Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 2/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Judicial Watch is making progress in their efforts to shed light on what foreign governments are doing through the corruption of academia. It will be a part of their push to raise money to support their favored candidates this election cycle.

There is also the litigation against A&M regarding the Kyle re-seating clusterfuck. For the unaware, when raising money to pay for their football stadium renovations the ags seem to have gotten a bit too creative, selling stadium seating and parking rights that belonged to others and not compensating the true owners of the rights. Those plaintiffs get more annoyed with the university each month.

Finally, we have the really fun one - the "Bynam" lawsuit that was filed after A&M stole Bynum's (a sportswriter living in Alabama) copyright on a book about A&M's "12th Man" turdition. Bynum filed suit and A&M claimed sovereign immunity. That case is in federal court in Houston, although this time not before Sim Lake. That case has been stayed until the Supremes issue their ruling in Allen v Cooper (should be out any day between Feb 21 and early June).

Bottom line - Judicial Watch has the info on A&M/Qatar and will be pushing their narrative between now and November and once a ruling is out on the Allen case we will see if things get really fun.

So it looks like aggy gets to be shitheads again, courtesy of SCOTUS.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/states-shielded-from-copyright-suits-supreme-court-rules?usertype=External&bwid=00000171-07c0-d17f-a7f9-3fcf2d670000&qid=6879713&cti=LFLG&uc=1320018096&et=CHANNEL_NOTIFICATION&emc=lwnw_cn%3A3&context=email&email=00000171-07c7-decc-af71-d7efd24f0000&access-ticket=eyJjdHh0IjoiTFdOVyIsImlkIjoiMDAwMDAxNzEtMDdjMC1kMTdmLWE3ZjktM2ZjZjJkNjcwMDAwIiwic2lnIjoieG1nTldWUFUvZUwyaXpMNmcwVk9hNzRqRmJvPSIsInRpbWUiOiIxNTg0OTc0NDk1IiwidXVpZCI6InRzRjVEaDFWR1FKY0tGN1JZS3k1ZkE9PUdjNmg5QzhQVkpBdTlQaVArMkg2eUE9PSIsInYiOiIxIn0%3D

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I fear this pause in the action is just the thing Jimbo needs to resurrect the sleeping giant that is aggy. This lines up perfectly for him and his staff, because he has a long history (you can look it up) of winning multiple NCs after disasters. The bigger the crisis, the stronger his teams are historically. They will be the team to beat for a V-E-R-Y long time when this is all over. 

I fear this pause in the action is just the thing Jimbo needs to resurrect the sleeping giant that is aggy. This lines up perfectly for him and his staff, because he has a long history (you can look it up) of winning multiple NCs after disasters. The bigger the crisis, the stronger his teams are historically. They will be the team to beat for a V-E-R-Y long time when this is all over. 

Hell yeah brother. They’ve been putting together the pieces for a while. I’m starting to get worried with all of their recruiting of down home Texas boys who are SEC ready which doesn’t leave much for us. That combined win OVERALL record (look at those wins since moving, I dare you); they’re building an empire. I just dug up my dog in the back 40 and re-buried him to face our scoreboard for a little extra juju. It’s the best I can do at this point. I’m not a bit money ag running my own sherwin Williams branch.

8 hours ago, Modessit said:

lol. Let me guess, an aggy explained this theory to you.

The big question is whether the super “game changing” aggy vaccine lab will truly “speed up the research development and delivery” of the aggy-promised 50 million doses of covid vaccine starting 12 weeks from when they received a sample of the strain. 

The question that should be asked is “Who in their right mind trusted aggys to manage a facility intended to deliver life saving vaccines in time of crisis?”

The other question is “How’s that working out for the people of Texas and the nation so far?” 

FYI- the non-producing aggy vaccine lab was a joint disaster imposed upon Texas by Rick Perry and John Sharp. They were so dedicated to wallowing in the trough of government welfare dollars they forgot they would never be able to come close to delivering on what they told the people to expect. 

Let me guess, the aggys are planning on delivering the promised vaccine to the people, but we have to wait until next year.

