• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Fucking aggy, always crowing about how they are a marquee name in college football. Lets see who people actually watched in 2019. The LHN and SEC viewership isnt tracked by Neilsen so its impossible to do a season long comparison, but we flip back and forth from week to week in weeks where there is data for both teams. But in the marquee games. . . womp, womp.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Week 2: Texas vs LSU (8.63 million viewers), aggy vs Clemson (6.46 million viewers)
Week 7: Texas vs OU ( 7.25 million viewers), aggy vs Bama ( 6.11 million viewers)
Bowl Week: Texas vs Utah (5.61 million viewers), aggy vs Okla St (4.9 million viewers)

For comparisons sake, aggy vs LSU drew 2.95 million viewers, but admittedly it takes a steely soul to endure that kind of brutal prison rape. Hmmmm.... both games occupied a prime time TV slot on a national network (ABC, ESPN). What could be different. Jeez.....LSU played in both games, so its gotta be something else.....I gotta think on that one a bit more.

Edited by Blotto
Its marquee, stupid
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Bill Cunningham did not call a conclave at the Bauer House the weekend after Mackovic was fired in 1997 with the intent of imposing a football coach hire upon Peter Flawn, who was UT Austin president at the time.

Also, there was no T-Day game in 1997. It was played on the Friday after T-Day. In College Station. This guy wants us to believe he was at the game Friday night, drove to Austin on Saturday and as a stranger to everyone else in the room (who were all UT Austin power brokers), even though he was an aggy was allowed to observe because he was friends with the son of the UT System Chancellor.

That doesn't sound far fetched at all.

And, if we accept aggy's belief that all these people hate Texas A&M so virulently that they were willing to toss aside every ounce of integrity and conspire with others against A&M, why? Why do the aggys think they are so universally hated, even by people such as John Bible whose grandfather D.X. Bible, coached the aggys during the famous E. King Gill/ 12th Man game.

The ref who threw the flag late in the 2011 game was a firefighter from San Antonio. This guy regularly risked his life to save the lives of strangers, but he was supposedly such a scumbag he cheated against A&M? Really?

Why do the aggys think so many people hate them so virulently? aggys seem to have all the answers except that one.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

What 80-year war did A&M help win that I am not aware of?  

Oh wait, are they talking about the War of Eastexia?  Aggie has always been at war with Eastexia.  

Guest Lobo

I think we've all been with one of those "Area" Women, amirite?  Shows off her ankles on the third date, have a certain zest for living...

This is why at all costs, these motherfuckers cannot win. Buying players, cheating ass conference.  Cradle to grave without ever seeing your team win a championship is more painful than anything else, and it couldn’t happen to a better group of assholes.  Wouldn’t give two shits if they ever won another game. 

• Like 1

Murder hornets have won...

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - You’ve probably seen “murder hornets” popping up in your Facebook feed this week.

The two-inch insects, actually known as Asian giant hornets, can kill humans if they are stung multiple times. The hornets are also strong enough to puncture a beekeeper’s suit.

Gov. Greg Abbott instructed Texas A&M Agrilife experts to direct strategies for protecting Texans, agriculture, and honeybees if the giant hornet arrives in Texas.

The task force will bring together experts from across the Texas A&M system, including Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, the Texas A&M Department of Entomology, and the Center for Cross-Border Threat Screening and Supply Chain Defense.

“Part of our response is preparing our state entry points for cargo transportation,” said Greg Pompelli, Ph.D., director of the Center for Cross-Border Threat Screening and Supply Chain Defense. “We are developing training for Customs and Border Protection staff to be able to detect the Asian giant hornet. We are also increasing surveillance of incoming containers and evaluating opportunities for specialized detection, such as possibly using scent-trained dogs to find these hornets hidden in cargo or luggage.”

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Agrilife-creates-murder-hornet-task-force-at-request-of-Gov-Abbott-570250961.html

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fucking aggy, always crowing about how they are a marquee name in college football. Lets see who people actually watched in 2019. The LHN and SEC viewership isnt tracked by Neilsen so its impossible to do a season long comparison, but we flip back and forth from week to week in weeks where there is data for both teams. But in the marquee games. . . womp, womp.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Week 2: Texas vs LSU (8.63 million viewers), aggy vs Clemson (6.46 million viewers)
Week 7: Texas vs OU ( 7.25 million viewers), aggy vs Bama ( 6.11 million viewers)
Bowl Week: Texas vs Utah (5.61 million viewers), aggy vs Okla St (4.9 million viewers)

For comparisons sake, aggy vs LSU drew 2.95 million viewers, but admittedly it takes a steely soul to endure that kind of brutal prison rape. Hmmmm.... both games occupied a prime time TV slot on a national network (ABC, ESPN). What could be different. Jeez.....LSU played in both games, so its gotta be something else.....I gotta think on that one a bit more.

stupid sips... more people watch wanting to see you lose! /aggylogic

6 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

good thing we finally came to our senses and fired Mackovic in 2017

Who the fuck is Bill Harris? There was never anyone named Bill Harris on our list of potential hires. Ty Willingham was.

