Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

7 hours ago, NoName said:

Personally, I've never understood the point of lying about stuff that can be refuted with a 2 second google search

It's just good bull. Most of their traditions are built on lies. They all know they're lies, they just like good bull.

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Amongst their many, many concerning issues, aggy AD finances are skewed and screwed.

From SI article on the football season being all effed.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/04/08/college-football-future-2020-ncaa-coronavirus

"Young and the Aggies have something else to worry about, too: donations. The economy is hammering businesses, including those operated by big-money boosters. For A&M, tucked in the heart of big oil and gas country, that’s especially significant. At most Power 5 programs, donations are usually responsible for about 25% of revenue. At A&M, it’s more than 40%. The Aggies got more than $90 million from donors last year, much of it from oil tycoons."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jTower said:

Amongst their many, many concerning issues, aggy AD finances are skewed and screwed.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/04/08/college-football-future-2020-ncaa-coronavirus

"Young and the Aggies have something else to worry about, too: donations. The economy is hammering businesses, including those operated by big-money boosters. For A&M, tucked in the heart of big oil and gas country, that’s especially significant. At most Power 5 programs, donations are usually responsible for about 25% of revenue. At A&M, it’s more than 40%. The Aggies got more than $90 million from donors last year, much of it from oil tycoons."

not to mention, donations aren't fucking revenue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jTower said:

I’ll be curious to see if Johnny will head the regions covid money. If so that’ll keep donations rolling in like the hurricane boost he got from his friends. Pretty much like any money aggie gets its hands on.

On 4/5/2020 at 12:10 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

“You will be able to tell from the sound of the crowd...”  I watched the full video and listened, and I do believe the kick was good.

Gawd, I'd love to see that video with a split screen of various aggys watching the kick.  

2 hours ago, jTower said:

The reality of aggy athletics is that it is one of the most leveraged athletics departments in the nation, and they lack the ability to generate sufficient operating revenues to compete with most major programs, so they are highly dependent on donations to supplement their operating revenues. When donations have dipped in the past, the ags have simply borrowed from the academic side. No surprisingly to those who watch aggy athletics' finances, aggy athletics has been unable to pay its outstanding loans owed the academic side since 2006.

The ags are about to get a painful education on the difference between operating revenue and gross revenue. They are about to learn the difference between a royalty payment (as in LHN), and a revenue sharing payment (as in SECN). Remember when Clay Travis famously "predicted" that schools like Mississippi State and Texas A&M would generate more media revenue that Texas or Notre Dame (https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/every-sec-school-will-make-more-tv-money-than-texas-notre-dame-072314/).

Travis' exact quote was "within three years I don’t think there’s any doubt that the SEC schools will be making over twenty million a year from the SEC Network."

WRONG!

Remember when the idiot aggy rednecks actually believed that garbage?

Clay Travis was so wrong on his "predictions" of financial windfall for SEC member schools, he deactivated the link to his story where he showed how he reached his conclusion. It now just redirects to foxsports.com (http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/sec-network-poised-to-be-fifth-most-lucrative-sports-network-in-country-072214).

Thanks to the crawler, we have an archived copy of Travis' garbage the aggys feasted on as only poorly educated sycophant rednecks can. https://web.archive.org/web/20150214040221/http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/sec-network-poised-to-be-fifth-most-lucrative-sports-network-in-country-072214

Just wait to see how this all settles out.

One thing we already know is that is that the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 6

On 4/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Minor correction.  The St. Paul reference is to the former (the physical structure has been demolished, I'm not sure there isn't a remnant) St. Paul Hospital/Medical Center which was the original UTSW teaching hospital before Parkland and Zale-Lipshy.  https://library.utsouthwestern.edu/speccol/archives/SPHistTimeline.pdf

That is his gossamer-thin connection to a UT medical school.  He may have received some kind of residency certificate, but it was not a UT System diploma.

My wife went to UTSWMS. When she was there, the only residency program was in OB/GYN. Either he is younger than he looks, or he’s a aggy wannabe Texas grad. I doubt they added a FP residency program before the hospital ceased to exist, so I’m going with the latter. 