Yet again, life proves that the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

Not football but this is the aggy thread that gets the most eyes. SIAP but guard David Edwards who played for Tony Barone in the early 90's dies of coronavirus.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-am-aggies/2020/03/24/former-texas-am-basketball-player-david-edwards-dies-from-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3AgHoZ4ROAOjUgmP9X-t5qA7WfJAui7EGaKPtjux0IgWHsqfHpLV6xCg0

Former Texas A&M basketball player David Edwards has died of the coronavirus. His former Aggies teammate Charles Henderson shared the news via Facebook on Monday night.

An A&M official confirmed reports of Edwards’ death.

“Never in a million years would I have even imagined my backcourt teammate would go before his time. I just got the news that Dave Edwards passed away. For those that have been praying for him, he is now in a better place,” Henderson wrote.

“This coronavirus has hit me in the heart. Dave was one of the fiercest competitors and best point guards that I’ve ever met. Nearly unstoppable. Learned a how to become tough as nails competing against him everyday and shaking off adversity. Will also remember the 4 years we were together after you transferred from Georgetown to Texas A&M. RIP Dave Boogie!!!!”

Tulsa head coach Frank Haith, an assistant at A&M from 1992-95, tweeted on Tuesday that Edwards died in his native New York.

l-FomHUq_bigger.jpg

Yesterday we got word of something no coach ever wants to hear about one of their players. David Edwards who played for us at Texas A&M passed away in NYC from complications of COVID-19. David was a fierce competitor and a loyal teammate. (1/2)

View image on Twitter

This situation is very real and impacts so many that we love. Continue to do your part as we fight this awful pandemic. We will beat this, but we need everyone’s help. RIP David (2/2)

Edwards played at A&M from 1991-94, averaging 13.5 points and 7.1 assists and 2.7 steals in 85 games played. In the 93-94 season, Edwards led the Southwest Conference with 265 assists, which remains the school’s single-season record.

Edited by C-Man

lol. Let me guess, an aggy explained this theory to you.

The big question is whether the super “game changing” aggy vaccine lab will truly “speed up the research development and delivery” of the aggy-promised 50 million doses of covid vaccine starting 12 weeks from when they received a sample of the strain. 

The question that should be asked is “Who in their right mind trusted aggys to manage a facility intended to deliver life saving vaccines in time of crisis?”

The other question is “How’s that working out for the people of Texas and the nation so far?” 

FYI- the non-producing aggy vaccine lab was a joint disaster imposed upon Texas by Rick Perry and John Sharp. They were so dedicated to wallowing in the trough of government welfare dollars they forgot they would never be able to come close to delivering on what they told the people to expect. 

Let me guess, the aggys are planning on delivering the promised vaccine to the people, but we have to wait until next year.

Yet again, life proves that the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

I don't know what that has to do with what I posted. A Suprene Court decision saying that a STATE GOVERNMENT can't be sued shouldn't necessarily protect state-funded institutions that are not branches of said government and are not operated by said government even if the head is appointed by the governor. So I don't know why this should exempt aggy from penalties for stealing the 12th Man book.

7 hours ago, Modessit said:

I don't know what that has to do with what I posted. A Suprene Court decision saying that a STATE GOVERNMENT can't be sued shouldn't necessarily protect state-funded institutions that are not branches of said government and are not operated by said government even if the head is appointed by the governor. So I don't know why this should exempt aggy from penalties for stealing the 12th Man book.

You do realize Texas A&M isn’t just a “state funded institution.” 

A&M may have never been “of, by, and for the people of Texas,” but (sadly and embarrassingly) it is an arm of the Texas state government.

I would be curious to hear your list of organizations funded by the state government, with functional leadership appointed by state officials, that you don't consider a state entity.

The bottom line with the Supreme Court case is that is settled that the writer has no recourse against the state although A&M officials, acting in their official capacity, took the writer’s copyrighted book, removed any copyright info, inserted “special to Texas A&M” in place of the copyright info, and distributed over 350,000 copies of the work to school alumni, this depriving the writer of his intellectual property. It sucks for the writer because he worked years on the book and A&M officials stole his work, but his mistake was trusting the people associated with Texas A&M with his work. 