Almost the same thing, I guess. Bill Harris sounds like he could be black. 

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Who the fuck is Bill Harris? There was never anyone named Bill Harris on our list of potential hires. Ty Willingham was.

Almost the same thing, I guess. Bill Harris sounds like he could be black. 

Sounds like someone aggy would have on their radar screen. He seems like a real game changer. Not sure why Texas passed on this guy.

He was a defensive position coach at Michigan for eight years before being hired as Willingham's DC in 1995. By 1997, Stanford was coming off a 5-6 season (3-5 in the PAC), obviously making Harris a leading candidate to be Head Coach at Texas.

After leaving Stanford, instead of the Head Coach job at Texas, he chose to be a position coach at Eastern Michigan and then a phys ed teacher in Ann Arbor where he was best known for being verbally abusive to disabled children and was eventually fired for locking fifth graders in a closet and leaving them (and for being arrested for assault and battery on a student. At an elementary school). http://www.annarbor.com/news/william-harris-haisley-gym-teacher/

Publication Date: Wednesday Aug 16, 1995

STANFORD FOOTBALL: Something to get excited about

New defensive coordinator Harris wants to generate a new enthusiasm

https://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/morgue/sports/1995_Aug_16.HARRIS.html

"If you haven't guessed by now, Harris brings to the Stanford defense something it lacked during the stoic, just-do-your-job days of Bill Walsh. That would be let-your-hair-down-and-let's-have-some-fun enthusiasm."

Stanford sacks its defensive coordinator

Mark Fainaru-Wada, OF THE EXAMINER STAFF

Published 4:00 am PST, Sunday, December 20, 1998

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Stanford-sacks-its-defensive-coordinator-3053670.php

One month removed from a 3-8 season in which the team's defense ranked last in the Pac-10 and among the worst in the country, Stanford fired defensive coordinator Bill Harris.

Edited by Randolph Duke

One of the lines aggys are taught to brainlessly parrot during fish camp indoctrination is that UT "was a bad conference partner" and the UT administrators continuously made decisions in UT's best interest, as opposed to the best interests of the other members of the conference.

I've heard Billy Packer on Sirius/XM, and others, make a similar argument, that resuming the rivalry would be "in the best interests of college football". What I have never heard explained is why it is Texas A&M's responsibility to make a decision that would be "in the best interests of college football:. Shouldn't A&M's responsibility be to make a decision that is in the best interests of Texas A&M?

Resuming the regular season rivalry provides no benefit to Texas A&M, only sip. Bowl game? Bring it on. Otherwise, don't throw them a lifeline.
Note: emphasis not in the original

It takes some people a while to figure things out. It takes aggys far longer.

The responsibility of UT administrators has always been first and foremost to make decisions in the best interests of UT. The responsibility of A&M administrators has always been first and foremost to make decisions in the best interests of A&M.

It's called "leadership" and "responsibility." Two concepts completely foreign to the fish camp driven world of Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 9:19 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels like they want to let the smart people do the hard work, then skirt the rules and cut the line so they can take the credit. 

Perfectly in character for aggy.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:52 PM, Armybrat said:

I wasn’t even alive when aggy won their last MNC.

I assume that by that you mean you were already married and dead inside.

• Haha 1

I love how aggy thinks that playing them legitimizes the Big 12, a league they won once in 16 years, and got blown out the other time they played for the title. Just like in the SEC, aggy best stretch in the Big 12 came at the formation of the league, just like their 1st 2 years in the SEC.

Like a team that routinely finishes 4th in their own division would mean anything to a league that has routinely been in the Top 2-3 conferences since the formation of the current iteration of the P5. 

Time for another round of "Name That aggy!"

Two quotes below. Name the aggy who bleated them.

• "We had three reasons to move to the SEC. The first was visibility. We have the visibility that we have never had before, and it has made A&M a global brand. Secondly, we wanted to create avenues for students to realize their dreams and have the opportunities to have their degrees take them wherever they wanted to go. The third reason was all about money, and that has worked out for us. The media market hasn't been too kind over the years, but they have begun to recognize that this decision to move to the SEC has paid off in dividends."
  • "I famously said "Anytime, any place" in 2011 regarding the rivalry with Texas. Clearly, I was concerned about their refusal to play us, and I wanted to let everyone know we were definitely for keeping the rivalry going. I wanted it to be understood that we were not the ones that were pulling away. We deal with a lot of significant games in this conference. Thinking about moving forward, putting people in the seats will become a problem soon in the college ranks, and one of the fixes in increasing attendance is to have those marquee games in place. Eventually, I can see the desire for the game boiling over, and it will be played again at some point."

