Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I first read that as the “Suckett Resolution “.

(damned cataract & retina surgery hasn’t cleared up yet)

No offense taken.

Hell, the aggys insist this entire episode of Texas history never actually happened.

Based on the list of reasons given to encourage passage of the amendment, it is easy to discern:

1) In 1915, there was still a substantial question whether UT's agricultural branch college would remain at a remote location or, as was done in Louisiana, whether the state university's agricultural branch college would be merged into the main campus.

2) In 1915 there was great concern over adequate funding, not for the main university, but for its remote branch colleges other than the medical college.

3) The "sphere of activity" for the branch agricultural college still hadn't been clearly delineated (this problem continues to this day).

4) Each institution didn't have an independent board of directors (While the state university had an independent board of directors, the agricultural branch college didn't.

5) The Texas legislative still hadn't formalized it's full role in funding the state university and it's remote branch colleges.

But in 2020 aggy fish camp will teach the next batch of rubes none of these issues ever existed because, according to redneck Texas history, the state's agricultural branch college was never a branch college to begin with.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Heck, Even Hutto has a Chili’s.

In October my daughter was in the Beaumont area doing volunteer work, helping clean up after the flooding there last summer/fall.  My wife and I met them in Vidor, where they were being housed, to visit with them.  We passed a Waffle House to get to the church where they were staying.  So, Vidor has a Waffle House, but aggy station does not.  No wonder it chaps their asses.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Can't spell for scheiss.

5 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

In October my daughter was in the Beaumont area doing volunteer work, helping clean up after the flooding there last summer/fall.  My wife and I met them in Vidor, where they were being housed, to visit with them.  We passed a Waffle House to get to the church where they were staying.  So, Vidor has a Waffle House, but aggy station does not.  No wonder it chaps their asses.

Vidor and colliestation have more in common than a lot of people think.

There is? No matter. Jap tree is where it is at. Go there and get the gallon of margaritas to go. Also, green sauce. I could main line that.

The Jalapeño tree is soooo slow though. The one on 80 in Longview used to be pretty good. Went there a lot when I was engaged. Green sauce was good stuff.

48 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

The Jalapeño tree is soooo slow though. The one on 80 in Longview used to be pretty good. Went there a lot when I was engaged. Green sauce was good stuff.

This one is close to my house, 10 maybe 15 minute drive at best.  Rarely go there because it is so slow.

This one is close to my house, 10 maybe 15 minute drive at best.  Rarely go there because it is so slow.
I hit up the MTP one because it is on the way to the lake. I call 15 minutes ahead for takeout and it is always ready. But I only get green sauce and a gallon of frozen margaritas so YMMV.

Saw a post on LinkedIn today. Proud graduate of the 9th ranked ExecutiveMBA Texum bulldog class of ‘20.  USNWR has them ranked at 44, UT at 12, and a host of bad ass schools between 1-25 or so.  I know a lot of bullshit goes into those deriving those rankings, but 9th?  In what, making up shit?   Yes aggy middle manager, you just graduated from the 9th best program in the country.  I really need to think of something I can sell them. 

Saw a post on LinkedIn today. Proud graduate of the 9th ranked ExecutiveMBA Texum bulldog class of ‘20.  USNWR has them ranked at 44, UT at 12, and a host of bad ass schools between 1-25 or so.  I know a lot of bullshit goes into those deriving those rankings, but 9th?  In what, making up shit?   Yes aggy middle manager, you just graduated from the 9th best program in the country.  I really need to think of something I can sell them. 

The idea of selling them something has legs, methinks.

9th in the SEC West.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Modessit said:
7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

9th in the SEC West.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

#9 in Texas, maybe? 

Maybe.

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Even to me, it is astounding how much energy and resources aggys expend on telling other aggys it is ok to go through life with no better than an aggy-level education.

45 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Even to me, it is astounding how much energy and resources aggys expend on telling other aggys it is ok to go through life with no better than an aggy-level education.

The worst thing about it we have a mutual connection apparently, who graduated out of the same class.  And I just know the next time I run into him, he’ll drop that 9th best EMBA tidbit, because he won’t fact check it.  It is known, 9th best EMBA in the country.  

