Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 4/2/2020 at 10:37 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

I went to church with one of the College Station deceased. Didn't know her well, but it definitely makes an impression, having a personal connection to this crisis. It sometimes seems like it's all just noise, but no, it's real.

That won't stop aggy from making asses of themselves, of course. Only aggy could take a global emergency and make it about themselves.

BTW - how is that fantastic $90 Million world class virus study laboratory doing? Have they defeated Covid-19 yet?

• Like 1

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I went to church with one of the College Station deceased. Didn't know her well, but it definitely makes an impression, having a personal connection to this crisis. It sometimes seems like it's all just noise, but no, it's real.

That won't stop aggy from making asses of themselves, of course. Only aggy could take a global emergency and make it about themselves.

BTW - how is that fantastic $90 Million world class virus study laboratory doing? Have they defeated Covid-19 yet?

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

On Texags, they have a thread from an “aggie physician” about covid. He starts his message by saying he went to tee yew med school but hangs his diploma upside down. 

That whole thing beggars belief.  First, he seems to be a DO.  The University of Texas System does not include a college of osteopathic medicine.  Second, his reference to UT is apparently to having been "chief resident" at a UT institution, presumably a UTSW hospital.  Sorry, bud, but your residency institution is not your degree-granting institution (it can be, but you don't get a degree from your residency, that already happened).

Haha, I wrote the above based on his blurb.  This is he. https://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/louis-coates-9a1a881d-4f89-47f2-adbe-e037af668f1f-overview

He is a liar about possessing a "tu degree."

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That whole thing beggars belief.  First, he seems to be a DO.  The University of Texas System does not include a college of osteopathic medicine.  Second, his reference to UT is apparently to having been "chief resident" at a UT institution, presumably a UTSW hospital.  Sorry, bud, but your residency institution is not your degree-granting institution (it can be, but you don't get a degree from your residency, that already happened).

Haha, I wrote the above based on his blurb.  This is he. https://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/louis-coates-9a1a881d-4f89-47f2-adbe-e037af668f1f-overview

Hey bro, aggies don’t lie.

2 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

Hey bro, aggies don’t lie.

Anyone who relies on or trusts an aggy in time of national need is an idiot. The entire aggy system is built upon wallowing at the trough of government welfare projects and personally enriching the kleptocrats who run the A&M System.

John Sharp and the "aggy nation" have completely failed to to deliver for the people. The only ones who have benefited from the complete waste of taxpayer funds and the aggy biopharm scam have been cronies of Rick Perry and John Sharp. Which was exactly what was predicted on day one.

Hopefully, this redneck boondoggle will be completely shut down and whatever money is dedicated to it will finally be directed somewhere other than directly to the pockets of aggys seeking to personally enrich themselves and their aggy co-conspirators. To think kickbacks were not paid in some format by the aggys who cashed in on their biopharm scam is naive.

My instincts tell me to go back and track where the money for their beloved stadium came from. For decades, the aggys let their football stadium disintegrate to the point the electrical infrastructure was condemned by the Fire Marshall as a safety hazard, the plumbing didn't function and the bat shit was caked all over the place.

Then, in 2013 Rick Perry arranges "a multibillion-dollar federal grant to the Texas A&M University System to create a "center of innovation" for the development of drugs to counter influenza." When the people need to depend on the facility the aggys were supposed to create can't function properly. But the aggys got their fucking football stadium. And John Sharp got his salary raised to over $1.3 mil/yr. But, in time of national need, the aggys have nothing else to deliver.

Yet again the lesson learned is "never trust an aggy."

Where is the accountability, aggys? The people of Texas deserve a full audit of what money was wasted and to whose pockets the essentially stolen money went to. I'm pretty sure if the scam is fully investigated, well known aggys will go to federal prison. If this scam gets investigated, sovereign immunity, the favorite aggy tool for avoiding personal responsibility for stupidity and corruption, isn't going to bail out any aggys.