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So what's their excuse for sucking just as bad in the sec?  

Sips done bought the sec refs....  

Maybe they should have spent some of that 75 million on securing their own refs instead of a cuck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

So what's their excuse for sucking just as bad in the sec?  

Sips done bought the sec refs....  

Stupid sip...getting their ass whipped by the SEC West every season just means more. It helps ensure Bama or LSU get another easy win on their way to a possible Natty that they can claim as the perpetual coattail riders they are. 

• Like 1

I posted this on another thread and thought I would also drop it here. College football history. BC's history of cheating in college football. In ten parts.

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2008/05/30/the-history-of-college-football-recruiting-cheating-part-1

Post of the day (so far) and a perfect example of why the ags are such a source of comedy for me. Utterly unaware of facts and history. But that doesn't stop them for an instant at being certain in their certainty. lol.

And none of this reflects on my opinion of Jimbo Fisher. I do believe that Jimbo would win any match up with that slimeball Herman. And not only win, but blow them out. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3110776/replies/56516843

Edited by Randolph Duke

16 hours ago, Modessit said:

This seems to imply that aggy had a hard time competing with Texas until they let girls in. I guess the girls made them tougher to beat?

Okay, the sips bought their wins...  I take it the rest of the conference members were buying their wins too? How else can one explain the .500 conference play aggy averaged. 

I forgot... While the entire conference members were buying off refs, aggy was busy fighting the 80 year war, providing TransAmportation to those less fortunate bleck athletes on the other teams, and healing wounded cucks with 75 million dollar band-aids... 

• Like 1

aggys are amazing. This idiot clearly remembers Deloss having been quoted as saying something, but he can't remember exactly what it is he clearly remembers Deloss as having said.

Ok, cool. I guess the concept of "clearly remember" doesn't mean the same to aggys as it does to educated individuals.

And, of course "Deloss Dodds lost privilege" returns nothing via Google. Because Deloss never said anything close to what this idiot redneck "clearly remembers" hearing.

They make shit up and insist what they fabricate to be true. Facts simply don't matter to aggys.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

I clearly remember Dodds being quoted to the effect that "we(the Ags) lost the privilege of playing them(tu)".

Please tell me what we have done to regain that wonderful privilege?

And none of this reflects on my opinion of Jimbo Fisher. I do believe that Jimbo would win any match up with that slimeball Herman. And not only win, but blow them out. We are an upper-tier SEC team with more talent than sippy has across the board. We would win that game far more times than not, if given a level playing field. But Jimbo is not immune to bullcrap officiating. Anyone remember the 2018 Clemson game?

This is an amazing paragraph of stupidity mixed with an inaccurate version of facts.

1) Jimbo is the least liked college coach in Texas

2) aggy has lost more HTH's to Texas than they have won, especially along the LOS. They have 1 RB, no OL, and their defense from front to back is no where close to the talent at Texas.

3) Herman has finished with the higher ranked team, than Jimbo save 2016, when Herman left UH causing his team to lose their final 2 games when they had just blown out #3 Louisville, the same team that had earlier boat raced Jimbo.

Edited by HtownHorn

Just now, HtownHorn said:

This is an amazing paragraph of stupidity mixed with an inaccurate version of facts.

2) aggy has lost more HTH's to Texas than they have won. They have 1 RB, no OL, and their defense from front to back is no where close to the talent at Texas.

3) Herman has finished with the higher ranked team, than Jimbo save 2016, when Herman left UH causing his team to lose their final 2 games when they had just blown out #3 Louisville, the same team that had earlier boat raced Jimbo.

look, it's like every other Aggie argument, if you accept their premise and leave out factual evidence and reality, they've really got you by the short and curlies

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

2) aggy has lost more HTH's to Texas than they have won, especially along the LOS. They have 1 RB, no OL, and their defense from front to back is no where close to the talent at Texas.

Today, 104.9 The Horn was claiming that aggy is killing it in out of state recruiting and neck and neck with Texas in quality of recruits. 

Ok.

24 minutes ago, Deej said:

Today, 104.9 The Horn was claiming that aggy is killing it in out of state recruiting and neck and neck with Texas in quality of recruits. 

Ok.

So, Jimbo has been killing himself recruiting in Florida?  I'm assuming that will work out spectacularly for him, as such activity always does.

Edited by utee94

20 hours ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

An aggy is in bed with a hooker making small talk before hooking up. The hooker asks him how many sexual partners he's had.

The aggy begins to count and soon he falls asleep.

Damn good. That scenario has probably played out many times.