The case continues against one A&M employee who was deemed to have acted in his individual capacity. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

25 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Lulz, just read at SEC rant where they are having a "worst poster" tournament. No big surprise that Daniel Figurelli is (TexAg7) is the number one seed in his bracket.

is this the same Daniel Figurelli AKA Daniel Joseph was the guy who got fired from PWC for being racist, then tried to change his name? can't believe that guy didn't become a hermit 

reminder in case people come across this or are not aware: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NoName said:

is this the same Daniel Figurelli AKA Daniel Joseph was the guy who got fired from PWC for being racist, then tried to change his name? can't believe that guy didn't become a hermit 

reminder in case people come across this or are not aware: 

Absolutely, the racist multi name change piece of human garbage.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, C-Man said:

Not football but this is the aggy thread that gets the most eyes. SIAP but guard David Edwards who played for Tony Barone in the early 90's dies of coronavirus.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-am-aggies/2020/03/24/former-texas-am-basketball-player-david-edwards-dies-from-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3AgHoZ4ROAOjUgmP9X-t5qA7WfJAui7EGaKPtjux0IgWHsqfHpLV6xCg0

"Take that, tu!"

On 3/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, Modessit said:

State universities are arms of state government. I'm pretty sure that's how Tech got out of paying Leach the remainder of his contract when they took CJK5H's story over his. The bigger question in my mind is how it works for colleges like Colorado which I've read is 75% private at this point. How much state funding is needed to make it an arm of the state? A single dollar?

Edited by 'stache

1 hour ago, sdm said:

When do you suppose aggy is going to make an announcement how they single handedly saved the country from Covid-19?

Now my wife and I are died in the wool fans of another SEC team, but I have to tell you Aggies just how impressed we are with you all.  We were driving through College Station to get to the Super Duper new best in the world Texas A&M vaccine factory so we could get cured off the Chinavirus...and we got lost.  As we were walking around your campus, which is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen, we again got lost.  Well, ya'll are the friendliest bunch, and we must of had 10 or more people say "Howdy", shake our hands and give us big hugs.  Everyone was super friendly and pointed out where the Worlds best Texas A&M vaccine factory was located.

When we got to the vaccine factory they gave us their best cure.  Not sure if me and Mrs. will ever get out of the hospital and off ventilation, but I have already told my kids that instead of going to our SEC school, that they should go be an Aggie!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ABSR said:

Now my wife and I are died in the wool fans of another SEC team, but I have to tell you Aggies just how impressed we are with you all.  We were driving through College Station to get to the Super Duper new best in the world Texas A&M vaccine factory so we could get cured off the Chinavirus...and we got lost.  As we were walking around your campus, which is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen, we again got lost.  Well, ya'll are the friendliest bunch, and we must of had 10 or more people say "Howdy", shake our hands and give us big hugs.  Everyone was super friendly and pointed out where the Worlds best Texas A&M vaccine factory was located.

When we got to the vaccine factory they gave us their best cure.  Not sure if me and Mrs. will ever get out of the hospital and off ventilation, but I have already told my kids that instead of going to our SEC school, that they should go be an Aggie!

Sooooo their vaccine factory is on the same level of usefulness as their trophy room?

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

State universities are arms of state government. I'm pretty sure that's how Tech got out of paying Leach the remainder of his contract when they took CJK5H's story over his. The bigger question in my mind is how it works for colleges like Colorado which I've read is 75% private at this point. How much state funding is needed to make it an arm of the state? A single dollar?

??

Study Reveals The 5 “Richest” College Football Programs

Georgia Bulldogs cheerleaders performing during a game.ATLANTA, GA - DECEMBER 02: Georgia Bulldogs cheerleaders on the field prior to the game against the Auburn Tigers in the SEC Championship at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on December 2, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Who are truly the “richest” college football programs in the country?

