• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

To be fair, if by leaders in military theatre aggy rick meant the best at dressing up like soldiers then he got that one correct 

You've Lulzed me twice tonight. Well done bro. 

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20200430/this-aint-time-to-follow-rules-texas-am-wants-to-run-human-coronavirus-tests-in-its-animal-labs

‘This ain’t the time to follow rules’: Texas A&M wants to run human coronavirus tests in its animal labs

I really don't see the issue with allowing this testing, but they are getting shot down

probably would have been smart to cross certify people prior to now, but I am sure that will be done in the future

I wonder if other states are asking for or getting a waiver or if any of their lab staff is already cross certified

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20200430/this-aint-time-to-follow-rules-texas-am-wants-to-run-human-coronavirus-tests-in-its-animal-labs

‘This ain’t the time to follow rules’: Texas A&M wants to run human coronavirus tests in its animal labs

I really don't see the issue with allowing this testing, but they are getting shot down

probably would have been smart to cross certify people prior to now, but I am sure that will be done in the future

I wonder if other states are asking for or getting a waiver or if any of their lab staff is already cross certified

Allow the gomers to perform tests for their fellow gomers only. Don't let them anywhere near productive, well-adjusted individuals.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

He actually came out in favor of renewing the game.

Well that contradicts the statement of wanting to play OOC games against teams that have won championships in the modern era.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

Should that be, "Even I wasn't alive when aggy won their last MNC?"

I failed Mrs. Gregg’s 8th grade English Grammar class at Taipei American School in 1958.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

Not a grammar Nazi, merely a good-natured gibe at the both of us--'cause I'm right there with you on the age train.

I'm close to both you in age. If I typed exactly what I say out loud, no one know what the hell I said, or understand.

edit: read again and don't understand what I typed

Edited by EastTexan

Liucci is gushing over Victory Vaka, A&M's recent commit from Southern California (Westlake Village).

"With recruitments like this, you're going to be in it for the long haul fighting off the powerhouses to land this kid out of California"

Neither USC nor UCLA even offered this kid, even though he plays right in their backyards. In fact, he wasn't offered by a single California school. Think about that for a while.

Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Commit Breakdown: Liucci goes in-depth on new commit Victory Vaka
By Gabe Bock May 5, 2020

Key notes from Billy Liucci interview

• I loved the Victory Vaka‍ pickup. With recruitments like this, you're going to be in it for the long haul fighting off the powerhouses to land this kid out of California, and it's very rewarding for the staff to win a race like that.

• As a player, I compare the pickup to Fadil Diggs‍ in that it was an early commitment, but one you fought hard against a lot of big programs that wanted him badly. With Vaka, he's a guy that has never been to the state of Texas but is aware and knows where he belongs, and it's in the SEC West.

https://texags.com/s/36118/commit-breakdown-liucci-goes-in-depth-on-new-commit-victory-vaka

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

Liucci is gushing over Victory Vaka, A&M's recent commit from Southern California (Westlake Village).
"With recruitments like this, you're going to be in it for the long haul fighting off the powerhouses to land this kid out of California"
Neither USC nor UCLA even offered this kid, even though he plays right in their backyards. Think about that for a while.
Texas A&M Football Recruiting
Commit Breakdown: Liucci goes in-depth on new commit Victory Vaka By Gabe Bock May 5, 2020

Key notes from Billy Liucci interview

• I loved the Victory Vaka‍ pickup. With recruitments like this, you're going to be in it for the long haul fighting off the powerhouses to land this kid out of California, and it's very rewarding for the staff to win a race like that.

• As a player, I compare the pickup to Fadil Diggs‍ in that it was an early commitment, but one you fought hard against a lot of big programs that wanted him badly. With Vaka, he's a guy that has never been to the state of Texas but is aware and knows where he belongs, and it's in the SEC West.
https://texags.com/s/36118/commit-breakdown-liucci-goes-in-depth-on-new-commit-victory-vaka

This shit’s checkers, not chess. Wait, um ...

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Neither USC nor UCLA even offered this kid, even though he plays right in their backyards. Think about that for a while.

When he gets to College Station, it'll be a reverse Beverly Hillbillies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Going from southern Cal to the Warsaw Pact style housing gonna be quite a shock for Vaca. Just can't wait till he asks "How far to the closest In N Out, or Red Robin"?

The kid wasn't offered by a single California school. He has never set foot in the state of Texas, let alone in College Station.

Keep your popcorn close by. This is going to be one to watch. Impending pure comedy gold. Mark my words.

14 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Other things like: finding the doorway in a round room, "do we have a single trophy to put in the "Hall of Champions?" and is it possible for an FCS school to count as an SEC win so aggy can finish with a winning record in conference for a change?

