system often times)......all that dead weight at a big time athletics program being "in charge of" the womens side.....and none of them can score a fucking job anywhere else to really be in charge even at a mid tier program much less a top program...because their record on the court and field is shit and everyone in the industry knows they are dead weight and problems not problem solvers

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I can agree the administrative cost recovery by the university is probably higher than the cost of the bloat. I think the parking and police services cost are probably massive and I imagine all other general services like maintenance and janitorial are very high as well. At the same time when you add in all the duplication of travel because you know all the "womens" administrators are going on bowl trips, NCAA mens tournament trips, NCAA baseball trips ect in addition to the mens administration I think that adds up quick along with the salaries and everything else like duplication of support staff.

I also think there is an issue with adding more womens sports because all of those plodskites need an "issue" to exist to protect their jobs. I think even DeLoss would have added some womens sports especially in his last 8 or 10 years so that UT had the chance to get in on the ground floor of some newer sports or sports that other schools were not devoting a lot of resources to. But if UT was to get in a position where they had 341 male athletes and 450 female athletes suddenly it is extremely hard to claim there is a major issue. Right now UT has 341 male and 341 female athletes. So right now UT needs a band of useless idiots to make sure the "men" do not start slighting the women and letting things get out of balance. When the reality is I and a number of others would probably be perfectly content with 50 to 70 more female athletes as long as UT was supporting those sports at a high level and they were bringing home championships and establishing a long term dominant position.

Instead UT has been pretty terrible in softball for a long long time and there is no reason for that. womens golf, track, tennis, and swimming does not compete at the highest levels.

On the womens side volleyball is the only sport that is at a consistently high level right now.

Womens Swimming has won 7 championships since being an NCAA sport the last was in 1991.....the men have won 14 and 9 of those came after 1991 (along with 1 in 1991)

Tennis the women have two NCs, but the last was in 1995 while the one for the men was just recently and Texas has put a lot of money into both programs in recent history.

Track the women have NCs while the men do not, but again the last indoor was 2006 and outdoor 2005 and UT has top facilities

Softball started in 1995 as part of the title Ix lawsuit....no NCs while Baseball has 2 since then....womens BB only NC in 1986 while other schools have dominated the sport including Baylor, UConn and Tennessee....all of which UT should be able to compete with and UT had a head start on a couple of them as a dominate player

notice a decline....1991 for swimming, 1995 for tennis, track and field flat lines in the mid 2000s about when UT was really putting money into track facilitie....kind of coincides with the 1995 settlement and the "womens" administration

UT womens athletics exist to ride the pine and just make sure that "girls play too" and to always just be at the level where there needs to be some "monitoring" by a bunch of over paid useless shit

lets be clear the mens sports have some bad times as well, but at least with them there is at least one or two of them that is performing at a high level at any one time and UT fires coaches that have "done things" when they stop doing those things......the women just ride along doing nothing for the most part and only recently has softball been accountable and that was certainly not because of the womens administration that came from Del

along with that with all the "equality" shit out there and all those UT womens athletics administrators.....how many of them have moved on to other bigger and better jobs or to be the REAL AD at a program.....fucking ZERO.....UTSA and UTEP just hired female ADs......both right in the same damn system I(though I realize that the UT System is not as inbred as the aggy system to the detriment of the aggy system often times)......all that dead weight at a big time athletics program being "in charge of" the womens side.....and none of them can score a fucking job anywhere else to really be in charge even at a mid tier program much less a top program...because their record on the court and field is shit and everyone in the industry knows they are dead weight and problems not problem solvers

UT athletics is still operating off of Deloss' model. As long as Bellmont was operating in the black, Deloss didn't care about bloat or waste. CDC needs to start delivering administrative and operational changes necessary to move away from the Deloss model and toward a new structure.

UT was one of the (very) few schools to have a dual male/female AD structure because UT was one of the (very) few schools with the financial ability to do so. That, and Deloss found it far easier to give Donna Lopiano financial resources than to have an internal Title IX debate. After Donna left, Deloss continued to avoid the internal Title IX debates by giving the women's AD financial resources.

Fast forward to CDC, who hasn't yet implemented his vision of how UT athletics should be reformed and restructured.

Cleaning up Patterson's mess, addressing some of Deloss's legacy, and the facilities projects have been priorities for CDC so far, but the time is here for him to start to implement changes. Needless to say, those changes will set off the internal Title IX debate that should have been dealt with a long time ago.

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

TL;DR 

However I’m convinced you’re a Randolph Duke sock. 

P.S. poooorrrr aaaaagggggyyyy

"Still the greatest football game in history"

Ha..I was going to quote that as well.