00:0001:41

1_th.jpg?crop=323:182,smart&width=323&height=182&fit=crop

A new study done by Penn Live, which combed through data from the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, has ranked every major program in college football based on its revenue.

The college football programs are ranked based on their revenue over the last full fiscal year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019).

Most of the usual suspects are at the top of the list, though there are a couple of surprises inside the top five.

Here are the five “richest” college football programs:

1. Texas Longhorns ($156.1 million)

AMES, IA – NOVEMBER 16: Head coach Tom Herman of the Texas Longhorns coaches during pregame warm ups at Jack Trice Stadium on November 16, 2019 in Ames, Iowa. The Iowa State Cyclones won 23-21 over the Texas Longhorns. (Photo by David K Purdy/Getty Images)

2. Georgia Bulldogs ($123.1 million)

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA – JANUARY 01: Head coach Kirby Smart of the Georgia Bulldogs walks onto the field prior to the Allstate Sugar Bowl against the Baylor Bears at Mercedes Benz Superdome on January 01, 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

3. Michigan Wolverines ($122.3 million)

ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN – NOVEMBER 30: Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines arrives before a college football game against the Ohio State Buckeyes at Michigan Stadium on November 30, 2019 in Ann Arbor, MI. (Photo by Aaron J. Thornton/Getty Images)

4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish ($115.5 million)

ARLINGTON, TEXAS – DECEMBER 29: Head coach Brian Kelly of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish takes the field with his team before the game against the Clemson Tigers during the College Football Playoff Semifinal Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic at AT&T Stadium on December 29, 2018 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

5. Ohio State Buckeyes ($115.1 million)

GLENDALE, ARIZONA – DECEMBER 28: Head coach Ryan Day of the Ohio State Buckeyes reacts against the Clemson Tigers in the first half during the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl at State Farm Stadium on December 28, 2019 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Georgia at No. 2 might be somewhat of a surprise for the average college football fan. Most probably would’ve predicted Ohio State or Notre Dame or Alabama to land behind Texas. The Bulldogs are a true force, though, and lists like this are why some would argue the UGA job is one of the two or three best in the country.

The list is also proof to Tom Herman likely being on somewhat of a hot seat. The richest college football program in the country needs to be better than what the Longhorns have under Herman. Maybe that will finally change in 2020.

You can read Penn Live’s full rankings here.

Poor aggy gonna scream.

Edited by SHOOTER12

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Study Reveals The 5 “Richest” College Football Programs

Georgia Bulldogs cheerleaders performing during a game.ATLANTA, GA - DECEMBER 02: Georgia Bulldogs cheerleaders on the field prior to the game against the Auburn Tigers in the SEC Championship at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on December 2, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Who are truly the “richest” college football programs in the country?

00:0001:41

1_th.jpg?crop=323:182,smart&width=323&height=182&fit=crop

A new study done by Penn Live, which combed through data from the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, has ranked every major program in college football based on its revenue.

The college football programs are ranked based on their revenue over the last full fiscal year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019).

Most of the usual suspects are at the top of the list, though there are a couple of surprises inside the top five.

Here are the five “richest” college football programs:

1. Texas Longhorns ($156.1 million)

AMES, IA – NOVEMBER 16: Head coach Tom Herman of the Texas Longhorns coaches during pregame warm ups at Jack Trice Stadium on November 16, 2019 in Ames, Iowa. The Iowa State Cyclones won 23-21 over the Texas Longhorns. (Photo by David K Purdy/Getty Images)

2. Georgia Bulldogs ($123.1 million)

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA – JANUARY 01: Head coach Kirby Smart of the Georgia Bulldogs walks onto the field prior to the Allstate Sugar Bowl against the Baylor Bears at Mercedes Benz Superdome on January 01, 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

3. Michigan Wolverines ($122.3 million)

ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN – NOVEMBER 30: Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines arrives before a college football game against the Ohio State Buckeyes at Michigan Stadium on November 30, 2019 in Ann Arbor, MI. (Photo by Aaron J. Thornton/Getty Images)

4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish ($115.5 million)