As a side note, when she was at Southwestern, there were aggy students who actually tried to claim that the campus had no affiliation with UT-Austin. One of the professors kindly told them that everything in the system was ultimately controlled out of Austin. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

About half the posts on here are bitching about Vince's knee was down.

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3103777

I salute whoever 33 is: 

Tamu_mgm said:
From almost 2 decades ago. What's pathetic is the constant reminiscing about it.

I'm sure Aggies reminisced well into the 50's after their national championship.

• Like 1

So if they cancel the 2020 season, Jimbo won't win a fucking game.  John Sharp is gonna be pissed.  The tackle box won't pay for itself.  
Its not getting canceled but if it did, the contracts concerning this would be interesting to see across the board. No way all the lawyers writing it figured something like this. But I bet some did.

In all honesty, as a trade school, Texas A&M is almost adequate.

As a literary university, well, that's another story.

There is always one person one here who parents where siblings! Good grief! LOL

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3105517/replies/56344829

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 4/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, lemonandaturd said:
So if they cancel the 2020 season, Jimbo won't win a fucking game.  John Sharp is gonna be pissed.  The tackle box won't pay for itself.  

Its not getting canceled but if it did, the contracts concerning this would be interesting to see across the board. No way all the lawyers writing it figured something like this. But I bet some did.

I don't think the lawyers who wrote this anticipated a season cancelled by a pandemic:

Screen_Shot_2018_08_22_at_1.29.27_PM.png

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't think the lawyers who wrote this anticipated a season cancelled by a pandemic:

Screen_Shot_2018_08_22_at_1.29.27_PM.png

In this instance, the word "lawyer" should be in quotes.

In the non-redneck world, Jimbo's contract was an expenditure, not an investment.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

14 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 4/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Its not getting canceled but if it did, the contracts concerning this would be interesting to see across the board. 

Not really, in this case. Fisher will continue to get paid. I promise his contract does not protect A&M in the event of "ain't no foo'ball played this year", and neither does any other coach's. 

Basically, he's still their football coach and they still have to pay him what the contract says. I guess you could start seeing young, first-time coaches get clauses inserted into their contracts that dial their pay back significantly in the event a majority of the games have to be temporarily cancelled, but no coach with leverage is going to accept that. 

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Olin Buchanan is so cute:

984988f1bf081ce7108da432410e825b.jpg

My personal favorite Olin Buchanan stupid statement was when he equated Leon O'Neal's oratory skills with those of JFK, Abraham Lincoln, Marc Anthony and Patrick Henry.

I have a collection of Olin's classically clueless writings. Just a few of his truly brilliant gems:

olin compilation.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

aggy continues to be belittled & ridiculed because of clueless tools like him and Looch who continue to make fake claims about their “powerhouse” mediocrity on the Brazos.

Even their SEC overlords realize that fact and treat them like the town idiot that they are.

The self awareness gene passed aggy by like a leper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

aggy continues to be belittled & ridiculed because of clueless tools like him and Looch who continue to make fake claims about their “powerhouse” mediocrity on the Brazos.

Even their SEC overlords realize that fact and treat them like the town idiot that they are.

The self awareness gene passed aggy by like a leper.

One rather important thing about aggy is as an institution, they have no identity or mission other than to be "just like UT Austin."

Originally, the institution was intended to offer upward economic mobility for those growing up in rural communities. They took delinquent farm boys, tried to teach them how to grow the fuck up at least a little, and offered opportunities through rote learning.

Now, the only way they try to differentiate themselves if by being the most redneck institution in Texas. All we hear is S!E!C! Well, that and "just like UT Austin" (which they certainly are not).

What actually is the mission of Texas A&M, other than to provide a slightly elevated trade school education for the graduating high school kids of Texas who couldn't qualify for admission to a literary university.

aggy loves to proclaim its "powerhouse" status in all things, but actually what is aggy's mission, what are they truly good at, and what are their objectives moving forward (other than to simply admit more students than any junior college or four-year institution in the nation)?

