Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

The nacent pissing match between aggy and Tech over who has the best vet school is going to be hilarious.

Fuck aggy. IDGAF about even engaging them in the conversation.  They are such a pain in the ass on every front concerning the subject.  All they care about is themselves.   They have blocked and complicated this on every front.  They do not care about the farmers and ranchers of Texas.  It’s just all about their bullshit.  They can all go die in a gotdam fire for all I care.

• Like 2

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The nacent pissing match between aggy and Tech over who has the best vet school is going to be hilarious.

I could see aggy maybe (maybe, because I don't know the facts directly, nor do I care to learn them) being ahead for a while, simply because their vet school existed first.

But there is zero chance they'll stay that way.

29 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I could see aggy maybe (maybe, because I don't know the facts directly, nor do I care to learn them) being ahead for a while, simply because their vet school existed first.

Particularly where it applies to large animal care, which is what matters to the ranchers in West Texas.

Edited by TrashMaster G

40 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It will be a high priority for the senior Tech administrators to give aggy their comeuppance in the world of veterinary braggadocio.

An epic battle of mighty equals if there ever has been one.

A pissing match with Tech over who has the best vet school is a no-win situation for aggy, but it has immense benefits for the segment of the state economy focused on large animal production. Watching aggy overreact every time Tech pokes them with a stick is going to provide endless comedy.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

It will be a high priority for the senior Tech administrators to give aggy their comeuppance in the world of veterinary braggadocio.

A pissing match with Tech over who has the best vet school is a no-win situation for aggy, but it has immense benefits for the segment of the state economy focused on large animal production. Watching aggy overreact every time Tech pokes them with a stick is going to provide endless comedy.

Didn’t Tech kick aggy ass in meat judging competition for a few years running?

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

So if you want to go to vet school in Texas, your 2 choices are 1. a podunk shithole devoid of any culture or substance or 2. Lubbock 

Or, hear me out here, you could choose to leave Texas and go to a better vet school than both and live in ft Collins for a couple of years. 
I think aggy STRONGLY prefers their vet students to have attended undergrad at aggy, so that’s a 6 year decision. Hopefully tech doesn’t care and takes the best applicants it can. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

So if you want to go to vet school in Texas, your 2 choices are 1. a podunk shithole devoid of any culture or substance or 2. Lubbock 

One would hope as the Tech University system develops their veterinary school and education programs, there will be other locations in addition to Lubbock. Amarillo, Odessa, and El Paso make intuitive sense considering Tech has a presence in those cities in terms of having health sciences centers.

One would hope as the Tech University system develops their veterinary school and education programs, there will be other locations in addition to Lubbock. Amarillo, Odessa, and El Paso make intuitive sense considering Tech has a presence in those cities in terms of having health sciences centers.

Tech having 4 locations for a vet school in that proximity makes no sense at all. Maybe el paso but still. I would guess a lot of panhandle vets are close to 60/40 aggy and Colorado state.

It would make more sense for aggy to have vet schools in CS, Houston, and Dallas simply from population density.

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think aggy STRONGLY prefers their vet students to have attended undergrad at aggy

aggy prefers that for literally every one of their graduate programs, which is the exact opposite of how it should be.  Sometimes they even make it a formal policy for admission.  Bassackwards fucks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Tech having 4 locations for a vet school in that proximity makes no sense at all. Maybe el paso but still. I would guess a lot of panhandle vets are close to 60/40 aggy and Colorado state.

It would make more sense for aggy to have vet schools in CS, Houston, and Dallas simply from population density.

You find heavy concentrations of commercial livestock ranching activity in densely populated urban centers, do you? 

Unfortunately for John Sharp, just because College Station smells a feedlot, that doesn’t make it the prime location for a vet school in Texas. 

You find heavy concentrations of commercial livestock ranching activity in densely populated urban centers, do you? 
Unfortunately for John Sharp, just because College Station smells a feedlot, that doesn’t make it the prime location for a vet school in Texas. 
Vets make money on pets, not cows.

16 minutes ago, markstanco said:

And therein lies the problem.

The Texas Tech vet School will be located in Amarillo not Lubbock

It is going to be on the same campus as the Amarillo HSC (which does not offer an MD degree that is Lubbock and El Paso) and the pharmacy school which is headquartered out of Amarillo and is a part of the Lubbock HSC

The Vet school is going to be a part of the main university though. It will not be a part of the Lubbock HSC (and associated campuses) that is a separate institution from the university or the El Paso HSC which is also a separate institution from both the University and the Lubbock et al HSC.

For a while it looked as though the vet school might be a part of the Lubbock HSC (and associated campuses).

21 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

What about a Sterling City branch?

5 hours ago, markstanco said:
6 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Have you been following this story? Tech wants a vet school to focus more on large animals (livestock) to meet the needs of west Texas ranchers. Aggy already focuses on pets and fucking sheep. 

Shit man this hits close to home.  We are planning on moving back to Texas (born and raised in Austin) from VA by summer of 2022. My daughter is hell bent on being a vet and I don't want her to be an aggy.  So we are looking at Tech.  Did not know that the Vet school itself is in Amarillo. Here's to hoping she decides to do something else and she can follow her Uncles footsteps and attend UT.

• Like 4

On 5/20/2020 at 12:11 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Regardless....they can both claim to be in "top 10"!

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Shit man this hits close to home.  We are planning on moving back to Texas (born and raised in Austin) from VA by summer of 2022. My daughter is hell bent on being a vet and I don't want her to be an aggy.  So we are looking at Tech.  Did not know that the Vet school itself is in Amarillo. Here's to hoping she decides to do something else and she can follow her Uncles footsteps and attend UT.

Uncle Iceman will watch out for her...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

The Texas Tech vet School will be located in Amarillo not Lubbock

It is going to be on the same campus as the Amarillo HSC (which does not offer an MD degree that is Lubbock and El Paso) and the pharmacy school which is headquartered out of Amarillo and is a part of the Lubbock HSC

The Vet school is going to be a part of the main university though. It will not be a part of the Lubbock HSC (and associated campuses) that is a separate institution from the university or the El Paso HSC which is also a separate institution from both the University and the Lubbock et al HSC.

For a while it looked as though the vet school might be a part of the Lubbock HSC (and associated campuses).

I wonder if aggy will take a World War 1 artillery piece and load it on a train to Amarillo, in furtherance of their tradition?  

• Like 1

They had some sound bites from Ross Bjork, former worst member of ABBA and current aggy AD, on the evening news just now. As a side note, we moved to the San Antonio area two years ago and still amazed at the gallons of aggy jizz consumed by those stations.

Anyway Bjork said he expected all “102 733 thousand” seats at Pyle Field to be full. Now they’re just making up numbers

At a memorial for a family friend and after they had a crawfish boil.  His son and all his friends are mostly aggies.  One guy just went on for five minutes about a picture of the college station skyline that he just bought...  Seriously.