If aggy thinks the refs that screwed the calls up and is their greatest game in history, so be it. I can sleep at night with them thinking they won that game fair and square.

Make some shirts or beer cups aggy.

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3100888

Oh the irony on this post.

It amuses me how much it riles the swamp rats up to mention the win, the cups, the refs, etc. They're quite mad and it's hilarious.

from the link:

"Congrats. Truly.
That said, we're trying to building a program to whoop your ass. Not just yours, but everyone's.
Respectfully, of course."

for the 81st year in a row...

20 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

TL;DR 

However I’m convinced you’re a Randolph Duke sock. 

P.S. poooorrrr aaaaagggggyyyy

Not only was that not written by Randolph Duke using a sock account, there have never been any RD-created sock accounts. Zero. None ever. On any platform.

Besides, If I was going to write something that long, it wouldn't be about women's sports at UT.

We have aggy wallowing at the trough of federal welfare, being gifted a 9-figure vaccine plant that they insisted was "a game changer."  In reality, it was a complete waste of money and a symbol of why Americans should NEVER depend on aggys for anything. Ever.

We have civilian health professionals leading our nation's efforts to save lives and protect the country while aggys are stereotypically completely confused, incapable of understanding how someone not in military uniform could serve their country in any capacity.

Civilians serving their country!? For as long as any of us can remember, aggys have insisted that only people who enter military service can serve their country, especially in a time of need. Fish camp taught them only aggys care about their country and fish camp couldn't possibly be wrong!

aggys, learning fake military costumes and silly little swords do NOTHING in actual times of need, military or otherwise. We have aggys leading the Texas Department of Emergency Preparedness and our state is completely unprepared for the unfolding emergency. aggys only find themselves somewhat protected at the moment due to the long-standing practice of Texans social distancing themselves from aggys, and aggys thankfully social distancing themselves from normal people.

aggys being aggy (completely useless) in a time of crisis, and you are convinced I would spend my time complaining at length about UT women's athletics.

Are you crazy?

Remember we don't know when this will end (if ever). We all need to do our part and social distance ourselves from aggys at all times. And not just during the Covid epidemic.

Remind your children, it is never too early to start social distancing one's self from aggys. It is what should be done by all of us.

large.1721651817_aggyschoolpicture.jpeg.541659bc757dddc6421cddaaf07019b3.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

I'm thinking that since there are no sports, we're all stuck at home, and probably tired of hearing about the pandemic we need a fun surly project.  I think we should create some fake football ranking group with a website and everything and then post rankings for all the prior seasons.  We can just copy other groups for most of them, but one random year needs to name aggy as national champions.  I'm betting that the surly collective can get it posted on the side of kyle field before football starts again. 

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not only was that not written by Randolph Duke using a sock account, there have never been any RD-created sock accounts. Zero. None ever. On any platform.

Besides, If I was going to write something that long, it wouldn't be about women's sports at UT.

We have aggy wallowing at the trough of federal welfare, being gifted a 9-figure vaccine plant that they insisted was "a game changer."  In reality, it was a complete waste of money and a symbol of why Americans should NEVER depend on aggys for anything. Ever.

We have civilian health professionals leading our nation's efforts to save lives and protect the country while aggys are stereotypically completely confused, incapable of understanding how someone not in military uniform could serve their country in any capacity.

Civilians serving their country!? For as long as any of us can remember, aggys have insisted that only people who enter military service can serve their country, especially in a time of need. Fish camp taught them only aggys care about their country and fish camp couldn't possibly be wrong!

aggys, learning fake military costumes and silly little swords do NOTHING in actual times of need, military or otherwise. We have aggys leading the Texas Department of Emergency Preparedness and our state is completely unprepared for the unfolding emergency. aggys only find themselves somewhat protected at the moment due to the long-standing practice of Texans social distancing themselves from aggys, and aggys thankfully social distancing themselves from normal people.

aggys being aggy (completely useless) in a time of crisis, and you are convinced I would spend my time complaining at length about UT women's athletics.

Are you crazy?

Remember we don't know when this will end (if ever). We all need to do our part and social distance ourselves from aggys at all times. And not just during the Covid epidemic.

Remind your children, it is never too early to start social distancing one's self from aggys. It is what should be done by all of us.

large.1721651817_aggyschoolpicture.jpeg.541659bc757dddc6421cddaaf07019b3.jpeg

Social distancing from aggy is key! 

Also, RD I know you don’t have any socks. Just had to be sure. 

The world is still waiting for the promised "game changer" from the nation's "biocorridor" in College Station, Texas. How shocking that the idiots who have promised for years (in exchange, or course, for insane amounts of government welfare dollars literally wasted in the economic black hole known as the Brazos Valley) deliver nothing.