The people of Texas (and the United States) deserve better than Texas A&M.

Big pharma is finally coming to Texas.

State leaders have entered into a partnership with GlaxoSmithKline, the world's largest vaccine maker, to develop and manufacture its new generation of influenza vaccines in Texas.

The deal, expected to be announced Tuesday, stems from a multibillion-dollar federal grant to the Texas A&M University System received last summer to create a "center of innovation" for the development of drugs to counter influenza and other biological and chemical threats.

With federal funds, Texas A&M will build a large $91 million facility near the university where, beginning in 2020, GlaxoSmithKline will make between 12 million and 15 million doses of vaccine for seasonal flu.

Effectively, then, a state that traditionally has excelled economically in fields such as energy and medical care will gain a stake in the pharmaceutical industry.

"It's huge for Texas because what's going to happen is it's going to make the state the third coast for biopharmaceuticals," said John Sharp, chancellor of the Texas A&M University System.

To diversify the state's economy, Texas officials have long sought a role in pharmaceutical manufacturing but have been rebuffed for two principal reasons: There's no existing cluster of such companies and no workforce to support one.

"I have always been intrigued by how could we get big pharma to invest in Texas," Gov. Rick Perry said in an interview with the Chronicle.

Perry has received substantial criticism for using economic development funds to enrich his allies, but his $50 million bet on the National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing appears to have paid off.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Big-pharma-coming-to-Texas-with-vaccine-deal-4383455.php

Edited by Randolph Duke

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

Looking at that schedule and seeing their first away game is in October, I was curious as to how many away games they have played in september since joining the sec. So including the above 2020 schedule that would be 9 seasons. How many true away games in that time frame?

Six.

There’s an element of setting up the team to win early, but the reality is that super rich aggy needs all of those home games to have enough revenue to operate. They need 7 1/2 (split gate w/arky) home games per season just to break even or close. 

they bitch about the arky game now because they could really use 8 home games per season financially and arky prevents that scheduling possibility. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He didn't lie.  He just ran out of truth.

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

only thing worse than an Aggie wedding is a dry one

Um, how 'bout an aggy funeral?  I related this story on TOS, so apologies if you've heard it before.

My cousin died of a heart attack 3 years ago.  His three sisters and he were aggys --- despite the fact that none of them actually went there.  (I think maybe one of his sisters attended for a semester.)  Anyway, the service was aggy themed.  Maroon everything.  They actually played the aggy war hymn at the end.  As soon as it was over, one of his sisters turned to me and yelled across the room, "That's for you!!!" 

I responded in my best Garth Algar voice, "Thank you".

7 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

On Texags, they have a thread from an “aggie physician” about covid. He starts his message by saying he went to tee yew med school but hangs his diploma upside down. 

We need to avoid this guy.

Edited by Big Frog II

Um, how 'bout an aggy funeral?  I related this story on TOS, so apologies if you've heard it before.
My cousin died of a heart attack 3 years ago.  His three sisters and he were aggys --- despite the fact that none of them actually went there.  (I think maybe one of his sisters attended for a semester.)  Anyway, the service was aggy themed.  Maroon everything.  They actually played the aggy war hymn at the end.  As soon as it was over, one of his sisters turned to me and yelled across the room, "That's for you!!!" 

I remember you telling this over there. I guess I missed the part when none of them went to aggy. Holy fucking shit

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I looked up his background on Doximity (humblebrag). He went to "Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine" (I've never heard of it either) and did his residency at St Paul Medical Center in Mendota, IL (likewise). Not impressive (no offense to any DO's on the board) and no mention of any higher schooling/training in the state of TX.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

that's a close second to dry wedding, but nice story

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 9:50 AM, TwiceHorn said:

So, you’re saying that Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO fraudulently claims to have a UT Southwestern Medical School degree? The same Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO who fraudulently claims on Texags that he holds a Medical Degree from UT Southwestern Medical School? The same Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO who currently practices in Garland, Texas?  That Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

So, you’re saying that Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO fraudulently claims to have a UT Southwestern Medical School degree? The same Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO who fraudulently claims on Texags that he holds a Medical Degree from UT Southwestern Medical School? The same Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO who currently practices in Garland, Texas?  That Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO?