And here come the aggys with their revisionist self-promotion that completely ignores the fact that the aggys and their "game changer" are nowhere to be seen.

The aggys have completely failed the people of Texas and "around the world," yet they are already congratulating themselves for being "on the front lines."

0130570-qrla-240x135.jpg

https://texags.com/s/35948/aggies-on-the-front-lines-faces-of-courage-and-wisdom-amidst-a-pandemic

I think we found out who George Patton was referring to when he mentioned those having to claim "Well, your granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana.'" The shit the aggys have shoveled over the years is legendary.

When are the aggys going to admit they have completely and spectacularly failed the entire human race?

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has approved the creation of a $91 million influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility in a joint venture between the Texas A&M University System and GlaxoSmithKline in what Chancellor John Sharp described Tuesday as “one of the most significant developments ever in the state of Texas.”

The facility will speed up the research, development and delivery of vaccines and therapeutics in cases of pandemics or other national emergencies.

The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks."

"“It’s a game-changer not just for Texas but for folks everywhere,” Sharp said at a morning news conference with Gov. Rick Perry to announce the effort.

Perry said the center would bring more than $41 billion in in-state expenditures over the next 25 years and directly and indirectly create more than 6,800 jobs.

“More importantly there will be lives that will be saved around the world because of what is happening in the state of Texas,” said Perry."

https://www.statesman.com/article/20130326/NEWS/303269670

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Wait, I thought their narrative was that we DON'T want to schedule them, that we're AFRAID of scheduling them.

Now they're saying we DO want to schedule them?

I'm so confused.

You say, "Yes", I say, "No"
You say, "Stop" but I say, "Go, go, go"
Oh no
You say, "Goodbye", and I say, "Hello, hello, hello"
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello, hello, hello"
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello"
I say, "High", you say, "Low"
You say, "Why?" And I say, "I don't know"
Oh no!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
You say, "Yes", I say, "No"
You say, "Stop" but I say, "Go, go, go"
Oh no
You say, "Goodbye", and I say, "Hello, hello, hello"
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello, hello, hello"
I don't know why you say, "Goodbye", I say, "Hello"
I say, "High", you say, "Low"
You say, "Why?" And I say, "I don't know"
Oh no!

You say "black", I say "white"
You say "bark", I say "bite"
You say "shark", I say "Hey man,
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars!"

You say "Rolls", I say "Royce"
You say "God" - Give me a choice!
You say "Lord", I say "Christ!"
I don't believe in Peter Pan,
Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

And here come the aggys with their revisionist self-promotion that completely ignores the fact that the aggys and their "game changer" are nowhere to be seen.

The aggys have completely failed the people of Texas and "around the world," yet they are already congratulating themselves for being "on the front lines."

0130570-qrla-240x135.jpg

https://texags.com/s/35948/aggies-on-the-front-lines-faces-of-courage-and-wisdom-amidst-a-pandemic

I think we found out who George Patton was referring to when he mentioned those having to claim "Well, your granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana.'" The shit the aggys have shoveled over the years is legendary.

When are the aggys going to admit they have completely and spectacularly failed the entire human race?

Originally posted in 20fucking13? What's taking those assholes so long? Are they over there just fucking around playing grabass?

They turned it over to their (butt) crack team of scieintists in the Texas A&M Fightin' Texas Aggies From Texas Center for Cold Fusion Research. They got this. 

Fearless on every front. Commanded by a Collie. Self-deluded Sunday through Saturday.

Texas A&M University! Gateway to Qatar! 

In real time we are witnessing why people expect so little of the aggys. They lied to the people about their ability to provide in time of need. Because they are understood to be intellectually infirm, absolutely no one is asking any aggy to acknowledge, let alone explain, their previous representations.

But being aggys, nothing will stop them from producing self-congratulatory videos, professing to be "out on the front lines" (which they have already done).