43 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The worst thing about it we have a mutual connection apparently, who graduated out of the same class.  And I just know the next time I run into him, he’ll drop that 9th best EMBA tidbit, because he won’t fact check it.  It is known, 9th best EMBA in the country.  

9th public, 22nd overall.

How would you feel if a junior staffer requested assistance in paying $99,500 in tuition to attend his 22nd choice of EMBA programs. "But, if you ignore all those other schools, 9th is impressive, right?"

$99,500 for a junior staffer to catch up with his industry age group who long ago finished B-school and, who because of their early start, will probably always be one step ahead.

https://www.prepscholar.com/gmat/blog/mba-programs-without-gmat/

aggy_ralph.jpg.4b22e67dbb658a4ed6bac0fafd985ee3.jpg

mba no gmat.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

9th public, 22nd overall.

That is still unbelievable to me, considering several of the alums I know.  She definitely left the “public” part out, but it doesn’t make a shit, it was patently false on it face. Guess private schools don’t even exist. Still, 9th public.  That’s probably the most encouraging shit I’ve seen from them. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they climbed a few spots thru some dumbass USNWR metric. Still, good job aggy, I guess. 

Torbush.gif  

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

That is still unbelievable to me, considering several of the alums I know.  She definitely left the “public” part out, but it doesn’t make a shit, it was patently false on it face. Guess private schools don’t even exist. Still, 9th public.  That’s probably the most encouraging shit I’ve seen from them. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they climbed a few spots thru some dumbass USNWR metric. Still, good job aggy, I guess. 

Torbush.gif  

Reply with "wow, they are 9th in the nation of all schools?"

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Is that 9th best in Texas, or 9th best in Brazos county?

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

UT Dallas has a better business school than aggy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

The ranking was for Venezuela and Turkmenistan.

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

UT Dallas has a better business school than aggy.

While I wholeheartedly agree with this, the aggy diploma mill seems to be pumping them into the workforce at an incredible pace. Grade inflation is a real issue with their business school and while I can only speak for accounting firms, we have taken notice. 

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Anothet lost aggy ring.  Which leads to more comments about lost rings, including one dug up in the dirt lulz.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3112959

I lost a substantial amount of money in a large unmarked brown paper bag. It should be easy to identify as all of the money was $20 bills so that should separate it from any other finds.  There may or may not be a bit of white "dust" on it.  Please return.  No questions will be asked.  Will keep it confidential.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Anothet lost aggy ring.  Which leads to more comments about lost rings, including one dug up in the dirt lulz.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3112959

Anyone know Robert M. Overstreet III, that graduated A&M in 2011? If not, please share help me find him or his family. we found his class ring

If not, please share??

23 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

20 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

The idea of selling them something has legs, methinks.

Maybe y’all should attend the 9th best EMBA program in the country so you can fully develop this plan. 

39 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I remember the days when the gomers would complain about us offering a Liberal Arts Degree and such. What is next for them a School of Dentistry?  They need to go back to what they do best, sticks their arms up a cows rectum. 

That would first require them to remind us of exactly what it is they do best. Seriously.

The only thing they arguably do well is their Vet school. Thankfully, Tech is about to show the ags how to actually run a vet school. The big winners of the decision to take monopoly control of the state's vet training away from Texas A&M - the people of Texas. So, if taking control of a sector of the state's economy away from the aggys leads to direct benefits to the people of Texas, and what the aggys had formerly been controlling was what they supposedly do best, do aggys actually do anything well?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

That would first require them to remind us of exactly what it is they do best. Seriously.

The only thing they arguably do well is their Vet school. Thankfully, Tech is about to show the ags how to actually run a vet school. The big winners of the decision to take monopoly control of the state's vet training away from Texas A&M - the people of Texas. So, if taking control of a sector of the state's economy away from the aggys leads to direct benefits to the people of Texas, and what the aggys had formerly been controlling was what they supposedly do best, do aggys actually do anything well?

So if you want to go to vet school in Texas, your 2 choices are 1. a podunk shithole devoid of any culture or substance or 2. Lubbock 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1