59 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The kid wasn't offered by a single California school. He has never set foot in the state of Texas, let alone in College Station.

Keep your popcorn close by. This is going to be one to watch. Impending pure comedy gold. Mark my words.

how long before they start calling him Cabeza de Vaka?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

When he gets to College Station, it'll be a reverse Beverly Hillbillies.

To the melody of The Beverly Hillbillies

Come and listen to a story bout a man named Vaka,

Who moved to the sticks covered in sheep caca,

Then one day they realized he wasn't any good,

So they dropped the trap door on the poor fat dude,

Screwed he was, yes indeed

Well the first thing you know Vakas in deep despair,

The kinfolks said son move away from there,

Said Californy is the place you ought to be,

So he packed up his stuff and moved away from the.....

Shithole station, sheep fucking, milkmen and crappy bars.....

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

To the melody of The Beverly Hillbillies

Come and listen to a story bout a man named Vaka,

Who moved to the sticks covered in sheep caca,

Then one day they realized he wasn't any good,

So they dropped the trap door on the the poor fat dude,

Screwed he was, yes indeed

Well the first thing you know Vakas in deep despair,

The kinfolks said son move away from there,

Said Californy is the place you ought to be,

So he packed up his stuff and moved away from the.....

Shithole station, sheep fucking, milkmen and crappy bars.....

That's so beautiful, I think you just touched my tra-la-la.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

That's so beautiful, I think you just touched my tra-la-la.

I can never see this without thinking how never before have so many sacrificed so little for so trivial a purpose. Don't ever change, aggy... oh, wait. They wouldn't have anyway. Nevermind.

You must be new here. But that's OK. Yes, when it comes to the sips, I do know all. My roommate and bonfire brother from A&M was the sip chancellor's son. That's right. I was in the Bauer House Mansion the weekend after the TDay game in 2017 when Mackovic was fired and Mack Brown was hired. I was there when Joe Jamail, Red Mc Combs, Deloss Dodds, and other wealthy Texas alums spent the weekend hunkered down and doing what was best for Texas. I watched the list go from 10 to 5 to 1. I watched as Bill Harris of Stanford was crossed off the list. I watched as Gary Barnett of Northwestern was crossed off the list. And others. I witnessed them talk about their motivations, their arrogance, etc. I listened and I learned.

You probably think the game between our schools has historically been a fair fight. You probably think that all it takes to win that game is to show up on gameday and play better. By defining the game of football, you would be correct. But that doesn't define what the sips do to ensure victory, in every sport.

Do you know who Randy Chrystal and John Bible are? Both were referees for decades in the SWC and the Big 12. They were also umpires in the Spring, and both lived in Austin. So what do you know, both go the pleasure of umpiring a lot of Tuesday afternoon games at the Disch when the sips played. They also got included in the rotation for weekend series. But their real money maker was Tuesday games. Get to drive to the field, collect a check, and be home before dark. No a bad gig if you can get it. Unfortunately for Randy, he got the pleasure of calling balls and strikes for one Roger Clemons for a couple games. Turns out, Roger didn't like his strike zone, and Roger demanded that Randy Chrystal, and his crew including John Bible, no longer be allowed to umpire games at Disch Faulk field. Should a player have that ability? Should a coach have that ability? Should an AD have that ability? Hell no, but Roger Clemons had that power. And Roger Clemons turned off the hometown revenue for Randy Chrystal and John Bible.

All of a sudden, a few weekends later, Randy Chrystal and John Bible were seen back in the Disch Faulk rotation. How'd they get there? By promising to be better. And what is better? Well, you get the picture. Do you think Randy Chrystal and John Bible, who reffed and umped the next two decades of baseball and football for the Sips and Texas A&M ever forgot that? Do you think a man's personal cash flow motivations might trump their integrity every now and then? Because in the early 1980s in Austin, Randy Chrystal and John Bible allowed their integrity to be compromised.

That is but an example of how the sips wield power, off the field. And you are nave enough to think you can jump onto the field with them and play a fair game? I bet you go to Vegas thinking you can beat the house at BlackJack too. You take those 44% odds, or whatever they are, and you love to play. So do I, but I'm not dumb enough to think I'm better than the house. The rules are designed to have the house win, and for over 100 years, the rules were designed to have the sips win. I've had enough, many others have had enough, but Cullen Gilaspia hasn't experienced it, and obviously neither have you.

Finally, did you know the sip referee who threw the flag on Hunter to extend the Case McCoy drive was a die hoard longhorn fan who was a texags user committed to defending the sips, at all costs, on the old rivalries board? How do you think he got assigned to that game? Are you that unaware?