I think he means Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO with the degree from a Caribbean for-profit college, University of Health Sciences, Antigua?  I understand why Dr. Louis Patrick Coates, DO would fraudulently claim a degree from UT Southwestern Medical School!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, Randolph Duke said:

John Sharp and the "aggy nation" have completely failed to to deliver for the people.

Not necessarily true. If you order from GrubHub anywhere in the state of Texas you have a 31% chance that an aggy will deliver your food.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

So it would have been 1st and 10 at the USC 11...and Vince would have an additional rushing TD. 

And USC wouldn’t have enough time to move the ball into FG position just before halftime...if they even got the ball again before half.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
shakahorn beat me

Has aggy started selling their corona-aggy-virus face masks yet?  I wonder what it’ll look like?  Proceeds to pay back academics, I’m sure.
I am actually making masks right now (well, waiting for fabric that should be here wednesday) and got dang am I a moron for not thinking about some aggy print material that is totally useless medical-wise.

Wouldn't matter if it would be useful, because aggy print is all that would matter. Sell them at $20 each at a usa cost of $3 and I could do two chicks at once like 30 times.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

I am actually making masks right now (well, waiting for fabric that should be here wednesday) and got dang am I a moron for not thinking about some aggy print material that is totally useless medical-wise.

Wouldn't matter if it would be useful, because aggy print is all that would matter. Sell them at $20 each at a usa cost of $3 and I could do two chicks at once like 30 times.

Since we are talking aggy, we know there will be a brisk market after all the danger has passed. Being "true aggys' we know they will sell out masks after the fact when they buy their never used and fake war souvenirs so they can start telling everyone they can how they alone fought and saved mankind from sure disaster. Fucked up, yes, but at A&M that sort of shit is called tradition.

Just don't forget the S!E!C! logo so we know it is authentic aggy.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

I looked up his background on Doximity (humblebrag). He went to "Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine" (I've never heard of it either) and did his residency at St Paul Medical Center in Mendota, IL (likewise). Not impressive (no offense to any DO's on the board) and no mention of any higher schooling/training in the state of TX.

Personally, I've never understood the point of lying about stuff that can be refuted with a 2 second google search

On 4/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Minor correction.  The St. Paul reference is to the former (the physical structure has been demolished, I'm not sure there isn't a remnant) St. Paul Hospital/Medical Center which was the original UTSW teaching hospital before Parkland and Zale-Lipshy.  https://library.utsouthwestern.edu/speccol/archives/SPHistTimeline.pdf

That is his gossamer-thin connection to a UT medical school.  He may have received some kind of residency certificate, but it was not a UT System diploma.

Edited by TwiceHorn

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Minor correction.  The St. Paul reference is to the former (the physical structure has been demolished, I'm not sure there isn't a remnant) St. Paul Hospital/Medical Center which was the original UTSW teaching hospital before Parkland and Zale-Lipshy.  https://library.utsouthwestern.edu/speccol/archives/SPHistTimeline.pdf

That is his gossamer-thin connection to a UT medical school.  He may have received some kind of residency certificate, but it was not a UT System diploma.

You might be correct, but Doximity lists his residency as noted (he should change it, as it’s the medical professional equivalent of LinkedIn). This might be the aggy version of Stolen Valor, like claiming to be a retired SEAL general.

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I’m reminded of how the aggys refused to allow the previous grads from their purchased “law school” to claim A&M “law school” as their alma mater. 

17 hours ago, markstanco said:

BUUUUUULLSHIIIIIIIIT! Aggies never lie, cheat, steal, spread viruses, or tolerate those who do, stupid tee-sip!