ARLINGTON, TEXAS – DECEMBER 29: Head coach Brian Kelly of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish takes the field with his team before the game against the Clemson Tigers during the College Football Playoff Semifinal Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic at AT&T Stadium on December 29, 2018 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

5. Ohio State Buckeyes ($115.1 million)

GLENDALE, ARIZONA – DECEMBER 28: Head coach Ryan Day of the Ohio State Buckeyes reacts against the Clemson Tigers in the first half during the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl at State Farm Stadium on December 28, 2019 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Georgia at No. 2 might be somewhat of a surprise for the average college football fan. Most probably would’ve predicted Ohio State or Notre Dame or Alabama to land behind Texas. The Bulldogs are a true force, though, and lists like this are why some would argue the UGA job is one of the two or three best in the country.

The list is also proof to Tom Herman likely being on somewhat of a hot seat. The richest college football program in the country needs to be better than what the Longhorns have under Herman. Maybe that will finally change in 2020.

You can read Penn Live’s full rankings here.

Poor aggy gonna scream.

Here are the grand totals, all sports, operating revenue and expenses. Capital contributions for projects such as SEZ are not included in this survey. The data is available here: https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

1492139186_DOEdataAug312019.thumb.jpeg.3dd2e94851fb31b2400a159317ada8e2.jpeg

RD said in his post that capital contributions are not included in operating revenue, e.g. the $10M that Jones donated to piggy 5 years ago.  He could contribute to operating revenue through other avenues if he wanted.  He could buy every suite or every unsold seat in the stadium.  Maybe Walmart would pay for licensing to use piggy football's logo on an item they'd like to promote more in its home state.  Say toothbrushes.  That would be included in operating revenue.

3 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

RD said in his post that capital contributions are not included in operating revenue, e.g. the $10M that Jones donated to piggy 5 years ago.  He could contribute to operating revenue through other avenues if he wanted.  He could buy every suite or every unsold seat in the stadium.  Maybe Walmart would pay for licensing to use piggy football's logo on an item they'd like to promote more in its home state.  Say toothbrushes.  That would be included in operating revenue.

The capital contributions are included in the annual athletics financial report filed with the NCAA as of Dec 31 each year. Those reports usually have to be obtained by Open Records Act requests from the individual schools, as the NCAA does not make them publicly available. 

The NCAA report was what the rednecks were basing their claim of opulent and extravagant athletics department wealth upon. Of course, being farm school rednecks, they lacked the ability to actually understand that report. Their combined once-in-fifty-year facilities investment and its associated capital revenues with their operating revenues and still struggled to match what UT Austin generated in only operating revenue. Add in the $175 mil+ in capital donations for the SEZ project and UTAustin’s “profit” exceeded aggy’s gross revenue for all sports, capital contributions included. 

Also, the cash donations just for the SEZ project exceeds the cash investment by aggy in their entire Kyle Field project. That shows just how massively the ags borrowed to finance that project. 

Remember also that UT Austin maintains an athletics reserve fun of around $50 mil to pay for unexpected events such a buyouts, etc. aggy has never been able to generate enough revenue to pay its bills and save for unexpected events. That is why aggy athletics has been in debt to the academic side for millions since at least 2006.

The state legislature will have to address the financial fallout from the latest medical issue and that will include shortfalls to state funded post-secondary educational institutions. If this affects next fall’s football season, mark my words - the ags will have to beg the legislature for help paying the bills from their athletics department, including playing facilities debt. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

Maybe Walmart would pay for licensing to use piggy football's logo on an item they'd like to promote more in its home state.  Say toothbrushes.  That would be included in operating revenue.

why would they market a product that no one in their fan base has ever heard of?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It looks like since this tweet the "game changing" aggy Covid vaccine John Sharp promised has been delivered to Baton Rouge.

March 26, 2020 11:00 AM

EAST BATON ROUGE - Six people have died in East Baton Rouge related to coronavirus, the coroner revealed Thursday morning in a new update on the ongoing virus fight in EBR.

https://www.wbrz.com/news/ebr-coroner-releases-new-details-about-five-parish-deaths-from-covid-19/