I can hardly wait for all this to be over with so the aggys can fabricate stories of how they alone saved the world from a viral apocalypse. Oh and, of course, that we all need to thank them for the rest of our lives for their service.

Texas A&M will be home to $91 million vaccine-manufacturing facility

By Jonathan Tilove
Posted Mar 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM Updated Sep 26, 2018 at 6:18 PM

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has approved the creation of a $91 million influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility in a joint venture between the Texas A&M University System and GlaxoSmithKline in what Chancellor John Sharp described Tuesday as “one of the most significant developments ever in the state of Texas.”

The facility will speed up the research, development and delivery of vaccines and therapeutics in cases of pandemics or other national emergencies.

The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks.

The facility will anchor the Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing in Bryan-College Station, establishing what Sharp characterized as “third coast biopharmaceuticals.” A&M is home to one of only three so-called CIADMS being created in the nation.

“It’s a game-changer not just for Texas but for folks everywhere,” Sharp said at a morning news conference with Gov. Rick Perry to announce the effort.

Perry said the center would bring more than $41 billion in in-state expenditures over the next 25 years and directly and indirectly create more than 6,800 jobs.

“More importantly there will be lives that will be saved around the world because of what is happening in the state of Texas,” said Perry.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20130326/NEWS/303269670

An oldie but a goodie from one of our favorite aggys. "Just another war" according to John Sharp from a few years ago. Yet another war, and nothing but crickets and complains from the same aggys who promised us they were going to deliver their "game changer" when this exact scenario unfolded.

"This is just another war: A war against natural pandemics and not-so-natural terrorism," Sharp said.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/texas-am-receives-biofense-contract/1920544/

Research Valley, Texas. lol.

Long on promises, never ending with fabricated stories of past "greatness" and, as we all expected, none of us could actually rely on their promises when the time came.

Don't doubt for a minute whether the aggys will somehow claim they are to be credited for acting entirely by themselves to solve the COVID crisis. It's who they are. It's what they have done since before any of us were born. It's how they act.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

research valley texas.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

21 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Thank the Maker that aggyness is not contagious, or else we'd all be f*@ked.

aggyness is a virulent and aggressive disease known to decrease mental capacity and cause hallucinations and incoherent thought. Fortunately, bathroom stall walls act as a shield against the airborne spread of this disease.

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

aggyness is a virulent and aggressive disease known to decrease mental capacity and cause hallucinations and incoherent thought. Fortunately, bathroom stall walls act as a shield against the airborne spread of this disease.

Bonfires also are said to be good at stopping the spread of the disease know as aggy.

Social distancing from aggys and bonfires.

Edited by Randolph Duke

48 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I agree with your description of the affliction, but it is not viral.  It's definitely genetic. 

Luckily for some folks, it skips generations or is recessive in some cases.  For others, it's an unfortunate mutation that strikes a bloodline seemingly out of nowhere.

if the game wasn't such a big deal, why was L$U motivated by it last season?

Clearly, we still live in their heads. Hi coonasses!

In retrospect I'm surprised atm didn't fill in the blank on that 20__ national championship trophy they made for Jimbo after that w over  bayou aggy.  It's the closest they're ever gonna be.

8 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The world is still waiting for the promised "game changer" from the nation's "biocorridor" in College Station, Texas. How shocking that the idiots who have promised for years (in exchange, or course, for insane amounts of government welfare dollars literally wasted in the economic black hole known as the Brazos Valley) deliver nothing.

I can hardly wait for all this to be over with so the aggys can fabricate stories of how they alone saved the world from a viral apocalypse. Oh and, of course, that we all need to thank them for the rest of our lives for their service.

An oldie but a goodie from one of our favorite aggys. "Just another war" according to John Sharp from a few years ago. Yet another war, and nothing but crickets and complains from the same aggys who promised us they were going to deliver their "game changer" when this exact scenario unfolded.

Research Valley, Texas. lol.

Long on promises, never ending with fabricated stories of past "greatness" and, as we all expected, none of us could actually rely on their promises when the time came.

Don't doubt for a minute whether the aggys will somehow claim they are to be credited for acting entirely by themselves to solve the COVID crisis. It's who they are. It's what they have done since before any of us were born. It's how they act.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

research valley texas.jpeg

wonder where they got the idear from?

https://communityimpact.com/austin/news/2012/05/31/texas-bio-corridor-alliance-to-headquarter-in-round-rock/

more aggy stolen "velour"

Unless that bathroom stall wall has a hole in it.
  • Haha 1