I'm still waiting for anyone to tell us when the aggys plan on addressing the words of John Sharp, and the other aggy idiots, meant when they were explaining why hundreds of millions of tax dollars were being directed to College Station, Texas to establish a "Bio Corridor."

We all knew the aggy "biocorridor" and the aggy "game changing" vaccine laboratory would prove to be no different than the aggy "game changing" perfection of cold fusion, their "game changing" advances in the field of alchemy, their "game changing" plan to feed cotton flour to the masses, and God knows how many other "game changing" ideas they have failed at delivering on.

Q: When will John Sharp be asked why the promises he made when he accepted the money for the vaccine "laboratory" have not been fulfilled now they are truly needed. Where is this aggy "game changer" they promised when they accepted the money from the federal and state vaccine facility?

A: Never. Because John Sharp lied. The aggys took the money and failed to deliver on John Sharp's promises. In a time of great national emergency, the aggys completely failed all of us.

It wasn't the first time, and it unquestionably won't be the last.

The aggys should erect a "memorial" on their campus to all the lives that were lost during the 2020 pandemic. Maybe a big granite slab with all the boastful aggys claims that were just empty words.

The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks.

"It's a game-changer for us, and, we think, for Texas," Sharp said. "This is just another war: A war against natural pandemics

“More importantly there will be lives that will be saved around the world because of what is happening in the state of Texas,” said Perry.

The people at A&M voice no doubts. "Whatever the government asks us to do, we can do," said Giroir.

Once this new building is fully functional they'll be able to mass produce 50 million doses of flu vaccine within four month's time of a declared pandemic. Construction is expected to be completed in one year with a flu vaccine ready by 2019.

Edited by Randolph Duke

15 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

In real time we are witnessing why people expect so little of the aggys. They lied to the people about their ability to provide in time of need. Because they are understood to be intellectually infirm, absolutely no one is asking any aggy to acknowledge, let alone explain, their previous representations.

But being aggys, nothing will stop them from producing self-congratulatory videos, professing to be "out on the front lines" (which they have already done).

I'm still waiting for anyone to tell us when the aggys plan on addressing the words of John Sharp, and the other aggy idiots, meant when they were explaining why hundreds of millions of tax dollars were being directed to College Station, Texas to establish a "Bio Corridor."

We all knew the aggy "biocorridor" and the aggy "game changing" vaccine laboratory would prove to be no different than the aggy "game changing" perfection of cold fusion, their "game changing" advances in the field of alchemy, their "game changing" plan to feed cotton flour to the masses, and God knows how many other "game changing" ideas they have failed at delivering on.

Q: When will John Sharp be asked why the promises he made when he accepted the money for the vaccine "laboratory" have not been fulfilled now they are truly needed. Where is this aggy "game changer" they promised when they accepted the money from the federal and state vaccine facility?

A: Never. Because John Sharp lied. The aggys took the money and failed to deliver on John Sharp's promises. In a time of great national emergency, the aggys completely failed all of us.

It wasn't the first time, and it unquestionably won't be the last.

The aggys should erect a "memorial" on their campus to all the lives that were lost during the 2020 pandemic. Maybe a big granite slab with all the boastful aggys claims that were just empty words.

. . . with a passion hotter than a thousand suns. Go get 'em, RD!

46 minutes ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

. . . with a passion hotter than a thousand suns. Go get 'em, RD!

I find it interesting that one of the stronger aspects of aggy culture is to bloviate and to never take accountability for any of their statements.

The reality is that the "aggy biocorridor" has been an utter failure, the claims made by John Sharp were farcical, the hundreds of millions of dollars given to the aggys for the project have been completely wasted, and that no one in their right mind would ever put themselves in a position to have to depend on any aggy in a time of crisis.

The waste associated with this latest aggy boondoggle is astounding. The truly sad part of taxpayers having to support aggy and aggy culture is that the money wasted on aggy could have been used to save lives, had that money instead been entrusted to responsible individuals.

Hence, the suggestion the aggys build a campus "memorial" to the lives that have been lost and are today being lost because of the waste that defines aggy and aggy culture.

Edited by Randolph Duke